• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Assassin Fellowship Mini #5: Survive Cirith Ungol

IT'S JUST A LITTLE NARROW...

tumblr_m1chuylsVG1r9jlito1_500.gif

We're nearly to Mordor now!  Only a few obstacles stand in out path..... such as this lovely bit of scenery.  Oh, and this harmless-looking creature:

wgfXz8D.gif

Easy as pie, right?  Get through the tunnels, defeat the giant spider... we'll be at Mount Doom in time for second breakfast.

HOW TO PLAY:

giphy.gif

• First, getting through the tunnels.  They're narrow in some places... to get through, each team will have to collectively do 1,000 bear crawls.  1 rep = moving BOTH legs and BOTH arms (2 "steps").
  • RACE BONUS IN PLAY!  Hobbits are good at fitting in tight spaces, so each bear crawl for team hobbit will count for 1.5 points instead of 1.
  • Once your team has reached Shelob (completed 1000 bear crawls), you must defeat the spider!  Unfortunately, we don't have a special gift from Galadriel to help us along.  Fortunately, we're pretty tough and can fight her via conventional means.
  • Shelob has 4,000 HP total that needs to be depleted.  To deplete this, we're going to be doing leg raises (how does this relate to fighting? I'm sure you can come up with some sort of analogy - work with me here and pretend they're kicks; we're doing some core madness this week).  1 rep = down and back up again.
    • The one exception is if you have an injury that means you cannot do either bear crawls or leg raises safely.  If this is your situation, please PM starsapart and get an alternative exercise.  If you can do one but not the other, that's fine - work with your teammates.
  • The teams that reach Shelob fastest and do the most damage before the spider goes down will earn additional prestige, helping them make their case for being the worthiest of all races... thus bringing their champion one step closer to delivering the Ring to Mount Doom.

This mini-challenge lasts until SUNDAY 11:59PM EST... so get to it.

>>GET CRAWLING<<

Still need to sign up for a team? PM starsapart to be assigned.

Normal Mini-Challenge Rules:

- Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate. Don't let mini-challenges hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

Every Assassin who competes in this mini-challenge gets +1 DEX for making their speedy way through the tunnels!

Assassins, remember to be safe and have fun!

For the bear crawls, does going backwards count the same as going forwards?  I'm trying to work out an indoor method that doesn't involve resetting every 2 steps.

• Like 1

For the bear crawls, does going backwards count the same as going forwards?  I'm trying to work out an indoor method that doesn't involve resetting every 2 steps.

Good question.  Forward or back is fine as long as it's the same motion.

• Like 1

Bear walking is fun! Wheeeeeeeee!

Plus, I need some serious workout time, after a very busy and foodly Thanksgiving weekend.

Edit for thematically appropriate GIF:

Fozzie_ear_wiggle_zps5ncii1xo.gif

• Like 3

Wish I read this before. I've been crawling up and down this 4m stretch of carpet like an idiot :D

• Like 2

Wow Jothra your killing it! 506? Tha means you've actually done over 1,000 bear crawl steps! What's your secret????

My main hereditary strong body parts: forearms and calves. Even at the least fit I've ever been, I had very good calves and forearms. I admit, it's an unearned privilege.

• Like 1

When someone catches you walking outside on all fours, and your explanation is that you are a Human Male Warrior acting as an Honorary Dwarven Assassin, and you are pretending to crawl through a tiny hole so you can do leg-raises in order to defeat a giant predatory spider, which is also in a hole, in order to defend the honor of your allies, who are also dwarven, I can see how you might end up re-evaluating your decision-making paradigm.

• Like 7

just_alerting_you.jpg

The only explanation you need.

Can I do toes-to-bar instead of leg raises?  Those are more likely to work into my routines.  Plus I'd rather hang from the ceiling than lay on my back while kicking spiders.

• Like 3

Can I do toes-to-bar instead of leg raises?  Those are more likely to work into my routines.  Plus I'd rather hang from the ceiling than lay on my back while kicking spiders.

I suppose hanging leg raises or toes to bar are acceptable alternatives.  Straight leg only.

Thanks for letting me know the order in which things happened when I wasn't online, guys!  Whoever's in the spreadsheet when Shelob goes down, please take a screenshot for me. :D  I anticipate that with this crew, it won't take all week. ;)

• Like 2