39g Strawberry

73g Bok Choy

Protein Powder

Water

Lunch

Salad

4pm Coffee

Dinner

Subway 6" Steak on White with Tomato, Cucumber, Capsicum, Spinach, Avocado (no sauce, no cheese)

Late Night Snack

Couple thin slices of watermelon

Exercise

None :( - see here.

Level 0 Faun Adventurer

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Dumbledore

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Intro | Battle Log1st 6wc

Weight Loss Goal - Starting Weight: 124kg, Goal: 73kg, Weight Loss Required: 51kg total

16.6%
16.6%

Healthy Meals Repertoire - Stage 1, Learn 28 meals

35.7%
35.7%

Battle Log for 4th Nov

Breakfast
77g Watermelon
45g Strawberry
75g Bok Choy
Protein Powder
Water

7:30 Coffee

Lunch
Leftover Paleo Meatza, Sauted Green Beans and Spinach and (almost-Paleo) meatballs

Dinner
Food from cooking class (which I've already given myself an exemption to eat) - About 2 eggs, 1 piece whole grain toast

Exercise
None :( - see here.

Level 0 Faun Adventurer

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Dumbledore

Weight Loss Goal - Starting Weight: 124kg, Goal: 73kg, Weight Loss Required: 51kg total

16.6%
16.6%

35.7%
35.7%

Well I hadn't written down dinner yet (Southern Hemisphere :) ). But surprisingly no - I've been finding that if I eat white rice, bread or pasta I'm starving within two hours, but if I eat meat, veggies and fruit I'm not. I just did a very rough kJ count for today and it's ~ 917kJ breakfast, ~1900kJ dinner, lunch is harder to estimate but the meat and oil alone would have been about 2000kJ - so say 2500kJ. Total maybe 5300kJ? Not that low. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 0 Faun Adventurer

16.6%
16.6%

35.7%
35.7%

I've been making myself miserable. I knew it wasn't working when I was so stressed I needed to take a mental health day on Thursday (I didn't go to work), and when I avoided doing the bodyweight workout on Thu/Fri, avoided posting here, and avoided going to karate this morning (it isn't my normal day, but I could have gone).

So I've rebooted my quests, details in my quest thread. Looking at my goals through the lens of the last week and the SMART challenge it's clear my goals weren't attainable yet, and so required some readjustment.

I know I did the right thing because I feel happy and relieved and enthusiastic again - not like these goals are a chore. I'm a little wearier, but now looking forward to the rest of the challenge.

Recap for Thu 5th - Fri 6th Nov

Exercise

None at all so far this week.

Thu 5th Nov

Breakfast

Skipped

Snack

86g watermelon

Lunch

85g silverbeet

63g watermelon

38g strawberry

protein powder

Dinner

1/2 homemade frittata (2 eggs, 1/4 brown onion, 1 or 2 tsp olive oil, 1/4 red capsicum, 1 cup silverbeet)

6th Nov

Breakfast

Skipped

Lunch

I had made a smoothie (40g blueberry, 180g silverbeet, 70g watermelon, protein powder) but I'd added vanilla essence to it - bad move, it curdled. I drank about a 1/3 of it anyway but gave it up as a bad job and ate half my dinner frittata instead.

1/4 homemade frittata (1 egg, 1/8 brown onion, 1/2 or 1 tsp olive oil, 1/8 red capsicum, 1/2 cup silverbeet)

Dinner

1/4 homemade frittata (1 egg, 1/8 brown onion, 1/2 or 1 tsp olive oil, 1/8 red capsicum, 1/2 cup silverbeet)

Nachos [i went clothes shopping for jeans because mine are now too big, and so even though I normally hate clothes shopping I was pretty excited - until both the shops I tried didn't have anything approaching my size.

Being upset I decided to eat nachos (bad news not only because they're not healthy, but because dairy doesn't agree with me). Not only were they not approaching as good as I hoped (isn't it always the way?), I felt overfull and miserable afterwards, and promptly made myself puke as soon as I got home (I promise no eating disorders - but in this case it was wholly necessary). It was a good lesson though.]

Level 0 Faun Adventurer

16.6%
16.6%

35.7%
35.7%

Weighed myself this morning - 115.5kg! :)

Breakfast

Skipped

Lunch

Smoothie (watermelon, silverbeet and strawberry)

Dinner

Home made beef stew

Level 0 Faun Adventurer

16.6%
16.6%

35.7%
35.7%

Well I hadn't written down dinner yet (Southern Hemisphere :) ). But surprisingly no - I've been finding that if I eat white rice, bread or pasta I'm starving within two hours, but if I eat meat, veggies and fruit I'm not. I just did a very rough kJ count for today and it's ~ 917kJ breakfast, ~1900kJ dinner, lunch is harder to estimate but the meat and oil alone would have been about 2000kJ - so say 2500kJ. Total maybe 5300kJ? Not that low. :)

Someone corrects me if i'm wrong,but i think it's because carbs create insuline peaks that uses the nutrients way more faster, as glycogen in the muscles and as fat cells if you eat more than your activity level requres. If you want your carbs to last longer in your blood, i've read many times you have to consume them we fat (butter on your bread for example)

veggies have fibers to takes a lot longer to digest, so you'll feel full longer... and fats are the most satietating nutrients.

About the nachos, i know what you mean ! when i eat some unhealthy food i have not eaten in a while... i'm usually disapointed and disgusted ! that's because your taste is evolving !!

• Like 1

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

That's cool, didn't know that, thanks! :)

Level 0 Faun Adventurer

16.6%
16.6%

35.7%
35.7%

hey LR

these posts on the blog are excellent intro to get a clue on our diets

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/11/10/healthy-eating/

and if you want to go further 

http://www.nerdfitness.com/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet1/

at First, to get an excellent start, cutting the carbs to a minimum, is an excellent move, it will help your body learn to work on proteins and fats, thus being more eager to tackle the stored fat in the body once you've managed to create a sustainable calorie deficit

But i see from your logs that you're already doing an excellent job on the choice of food and the weights-in...

are you feeling ok from skipping breakfast ? that's a psychological step i've never really managed to take, since i'm always hungry when i wake up !! 

• Like 1

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Hi Winwaloeus, thanks for the articles - I'll check them out now :) I'm fine with skipping breakfast - I'm never hungry until I've been awake a few hours anyway :) Actually, although I'm making an effort to eat, I'm not getting hungry very often at all since I started eating paleo - possibly ketosis.

Level 0 Faun Adventurer

16.6%
16.6%

35.7%
35.7%

Yeah, i think one of the effects of long ketosis seems to be people loosing the sense of appetite... but on the other hand, paleo diets are more satietating because of their content on healthy fats

anyway, be careful on the long term, do eat enough for energy, man ! hunger is our batphone straight to our body !

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Hey everyone,

The public accountability thing isn’t working for me mental health-wise - I’m not quitting NerdFitness, but I need to move at my own pace - not at challenge pace. I need to win and celebrate my successes however small. And I need not to stress about being accountable to anyone but me. So I’m withdrawing from the challenge and from the forums. I’m not deleting my account, and a direct message will still reach me.

Thanks for all your support.

Regards,

LR

(Admins, please feel free to delete this thread.)

• Like 1

Level 0 Faun Adventurer

16.6%
16.6%

35.7%
35.7%