International Accountability Squad

Hey y'all!

We three got in on my original thread about needing accountability so I made this thread for public discussion about anything to do with our weight loss goals and the journey to get there. 

I dont think we should limit ourselves to just talking here but it's a start where we can all come to talk about anything to do with our day: ups/downs, success at the gym or scale, maybe a slip up and get support for all of it! This will be the most public so we can get support from each other and anyone else who'd like to join.

I'll post more later, but this'll do to start.

'Merica in the house!

captain-americal.jpg

• Like 4

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

Hey, great idea!!

Let's motivate ourselves and others, I've never actively participate on forums, but this one I sure will, love it here! I was at work yesterday when I found out this wonderful place, and barely didn't work anymore, hahahaha, I'm sure that I'll make some good friends here!

Brasil in the house!

StrokerMelo - Adventurer

STR: 0; DEX: 0; STA: 0; CON: 0; WIS: 0; CHA: 0.

0%
0%

Hellany, the struggle is real. The colder it gets the harder and harder it is for me to drag myself out of bed. And work is...well, work. But points for a healthy brekkie. If I'm going to mess up a meal breakfast is so easy to not care and get something cheap, fast food, or sugar coated.

Hope you got home to your blankets again soon? Just crawling under mine for the night. I missed them today.

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

Welcome, Straya! Now we've got two hemispheres covered, we're on a roll! 

54510361.jpg

So I've been thinking a lot about my plan. Basically, I have to focus a lot on diet. Like everyone here says, you can't outrun your fork. Very true. But for my health, largely cardiac health, I'm working to add in easy exercise. I have no health problems right now but I'm creeping in on 30 and I want to keep it that way. There's a history of stroke, heart attack, and diabetes in my family. Do. Not Want!!! But I'm super out of shape so I'm just starting walking. 30-60 minutes minimum a day. I just got a Fitbit and I love it! It's really made me want to hit my step/distance/time goals and I can do it without flogging myself on a freaking treadmill in a gym. Treadmills are the work of the devil.

I guess what I'm a bit worried about is getting past the 3-4 week hurdle. I'm doing really well right now. The diet is easy and the exercise increase is also fine b/c it's new and fresh and I'm geared up. Ususally at the end of the third or fourth week I start getting discouraged. Water wieght might stop coming off, losses slow, I get tired of eating the same thing and just want pizza and a whole case of good beer. So I'm super happy now but it's really only been 3 days of solid commitment.

Anyone else have good ideas for powering past the first real self-discouraging hurdle? All I can think of is just doing it. Which lacks finesse but, ya know. What else do ya do? I'm hoping between this and my battle log (see my profile for the link) I'll have enough support or feel like i have to do it and keep up b/c all these people are watching. (thats you, fyi,) So, yeah....heres to hoping we all keep each other on track, longer, faster, better.

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

Hey all! 

This will an awesome thread. There will be mad LOLS, probably some crying and a little teath-gritting I belive. And it will be glorious. *completely positive about it*

On the other hand it doesn't really have to be so darn hard all the time. At least not if you plan ahead. It sounds boring as fudge but it does help, alot. At least for me. I tend to go off the path when I'm hungry and don't know what to eat at all. Then the suger-monster shows his ugly face and tells me that eating a whole bag of M&M and drinking 50 clk of cola is a realy good idea. And it isn't. Mostly due to the fact that I get serious feelings of guilt afterwards and it just isn't worth it. So I try to plan as much as I can. As my trainer said: "Failing to plan is planning to fail." And that stuck with me. I'm a nerd like that, I want to know what I do. 

So my biggest achievements today is the fact that I cleaned out our whole kitchen. Anything that isn't corresponding to my choise of diet (LCHF that is) went out into the bin. My pantry is rather empty now I must say. :P

~~Adrianne~~

Valkyria, Adventurer

Lvl: 3

STR:7    DEX:2    STA:6    CON:1    WIS:8   CHA:3

Wedding?! Yaas!

