Orchids Battle Log

So today is Day 1. Officially. 

I plan to use this thread as my accountability and action plan. 

Little backstory, I am a couch potato of the highest order, I work at a desk all day, and I could eat my body weight in carbs. I love carbs.

That was then. This is now.

From here on out I will say: I am not a couch potato, I am an active person. I may work at a desk all day, but I can walk around the office as much as I need to. I may love my carbs, but they don't love me back. I love the right carbs more.

What's my boss battle plan of attack?

It's a 2 part combo attack move. Up, up, down, left, right, win.

1. Diet. Small changes. - 70pts / wk 

- Less Sugar in the coffee each morning till eventually there is no sugar in the coffee. (Today was a good day, and dropped 3 spoonfuls from the usual amount and didn't notice a difference.)

- Eat SOMETHING for breakfast and lunch. I have in the past had a hard time with this. As I work 6am-5pm and when I get busy, I just don't eat. Which causes me to be ravenous by the time I get home and eat ALL THE THINGS. (Today, again, doing well. Already working on a yogurt for breakfast, and have my lunch in the fridge.)

- Portion Control on dinners. I have always made a fairly healthy dinner. Always a protein with three veggies. But I need to watch my portions. 

- Last on the diet changes, Sweet Tea. Stop it. No more. I have no issues, and enjoy drinking water all day at work. It's when I get home. The south loves its sweet tea. I usually only have one glass a day, so cutting back will need to be one less a week until it is no longer even in my diet. 

2. Exercise - Strength Training.  - 30pts / wk

- I plan on starting the Beginners Strength Training workout I found on here :) The plan is 3x a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Once that becomes too easy, move up.  

Each week I will total my score. If I reach 100pts for the week, I won that boss battle. 

Boss secret moves to watch out for?

- Diet blow out assault. Critical attack. Well meaning co-workers that bring in doughnuts, bagels, cakes, cookies, and chicken biscuits all. the. time. I will be able to defeat this secret move by enabling will power mode. To do this, player must equip the pants check feature. Pants still too tight? Will power engaged. Failed to engage will power in time? Lose 10pts.

- Loving fiance Oreo ice cream sneak attack. Critical attack. This boss move is usually seen after dinner, right before bed. Player will need to engage will power mode. Same steps to equip as with the last attack. Fail to engage will power, lose another 10 pts.

Start Game.

Will Power bar: Full

Character: Here

OLD, but relevant - Original Battle Log

Current Challenge: Here

I love your format here :) it looks like something I'm going to try myself! Also the boss secret moves are inspired. I've definitely fallen prey to the diet blow out assault before. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress.

Race: Hobbit - Class: Recruit (Aspiring Assassin)

My introduction is here. My battle log is there. My 6wc log is over there.

Have less than 5 pieces of candy during the challenge. (Let's keep this bar full!)

100%
100%

NF's Beginners Strength Training (12 workouts in total through my first challenge)

16.6%
16.6%

Eat at least 5 meals with vegetables per week (15 meals in total through my first challenge)

0%
0%

Alright :) So, attempted the Beginners Body Weight training routine that I found here. As I read it, it seemed so easy. I thought I could breeze through it this week and move on to intermediate next week. Well, I was so wrong. I guess I underestimated just how out of shape I was. I barely made it through 1 set of each move. By the end I was panting.

Ok, so realization, I will continue this workout routine until I can successfully get through the entire 3 sets. New mini goal, be able to complete 3 full sets by the end of October. This should be attainable.

So, after yesterday afternoons attempt at the beginners workout, I was exhausted, but I felt good. Even though I could only get through 1 set of each exercise. Today, my upper thighs are a little sore. I have been getting up and walking around the office to help as the longer I sit at my desk the tighter they get. 

Now, today, my arms are not sore, neither is my back, chest, or core. Is there some form of combo exercises I can do that will not involve my thighs? Since I'm not feeling sore, and able to work those areas, I would like to. To keep the momentum.