I am QRG!  Or Mary.  Either way.  I'm currently deep in the throws of a Supernatural re-watch so my battle will be to train me for "saving people, hunting things".   Really, I'm just a chick who loves horror, supernatural, superheroes, and knitting.  I could just as well be a slayer in training, but Buffy is waiting for its re-watch turn.  

3b6d62149662441071da57c1d2943e25.jpgimpala.jpgtumblr_mx1lhgak3B1r80huro4_500.gif

I've worked in various offices for most of my life, starting with folding pamphlets and babysitting for my dad's church as a kid, followed by market research, insurance, and trucking.  Being an office monkey is good for me since I kind of enjoy getting lost in paperwork, forms and organization.  But its bad for my body.  Also, I'm no longer a weird little nerdy punk rocker grrrl.  I sit to knit and watch tv. And I'm not running all over town visiting friends and going to shows.  Adulting is hard all over.
tumblr_mwcda44wqk1qdcaeco2_500.gif

So, here is where I'm sort of starting (sort of because I've been an NF member for a year now, but I've only done 2 challenges counting the current):

Spoiler

Measurements in inches:

Neck - 14.5

Chest - 48

Bicep - L:14.5 ~ R:14.5

Waist - 42.25

Hips - 53.25

Thigh - L:29.5 ~ R:31

Calf - L:20.25 ~ R:20.5

That was a couple weeks ago.  I'll update after the next challenge or during it sometime.  No pictures yet.  I took some, I just really don't feel like sharing right now.

the-road-so-far.gifPie_zps0be783da.gif

So, I've been working on my food.  I love baking, but I've been spreading out to making more salads (which I also love) and experimenting with other dishes more centered around veggies.  I love veggies.  But I still get asked to bake a lot, so I just make sure its clear the leftovers are not coming home with me.  My boyfriend Mike is adjusting to there being more vegetables than chip in the house.  He's doing ok so far.  But he still brings in his own and eats out a lot.  Which is cool.. This is my thing, he is only required to participate if he wants to keep eating the food I cook and keep around.  Unless he's buying chocolate or pizza. Then I have to fight it.

I've started running.  I love it, even if I'm not very good yet.  I did track in junior high, but I hadn't run since.  I just love how I feel afterwards on a run day.  Aside from the stiffness, I mean.  I have more energy and I just am in a much better mood on run days.  I feel like I have more patience.  

My best mile so far is 16:11

dc2bcbf75bcadd6458ac4d2316371a79.jpg

I'm trying to do yoga more and meditate, but those have not been my main focus.  I do need to make yoga more primary, though.  I miss my old flexibility and I am definitely stiff and in need of yoga after a run.  

supernatural-the-best-quotes-from-dean-s

I'm also starting to lift.  This is quite recent.  I had been doing bodyweight workouts and that was great, but I am in love with the bar.  Right now I'm only lifting the bar, but I plan to get a schedule set up to start really strength training for the next challenge.  A hunter has to be strong to fight.

Those are the basics.  With some side quests along the way.  Here are links to my challenges:

The Adventure Begins

QRG vs the Army of Darkness

QRG Apocalypse Preparation

QRG Does Stuff.  And Things.

QRG - No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Me

QRG - Five by Five

Now let's do this.

tumblr_inline_nnkevxvHov1t894ak_500.gif

• Like 1

This QRG vs Army of Darkness Challenge is almost over!  I'm excited.  I did pretty good.  I missed one whole week of running and I missed a few strength days.  But I think even though it feels busier in the coming weeks, I'll get a schedule more worked out.  Helps to have friends to do lifting and running with for sure. HedgeMage has been a rock star helping me get in to lifting.

4616307119.jpg

I spur of the moment awhile ago signed up for a GoRuck event in my town next year.  I've never rucked before, but I do good with goals to work towards, especially when what little money I have is invested in it.  That's pretty motivational for me.  So i signed up with their anniversary discount code then used the participation discount code to get a rucking plate.  I have since gathered a bag, water skin, compass and safety strap.  I'm planning to work rucking into my next challenge and just work it up from there.  But I want to make lifting my main focus for this next one.  I want to make sure I've got time to really get the movements and form down asap.  

We'll see what happens form there.

For now, here is my new workout shirt to celebrate successful completion of this challenge!  Hoping to break it in Sunday with a run and maybe a lift as well.

Hi QRG. I love your theme and the music selection rule!!

