Hello all,

I'm here to introduce myself. I joined the forums for a couple reasons. First, I wanted to see if Nerd Fitness is what I'm looking for. I don't want to spend money on something that may not be a good fit. Second, I'm looking for some sort of support, but I don't seem to fit in with other workout networks. 

About me

I'm pushing 50 years old. Although I sport a moniker usually found on a man, yet I am not male. I live in New England with my husband and our teenager. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom. I do work part time for my local Catholic parish. I'm back in college studying history. I should graduate spring of 2016 with a BA in that subject. When I finish I plan on attending a Catholic university and work toward a degree in Catholic theology. Don't worry, I"m not here to convert or otherwise polytheism, I'm simply mentioning where my interests lie. 

Beyond that I identify as an insomniac, crunchy flexitarian, percussionist (I play drum kit, piano and play with the guitar), Parroted, Whovian tai chi loving runner who has turned to weight lifting. Since Christmas of 2014, I've lost 55 pounds. I have another 20 to go to get to my goal weight of 120 pounds. That said I will be happy with anything between 120 and 129. 

I joined the local gym this September with good intentions. After the first week, I promptly went out of town for ten days. Two days after I arrived home, with every intention of going to the gym, I ended up having to have emergency surgery. That put a damper on things for two more weeks. The stitches were out two weeks ago and I"m back at it. I do cardio for about 25-30 minutes, depending on how I feel (I hate running on the treadmill.) then spend the next 45-60 minutes with the weights. I'd been using the machines, but a rather helpful person has been showing me how to use the weights. 

It is lovely to meet all of you.

Peace,

Chuck

"Yes, I am a pirate. Two hundred years too late."

Welcome, welcome. I was homeschooled for much of my youth and I have crunchy and flexitarian tendencies. Raised Whovian (and Baptist, for the religious side of things) and I tinker on piano and guitar. I've never been diagnosed with insomnia, but I do struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep. Look at all these things we have in common! Haha

• Like 1

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...