• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The 2015 Heroes of Hoist!

Was that your first Nationals? Looks like a decent day out!

I got hit with the lurgy before the British. It really does knock your total for six!

I'm vainly/vaguely hoping to hit that magic 400 Wilks mark in December, but may have to wait for next year. Fancy a race? :P

• Like 1

It was my first Nationals, but I approached it as just another meet since I'm no where near in contention. Those medaling in my class totaled in the 1900s I believe.

No race to 400 for me. It's too far out and my training habits have been shit the last year or two. Need to fix me for me right now.

put my numbers from nationals in. also wasn't feeling well at all, but at least hit 2 meet PR's? guh. 122.5 / 80 / 185. 389 wilks. 400+ next time!

Ok, my results are in and video below. One of these days, my peaking and this contest will coincide! I planned on not going too heavy because I'm not rested or peaked at all and I think you'll see the attempts I made did not look difficult except maybe squat. Bench pause could have been a little longer. Squat depth is a little deceptive with the pants I'm wearing, but I actually accidentally barely touched the safeties at the bottom, which were just below where I needed to be. 

I weighed in this morning at 199. Best made lifts were:

Squat - 415

Bench - 235

DL - 425

I also stupidly tried to hit a few PRs after some of these attempts even though I knew I wasn't ready...and not surprisingly failed. 

Okay.  I did a Virtual WL Meet today and posted the results.

Noted:  I weighed in at 85.3 kg this morning, but the spreadsheet only has one column for weight.

Regarding the WL Rules, I am taking exception to:

It is gripped, palms downwards and pulled in a single movement from the platform to the full extent of both arms above the head, while either splitting or bending the legs.

Instead of the single movement, I did a halting snatch and a halting clean and jerk.  This is because I am still new to the game and trying to fix tech issues.  I trust everybody is okay with this.   :)

Snatch:

43.1 kg

52.2 kg

61.2 kg - This is the second time I got this weight overhead with this motion and I was really happy with that.

Clean and Jerk:

61.2 kg

83.9 kg - FAIL - I smacked myself in the jaw and pressed the weight out.  It should be very obvious.

83.9 kg - FAIL - Again I pressed it out.

Total:  104.7 kg

Overall:  I was really happy with how stable that third snatch weight was compared to the first time I attempted that weight.  (See the Olympic Form Check in my Signature.)  I also thought the 61.2 kg jerk was a good stick.  It probably needs a few more tweaks, but we can work on that.  The last two C&J's were a bit rushed.  I had a time constraint.  The pressing out part should go away with time and practice and confidence.

Hindsight says I might have done better to pick the second lift better, like 75 kg.  Oh well.

Stay tuned for the video.  It is taking forever to upload.......   :(

EDIT:  Okay!  The video is up!

• Like 2

Was that your first Nationals? Looks like a decent day out!

I got hit with the lurgy before the British. It really does knock your total for six!

I'm vainly/vaguely hoping to hit that magic 400 Wilks mark in December, but may have to wait for next year. Fancy a race? :P

I'm in for a race :) I need a new goal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

OK here are my results:

Male at 68kg bodyweight

Squat 1: 105kg / Squat 2: 107.5kg / Squat 3: 112.5kg (PR)

Bench 1: 75kg / Bench 2: 80kg / Bench 3: 82.5kg (very unhappy about these!)

Deadlift 1: 115kg / Deadlift 2: 120kg (PR) / Deadlift 3: 125kg (PR!)

Figure these are unlikely to be rank worthy so I didn't bother to film them (and my gym buddy is away). I figure if I can do them once I can do them twice if verification is needed lol

• Like 1

Oh Man!  I was looking forward to competing against you.  :(  Next time!

Maybe in a few years, I might be able to put up some kind of competition.  I'm quite a newb at Oly.  :)

Oh Man!  I was looking forward to competing against you.  :(  Next time!

Next time for sure! Sometimes I am MIA for long periods of time, but there are some rebels who know how to get a hold of me to remind me where my roots lie.

Maybe in a few years, I might be able to put up some kind of competition.  I'm quite a newb at Oly.   :)

You can do it now! :)

I meant put up real numbers lol. Clean and push press. Maybe.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Psh.  You can do it now.  Do not doubt.  Lift that bar with flagrant disregard for the laws of gravity!

• Like 1