• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Assassin Fellowship Mini #3: Relax in Rivendell

EVEN HEROES NEED TO RELAX

giphy.gif

All this traveling sure is wearying.  Fortunately, the Mines of Moria are now behind us, and we've got some very fine hosts caring for us while we recover from too many push-ups our hard-won battle.  Before we continue on our journey, it's time to decompress and regain our energy.

You must know by now what this means that it's time for...

tumblr_mki5730cyC1rsobi3o1_500.gif

Wait.  No.  That's not it.  Actually, it's time for some some yoga.  Competitive yoga, because we are Assassins.

HOW TO PLAY:

tumblr_npi6rnGgB21u4iuato2_500.gif

• For this mini, we will be completing yoga videos.  Here is the list of selected videos, by level:
  • Participants are limited to completing ONE yoga video/class per day.  That means the maximum number per person would be 7.
  • You may repeat the same video as many times as you like, or do a different video every day.  Please take care of yourself and stay safe.  Some of these do involve advanced asanas that are not suitable for every level of practitioner.  If you get into a video and it is too difficult, feel free to make modifications to keep the experience safe and enjoyable for yourself.  In most cases, the teacher in the video will suggest alternatives.
  • ​​All videos are between 20-40 minutes long.  If you take a yoga class/do another video of at least 20+ minutes, you may count it towards the goal in place of the above.
  • HOWEVER, anyone who completes the exact 7 listed above (without substitutions) may award themselves an additional completion bonus.
  • RACE BONUS IN PLAY!  Because elves are already pretty at home here in Rivendell, each video for team elf will count for 1.5 points instead of 1.  Completion bonus is still worth 1 point each.
  • The teams that perform best on this task will earn additional prestige, helping them make their case for being the worthiest of all races... thus bringing their champion one step closer to delivering the Ring to Mount Doom.

This mini-challenge lasts until SUNDAY 11:59PM EST... so get to it.

>>DO AS THE LOCALS DO<<

Still need to sign up for a team? PM starsapart to be assigned.

Normal Mini-Challenge Rules:

- Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate. Don't let mini-challenges hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

Every Assassin who competes in this mini-challenge gets +1 CHA for being a good guest!

Assassins, remember to be safe and have fun!

• Like 2

Oh this is going to be interesting, we just got new, cushy carpets at home. I think I might be luxuriating on that with my cats during corpse pose.....

Fluff-on-fluff. Double-fluffed yoga. Such relaxing, much soft. So wow.

• Like 3

You should have seen the yoga mini when we did Game of Thrones.  This is comparatively mild.

I started hyperventilating a bit when I saw "yoga" in memory... this is definitely mild in some ways.  But also a great challenge.  Thanks Stars!!!

• Like 1

Question about this:

• HOWEVER, anyone who completes the exact 7 listed above (without substitutions) may award themselves an additional completion bonus.
When you say without substitutions, do you mean without substituting a different video, or not taking easier versions of some of the poses if needed?

Also, must they be done in order to get the bonus, or just all 7 at some point during the week?
  • Like 1

Question about this:

When you say without substitutions, do you mean without substituting a different video, or not taking easier versions of some of the poses if needed?

Also, must they be done in order to get the bonus, or just all 7 at some point during the week?

You may sub in easier asanas if you can't access one in the video.  If the entire video is like that for you, though, then maybe you might do better going for a different one. :)

You may do the 7 videos in any order to get the completion bonus.  You have 7 days, 7 videos, and a 1-per-day rule.  Everything else is up to you. ^_^

So I need a little more clarification

Example A:

I do a different Yoga session not listed.

I put a 1 in the Video column?

Example B:

I do a Yoga video from the list.

I put a 1 in the Video column and a 1 in the Completion Bonus column?

Example A:

I do a different Yoga session not listed.

I put a 1 in the Video column?

Yes.

Example B:

I do a Yoga video from the list.

I put a 1 in the Video column and a 1 in the Completion Bonus column?

No.  You put a 1 in the completion bonus column ONLY IF you complete ALL SEVEN videos linked above over the course of seven days.

So... I decided to start big.  Did Rise to Power.  :D  I can get the basic binds, but have difficulty moving on from there.  I got a few seconds of crow (!!!!), but have yet to get into headstand.  My standing splits can only improve.  I am amazed that I could do so much of that.  Yay for minis showing me that I am even more strong and capable than I know.

• Like 1

I started off slow and my upper back is now open :) Tomorrow will probably be a more challenging one. Definitely loved the double body scan, it was exactly what I needed!

e3b2e9c4a4cce98675570552294c32d6.jpg

• Like 2

I did the Rise to Power video first, on the grounds that if I always try the hardest video I haven't done yet, every day will seem easier than the day before.

My hip and leg flexibility are poor, I couldn't hold the "bind" poses for very long, and I couldn't do the L-sit thing near the end, but I kept up. Oh, and 13-second crow pose, and potentially infinite headstand. Yeah!

• Like 3