Teaching kids meditation

So on the car ride home yesterday my soon to be 5 year old asked my why I wasn't paying attention to her.  I told her that I was driving and that sometimes my brain has tons of things going through it and I don't hear everything around me.  I've had ADD my whole life but I choose not to medicate because I felt the meds slowed down my thought process too much.  

She then asked me, "How do you turn your brain off?  Mine  is always going, sometimes it even feels like its going nuts and all over."  I laughed and apologized to her and said, "Heredity sucks.  That's exactly what daddy's brain does and you just have to learn how to focus on what you are doing and tune out the distraction."  I told her how I look at it as a gift because we can run through dozens of scenarios and outcomes and come up with all sorts of ways to improve things, its like a super power but you have to learn to control it.  Of course her next question was, "How do I control it and become a superhero like you?"  Melted my heart :love_heart: 

Has any of you tried to teach younger kids meditation?  Just stick with breathing exercises to teach the concept?

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 5 CON: 4  WIS: 7 CHA: 5

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Reduce Body weight from 230lbs to 180lbs (lose 50 lbs) Currently 214lbs

32%
32%

You might give the kid something to play with, such as "worry beads" or one of those shake bottles with glitter in it.  Breathing is good, but might be too abstract for a six-year-old.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.