• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I used to, many years ago.  I studied under Sensei Randall Hassell for twelve years (1979-1991), and earned shodan ranking under his guidance.  I also studied briefly under Sensei Goran Glucina in Auckland, NZ in 1988.  Shotokan was instrumental in guiding my development as a human being.  I wouldn't be nearly as strong or as focused as I am now without their teaching.

I am. I got was on the third blue belt (if I remember correctly) and was graduating to brown belt. And I trained for 4 years. I was pretty good and knew a few black belt katas. I am looking to actually start learning more. Just fighting as I am going to play basketball and not train karate again, but rather train at home fighting techniques and such. Any help would be nice

Shotokan karateka here, though I have been away from training for over four year, and am just now slowly coming back to it. I believe I have about five years of training to my name, if taken altogether (but spread out over 10 years). I'm hoping to make it a consistent habit once again.

On 5/27/2017 at 6:20 PM, LordBraga99 said:

My style is comprised of various styles, but mainly shotokan. My style's name is Kyokushin

Oof - Kyokushin's hardcore. I did some Kyokushin body conditioning once, and sorta regretted it for about a week afterwards.

That said, probably really good training should you ever find yourself in a fight.