Food Addiction

SO today i read a story on the big think website about food addiction. It basicly states that there is a possibility to get addicted to food. personally it was an article that really struck a chord. perhaps it will do the same with some of you guys.

The Article

• Like 1

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

I love Big Think! Their YouTube channel is great. 

And I think Food Addiction is totally a thing. I agree with the article, it's not about willpower, it's about habit. I recently read The Power of Habit and one of the main ideas of that book was the Habit Cycle. Cue, Routine, Reward. How many times do we pass our favourite coffee shop without the intention of buying anything but somehow come out with a coffee in hand anyway? Or when we go to a restaurant/fast food joint and say "I'm going to order the salad" but mindlessly you just blurt out "I'll have the cheeseburger"

The people who design fast food/candy/chips design them with the perfect combination of sugar and fat to keep you coming back. It becomes a habit, our body suddenly goes on cruise control and we do the routine that gives us the most reward: order that cheeseburger, get that latte, sneak that chocolate bar into your groceries.

I think it's such an interesting thing, and I think knowing how these companies try to manipulate you and how you fall into these habits really helps with resisting it. 

I'm actually studying this at the moment as I'm learning about natural healing. Sugar is in everything: bread, milk, spice mixes and more. They list it under different names. Basically anything ending in -ose- is sugar. The best thing anyone can do is (at least in America) to shop the outer aisles of the grocery store and read all ingredient labels.

Your gut actually acts as a second brain and if you don't keep it healthy; you won't be healthy.

I'm considering doing a 21-day cleanse because I still do have sugar in my food choices and it really needs to be gone.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria