I've skipped the milk before.  Not bad.  But I like my melty cheese on top.  And I was thinking I might add some chopped bacon this time.  Maybe that will suck Mike into trying it out :)

• Like 1

That pie sounds amazeballs - I'm going to have to make it this weekend. I was going to make Nom Nom Paleo's spicy tuna cakes, but this sounds way more yummy. I can always make the tuna cakes another day.

I hope you guys are able to find a house! The whole process sounds like a pain, but I'll admit I'm a little jelly :tongue: It sounds like taking some time away from the challenges is a good idea when you have so much going on.

I concur on the sleeping, too.
tumblr_mthl6bqBJd1r509o9o1_250.gif

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Current Challenge: RuthixCube trains for a 5k - pt 1

Previous: Reboot12

"I am Iron and I forge myself."

Oh here you are! I completely missed the bit in your previous challenge where you said you'll be battle logging this challenge! 

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Yeah I was planning on using dairy free cheese and milk. Dairy makes my tummy go ow but I've found some good replacements.

I haven't tried the dairy free cheeses.  But stomach-friendly sounds like the way to go.

That pie sounds amazeballs - I'm going to have to make it this weekend. I was going to make Nom Nom Paleo's spicy tuna cakes, but this sounds way more yummy. I can always make the tuna cakes another day.

I hope you guys are able to find a house! The whole process sounds like a pain, but I'll admit I'm a little jelly :tongue: It sounds like taking some time away from the challenges is a good idea when you have so much going on.

I concur on the sleeping, too.

tumblr_mthl6bqBJd1r509o9o1_250.gif

Ooh!  I want to make those spicy tuna cakes too.  

Oh here you are! I completely missed the bit in your previous challenge where you said you'll be battle logging this challenge! 

You're here!  Yeah.  It's helpful for me in the not going crazy to not be in a challenge.  

I haven't gotten much done this week.  At this point, I'm really just hoping to get some lifting and running in over the weekend.

I didn't even end up cooking or homeworking last night.  I grocery shopped then we checked out houses and neighborhoods until 8ish, I did dishes, I sat on the couch for about an hour knitting on socks, then I took a melatonin and went to bed.  I feel better today because I got good sleep, so that part is good.  Tonight I'll cook and zombie knit is at my house, so I'll clean a bit before they arrive.  Tomorrow I'll homework after work.  Then over the weekend, aside from looking at houses, I'll be studying for my midterms which are Monday after work.  We are looking at some houses Monday at lunchtime so I'll have to get out of work for a bit in the middle of the day.  Wanted to get in sooner as fast as the nicer houses are going in this area for some reason, but scheduling issues put it off until then.

• Like 3

That pie sounds amazeballs - I'm going to have to make it this weekend. I was going to make Nom Nom Paleo's spicy tuna cakes, but this sounds way more yummy.

Ooh!  I want to make those spicy tuna cakes too.

NomNom's tuna cakes are the only recipe that has me interested in trying tuna. I believe I should step out of my comfort zone and try them.

Reading your log so far has reminded me how freaggin' exhausting house hunting was. Hope you find something suitable soon!

• Like 2

tumblr_nlftx7wxHQ1sqcoceo2_500.gif

Well, the weekend is over.  Sadly but not.  Work is not super stressful yet today, so that is good.  I did get in a very short run and a lift Saturday.  Run cut short because she wanted to try out lifting with me, which I was all for since I needed to get one in anyhow.  But she wanted to do it at her gym, which is Planet Fitness so all the lifting was on machines.  It was weird.  Some muscles felt like they were working, but some didn't.  It was hard to get the right weights on there, not knowing if there was any weight really to the bar itself.  Just going by feeling, I think it was maybe 5lbs on its own, but that's a guess.  It did stop me from leaning too far forward on squats, but she said she was leaning back onto the bar each time.  I definitely prefer my Iron Pit gym.  But it was fun to do some lifting with her.  

I'm still super stressed about the home shopping.  I didn't get to sleep Saturday night until 5AM, then I spent Sunday having a very hard time focussing on my homework.  I never did get around to cooking my tuna melt pie.  I took melatonin last night and got some good sleep.  That will help me make it through my final, but then laundry is tonight.  I'll see if we can do it from my place so I can have some cooking time.  I'm also hoping to make these breakfast fiber/applesauce muffins my uncle gave me a recipe for, if I've got time.  Good easy breakfast that I don't have to think about just sounds really nice right about now.  We are going to check out some houses today that are at the very top of my price range.  But they look pretty great.  We'll see.  I'd rather find something good that's a bit cheaper, but I've seen a lot of bad ones already.  It's kind of disheartening to see the condition of a lot of the houses, but there are so many properties that are rentals here in a college town that are just not very well cared for. 

• Like 2

That's rough. Hang in there; you might end up finding something. Are you using a regular realtor to help with the hunt? If you haven't, I'd suggest looking for a buyer's agent; we happened upon one during our hunt, and she made the process a lot easier on us, since she was basically on our side (and her passion was helping people find the house they want, not to just sell a house to someone). That MIGHT help, but it's still stressful.

