Inspiration from video games/ tv series

It's not a game, of comic character..., but it relates a lot with. It's Wreslting. But not only WWE, also other promotions. You can say that it's scripted and not real..., but the wrestler of this era, are guys that love wrestling, they start from the bottom, and had to make a name by themselves to be recognized by the fans. They win the fans, and that make them more inspirational. See for example in the WWE, wrestlers like Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins (some of my Crossfit inspirations), or more recently Aj Styles (received a huge pop in this royal rumble debut)

• Like 2

Hawkhack the Ranger
"Bits and Pounds for the win!"

My personal website: http://www.acifuentes.cl
My NF Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/62088

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/78158-hawkhack-action-log/

Paula from Earthbound.  That's why she's my icon. My first impression of her probably matched quite a few other people's:  WEAK SAUCE.  She's not physically strong.  Her power is praying, which is mildly beneficial at best (most of the time, anyway).  She gets kidnapped twice over the course of the game.

BUT.

She bashes monsters with a frying pan.  She goes up to these attack dogs and exploding trees and giant moles and the freakin' KRAKEN, knowing that she will be the first to get wiped out, knowing that her only hope (unless someone is carrying a Brain Food Lunch) is to pray, and smacks them with a frying pan anyway!  She gains her experience and levels up, never to catch up to the rest of the party, just to do as well as she can.

She is brave, determined, and she is enough.  And she has helped me, another small and not physically strong person, be brave and feel like I'm enough.

• Like 6
  • From Sailor Moon: pretty much any of the senshi, but particularly Uranus, Neptune, and the Starlights. They fight until they die, then keep fighting.
  • From Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Fitz, who spent a season in recovery from serious trauma and came out scarred but strong on the other side.
  • From Adolescence of Utena: Utena, who underwent a fundamental transformation to transcend the boundaries of the world, and Anthy, who was too scared to follow her into that transformation but dug down for the courage to go beyond the world anyway.
  • From the Avatar series: Kitara for her development and disclipline; Toph for essentially willing herself to be amazing (and possibly earthbending her children out of solid stone); Korra for being a fuckup and still doing what needed to be done; and Sokka and Asami for keeping up with the benders around them.

Paula from Earthbound.

She's my favorite character in the entire Mother series. <3

• Like 1

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
NF Character Profile: RMDC
Challenge: Current - PKMN Journey, Part 1

Previous: 1

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
Wheat products restricted to 3/wk (this week's slots: {*} - {*} - { } )
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%
Interval walking, four total hours

36%
36%

I have an ongoing series of posts about this on my blog. Most of my inspirations come from novels or films.

Covered so far...

John Rain, from the novels by Barry Eisler

Quiller, from the novels by Adam Hall

The Crow, mostly Jay O'Barr's comic but also the film

Man on Fire, the book by A.J. Quinnell

Atticus Kodiak, from the novels by Greg Rucka

and of course, Jason Bourne (cinematic version only)

I still need to write a post about Elvis Cole and Joe Pike, two characters created by Robert Crais. That one's been hard to tackle because Elvis and Joe have probably influenced and inspired me more than any other fictional heroes.

—Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.

I had this thought years ago when I spent days at a time playing Knights of the Old Republic... If I spent 1/2 as much time running and hitting things as my character on-screen, I'd be a beast. It took me a few years to get to CrossFit, but I'm slowly catching up to my on-screen characters. 

• Like 3

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I had an epiphany while playing The Walking Dead.

aaheader1.jpg

Every moment that I've spent on grinding my character (not in this game) is time that I could have used to better my real self.

Every moment that I've spent looking after a virtual child in this game is time that could have been spent on living beings that I live with.

That's not to say that I regret playing this game, because I enjoyed thinking about game-design that went into it, and I used that experience of forced choices to know myself a bit better. There's also a lot of benefit that came from playing Total War series (to name one), in time and resource management skills. Not all game time is wasteful, but one should be conscious if it's pure escapism or something that actually improves you.

So there - my inspiration to game less came from a game.

• Like 1

STR: 2 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3 / CON: 2 / WIS: 3 / CHA: 3

PanHEMAphiliac.

Dak'kon, from Planescape Torment. Because he wields a blade made of chaos matter that's made sharp by the degree of his concetration and certainty. He starts the game full of doubt and as he comes to know himself and the teachings of Zerthimon, his damage output increases dramatically. Also, he drops epic motivational lines like "I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated" and "Endure. In enduring, grow strong."

Several heroes from the Warcraft universe:

Arthas, because he's a reminder that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions

Grom Hellscream, for caving into temptation and taking the easy way to power but ultimately sacrifising himself to find redemption

Broxigar, obviously

Sturm Brightblade from Dragonlance. For sticking to his guns in a world that made fun of his values. For putting the spirit of the code over its letter. For his epic final moment.

Beast (X-Men) for perhaps the best combination of brains and brawn ever

Cloud (Final Fantasy VII) for going above and beyond what he was supposed to be

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

My inspirations are many and for various reasons.  I think my main inspirations are the Jedi.  Some would call them Monks in the context of the classes, but I think of them more of a conglomeration.  I’m more of a Ranger for my training style, but I’m also a martial artist and do my share of meditation.

My second inspiration would have to be Master Chief.  Yes, he’s seen as more of a Warrior, but in truth he is a Ranger.  His early training was very Ranger-like with the HIIT and military-style Crossfit training.

