Respawning after nearly a year of failure

It all started when my son went to the hospital last November and spent Thanksgiving in the psych ward.  Life quickly went crazy.  And then . . . well, then I went crazy too.  I struggle with major depression, ptsd, and bipolar disorder.  I am in a really bad place, and the only way to pull out of it is with support.  Part of moving towards recover is to get physically active.  Move.  Feel better.

So while a lot of folks join this place for weight loss or whatever, me, I just want to feel better.  Sure, losing weight will help.  But so will just plain and simple taking care of myself.

Can I do it?  Sometimes I really don't know.  But I want to.  I really do.

• Like 1

A year from now, you may wish you had started today.

Hi jody! So good that you want to engage in physical activity. Sometimes it's tiring finding what you enjoy, but it is worth the trouble. You can try free classes of anything you can think of and then evaluating which ones you liked :)

For example, dancing, boxing, yoga, some martial art, skating, the choices are endless!

Best of luck on your journey to well being, I really hope you the best 

Amount of what you have to give in order to succeed.

The Adventure Awaits...

Instagram

"and the only way to pull out of it is with support."

I am sorry for all your family trouble and glad you want to get back on track.

But part of your getting better is the realization that you can get better. Yourself.  With the help of others such as medical help to determine if you need medication to help feel better, as some depression etc. can be physiological, and of course with your community cheering you on.  But the captain of your ship is you.

You can do it.

• Like 1

You can do it. I can relate to the struggle. It can be tremendously tough. It takes a lot of courage to work with multiple challenges. Part of being human means that we fall off track from time to time, I think you can get right back up. And I encourage and support your journey. 

You are also right about wanting to take care of yourself and feeling better. The better self-care, the more of likelihood you can start to feel better.

Please don't give up! I am pulling for you. PM if you would like.

• Like 1

That DOES sound crazy. But I think you can do it, and I think that you're right that getting physically active will help. Getting outside and doing some exercise has helped me in the past. When depression is hitting me hard that sometimes just takes the form of "shuffled around outside for half an hour," but even that usually helps a little. And it's a nice way to get some alone time when you need it.

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Well, obviously I haven't done so well.  I never get on this website.  I never work on it, either.  I've gotten fatter by about 25 pounds on top of it.  I have very limited mobility.  I have no idea what I can do for myself when I struggle so much with depression that I can't seem to make myself care most days.  I only know that it's all getting worse instead of better, because I suck.

I like what Lalie said, that sometimes exercise takes the form of shuffling around outside for half an hour.  That's good.

I don't need any more alone time, I'm basiclly a shut in.  Not by choice, really.  I don't have a car.  I guess it's my choice to stay fat and immobile though.  I guess I'm choosing to stay stuck by not moving.  I suppose that's true.

I'm not sure what to do next.

Can I respawn again?

Am I resurrected?  I need to have a clean slate and start over.

Diet

• Drop the iced coffee for more water.
  • Eat a vegetable with one meal every day, even if it's only canned.  Canned is better than nothing.

Fitness

• Walk every day (5 minutes), even if just marching in place.
  • Take Rowdy to the dog park, and throw the ball around for him, once a week.

Level Up Your Life

• Reach out to a friend every day, even if it is only via text.  If that friend doesn't respond, try someone else.  Find someone to connect with for just a short conversation.  Don't isolate!

I guess I'll start a new challenge.  Join a board.  Add this forum to my sticky pins so that I visit it more.  Maybe that will help.  I'm trying not to give up on myself.

• Like 1

Can I respawn again?

Diet

• Eat a vegetable with one meal every day, even if it's only canned.  Canned is better than nothing.

Fitness

Level Up Your Life

• Reach out to a friend every day, even if it is only via text.  If that friend doesn't respond, try someone else.  Find someone to connect with for just a short conversation.  Don't isolate!

I guess I'll start a new challenge.  Join a board.  Add this forum to my sticky pins so that I visit it more.  Maybe that will help.  I'm trying not to give up on myself.

INFINITE RESPAWNS FOR EVERYONE <3

It sometimes takes a long time to get started. It's not about how many times it didn't work out and you fell, it's about making the number of times you get up more than the number of times you fall. 

Your challenge sounds super great for a start! Simple, easy steps to turn into habits that can help you work through things. 

You're always welcome to reach out to me if you have questions or need help. I'd be glad to assist :)

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Can I respawn again?

Diet

You've got this Jodi! We're here to support you! Following.

Fitness

Level Up Your Life

You've got this jodi!! We're here for you.

I'm following your journey now.

• Like 1

All my stats & logs are over @ http://fitgame.online/