Hi guys! I've identified myself as a monk and am starting in the Academy :) I am level so 7 so far, as I've been taking martial arts classes a few times a week for the past three months or so. I take Iaido and Aikido and I'm really enjoying myself so far!

I think I'm also part druid, as I enjoy yoga and meditation too :) I've tried running a few times (c25k) but it's SO easy to lose progress running that I get discouraged! One week of being busy, or being sick, and you're back to square one, plus shin splints/sore ankles/etc etc. I would like to be a runner, but I'm not sure if I can get there.

I am also intrigued by the idea of some sort of weight lifting.. especially if it helps with my martial arts.

I try to log my food, but well.. I find it so tedious and annoying! I aim for about 1200cals a day, but it really isn't easy. It's like my body knows when I'm about to lose weight and it ramps up my appetite to ruin everything. It feels like I do a lot of work just to maintain. I already eat fairly healthfully and cook most of my own food. I tried keto for a while, but all that fat really was gross to me. So much grease, dairy (which wrecks my skin) and I missed fruit terribly. I did lose a few lbs but I'm sure it was just water weight.

My main goal is to lose maybe 15-20lbs and put on some slight muscle tone. I would also love it if I could get more sustained energy throughout the day. One of my frustrations is that I usually get a little surge of energy at around late-morning and mid-day and feel like exercising.. when I am at work and can't. Once I get home, cook, clean, shower, etc, I am pooped and want to chill. Other goals are to just feel better in clothes and not have to worry about what angles people are looking at me at, and also aging well. I don't want to feel like crap with back problems at 40 like so many people I know. I don't want my future family to lose their sanity and their savings taking care of a crazy decrepit woman who is no longer really living life.

As for nerdery, I played WoW for a long time and was a raider, played RPG's like TES series, Dragon Age, etc. A bit of GW2 and more recently WildStar. Though since I started martial arts I have less time for gaming these days, though I would like to get some more WildStar time soon. I do play a bit of Hearthstone a couple times a week as it's easy to fit into my schedule.

Soo yeah :) Right now I'm just working on the intro quests. See ya!

Welcome! Take a look at some beginner articles to get an idea of which direction to go and you'll be well on your way to meeting your goals!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...