Red1263 Takes on the Path of the Scorpion

Red1263

Last we left Red, He agreed to become the apprentice of the Martial Arts Master, Kru...

1_3.png

"OK, it looks like this is it." Red looks around, confused. "What's it?" With a smile and a bow, Kru vaguely explains, "The Winds of Change have begun to blow, our meeting will soon come to and end and you will have to continue on your journey without me." "Wait, whaaa?! Why? H-how could you possibly know that?" "Sorry, guy, but you're just going to have to wait and see."

And he was right... Several weeks later, Red found himself unemployed, walking along his path and now he looks ahead and faces uncertainty...

2_3.png

"What do I do now?" He asks himself, he knows where he wants to go, however he doesn't how to get there. He hears a voice echoing from the crystal in his pocket, 'Scorpion...' He pulls out the Water crystal shard and notices that this isn't where the voice is coming from. 'Scorpion...' it whispers again from his pocket, he reaches inside and pulls out something he didn't know he had, a Fire Crystal shard!

3_2.png

"What the? How did--... *sigh* Kru. But wait, this is great! I'm on my way! Now, how do I activate this thi--" 'Scorpion.' The shard echoes. "What does that even mean?" Red stood for a moment. and then he looked around and found himself not alone.

4_1.png

'Why are they just staring at me?' Red thought to himself. 'Because they're here to guide you.' "OK! This is starting to get a bit freaky! Err... Lead the way?" At once, the Arachnids began crawling towards a direction. 'Let them guide you.'

And so, Red follows the Path of the Scorpion!

• 'The Scorpion is aware of its limitations and potentials' - One of my favorite TV shows, where a bunch of Super geniuses solve world disasters using their intellect. I am going to remember and relearn information lost to me, by watching Biology courses from MIT and studying my old textbooks and notes! - Finish all of the Courses before the Challenge is over
  • 'The Scorpion constantly strives to perfect its abilities' - I will not be able to take Muay Thai (due to my not having a job currently), but I will finish out the month and resume my training based on what I've learned. - Make a Routine involving MT practices and BW exercises
  • 'The Scorpion endures the harshest of conditions' - Look for a new job - Apply to as many as possible and finish up loose ends
  • 'The Scorpion does not even let loss of limb stop it from moving forward' - Don't let myself be comfortable with not having a job, to be constantly reading, learning, or applying - Keep moving forward!

E.png

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I'm confused. Is this a challenge within the challenge or a new take?

This is the new take, the new challenge.

Hahaha, I like it. I mean, not the part where you lost your job and can't get to the gym. That part sucks. But the rest looks good.

Rooting for you! Do you have anybody in any position to help you with the job search?

Ha ha ha, Thanks Kishi!

Not really, especially since I'm aiming for a job focused on my Bio degree. With that in mind

So far, I'm certain that my time with Muay Thai is currently over (but I'll be back). I've completed 2 applications (1 for Radiology Tech and 1 for Pharm Tech), and received a call about an old RV, I've been meaning to get rid of! So that's 3 out of the 4 goals done today!

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Well this is interesting, As it turns out, I still have a month left on my Muay Thai classes!

homer-good.jpg

Unfortunately, this whole week has been cancelled due to my instructor being in Brazil.

homer-bad.jpg

And so, I've decided to take matters into my own hands and do my own Muay Thai training in my backyard!

homer-good.jpg

But I still haven't found a job yet.

homer-bad.jpg

But this challenge isn't over, yet!

16-homer-simpson.gif

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I'm heeeeeeeere! I like the theme and all the little 8-bit characters. The "wrong scorpion" was hilarious. So was that last post! Homer cracks me up!

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I'm sorry to hear about your job, but I'm glad that things are looking up for you. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your bodyweight/muay thai inspired workout. =)

WhiteBeltBrowncoat | Four-week Challenge 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Current

Goal: Weigh 238 lbs by 10/14/2018 SW(201809112):245.9 / CW(201800917):244.2

Think Progress, Not Perfection

I'm heeeeeeeere! I like the theme and all the little 8-bit characters. The "wrong scorpion" was hilarious. So was that last post! Homer cracks me up!

Wolf

Hey hey! Buddy! Ha ha ha, I knew you'd like the "Wrong Scorpion" bit. 

I'm sorry to hear about your job, but I'm glad that things are looking up for you. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your bodyweight/muay thai inspired workout. =)

Heya WhiteBeltBrowncoat! Yeah, it was a bit of "All of a sudden" I'm even sure I'm processing all of it, properly, in either case, I've gotta keep moving forward! Thanks for coming to my thread btw.

She ain't over 'til she's over.  And if you have the chance to get in there and keep training, you need to take it. Given that this is temporary for the foreseeable future, it might serve you to make the most of it and get in every chance you get.

My thoughts exactly! You took the words right out my mouth! (not to mention that they already billed me for this month :P)

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Alright, you guys, I'm still around, on this challenge! I know I haven't posted much on this thread but here's what I've done.

• I am seriously lacking on the courses, I'm still trying to find the time to watch them, but a lot of times, I get distracted by something.
  • Muay Thai is still going strong, got my butt kicked today for moving straight backwards and not moving left or right.
  • Still looking for a new job...
  • Surprizingly enough, I've been very busy, which is good, that I'm not wasting time playing video games or something, but rather, things to do here around the house.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Sweet! You've been absent because you have things to do. That's the best possible reason for you to be absent from this place. Very good. Keep going.

Thanks for that Kishi, I was starting to feel a bit guilty for not posting on here as often as others.

