Hi!

My name is Amelia and I found NF after realizing I needed to pay more attention to my health.

I'm a big traveler and in the past I've let that get in the way of committing to a healthy lifestyle. If I'm only going to be in Morocco for a week then I want to try all the food/drink! Especially the super sugary mint tea or sweet cookies :D but I'm also a huge nerd and when I'm not traveling I'm generally in bed, surrounded by pillows making goo-goo eyes at whatever's currently on my computer screen. 

This past year I've been in London completing an MA. While a great academic achievement it's left my diet and fitness routine in shambles. For example, before moving here I never drank coffee, now I can down a large Starbucks coffee no problem. And it's not that I drink it black, oh no. I like it more like a milkshake :D And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've become a sloth! My exercising routine was decimated by the amazing amount of studying I had and the fact that I never bothered getting a gym membership. 

But now I'm moving on! My MA is over and I leave for Boston (helllllo USA!) in a week. But I am a serious comfort eater. So stressful MA=food, stressful move=food, stressful job hunt=MORE FOOD! In the last two weeks I found myself scarfing down two king sized Reese's Peanut Butter cups and I realized it was time to re-evaluate. I don't know how much I weigh because a stepping on a scale is terrifying, but I know my body and there are bits that have become much larger in the last few months.

If we're doing full disclosure, I have my second degree black belt in Tang Soo Do (Korean style martial arts similar to Tae Kwon Do). I started as a four year old and continued training regularly until I moved here. It's not something I tell most people because like runners, people have a very specific idea of what a martial artist should look like, but it is something that I am proud of and is a fundamental part of my life. My RL name is from a fantasy character who was an amazing knife-wielding, spy badass and I've always thought it would be cool to move like she does. I've got the sparring, but I want to be able to run and leap through the air and keep going.

I don't want to throw myself in head first and get overwhelmed and back out, but I don't want to allow myself to chicken out either. Autumn is the time for fresh starts so I'm hopeful this will prove to be successful.

Race: Hobbit - Class: Recruit (Aspiring Assassin)

My introduction is here. My battle log is there. My 6wc log is over there.

Have less than 5 pieces of candy during the challenge. (Let's keep this bar full!)

100%
100%

NF's Beginners Strength Training (12 workouts in total through my first challenge)

16.6%
16.6%

Eat at least 5 meals with vegetables per week (15 meals in total through my first challenge)

0%
0%

I wonder if there will be any parkour schools near you when you move? I wish there were any by me, because I've never tried it but it looks fun!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I hope so! I'm not familiar with the Boston area, but I'm going to find out! I'll let you know what I discover :)

• Like 1

Race: Hobbit - Class: Recruit (Aspiring Assassin)

My introduction is here. My battle log is there. My 6wc log is over there.

Have less than 5 pieces of candy during the challenge. (Let's keep this bar full!)

100%
100%

NF's Beginners Strength Training (12 workouts in total through my first challenge)

16.6%
16.6%

Eat at least 5 meals with vegetables per week (15 meals in total through my first challenge)

0%
0%