Challenge

So I posted the following in my battle log today. I'm X posting here b/c 1. I think it's part accountability, part support 2. I know I'm not the only person to ever feel like this. So both getting support and hopefully it'll support someone else when they feel a bit down

********************************************************************************

So a few things going on today. I gave in and weighed this morning. And I'm sad to say it hasn't budged an inch in days. I know that's not terrible but the first full week of effort, especially with the caloric deficit I've had all week of 8K calories total, I really hoped I'd see a lb or two down. So that bummed me out. After I finished cursing the scale and flipping it off, I went to pop into the shower. On the way I grabbed my measuring tape on a whim.... I'm down half an inch on my waist after this, the 7th day of diet/exercise.

Now. I know I should be quite pleased. The scale doesn't tell you everything, includes bone and organs, etc. Size is almost if not more important than that number. But I just. wanted. to see. something. LOWER! Gah. So now I'm fighting the voices in my head. The cynical, fed up voice says: well what did you expect, you ate food this week. Any food. You should stop eating all together, idiot. The small, intelligent voice said: but you lost 1/2 an inch! That's progress. Trust the system, trust the process. You know it works, give it time. Didn't come on over night, won't leave over night. And the wailing 3 year old in my head screams: I've been dieting for a week! Why aren't I skinny yet!?

So basically I was a bit (irrationally) mad at myself all morning. But then I did my makeup, have good hair, and a great *and* comfy outfit on. So I feel a bit better now. Or at least sane.

Move on positively, leave the anxiety and impatience behind. Just for today. I'm not giving up. I'm not giving myself permission to eat a whole pizza b/c I didn't see a number drop. I'm just not. Today will go on as yesterday did, which was a good day. I hit all goals except one. I missed total distance by 0.3 miles. I'm going to make all the goals again today *and* do the 0.3 miles to hit the distance as well. I've got good food ready to go. And I look cute today. It's going to be a good day.

Like my love, Frank Turner says, "At this truth we have arrived, God damn, its great to be alive!"

**********************************************************************************************************

I hope everyone is hanging in there today and doing well, feeling fine. Keep going, y'all. We got this. We deserve to feel good, our bodies deserve good treatment. :)

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

Oh I do know all to well about those pesky voices in your head. Not saying i ACTUALLY have voices in my head, but you know. That things aren't moving along fast enough, that I'm not doing enough, that I'm just too stupid to get this together. But just as you say - didn't come overnight, won't go overnight. And now adays I do know that being on a calorie deficit (like I used to do before when I would eat like one banana in a day...clever me...not >_<') will just harm me more. The more I eat of real food, the more I listen to when my body tells me to eat and when to stop and the more I try tp stay as clean in my diet as possible it will work out. And that eating doesn't have to mean bindging or starving, it can actually mean eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm not. So, you know, the struggle is real. But we got this! Good on you for not listening to those pesky nay-sayers! :D

Just for the sake of sharing I will say that I am making progress. Besides being sick as a dog I'm still making good progress in my relationshit with food. The therapist I'm seeing at the moment is fantastic and he is helping me find ways to validate my feeling besides with food. I have some abandonment-issues that I'm working through at the moment and the easy way for me to deal with any kind of emotion before was by eating. Sad? I would have cake. Happy? Let's have a bar och chocolate to celibrate! Anxious? Calm down with some cola. The list just goes on and on and on. But together with my therapist I'm working out ways to do those kind of things without food. Today I was feeling sad but instead of doing like I always do and go through the entire kitchen looking for something sweet (which isn't there anymore btw) I cuddeled with my cats. It helped alot. And that, for me, is huge. I need to get a healthier relationship with food before I can see som e real changes I belive. But I did it! Hooray!

Keep doing it and keep working on it, we got this pepps!

• Like 1

~~Adrianne~~

Valkyria, Adventurer

Wedding?! Yaas!

Challenge

I'm another Aussie and am Just finishing up the last week of my first challenge, but I am trying to get a bit more consistent on here and keep the motivation going, so hope there is room for another!!! 078a2baadbcaca47376e2b5f742d3a00.jpg

• Like 2

Current Challenge = http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/71171-missvague-joins-the-rebellion/?p1655569

'Don't fear failure... in great attempts it is glorious even to fail'  - Bruce Lee

Welcome Miss Vague! Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Congrats on the first challenge. I haven't done one yet. I'd like to in the next few months but that's a lot of change. I have to get my small changes to go from changes to just lifestyle habits first.

Let us know if there's anything specific we can do. Do you have a battle log?