So today in the early morning, I went to the gym with my brother (Crunch Fitness) and I must admit that it's pretty cool. I ran 5K on a treadmill (Final Time: 31:42) And saw that they have freeweights, so I did some bicep curls - 3 sets of 10 with 20 lbs - And some weighted lunges - 3 sets of 20 (10 both sides) with 25 lbs - and I'll admit that I stood around wondering what to do next, I didn't have much of a plan walking in, except for running. But on the plus side, this will help inspire my brother go the the gym and improve his fitness (mostly because I won't let him sleep in)

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Sounds like lots of dumbbells, and not so many barbells. Which is fine, of course - you can make those do some awesome things for you beyond just bicep curlz. And being there for your brother is a good thing to do.

True, but it was my first day ever in that gym, I wasn't exactly sure where everything was. As I keep going, I'll get more and more familiar (and actually have a plan when I get there :P)

• So today's MT Class, was pretty educational, I was able to finally get my Side Kick down, and I was training with a new guy, so I was able to help him get his Kick down too.
  • Still no Job, although I'm getting rejection letters, so at least they're reading my application :P
  • Bio lectures are still on the back burner by the time I actually have time to look/listen to them, I'm too tired.
  • One positive note, I'm working on my next challenge. Hopefully I post more in the next one ^_^;;

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

When we last left Red, he was undertaking the Trail of the Scorpion...

"You know, not all of us can see in the dark of these tunnels..." He spoke a bit loudly, but his words falls on the deaf ears of the surrounding scorpions. After reaching an opening, the scorpions scattered to the sides and leave him standing in the center of what seems like a ring. "What the? What's going o--" His words were cut short, by a scrapping sound. His eyes look towards a giant hole, where eight red eyes are locked on him. What emerges from that dark hole, is a giant blue scorpion!

1_4.png

'This is your test...' a Voice echoed from the crystal. "This is my WHAAA?!" Red exclaims as the scorpion lunges its tail right at him!

2_4.png

'This is your test...' The voice echoes again. "OK, OK, OK! Think! This is the Trail of the Scorpion, right? Well then, I have to follow those guidelines of a Scorpion!" Red dodges another tail lunge! "Damn, those things are getting too close! What was the first trail? Something, something scorpion? Oh I got it! 'The Scorpion is aware of its limitations and potentials'! OK! Here it goes!" Red stands still with his eyes closed, trying to listen for the movement of the gargantuan arachnid. The scorpion stands there, and notices him being still. The monster reaches over ever so slowly...

3_3.png

Red tries to concentrate, noticing that something isn't right, he immediately jumps out of the claw and jumps back. "Nope! Nope, nope, nope! What's the next one? 'The Scorpion constantly strives to perfect its abilities'! Alright, I got this one!" Red dons his Muay Thai equipment and unleashes a barrage of attacks!

4_2.png

"HA! Take that!" Red felt confident in his attack. "Ok what's the next Scorpion thing? 'The Scorpion endures the harshest of conditions'! Wait, am I getting paid for this?" Red's momentary thought processing causes him to hesitate for just long enough for the scorpion to strike. "Uh oh!" Red yells as he defends himself at the last minute.

5.png

In a last ditch effort, Red summons all the strength he can to push off the attacks! "Blanca Espada!" In a flash of light, Red separates a claw from the monstrosity. "HAAA!" And so ends the Trail, as the giant blue scorpion crawls back into the hole from whence it came.

6.png

• 'The Scorpion is aware of its limitations and potentials' - Sigh... I saw one lecture, and that's about it. Failed this goal out right.
  • 'The Scorpion constantly strives to perfect its abilities' - With the surprize that I still had Muay Thai until the pre-challenge week, I didn't have much time to make up a routine, but I have another addition of heading to the gym with my Brother on Saturdays. Sta +3 Dex +1
  • 'The Scorpion endures the harshest of conditions' - Applied to a lot of places, still no job, it's not a fail though, because that's what I said I was going to do. Con +3
  • 'The Scorpion does not even let loss of limb stop it from moving forward' - I believe I got this one down, I had days where I just played games or watched TV, but they were far and few in between, I've been good at keeping myself busy and productive. Wis +2 Con +1

end.png

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I love the comics, man. :) I really, really like how every goal has a picture to go with it. It's just the right amount.

Sorry to hear that the job thing didn't work out right away. It's coming. I wouldn' be surprised if you got something the first week of the next challenge - for better or for worse, these things just seem to work out that way.

Good job and way to hang tough. See you next time?

• Like 1

I love the comics, man. :) I really, really like how every goal has a picture to go with it. It's just the right amount.

Sorry to hear that the job thing didn't work out right away. It's coming. I wouldn' be surprised if you got something the first week of the next challenge - for better or for worse, these things just seem to work out that way.

Good job and way to hang tough. See you next time?

I like to use comics to illustrate my threads and challenges. Whether I make my goals or not, I'll usually have an image for them.

Ha ha ha, that's usually the case with me, but we'll see how the job hunt goes.

Definitely, I'm working on my next challenge right now!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I am a fan of the Red storyline. Would play the heck out of a videogame based on that. Or a comic book could work. Great stuff Red, congrats for sticking with it. Despite the results, you're still in the fight and that's all that matters

• Like 1

I am a fan of the Red storyline. Would play the heck out of a videogame based on that. Or a comic book could work. Great stuff Red, congrats for sticking with it. Despite the results, you're still in the fight and that's all that matters

Thanks D_R, that means a lot.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler