I'll give it a shot.. 41 Y/o Nerd Reporting....

Morning Everyone!  I just found this site and think it is awesome... I have a lot of reading to do on how things work around here, but am very excited to get started.

My story?  I guess its not much different than everyone elses, was a very successful football player in high school, managed to get quite a few scholarship offers to Division A colleges, and the day before I left to go on my visit was in a car crash and tore rotator cuff, along with some other less serious damage.. Because of the torn cuff I could no longer lift heavy (and honestly back then I did not know much as I know now), and did not get a scholarship.  My Backup plan had always been the military, but it was the 90's and they were not accepting everyone that applied, and because of my 5-6 knee surgeries and my rotator cuff surgeries they would not accept me... So that blew up all my "Grown up" plans... To this day, I dont know why I just didn't rehab hard and go back the next year to get in college, but for some reason it never occured to me back then... at that time I was about 6'2 220lbs and very low bodyfat....

Fast foward 20 or so years, and I'm now 325lbs as of this morning... about 5 years ago I was 336 and decided I was going to lose weight, I basically ate 800-1000 calories a day and was running for 4-5 miles 5 days a week.  Obviously I could not sustain that, but managed to lose about 80lbs... Now I'm almost back to where I was....  I have decided to take this much slower, more healthy and not "Diet"...

I'm a big believer in Paleo, and have started counting portions and calories I eat all day (and how much water I drink, thats my crux, I hate drinking water!!)...

I know calories are secondary, but personally as a anal database administrator in the "real world" I like numbers, so it helps me....

Anyway, looking forward to lending what I have learned to the boards, and taking the journey again... I have spoke with my wife and I think she will be signing up here soon!  

Thanks for this place! Looks fun!

• Like 1