• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Assassin Fellowship Mini #5: Survive Cirith Ungol

I figure keeping a few around the house helps with the other bugs.

Bugs generally fall into one of three categories:

Homies

Chillers

Haters

Homies are the bugs that you like, that do shit. Spiders are Homies. So are Dragonflies. They generally eat other bugs and are harmeless

Chillers are bugs that aren't terrible and will mostly ignore you if you ignore them. The ignoble ladybug for example.

Haters are those little shits you cannot stand. Mosquitos, ticks, fleas, lice etc.... bastards, every single one of them.....

• Like 8

I was an odd child, I think. One of the few memories from toddler-dom that I have, I would sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to the spiders crawling around the house. :lol: As an adult, I'm okay with spiders because I figure if they're in my home, I have bugs, and the spiders will eat the bugs for me since my cat is a lazy asshole who won't. (If I'm very lucky, he'll kill it, or almost kill it and then let it die a slow and painful death, but I'd still wind up having to dispose of it, sigh.) I only get freaked out about spiders if they look suspicious (aka- I don't know if they're poisonous/venomous or not) and my cat has taken a special interest in it.

But yes, spiders. If they're around, then that means there's food for them, and I want them to eat their food. :D

• Like 1

Bugs generally fall into one of three categories:

Homies

Chillers

Haters

Homies are the bugs that you like, that do shit. Spiders are Homies. So are Dragonflies. They generally eat other bugs and are harmeless

Chillers are bugs that aren't terrible and will mostly ignore you if you ignore them. The ignoble ladybug for example.

Haters are those little shits you cannot stand. Mosquitos, ticks, fleas, lice etc.... bastards, every single one of them.....

Ladybugs eat aphids, so if you have a garden they get classified as homies  :)

Spiders in my house will be taken outside unless they are of the brown recluse or black widow varieties.  Those are executed on sight.

• Like 2

Ladybugs eat aphids, so if you have a garden they get classified as homies   :)

My husband calls them "carnivorous death tanks." :)  Ladybugs (proper ones, not those evil Asian beetle pretenders) are awesome.

• Like 2

Spidy hunting season is officially closed!

The results:

• The Hobbits take the first prize for getting their quarters nearly spidy free. There will be little nuisance next year for them.
  • The Dwarves come in second with getting rid of almost half of the infestation. Next year they will have some work clearing out their quarters.
  • The Elves are third, and have put in about the same amount of work as the Dwarves, so they can join forces after next spring.
  • The Humans come in last with kiling only a few spidy's. They better get in favor with the hobbits so they get some help when the hatchlings have grown.

Thank you for all who participated! And don't forget, if you have missed the +1 DEX in the first part of this challenge, but did participate in the squashing you can still award it to yourself! 

• Like 2