I signed up for NFA a few months back, and have been struggling to get started. My 40th birthday just rolled around earlier this month, and even though I thought of it as just another day, it's actually bothered me some. I'm okay with not being some super cut athletic dude, but it would be nice to be healthy. My family generally eats well (my wife is in good shape and makes most of our meals with good ingredients), but I think I just eat too much and I'm not very active.

The funny part is that I work for a company that is heavily invested in health and wellness. In fact, the department I work in is focused on fitness products, and I'm surrounded with runners, cyclists, and triathletes that use the things we make every day. I feel pretty foolish most of the time.

I don't typically post to forums like this, but I'm really struggling to find motivation. You'd think getting older and feeling terrible would be motivation enough.  :nevreness:

Hello! I'm new here too! And I completely understand, It often isn't enough to say "I NEED to work out." We just aren't made to push ourselves intrinsically to exercise. Hopefully, social pressure by posting will help us all to exercise :)

"Well perhaps that's you then. Perhaps you'll just have to stay here secure and just a little bit miserable 'till the day you drop. Better than trying and failing, hey?"