Finally, I’d have to say that I’m inspired by Aragorn, both from the novels and the movies.  He is a mix of strength, speed, and fighting style.  He can fight with a bow, a sword, or his hands.

I'm a big movie fan so my big one is Rocky Balboa.  I know, you're thinking training montage > fight a big guy.  Not much to inspire.  But think about the first movie when there was an actual character development.  He had practically nothing and everything he did was guts, endurance, and stubbornness.  Every time it snows I run faster and longer with "eye of the tiger" in my head and grey sweats on.  I've never been to Philly but you can bet your sweet ass once I get there I'll be running up the steps of the museum to throw my fists up.

• Like 1

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

I was walking through architecture similar to that in the Rocky montage in Baltimore today... you know the song was going through my head! 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

and of course, Jason Bourne (cinematic version only)

You're missing out.  Even just something as simple as functioning without a cell phone is impressive in the books- despite the amnesia he remembers his way around cities he hasn't been to in years, keeps an inventory of phone numbers in his head, and is able to find resources and people without the internet.

Searching the world for a cure for my wanderlust.

Honestly surprised no-one's mentioned this yet, but Goku for starters. Guy is always pushing himself to get stronger so he can defend the people he loves. I identify more with Vegeta myself; training to beat that one guy who's stronger than you. Though it must be said there's a LOT of guys (and, indeed, girls) stronger than me right now. To them I say, "I'm coming for you. I'm coming for each and every one of you in turn". Every time I've struggled in the past I imagine Vegeta shouting at me "DAMMIT MAN! WHERE'S YOUR SAIYAN PRIDE!?" and somehow it helps me push through. For inspiration in general, most of my idols were animated. Optimus Prime, He-Man, Lion-O, the Turtles, Bravestar, Ulysses 31 . . . All these people were paragons of what was right and proper to some extent. And a surprising amount of them were seriously built too. I used to think He-Man underwent a much more pronounced transformation. Nope! Prince Adam is built like a tank. His 'transformation' is from fully clothed to semi-nude. If I was built like that I think I'd feel comfortable wearing a pink waist coat(?) and lilac leggings too.

That part about Vegeta, absolutely!

But for me also these badass characters from the movie Dead or Alive.

I always wanted to look like Helena while Inline Skating :D

DOA_bts_1.jpg

jz1rpzakg3w6praj.jpg

TV / Anime / Movies:
- Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

- Veronica (Veronica Mars)

- Ash, Ritchie (Pokemon)
- ALL THE ORIGINAL DIGI-DESTINED... and Ken (Digimon)

- Mikasa, Armin, Eren, Levi, Hange, Petra (Attack on Titan)

- Blossum (The Powerpuff Girls)

- Daria (Daria)

- Rin, Makoto, Rei (Free!)

- Lisa (The Simpsons)

- Mufasa (The Lion King)

- Luke, Rey (Star Wars)

- Katniss (The Hunger Games)

- Hermione (Harry Potter)

Games:

- Link (Legend of Zelda)

- Red, N, Lance, Cynthia (Pokemon)

- Mario (Super Mario Bros)

- Kurisu (Steins;Gate)

- Ema, Phoenix, Miles, Apollo, Klavier (Ace Attorney)

- Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)

Obviously not all of them are fitness related but they all have really cool traits.

• Like 1

I get so pumped whenever I play the Uncharted and the (newer) Tomb Raider games. I love mysteries, learning about far off places, crazy adventures, and I love the tenacity/passions of the characters features in those games.

Some goals of mine inspired by these games include traveling more and choosing the "less traveled path" as far as activities, improving my hiking efficiency, getting a conceal/carry license and improving my shot with a firearm, working on my archery skills, learning a form of self defense, and to learn and become fluent in another language.

Hopefully though I will not get hunted down by pirates/smugglers/military and I won't have to worry about ancient dark curses. I could do without all that.

"Strength without determination means nothing...determination without strength is equally useless!" -Godo, FFVII

NF Academy Profile  :pirate:

I don't know who has said this yet, but when I play Mass Effect with FemShepard. So much love. Or Jack, she's awesome too.

OMG yesss, I loved those games! My FemShep was such a beautiful, bald badass! I would love to cosplay as her or ME3 Jack someday.

"Strength without determination means nothing...determination without strength is equally useless!" -Godo, FFVII

OMG yesss, I loved those games! My FemShep was such a beautiful, bald badass! I would love to cosplay as her or ME3 Jack someday.

Yes please. It is a dream to cosplay one of those two. We named our kitten Tali. Hehe, But seriously, I'd look at them and go "so amazing."

Yes please. It is a dream to cosplay one of those two. We named our kitten Tali. Hehe, But seriously, I'd look at them and go "so amazing."

Aww Tali was the best! One of my best friends is obsessed with her. She even had a ME themed wedding. I can't wait for more of the games, hopefully they will be good!

Aww Tali was the best! One of my best friends is obsessed with her. She even had a ME themed wedding. I can't wait for more of the games, hopefully they will be good!

I'm so looking forward to Andromeda. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. ME themed wedding ... interesting. Was it interrupted by a reaper attack? Was there laser tag with one team as the reapers?

I'm so looking forward to Andromeda. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. ME themed wedding ... interesting. Was it interrupted by a reaper attack? Was there laser tag with one team as the reapers?

Nooo but that would have been awesome! D: Haha it was slightly interrupted by a late bridesmaid.