Glad you're here. I don't think 'just' belongs in any challenge definition. :playful:  lol You work hard for yourself and that is worth every bit of credit you put into it. Be proud and rule your universe!

The very best of luck to you, Rebel.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Hi QRG. I love your theme and the music selection rule!!

Glad you're here. I don't think 'just' belongs in any challenge definition. :playful:  lol You work hard for yourself and that is worth every bit of credit you put into it. Be proud and rule your universe!

The very best of luck to you, Rebel.

Thank you for the welcome!  

So, wrap up list for the last challenge:

Running 2x per week - 10/12

83.3%
83.3%

Weights 3x per week - 13/18

72.2%
72.2%

Veggies 2x per day 5 days - 60/60 +2

100%
100%

Me Time 3x per week - 18/18

100%
100%

*Each side quest completed can count as 1 point towards a second reward shirt.

_X_ 30 day Squat Challenge (start 9/7) Just barely.  This last week did not want to squat but got it done.

_X_ Personal trainer visit for lifting education

_X_ Yoga.  Any chance I get.

__ Put new paleo recipes in a book.  Very far away from other recipes to reduce temptation

__ Payoff $800 of debt (700/800)

__ Work on sweater.  And blanket.  And other blanket.  Or they will never end.

__ Research archery classes nearby

_X_ Do homework before playing Don't Starve.  Seriously.  Don't even turn on the TV.

__Halloween costuming.

_X_ Make a Battle Log

Ranger Mini Quests:

__Endurance Feat - Run for 10 minutes straight

_X_Strength Feat - 3 not modified push ups

_X_Speed Feat - Set time for one mile and beat it by one minute.  Runkeeper says my best mile so far is 16:27 - 16:11

_X_Combat Feat - Do yoga 2x per week

_X_Healing Feat - take extra items to various donation locations

Not bad. And I'm looking forward to putting together the next!

Ran last night, but my hip is super tight and I was way slow.  I haven't had time to foam roll yet, but I'm planning on doing some tonight after work before going to the gym.  HedgeMage is helping me get my 1 rep maximums so I can set up a good lifting schedule for next challenge.  Other than that and a personal trainer consultation Wednesday, this week is all about stretching for me.  Stretch everything everyday if I can.  My knee is also a little crunchy.  I need to be nice to it this week as well.  

Gotta take care of those knees.

Dean%20Leg%20Guitar.gif

• Like 2

Found you! :D

Hey!

tumblr_mgrafliDRU1rkfvjso1_250.gif

Planning on starting my own Battle Log and happened to see yours when I was going through others for starting ideas and such (I'm so bad at intros/openings).

Sub'd :)

HEY!!!!

giphy.gifwXgzt6P.gif

• Like 1

Week zero! of the new challenge.  That came fast :)  It hard to keep up on threads right now, but there is just so much awesome.  Mine is linked in the beginning, but here as well:

QRG Apoc Prep

So, in preparation for beginning my hunters training, HedgeMage is helping me get my one rep maximums so I will have my training plan all ready to go once the challenge officially begins.  Last night was dead lift (160) and overhead press (55).  And either Wednesday or Friday I'll get squat and bench.  

Also, my first lifting callus has beGUN!  So happy.

tumblr_static_happy_dean.gif

• Like 1

OK, Maximums tested!  I'm hoping I did it properly.  I'm sure I maxed my bench but I'm not as certain on the squat.  But I'm ok with it even if its not because I know I still need more practice with form.  I'm doing one set of just the bar to warm up before adding weight for awhile.

Overhead Press: 55lbs

Deadlift:  160lbs

Bench: 80lbs

Squat: 100lbs

Just found these battle logs (Been a lazy academy member)- you are doing awesome! That is a hard core dead lift and squat! way to go :)

Thanks!  And hi! :)

I think lifting is my new favorite thing ever right now.

• Like 1

gif-jared-padalecki-sam-winchester-super

OK, QRG vs the Apocalypse complete!  Not really fully completed, but passed.  And I'm ready to try something new.  Here are the results.  And I'm hoping to get a friend over to do measurements sometime this week to update that.  

