tumblr_m82bjwkxtj1qitsi0o3_500.gif

It's Wednesday!  Only one more day of work, then I'm off until next year!  That just feels good to say.  

So, once again no lifting.  I'm not beating myself up about it.  I got in a yoga and some kettlebell time at home instead.  It still counts towards my goal.  I know its a soft goal, but I want to make it through the holidays feeling good about things.  Not stressing out more than I need to.  I spent last night finishing up a gift to mail today and wrapping presents.  Just have to make a few more toys before seeing kids this weekend and get one more sister-in-law gift figured out.  

Tonight, I will hit the post office *cough*Ruthix*cough* to mail a few things and then knit.  I might get to making that spaghetti tonight, but I might wait until tomorrow.

So, on the keto thing.  I just started but I had a hard time hitting my goals.  My fooding needs more work.  Yesterday I ended at 75% or my net carb goal, 48% of the protein goal, and 122% of the fat goal.  I started today off with a bulletproof coffee made with cream instead of coconut oil (I just did not like the greasy feel of drinking the coconut oil one before).  The boss is buying us lunch from Outback, I'm sure I'll be able to find something there that will work.  And I'll figure out dinner before I go to the grocery store tonight.

• Like 1

Maybe try coconut milk instead of the cream/coconut oil? OR you can get crazy and put the coconut milk can in the fridge for a while, open it, and use the fatty coconut milk glob without the water for extra creaminess! I have yet to try this myself, but I really really want to.

I like your "soft not-beating-myself-up goals" attitude. Definitely something I can learn from! :)

• Like 1

I have thought about trying coconut milk, but I'm a little worried.  I've never been a coconut fan.  Just don't like the flavor.  But I'm sure I'll end up trying it eventually.  Maybe sooner than I thought, if it will help with my new keto experiment :)

• Like 1

I'll have to try some coconut milk when I get back to town :)

2yn0wpd.jpg

So, nothing but food points for yesterday.  I knit and watched Christmas movies with my mom.  And this morning Mike would not let me get out of bed.  He's usually just getting ready to get off work when I'm leaving to go to work, so to wake up together required snuggling.  I didn't fight it. :)

Today I work until I'm done, then I'm off until Jan 4th!  I'm so ready to get a break from work.  I need a mental recovery period.

• Like 1

It's Christmas!  And I've actually done pretty good.  I couldn't talk anyone into a walk.  Apparently there is back pain going around the little group here.  I'm the only person left capable of carrying things and getting things done.  So, that's been fun. But I did get in some yoga.  And I've been eating well.  No dessert!  And just a tiny bit of chocolate. Tiny little piece.  Not bad at all.  I was given some homemade jam and cookies, so I'm going to take that to my brothers when we go tomorrow.  

Hope everybody's having a good holiday!!

• Like 1

OK, I did pretty lame over the holiday vacation.  2 entire days in the car travelling.  Rain/snow/wind and ice for a few days kept me inside.  My brother decided he did not want to lift.  I basically for in a little yoga on my own time, but not as much as I should have, and one short ruck.  Cut short because the trail was icy and I was with my mom who had a hip replaced 2 years ago.  She was too worried about slipping to enjoy the scenery.  I did manage to get myself one good meal a day, but group meals all involved tons of pasta and breads.  The only vegetables offered were basic lettuce salads (which I managed every time it was offered) or sometimes tomato and peppers mixed in with the pasta dishes.  No meat on its own, either.  They were pretty much midwestern casseroles.  Tasted good and fed all the kids and adults, just not really what I was hoping for.  I had a great time with everyone though.  And Mike now knows all 3 of my big brothers.  That part went really well.  

So, here are my sad progress bars, updated to show 3 weeks instead of 4.  I'll have to get a challenge up and get new ones going!