I'd have been so awkward and uncomfortable lifting on the machines at Planet Fitness. Props to you for doing that with your friend. 

• Like 2

I had no idea there was such a thing as a buyer's agent!  I'll have to look into that, thank you for the tip.  I've never had to do any of this before, I've always been a renter.

Machines were definitely strange.  I'm not planning to use them again anytime soon.  She said she'd been to my gym before and not liked it though, so I might to with her sometime just to get her lifting heavy.  

• Like 1

**Many hugs**

We should lift together more, if we can ever get our schedules to match up!

My life is awfully crazy atm, but I'm determined to continue shoehorning a workout schedule in once my lungs work again.  We can trade house sagas.

• Like 2

"What's the goal here?  What's the lesson here?  What's the best use of my time right now?" <-- Rory Miller's "three sacred questions"

"Lacking in humility?  Don't worry, the bar will give you some." <-- Me.

HedgeMage, Orc Ranger

Battle Log | IRL Info

**Many hugs**

We should lift together more, if we can ever get our schedules to match up!

My life is awfully crazy atm, but I'm determined to continue shoehorning a workout schedule in once my lungs work again.  We can trade house sagas.

Glad you're back!  Sorry you're not feeling well.  I hope that goes quickly.  We'll lift again when you're better!

Here's me at work this morning:

anigif_optimized-20219-1427621316-20.gif

I was just this morning trying to figure out what I can cancel this week for my sanity.  I sucked on my test last night.  I never suck on tests. I'm sure its just being stressed out lately and unable to focus to study very well.  But it still sucks.  Here is what I'm supposed to do:  Tonight drive by houses then stop by knit for a minute, then dishes, finally get around to cooking that tuna melt casserole and put away laundry.  Wednesday night DAR meeting then homework, including going back over the stuff I struggled with last week.  Thursday clean and host knit night at my place, possibly more homework/study time.  Friday grocery store, general house care and pack.  Saturday lift and/or run in the morning, mom wants me to go to a gardening class with her, then we are supposed to head to Indy to start up a new D&D campaign that will only meet once a month.  Then Sunday I need to figure out foods for at least part of the week and make sure all homework is handled for this week since its all due Sunday midnight.  I'm not cancelling the one real workout morning I get or homework, so I need to figure out what to drop for sanity levels.

Also work has just been stupid lately.  Aside from customers preferring to pay in crayons for the small amount of loads that are available, we have had 3 breakdowns this week already which means I'm dealing with upset customers.  There is a lot of trying to ignore people deep sighing and whining while still trying to keep drivers moving and not fall behind on paperwork.  I just wish people were nicer when bad things happened, but it does let me know which brokers to avoid.  I guess that it helpful.

Ok, whine over.  I'm going to coffee up and get shit done now.  

• Like 2

I can't fix it all, but I will leave you with the following bits of questionable wisdom:

• Many hugs, you'll Ranger through.  Prioritize and push things off your plate where you can.
  • Don't be afraid to say 'no' to some of your Mom's priorities.  I know she's proud of your work and schooling and health gains; she'll understand you missing a few things if you put it in that light, and show her it's temporary.
  • My lungs should be in basic working order by Saturday.
  • I have a charged-up Starbucks card for post-workout venting session.  Caffeine on me!
  • Like 2

"What's the goal here?  What's the lesson here?  What's the best use of my time right now?" <-- Rory Miller's "three sacred questions"

"Lacking in humility?  Don't worry, the bar will give you some." <-- Me.

HedgeMage, Orc Ranger

Battle Log | IRL Info

I can't fix it all, but I will leave you with the following bits of questionable wisdom:

• Many hugs, you'll Ranger through.  Prioritize and push things off your plate where you can.
  • Don't be afraid to say 'no' to some of your Mom's priorities.  I know she's proud of your work and schooling and health gains; she'll understand you missing a few things if you put it in that light, and show her it's temporary.
  • My lungs should be in basic working order by Saturday.
  • I have a charged-up Starbucks card for post-workout venting session.  Caffeine on me!

That sounds amazing!  Thank you :)

• Like 1

adventuretime-hug.gif

Sounds like you have had so much going on the last couple of days! I wish I were able to offer some kind of help or advice, but as HedgeMage said, prioritizing is probably the best bet.

BTW, I wanted to let you know that I tried your tuna melt pie - it is delicious! I think I'm going to add a little more tuna next time, but it was seriously good. :)

• Like 1

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Current Challenge: RuthixCube trains for a 5k - pt 1

Previous: Reboot12

"I am Iron and I forge myself."

Sounds like you have had so much going on the last couple of days! I wish I were able to offer some kind of help or advice, but as HedgeMage said, prioritizing is probably the best bet.