Run/Ruck - 3/6

50%
50%

Lifting - 20/24

83.3%
83.3%

Meditation & Yoga - 15/18

83.3%
83.3%

Healthy Eating - 33/42

78.6%
78.6%

_X_Check out archery classes nearby

_X_ Look into some kind of fighting education

_X_Knit all the things! (_X_socks, _X_toys for holiday gifts, _X_blanket, __browncoat, _X_running gear, _X_shawl)

_X_ Pay off 800 debt (800/800)

__ Paleo/healthy recipes into their own book/s

__ Plan ahead for food on lazy days to avoid the pizza problem

_X_Homework!  Before zombies.

Ranger Mini-Quests

_X_ Move Around - Yoga'd all over the office

_X_Stealth -  Startled the boss.  Twice.

_X_ Hobbies/Skills - Knitting!  Complete Rangers Helper

_X_ Competencies - umm... Knitting toys

_X_   Appreciation - You guys kick ass!

__ Nature

Homework and studying kind of absorbed every moment of this last week, so I ended up behind on several things.  Still passing, just not in the super shiny kick ass ranger way that I'd like to have crushed it.  I can't express how glad I am to be just about finished with this semester and this week specifically.  This week was a beast.  

• Like 1

Next!  How The Rangers Saved Christmas!

tumblr_nh4h622Ohv1txbexko1_250.gif

I'm going to track it here, because, Supernatural.  

I'm just guessing we have 4 weeks until the next challenge, so I'll set up my math like that.

1:  I am going to shoot for minimum 2 lifts per week and 2 run/rucks.  More is good, but travel might get in the way.  Uncertain yet.  But as long as I get in 4 things each week, I'll be ok with that.  

2:  I want to focus on eating more vegetables.  Lots more vegetables.  And having a good breakfast everyday.  So for this I'll get 3 points a day, one for each meal.  

3: This one I'll track as it happens, but not really any goal in mind.  Just extra goodness, so it'll always be at 100% for holiday feel goodz.  I'm planning to ruck while walking with family, lift once with one of my brothers, yoga for myself as much as I can, and see about setting up a Just Dance drinking night at some point in there.  Because, yes.  

• Like 1

tumblr_ml87q0tkrp1re3x32o1_.gif

Yay! You did so well, even if you weren't able to complete everything to it's fullest. This last week had been really tough, but you did swimmingly!!

I can't wait to see how everything goes for the Ranger Holiday Mini!!

(I finally got my yarn in yesterday, so I'm working on that too!!)

• Like 1

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Current Challenge: RuthixCube trains for a 5k - pt 1

Previous: Reboot12

"I am Iron and I forge myself."

tumblr_ml87q0tkrp1re3x32o1_.gif

Yay! You did so well, even if you weren't able to complete everything to it's fullest. This last week had been really tough, but you did swimmingly!!

I can't wait to see how everything goes for the Ranger Holiday Mini!!

(I finally got my yarn in yesterday, so I'm working on that too!!)

Thank you :)  Yep, finals being finished and passed has me definitely feeling all:

tumblr_lln90ab1aj1qaowel.gif

• Like 1

tumblr_menergHoYq1rstq9ro3_r1_250.gif

So, food points for veggies and breakfast, but no workouts so far.  Monday night I did laundry, last night I completed my last final and then used my energy to clean the kitchen and living room.  They were desperately in need of it.  Mike had 3 trash bags to carry out on his way to work last night.  I didn't get to sleep until pretty late.  I think I'll melatonin it again tonight to make sure I get good rest.  Then tomorrow I'm undecided on what I'll do in the morning, but I'll lift with HM after work.  

But I did get my ranger holiday gift in the mail!  I don't have any mugs without handles, so the hug mug is holding my Cthulhu water bottle.  Cthulhu needs hugs too.  

12359993_1080919631942177_19931329572240

And Ruthix, I've got your started too!  We'll have them soon :)

• Like 2

tumblr_inline_nqxcatITOq1s9lgwy_500.gif

2/3 food points yesterday.  Lunch was vegetable-less and from the freezer.  Also, no workouts.  I knit last night (Just a little left to do, Ruthix!) and hung out with a friend.  It was nice.  Tonight is lifting with HedgeMage.  

I'm just having a hard time getting back to my 5AM workout schedule.  I need to work on it.  I did sleep last night with a melatonin.  I just didn't wake up on time this morning.  I need to get up tomorrow and lift again I think.  I'll get it figured out again. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Lifting was cancelled last night, planning to go with HM Friday instead.  I gave myself a point for Family Fun Time because I ended up wrapping gifts and hanging out with my Mom.  Got food points for yesterday.  And then I freaking slept in again today.  I did some yoga but no gym time.  I am adjusting my goals so that yoga counts towards a weekly thing. I don't want to beat myself up, but I need to fix this sleeping situation.  So my main goal for this week now is just to get to sleep early (not just bed, SLEEP) and get up at 5, whether its to lift or yoga.  As long as I'm up and doing something.