Lift/Run/Ruck/Yoga - 7/12

58.3%
58.3%

Eat Good Things - 42/63

66.7%
66.7%

Family Fun Time - 4/4

100%
100%

tumblr_np8f6bVnca1uwfc8lo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Count the plus points! You had an awesome time with your family! Fun in the great outdoors close to nature's beautiful embrace AND! you are atleast trying to eat right (you are suceeding, okay)

I don't see it as lame! In fact, you have put in some amazing effort!

To type or not type that is the thing my fingers will have to do... Get on with your magic, typing fingers!

• Like 2

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

Thank you!  No beating up about the holidays.  I had an awesome time with my family.  Actually, they got me thinking about looking into computer programming courses instead of accounting.  Maybe.  As a possibility.  Mostly because that could lead to Mike and I living closer to them for work.  But also, because accounting is just not as much math fun as I was hoping for.  

Oh, and new challenge up!  Pretty basic because apparently I strained my back.  I've never hurt my back before.  Its not very fun.  But here's my challenge link.

QRG Does Stuff.  And Things.

tumblr_ne700rbqUr1tskyv2o4_500.gif

• Like 2

tumblr_myy9dp5NXE1qlu8two2_500.gif

Quick update!  Here are the results of the Stuff and Thangs challenge:

Zombies 5K Training - 23/24

95.8%
95.8%

Yoga - 22/28

78.6%
78.6%

Eat Good Things 22/28

78.6%
78.6%

Lift Some of the Things - 5/8

62.5%
62.5%

Run or something - 4/4

100%
100%

__Strength Feat: Up my Bench 1RM this round...... I never checked this one.  But I'm plotting my next round right now.  I'll test after that.

_/_Agility FeatFinish the Zombies 5k training!..........  I'm one away!  So I'm pointing it.  For excitement at closeness.

_x_Stamina FeatSpend 1 week working on plank each day, try to extend time....... Start: 30 seconds ~ 7/7 End: 48 seconds

_x_Ranger Class Feat:  Gather a few emergency provisions and get that kit started..... Emergency shovel/axe added.

And here is the link to my new one!  No week zero, so its kind a rushed, but I've had my bulletproof coffee this morning.  I got it handled.

No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Me

• Like 2

Well, No Power In the 'Verse is over.  Turns out house shopping is pretty tiring, along with homework and work.  I didn't do too bad, but I'm going to take a challenge off and worry about school and houses for a minute.

I got my minimum on strength training, but fell short on everything else.  

Leaf on the Wind - 14/16

87.5%
87.5%

Big Damn Hero - 8/8-12

100%
100%

Pretty Floral Bonnet - 13/16

81.25%
81.25%

I Can Kill You With My Brain - 3.75/4

93.75%
93.75%

Thrilling Heroics - 3/4

75%
75%

Aim to Misbehave - 57/60

95%
95%

Right now, I'm just hoping I can keep up with 1-2 strengths a week and get in 1 ruck with 1-2 runs.  So, that's my general life plan.  The weather is nicer, I'm hoping that will get my running buddy back out with me.  But I need to be more focused on getting sleep and trying to do good in school at the moment.  Work is relatively automatic right now and looking for a house is stressful.  Sleep is feeling a lot more important to me lately than getting up at 5 for workouts.  I just need to keep trying.

• Like 2

Work is relatively automatic right now and looking for a house is stressful.  Sleep is feeling a lot more important to me lately than getting up at 5 for workouts.  I just need to keep trying.

This. I always feel like crap if I make myself exercise instead of sleep when I know how desperately sleep is needed. Just do what you can through this stressful bit, and try to get as much rest as you can. :)

• Like 2

I debated moving this challenge to the BL section, I ended up not, but I totally feel ya.

Also, yes. Sleep. Get it. If you're not sleeping working out won't even matter to your body any more. Hope to see you posting a bit here even if you're not challenging! But if not see you next month :D

• Like 1

This. I always feel like crap if I make myself exercise instead of sleep when I know how desperately sleep is needed. Just do what you can through this stressful bit, and try to get as much rest as you can. :)

SLEEEP!  I love sleep.