BTW, I wanted to let you know that I tried your tuna melt pie - it is delicious! I think I'm going to add a little more tuna next time, but it was seriously good. :)

I'm glad you liked that!  I really need to get around to cooking it so I can have some :)

I'm thinking I'll drop the Saturday gardening class.  I'm kind of hoping they'll cancel D&D since some people are unsure time-wise, but I can't skip.  We haven't met up since before Christmas.  I might also drop the Wednesday DAR meeting, or try to get out early.  The biggest thing right now is hat I keep taking melatonin to get to sleep.  The lack of sleep has been really wearing me out faster.  

• Like 2

DAR last night was actually fun.  I really like hearing about the volunteering and projects they have going on.  Looks like next year my mom and I might get to hand out the good citizen awards to the high school kids chosen.  That could be fun.  On a volunteering note, I was surprised in a happy and sad way the other day.  I went to the website to apply to volunteer as a dog walker for the shelter, but they are not accepting applications again until winter.  Apparently they have so many volunteers right now, they have a back log of applications for go through.  So, sad that I can't get in there as it would be a fun way to do something, but isn't that amazing that so many people want to help out at the shelter?  I think that's just so great for all the animals there, and the people already there working.

Also, I'm updating my planned schedule.  Last night before the meeting, I cleaned around the house.  Then we didn't get out until after 8PM, so I just picked up a bit more and then went to bed.  And I actually slept!  It was wonderful.  No pills, just a build up of tired I think.  But it was nice.  Tonight I'll finish my cleaning up, cook that tuna melt pie finally!, then just enjoy knit night and zombies.  Tomorrow I'll homework all evening after work.  Saturday I'll lift (and if I can get it scheduled, run), then homework if needed until D&D (if that even happens, no one has confirmed yet so I might be off the hook).  Sunday I'll go for a ruck walk with mom, and then finish homework or get started on the next week's homework.  I think taking a couple days and some time to relax and workout will help.  Also, sleeping so good last night really really helped with my functioning and being more relaxed today.  Doesn't hurt that all today's trucks are moved and I only have one left to work on for tomorrow.  No new breakdowns.  I am actually getting through some of my stacks of paperwork and reports that have just been piling up lately.  

So, basically today is good.  

TfmFKy.gif

• Like 2

tumblr_n0i8flukl71sjxysio1_400.gif

Finally cooked my tuna melt pie!  Finally.  Going to have that for lunch today.

Also, I slept all right last night. We turned zombie knit into watch home renovation shows and knit.  It was fun. Good things.

• Like 2

Nothing exciting to report.  Going to take a bit to adjust to the forum changes, but I'll work on re-stalking people another time.  

Did homework this weekend, and lifted.  Found a house for mom, now just need to find one for Mike and I nearby.  Actually, I'm quite a bit less stressed now that we know what neighborhood to look near.  While there are less options from limiting neighborhoods, that also means I'm not watching all of the listings all over town every day.  I just need to check out anything that pops up in that general area to see if it would work for us or not.  Our lease is good for another 5 months, so no rush.  I'm actually looking forward to helping mom paint and get her things moved.  She's not enjoying apartment life and while I can tell she's nervous, I know she'll be good once she's in a house again.

Also, I'm hoping this little bit of lowered house hunting stress will make it easier for me to work out.  I'm going to try to start up my 5AM lifting sessions again this week.  And I'll see if I can talk anyone into a walk/run/dance on non-lifting days.  

For tonight, I'm going to work on socks!  Because I just cannot seem to stop knitting socks.  I will never have enough!  Also, there is new Daredevil to binge watch while socking.

• Like 2

I've just started recently.  I read through your log and found it so amusing.  I'm a Supernatural fan also - my husband and I didn't watch it when it started, but then I borrowed a DVD of the first season and now we are hooked, but playing catch-up.  You've found such fun clips!

Sleep has been an issue for me, too.  I retired at the end of the year (my friends say that means I'm no longer allowed to complain, but too bad!).  I've had an issue with sleep I didn't expect.  My job was extremely stressful, with 24/7 call, and I was in an almost constant state of anxiety.  When I retired, I found myself staying up late at night like I often would have to do for work, but then sleeping until 4 or 5 in the afternoon (which I never got to do).  At first I figured I was just catching up on sleep, but it continues.  My doctor said that my hormones are adjusting to a life without being constantly on alert, and it may take some time.  Last night, I went to bed at 3 AM, and fell asleep around 7.  I'm going to try melatonin, and I've also ordered blue blocker glasses and special lights that dim gradually at night (desperate to get on a sleep cycle).  So I understand what you're talking about with sleep.  I'm getting a slow start with Nerd Fitness because the sleep issue has been my biggest one, but I know it will work out eventually.

AKF - Always Keep Fighting!

• Like 1

Sleep is completely important!  I was on a great schedule, but I started stressing out and not going to sleep at night.  So now I've got to get myself back on it.  I'm getting sleep again, but now its the waking up at 5 that's hard.  But I'll figure it out.

Also, I love Supernatural!  I'm so glad Netflix has it available for binge watching at any time.  

tumblr_inline_nnn75f2H6e1rzpzpm_500.gif