• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rab397

An assassin Monk?

Hey Guys i am still kind of new to the whole nerd fitness thing.
Looking at my background and my current training i am d
efinitely a monk i am still practising shotokan karate on a regular base.

But the call of the assassins is also luring me, they strive for my personal goals and needs. so is it possible to be both a monk and an assassin.
An assassin monk if so to speak.

A lot of us have attributes of more than one guild, but if you're doing the challenges, you just choose 1 to be in for that challenge. I've been in Rangers, adventures, now Monks, just based on what goals I had for that particular challenge. 

but just because you might be focusing on parkour mostly for a a challenge (or whatever other assassin-y thing you'd like) doesn't mean you cant have a practice karate goal in there... 

We're just in the last few days of the challenge but feel free to stop by the Courtyard!

I think I heard that the next challenge is starting Nov 2, and for the first one, you'll be in the recruits (helps you learn how to use the forums/challenges) maybe after that you'll know what direction you want to take 

• Like 1

I'm gonna second what wanderingcavegirl said--it's all about your current goals, but both assassins and monks are cool with you polishing skills other than what strictly defines the guild's interests. In fact, it's darn hard to find a shiny an Assassin won't chase. Go check out both guilds, make friends (LOTS of friends, makes this whole nerd fitnessing thing so much more fun to have a posse), get a feel for the atmosphere of each guild, the choice will come to you. Welcome and good luck!

• Like 1

Hey, just started out today and beginning my first post with a little bit of post-necromancy: I would deem myself definitely a Monk, practising Martial Arts for the better part of a decade.

Looking at the provided quests for Monks and Assassins I could probably check off every Monk quest based on the things I did so far. So I decided to wander around as a Monk and using Assassin as my Nerd Fitness class concerning the quests.

Have I missing out some Monk Goodness if I proceed or is this a feasible solution. What do you advanced martial artists and Rebels do in this case?