Also, why does Australia try to kill everyone in it? Questions for the Aussie Travel Board...

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

A small update - WOHO THIS IS WORKING! :D

I got on the scale this morning and apperantly I have lost 5,4 kg in the last two months, and that is about 11 pounds I belive? I might be off on this so bear with me here. :) I feel great when it comes to making a decision about this. I spent the last four days at home, sick as a dog. I used the last day to actually plan the coming week when it comes down to food and it feels great. Planning is key for me so that is what I need to do.

About a battle-log I will make on for the next challenge I think. I need to get my head around what it is I want to achieve in the coming 6 weeks and aim for that. And the problem is also to not go too much overboard. And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the hard part. Not doing too much too fast. But hey, I think I got it this time! ;)

~~Adrianne~~

Valkyria, Adventurer

Wedding?! Yaas!

Challenge

Congrats Adrianne [emoji323][emoji322][emoji324] I eased into this challenge and it worked well, I was the same didn't want to take on too much at once plus I had my tonsils out so I wanted to make sure I stayed with it through that. I very rarely weigh myself as I just have these negative views stuck in my head about certain weights, I measure instead as I don't have that thought that that's a 'bad' measurement so I feel a bit better about myself as it goes down even if it's still a bit off from where I want to be.

Sometimes_gypsy thanks not sure about what the whole deadliness deal with wildlife I could get technical with my theories but I shall restrain myself, basically I found last challenge I didn't really update as much and didn't get super involved with it all so this is the first step towards that.

Current Challenge = http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/71171-missvague-joins-the-rebellion/?p1655569

'Don't fear failure... in great attempts it is glorious even to fail'  - Bruce Lee

Oooh and you guys can say no but maybe we could think of one thing (fitness or otherwise) we want to work towards over a month, like doing a certain number of burpees, or do a cull of clothes, big clean of the house or just survive exams. That last one might be me, though that's the aim regardless [emoji30][emoji120], but then again for those doing the challenges that might be taking on too much???

A small update - WOHO THIS IS WORKING! :D

I got on the scale this morning and apperantly I have lost 5,4 kg in the last two months, and that is about 11 pounds I belive? I might be off on this so bear with me here. :) I feel great when it comes to making a decision about this. I spent the last four days at home, sick as a dog. I used the last day to actually plan the coming week when it comes down to food and it feels great. Planning is key for me so that is what I need to do.

Adrianne, that. is. AWESOME!!!! Congrats! Yeah, thats 11.6 lbs. Feels good right? Way to get your results going :):victorious:

Planning is totally the way to go. It really helps keep on track and reduces stress of racing around trying to find proper food for lunch/dinner etc.

Oooh and you guys can say no but maybe we could think of one thing (fitness or otherwise) we want to work towards over a month, like doing a certain number of burpees, or do a cull of clothes, big clean of the house or just survive exams. That last one might be me, though that's the aim regardless [emoji30][emoji120], but then again for those doing the challenges that might be taking on too much???

I'd be up for a small squad challenge. I really only walk right now so I guess mine would be do 120 miles in the month of November. That averages to 4 miles a day. It allows me a few days off if I need it to rest, but is also work b/c if I don't force myself to get out and move I'll only average 2-2.5 miles/day in regular around the house/office movement.

Sometimes_gypsy

Mine would be to plan out my study time and stick to it, making sure my phone is not in easy reach!! That's only until mid November so I'll have a think for goal for the rest of the month, maybe do a final organisation of my new place, everything is unpacked but some of it still doesn't really have places they are kind of just fitted into my bookcase or the spare cupboard.

Well this thread rapidly died.

Anyone still around? How is everyone doing?

I was doing great until Thanksgiving. Shocker. But I'm back at it again today. Thought I'd check in and see how everyone is faring through the holiday season. Hope you're all well.

Sometimes_gypsy

Haha it did didn't it [emoji15], and welcome fitnessgurl, I've been ok got a bit off track with exams and then stress eating a bit dealing with the burns cases from the fires which isn't much fun. But I did quite well in my exams so that's a positive, and I'm slowly getting back into it, just need to get out of the habit of grazing whenever I go into the office, there is just so much food!!! And none of it healthy

• Like 1