And now back to another stupidly frustrating day in trucking......

• Like 1

I'll work on it.  When its just work and working out, I usually get my schedule fixed and I'm good to wake up and get to sleep early.  My body will just do it.  When I added school back in after so many years of none, it took some adjustments (especially as that was right around when I started working out).  And now I'm ok until finals week.  Now I've got to totally re-adjust.  I know I will get back there, I just miss feeling all good after a lift or run in the morning.  I love that feeling.

For now, I'll work on the wake up and do something, no matter what that something is.  And once I'm good with that, I'll get more strict with my morning workouts.  I do have a Saturday morning run planned with my running buddy.  We haven't run in weeks, so it should be good and exhausting! :)

• Like 1

tumblr_nh1npyi6wZ1tgwu6qo3_250.gif

Food points.  And a family fun time.  Took mom to dinner then we did some random shopping last night.  I got up this morning and did some stretching and planking, no official yoga session though, so I'm not pointing that.  Should be lifting tonight with HM then running with my buddy tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

tumblr_ngqry50pZd1u01bbmo4_250.gif

Food points this weekend for all meals.  I'll have to add snacking into my next challenge, because I only snacked good half the time.  I also ran this weekend (it's been like 2 months, so we walked a lot of it).  That was fun.  I miss running outside with my buddy.  And I did another yoga session.  No lifting though.  I spent most of the weekend getting things ready for travels and christmas.  

I went to sleep normal last night, but I just kept waking up over and over all night long.  I was still exhausted this morning and ended up sleeping a little bit more instead of lifting.  Tonight I'm doing laundry with mom.  But I really want to lift, so I'll just make sure I get some in this week, even if I'm liftin after presents on Christmas.  That's why I love the 24/7 gym keycard.

Mike took me to get hiking shoes.  They're not as pretty as I'd like color wise, but they didn't have the ones I liked in my size.  Went ahead for another color since they were on sale.  And they're just going to be on my feet.  They don't need to be pretty to get used.

• Like 1

tumblr_inline_nqq7np4ulF1toe4wo_540.gif

Ugh, somehow I'm just having a really hard time with the waking up thing right now.  I got some yoga in, but no lifting again.  I think I'll lift right after work tonight, then wrap presents and make sure everyone has one.  

I got food points for yesterday. And I have been doing some cook ahead planning.  I've got 2 containers of chicken veggie soup in the freezer, as well as a container of chili and a beef roast for another day.  I have all the stuff to try out spaghetti squash in a spaghetti dish this week.  Just have to make the time to do it.  Mike is excited because spaghetti is one of his favorite things to eat and since I'm all anti-pasta lately, he's been lacking.  He is deeply questioning my spaghetti squash experiment but he'll try it.  

I also got some apps yesterday to help me attempt keto for awhile.  We'll see how it goes.  I researched it awhile ago, but never tried it.  A friend of mine here is doing it now.  I guess I like having someone nearby doing the same thing. I got the Carb Manager app and OTR macro app to track.  I could have waited until after the holidays, but why not just start now?  Might help me do better with all that holiday food around.  We shall see.

• Like 1

I could have waited until after the holidays, but why not just start now?  Might help me do better with all that holiday food around.  We shall see.

I feel the need to re-post this from the Rangers FB group, as it's quite relevant.

11817264_10155939868550173_7851739311196

Keto through the holidays, lose weight, and make everyone boggle that you went in the opposite direction of all the Empire's citizens! 

Hope you warned him that the squash is a bit crunchier than normal spaghetti. If he doesn't like it, maybe he can give you some Paleo-friendly pasta as a Christmas present. I still want to try their cookie dough. :)

• Like 1

That is a good one! I like it :)  I'm not good at waiting anyways.  And how do you know you're ready if you don't try something?  We'll see what happens.  The experiment began yesterday.

I tried some gluten free pasta from the store, but it seemed to want to cook into a big lump and that is exactly what it felt like in my stomach.  I'm hoping the squash will work out.  Either way, new things are fun.

• Like 1