Ooops I got lazy over the holidays...

I love food! I have terrible self control and that is why I keep lots of good food at home. Unfortunetaly, I managed to spend most of my holidays at everyone else's house and ate epic proportions of all the yummy bad stuff...so not only am I out of shape but about 10 pounds heavier...so here I go day 2 of working out again and I feel it! It hurts soooooooooo good...I don't know why I ever let myself go through lazy phases, I always regret it and once active again I get a crazy high!!!!!!!

i do the exact same thing! the trick (i think, i hope) is to stick with the exercise portion as consistently as you can. and eventually it will become a habit. sometimes, with the food, i find it's better to just say no to that first bite...because i don't have the self-control (yet) to just eat one cookie or whatever else there is.

sings: "step by step, day by day!"

what helped for me was finding activities i loved so much that i couldn't imagine giving them up. for me that's ice hockey and heavy lifting with barbells (ala starting strength). i also check in with this community a lot to remind me of the merits of the pursuit of awesomeness. even if i don't have anything to post, i just read forums and see what everyone's doing so i don't feel i'm going it alone. lots of information and inspiration to be found here!

WELCOME!!!

Guest guest4729
what helped for me was finding activities i loved so much that i couldn't imagine giving them up. for me that's ice hockey and heavy lifting with barbells (ala starting strength). i also check in with this community a lot to remind me of the merits of the pursuit of awesomeness. even if i don't have anything to post, i just read forums and see what everyone's doing so i don't feel i'm going it alone. lots of information and inspiration to be found here!

WELCOME!!!

Why not post more then? I've learned that the less I post, the less motivated I am. For some reason keeping active in the community on the forums keeps me more active in my work outs. I've also noticed when I start making excuses NOT to be active I ignore the forums and don't check them at all during the day. Strange but true.

Why not post more then? I've learned that the less I post, the less motivated I am. For some reason keeping active in the community on the forums keeps me more active in my work outs. I've also noticed when I start making excuses NOT to be active I ignore the forums and don't check them at all during the day. Strange but true.

i guess i still feel like i don't really know enough to be helpful, so i'm shy about posting. when i do post i just share my experience and/or encourage someone. for me though, posting doesn't tie in with my motivation. i'm actually on here more when i don't feel motivated or when my self-critic starts taking over. i prob should post more though, and not worry whether i know enough or whether i fit in.