I debated moving this challenge to the BL section, I ended up not, but I totally feel ya.

Also, yes. Sleep. Get it. If you're not sleeping working out won't even matter to your body any more. Hope to see you posting a bit here even if you're not challenging! But if not see you next month :D

I'll be posting, but maybe not every day.  Like, last night we drove by some houses and then did laundry and cleaned the living room and cat area then slept.  This morning, I slept in. So, no updates.  But I also didn't have to log on and NOT update a progress bar, so that helps my stress level a bit.  

Tonight we are going to more houses then I've got  knit night.   And tomorrow is grocery shopping, cooking and homework.  I'm making some curry chicken with cauliflower rice and some tuna melt pie.  I want the tuna, but since Mike is against tuna in all its forms, there will be a batch of curry as well.  

I was hoping to run this week in the morning sometime, but its been raining and is supposed to snow again soon.  I'm hoping I can talk my running buddy into a non-snow run day soon.  She's not very weather running adventurous.  

• Like 2

I haven't made it for awhile (due to Mike's aversion) but its basically tuna, mushroom, onion and cheddar baked into a pie instead of toasted on bread.  No crust or anything.  I'll be checking the recipe tonight to make my shopping list.  I'll let you know how it goes :)

• Like 1

Sleep is also my favorite.

Tonight we are going to more houses then I've got  knit night.   And tomorrow is grocery shopping, cooking and homework.  I'm making some curry chicken with cauliflower rice and some tuna melt pie.  I want the tuna, but since Mike is against tuna in all its forms, there will be a batch of curry as well. 

Bleh, what is it with them being picky eaters? The husband is the reason why I have yet to bring home bison or any organ meats when I feel brave enough. Yet he keeps insisting that I need to try more varieties of fish. 

That sounds delicious!! And it all sticks together? I need this in my life.

Found it!  Its got some binders.  Not just my basic list up there.

1 onion chopped, one red pepper chopped, 6 oz mushrooms, chopped, 20 oz tuna drained, 3/4 c milk, 1/4 c flour, 2 tbsp mayo, 3 eggs lightly beaten, 2 tbsp melted butter, and 1-2c shredded cheddar.

Saute the onion/peppers softened. Add mushrooms and cook about 5 mins.    In a bowl combine tuna/mayo/cooked veggies and 1/3 of the cheese.  In another bowl whisk eggs, milk, flour and butter then stir into the tuna mixture.  Bake in a 10 inch pie pan at 450 until top is browned and its cooked through, about 35 minutes.  Add remaining cheese to top and bake until melted.  Consume.

Sleep is also my favorite.

Bleh, what is it with them being picky eaters? The husband is the reason why I have yet to bring home bison or any organ meats when I feel brave enough. Yet he keeps insisting that I need to try more varieties of fish. 

Well, that just means more for me!  Mike will try all the kinds of fish I bring home, but he requires tartar sauce with it, no matter what it is.  I taught him to make his own at least.  That's something.  

They had some good ground beef on big sale last night at the store, so I'll have to change my cooking plan up a bit.  Now it'll be tuna melt pie and taco salad.  

2 of the houses we were going to see last night accepted offers and cancelled, so we only went into one.  But then we took a new list and spent the rest of the evening until after dark driving around checking locations and neighborhoods.  I never made it to knit last night, just as far as my couch.  I couldn't help myself.  I watched Fuller House and knit on socks.  Its funny because its exactly like the original.  No one's acting has improved and they're using the same humor (and same jokes).  But I couldn't stop watching.  I was entertained.

• Like 2

I am going to make a dairy free version of this next week! It sounds so delicious.

I haven't watched Fuller House yet but I've heard the same thing from most people as you've said... it's not very good but it's awesome for nostalgia/entertainment purposes. I'll probably give it a shot at some point because I did love the original as a kid.

• Like 1