Looking for weight loss & low carb sidekick (interwebz or in CT)

Hey y'all,

I'm looking for anyone(s) to be an accountability bud for weight loss. I'm going low carb b/c that works for me. I live in central Connecticut (transplant) and would love to meet people here but emails, NF forums, whatever form of communication would be awesome, too.

LIttle about me: I'm looking to lose 100lbs long term, but focusing on just making progress every day on my diet. I'm 29, flirting with 30, and I dont want to go any longer this size or weight. I dont have health problems yet and I aim to keep it that way. I'm adding in walking for now, until I'm on a roll.

I love books and movies of nearly all genres (who doesn't?) INTJ, interested in talking about anything else as well. I live to travel so tell me your travel stories, too! I'm also very focused on body positivity. I may not be super happy where I am right now but my body has carried me through the last 3 decades and I love it for that in all its plus-sized glory. I'm hoping to focus on the good to achieve better, rather than berate myself (or others) for past failures. On ward and upward!

Drop me a line here or PM if you'd like to talk. :)

Cheers.x

Gypsy (Jess)

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

Hi! If you haven't already, the NF women's Facebook group is a good place to make a lot of friends and cheer each other on. There's a lot of inspiring then and now pics and they do fun things like flex Friday. Also I'm down to help in any way...never been an accountability bud before, but I can try. :)

First Challenge

Hellany: level 2 Doppelgänger assassin
STR 5 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 4 WIS 3 CHA 6

Hi! If you haven't already, the NF women's Facebook group is a good place to make a lot of friends and cheer each other on. There's a lot of inspiring then and now pics and they do fun things like flex Friday. Also I'm down to help in any way...never been an accountability bud before, but I can try. :)

Hellany, thanks for the tip. I'm definitly going to check out that forum. I start looking at one and get sucked into others. There are loads of topics I havent found yet.

Hey, I'm not a woman but I want to lose weight too, and I'm new here, so I could use some help! And I'm willing to help others iin the ways I can!

Stroker, I'm and equal opportunity memeber! Dudes or chicks all are welcome. I'd be up to support each other. Feel free to message me here if you want. I'll look up your posts and try to keep up with you :)

Holy carp! It sounds like it would be me to write that! I would LOVE to chat a bit! :D

Adrianne, sure, lets talk! Message me here if you want to move it off NF and I'll friend you and follow your blog(s)/posts. :) Also... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rWv20AgRpfQ/S7Fj30juVOI/AAAAAAAAD8A/GSd6s24MUyk/s1600/holy_carp.jpg

Thanks for the awesome replys every one. Talk soon! x

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

Hey! Ok, let's start! How do we start? My aim is to lose 25Kg or 55lbs (I think, I live in Brasil we use metric system...), so, how do we gonna track our weight and motivate ourselves? Monthly? Weekly? Daily?

But first things first: How I get one of those progress bars things??????? :D

Edit: I'm a complete newbie to forums in general... :shame:

• Like 1

StrokerMelo - Adventurer

STR: 0; DEX: 0; STA: 0; CON: 0; WIS: 0; CHA: 0.

0%
0%

OK, I made a public thread to share on as a group. Espeically if anyone watns to join us.

Adrianne, you're in Sweden. Stroker you're in Brazil, and I'm in the USA so I made this:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/72830-international-accountability-squad/

I hope that works, let me know if the link is bad.

And it's open for anyone else to join in at any time!

Sometimes_gypsy