Howdy all.

I'm Len, a 33 year-old CPA from Maine who (as far as I can see on this introduction page) the reigning "Oldest School" nerd on the forum. My 'nerdery' started as 4 year old at the corner store when I had to turn the milk crates over to stand on in order to reach the joystick for the Pac-Man machine. It was all downhill from their.

Now, years later I'm married, have two awesome little daughters (Bree & Izzy), a nice house, a great job (I'm a CPA and currently work as a Controller), and a gut. I'm pretty having with everything except the gut.... To give you a baseline, I'm 6'0" and 250lbs. Not horrible, but so great either.

So, I've been leading a sedentary lifestyle way too long and it's catching up to me. My father and mother's mother both had Type 2 diabetes that came about from the weight--so I know that's in my future if I don't do something about it. At the moment I do have 'elevated' blood pressure (the 140/100 range) which I never used to have....

So, my "goal" is to do the Basic Body Weight Circuit and some interval training 6 days a week for a month and see what happens. Have to do the workout in the morning....otherwise it just won't happen at night. I know right away I won't be perfect with the routine...but let's see what I can do. Part of the problem is 'diet', but I think the major problem is I'm just not moving around enough.

So, I did try the Basic Body Weight Circuit. I looked at the description and said to myself "That's tit...I should be able to do that no problem...." Many times I forget I'm not still 18 and active....this was one of them. Two times around the circuit and I was lying on the floor....the squats and lunges beat the hell out of me and left me sore for two full days (yeah...sad I know...). Let me put it this way, later that night after I did that workout, I'm sitting on the toliet and my wife heres me grunting away....

Wife: "What the hell??? Are you constipated or something?"

Me: "No....I'm just trying to stand back up....."

Yeah...I think I'll try the routine tomorrow morning now that I can walk right again...

Howdy all.

I'm Len, a 33 year-old CPA from Maine who (as far as I can see on this introduction page) the reigning "Oldest School" nerd on the forum. My 'nerdery' started as 4 year old at the corner store when I had to turn the milk crates over to stand on in order to reach the joystick for the Pac-Man machine. It was all downhill from their.

Now, years later I'm married, have two awesome little daughters (Bree & Izzy), a nice house, a great job (I'm a CPA and currently work as a Controller), and a gut. I'm pretty having with everything except the gut.... To give you a baseline, I'm 6'0" and 250lbs. Not horrible, but so great either.

So, I've been leading a sedentary lifestyle way too long and it's catching up to me. My father and mother's mother both had Type 2 diabetes that came about from the weight--so I know that's in my future if I don't do something about it. At the moment I do have 'elevated' blood pressure (the 140/100 range) which I never used to have....

So, my "goal" is to do the Basic Body Weight Circuit and some interval training 6 days a week for a month and see what happens. Have to do the workout in the morning....otherwise it just won't happen at night. I know right away I won't be perfect with the routine...but let's see what I can do. Part of the problem is 'diet', but I think the major problem is I'm just not moving around enough.

So, I did try the Basic Body Weight Circuit. I looked at the description and said to myself "That's tit...I should be able to do that no problem...." Many times I forget I'm not still 18 and active....this was one of them. Two times around the circuit and I was lying on the floor....the squats and lunges beat the hell out of me and left me sore for two full days (yeah...sad I know...). Let me put it this way, later that night after I did that workout, I'm sitting on the toliet and my wife heres me grunting away....

Wife: "What the hell??? Are you constipated or something?"

Me: "No....I'm just trying to stand back up....."

Yeah...I think I'll try the routine tomorrow morning now that I can walk right again...

Welcome Len!

Don't take this the wrong way, but looking at your picture, you are a beautiful man.

Also, your story about you on the toilet is freaking awesome. hahahahahaha

Glad to hear I could help make your wife think that you're constipated.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.