Surgery.... recovering... Now to respawn. Feels like I'm starting over.

Heyla guys!!

I missed you!!!  A LOT!  

Had surgery on my herniated L4-5 disk in June.  After 9 months of pain and 4 months of a long hard recovery I feel like I am ready to get back to it hard now.  I have been slowly introducing more and more to my daily workouts and have learned a lot about how what my body wants to do right now.  AND learned that I have lost SO MUCH ground.

I have gained around 50-60lb back....  

I have lost flexibility especially in my back and legs

I have lost strength in my back and legs

I have lost endurance with everything.

I still have to be careful with high impact moves like jumping and running

I am sucking hard at eating right.  Fallen back into bad habits of portion size and junk food

I am having a hard time getting my butt back in gear

Medical bills having me strait up freaking out.

STRESS  

Boooooo

OK!!  Now that the blah blah boo hoo session is over time to talk about the good stuff I have learned!

I have lost that much weight and more before.  I CAN DO IT AGAIN!

I started this journey not being able to touch my toes.  I can do that now AND will do it with proper form now.

My strength is far better than when I first started this journey.  It will build up again.

When I started this fitness journey I could barley walk a couple blocks before being winded.  I am far beyond that now.  I miss running but will love that I am able to walk w/o back pain.

I am thankful I can workout now.  For too long I couldn't do much of anything without detrimental pain. I am happy for what I can do.

I have learned so many lessons about how to eat.  It is time to get back to the basics.  No fancy menus with macros just going back to what NOT to eat.  The rest will come.

I had been forced by my body not to workout for months.  I can now and I WILL!

Money will work it self out.  Plans are in the beginning stages and we just need to hold on until we can get more stable.

Stress will come and go.  How I deal with it is up to me.  I can let it eat me alive or help drive me forward.  

Time to fall back to home base and respawn.  I have lost a lot of levels but I'm ready to gain them back and more!

post-33714-0-56167800-1445266081_thumb.j

Level 4 Demon/Assassin

We Can't All Be The Hero.

STR:6  DEX:7 STA:8  CON:5  WIS:8 CHA:2

"No power in the 'verse can stop me." River

5 months ago tomorrrow, I snapped both tibia and fibula in my left leg. I started walking about a month and a half ago, and ran my first mile yesterday aftera few few failed attempts at running short distances.. pain, bad limp, etc. Finally felt good enougg, snagged a time of 8.34 mins/mi.

Progress is the best. You'll get there.

Recovering from snapped tibia/fibula.

05/22/15.

This week has been just ok....  Too many excuses.  This weekend I will have time to food prep and the excuses for a quick easy meal will be gone.  AND the airsoft stuff will be removed from the front room.  HELL OR HIGH WATER.  I can't let his junk be an excuses not to workout.  It's not exceptable.  There will be a fight but my health will be worth it. 

I admire your attitude.  I'm a newbie and read something interesting this morning, that should encourage you: it apparently is easier to regain strength once you've had it than to get it in the first place.

Good luck with your journey!!

Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I hope it is true.  I have a long way to go.  How are you progressing?  Feeling good?

5 months ago tomorrrow, I snapped both tibia and fibula in my left leg. I started walking about a month and a half ago, and ran my first mile yesterday aftera few few failed attempts at running short distances.. pain, bad limp, etc. Finally felt good enougg, snagged a time of 8.34 mins/mi.

Progress is the best. You'll get there.

Slow and steady right?  Thank you so much for the encouragement.  You will do amazing as well.  Stay strong.  

Level 4 Demon/Assassin

We Can't All Be The Hero.

STR:6  DEX:7 STA:8  CON:5  WIS:8 CHA:2

"No power in the 'verse can stop me." River