12/12/2017

I think that it's official, I'm sub 220 now. At the time of writing this I've been sub 220 consistently for 36 hours. I generally try to weigh myself at the least flattering times, like right before a workout. I may occasionally weigh after but I don't "count" it as I know that water is a huge factor.

Food was pretty good. I did allow myself and iced cookie that my apartment building was giving out to celebrate the holiday season. I enjoyed it and have no regrets. Beyond that, I had a 3 egg scramble in the morning and evening and chili at noon. 

I ran on the the treadmill for an hour, well I didn't run an hour, I was on it for an hour. It was at 5% incline on a program that runs me 5.5 mph for 4 minutes then walks me at 3.5 mph for 3 minutes.

Also, I promised my favorite twentyone pilots video this week:

• Like 6

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

7 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

12/12/2017

I think that it's official, I'm sub 220 now. At the time of writing this I've been sub 220 consistently for 36 hours. I generally try to weigh myself at the least flattering times, like right before a workout. I may occasionally weigh after but I don't "count" it as I know that water is a huge factor.

Food was pretty good. I did allow myself and iced cookie that my apartment building was giving out to celebrate the holiday season. I enjoyed it and have no regrets. Beyond that, I had a 3 egg scramble in the morning and evening and chili at noon. 

I ran on the the treadmill for an hour, well I didn't run an hour, I was on it for an hour. It was at 5% incline on a program that runs me 5.5 mph for 4 minutes then walks me at 3.5 mph for 3 minutes.

Also, I promised my favorite twentyone pilots video this week:

Great song to a sub-par movie. Don’t know why I didn’t seem to like it as much as others seem to. But to each their own.

Congratulations on the sub 220s. Your posts are a nice motivation for me.

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

On 12/13/2017 at 6:00 PM, Bearlee said:

Great song to a sub-par movie. Don’t know why I didn’t seem to like it as much as others seem to. But to each their own.

Yeah, I thought similar. 

Wed, 12/13/2017

Deadlift 375 5 x 2

Cleans 175 5 x 5 ( I mixed in some jerks)

Treadmill 4:00 5% incline, 5.5 mph /3:00 5% incline, 3.5 mph for an hour

Thursday 12/14/2017

I knew I was due for a higher calorie day and that ended up being Thursday. It started at lunch not because I ate off plan but just because the chicken thighs we've gotten lately have been huge so I ended up eating a couple hundred calories more than usual. At supper we had a favorite dish of Laura's eggs with smoked salmon and cream cheese. The cream cheese adds a lot of calories. We have them planned again for this week and I think I might skip the cream cheese in my part.

We had Star Wars tickets with Laura's office mates but she wanted to bail so we did. Laura had wanted to go to the gym but was stressing about work and wanted to bail. So instead we binge watched the last four episodes of Dark. It's my favorite TV series in a very long time. Much better than Stranger Things in my opinion. I would have done the final episode differently but the difference is that my final episode would not have left the door open to a second season, theirs pretty much demands it but I think it cheapens some other things in the first season.

Friday 12/15/207

High food intake continued for a second day, this day was off plan as opposed to Thursday. I weighed myself before bed and am dancing dangerously close to 220 but not over. Breakfast was sufficiently light. I thought abut skipping and maybe should have but I went over to the coffee shop to hang out in the morning and got one of their 300 calorie breakfast burritos. Lunch was at the game shop where I got a beer and burger. The burger was actually really good. I had made a pork shoulder for supper and was just going to pick but Laura wanted to go to my favorite restaurant so I instead had Beef Bolognese with spaghetti squash as the carb part. 

I was off on Friday but we're doing an upgrade at work so I did check in on some status calls. I ended up having an amazing day. The time at the coffee shop was nice because I worked on a Python problem. I came back and met Kristjian for a kettlebell workout. Afterwards I headed to the game shop and met old coworkers there for about 3 hours. Finally I came home, walked the dog then Laura and I decided that since access to our building by car will be difficult Saturday (holiday events) we would do our running around then which included the dinner out, Target and groceries. 

workout

Snatch 24 kgs 2/2,1 , 2/2, 1, 1/1

Clean and Press 20 kg 1/1,1, 1/1, 1, 0:30/0:30

Push Press 20 kg 1/1

Jerk 20 kg 1/1

We were playing around with pentathlon programming. I kept pushing for more volume but she resisted

I had hoped to get some cardio in but I just ran out of time. Laura had talked about hitting the gym in the evening so I thought I might do it then but if you read above, you know that didn't happen

Today

We slept in a bit and I made up breakfast sandwiches for breakfast. Lunch will be pork and mashed sweet potatoes that I made for yesterday. Supper, I don't recall right now.

Laura had wanted to work out this morning but is stressing about her work holiday party so I agreed to wave it off. I'm not supposed to go help tonight like I have every year so I plan to work out then but 50:50 odds I get pulled in to help with the holiday party. 

• Like 4

YOur restaurant had spaghetti squash as an option? That would be amazing. We have some that offer gf pasta, but it still ends up being a carb fest then, so we rarely do Italian.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

YOur restaurant had spaghetti squash as an option? That would be amazing. We have some that offer gf pasta, but it still ends up being a carb fest then, so we rarely do Italian.

Yeah, it's the gluten-free place that we like so much. They actually don't offer Beef Bolognese with pasta. For their curry and shwarma the offer rice or riced cauliflower. It's nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Yeah, it's the gluten-free place that we like so much. They actually don't offer Beef Bolognese with pasta. For their curry and shwarma the offer rice or riced cauliflower. It's nice. 

That's fantastic.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I did not get pulled into the Holiday part on Saturday which was awesome. I got to just stay home.

I even worked out

Long Cycle 24 kg 5 rep EMOM x 10

Circuit 

Snatch 24 kg 12 Left

Snatch 24 kg 12 Right

Burpee 5

5 rounds, 1:00 each

I then hopped on the treadmill at 5%

5:00 3.5 mph

10:00 5.5 mph

5:00 5.5 mph

5:00 5.5 mph

It's really interesting to me that  the treadmill seems more challenging on the same settings in the apartment gym than in the YWCA.  It doesn't feel like I'm doing the work of the treadmill, I just suspect it either runs a little faster of that the 5% is more of an incline. 

Sunday - no workout. I had to do work stuff in the morning. I did have some time because one of the meetings got cancelled but I had already decided I didn't have time and decisions like that carry inertia. Breakfast was a breakfast sandwich then we had "lupper" of nachoes.

Monday - Technically off today but I worked about half a day. I tried to convince myself to go workout at noon but I took a nap instead. Tonight we bought a DiGornio pizza and ate it. We rarely eat pizza but when we do we usually get something small. We were at Target last weekend though and Laura said she felt like something trashy so we got a stuffed crust pizza. We ate it and were both marvelling at how 900 calories (that's 1/2 pizza) of meat and veggies would seem daunting to eat in one sitting, pizza though, we're not even an hour later and bth of us barely feel like we had supper. 

Tomorrow is time to get back to sane eating. I'm betting tonight or tomorrow am I crest 220, if only briefly.

Plan for the week

• Tuesday - slightly early workout, maybe I'll just go down to the apartment gym and hit the kettlebells
  • Wednesday - Time to crush myself at the Y. I may actually take one of their classes since one coincides with when I'll be there. Then cardio after
  • Thursday - Arkham Horror night - no workout
  • Friday - gym time, barbell time I think
  • Saturday - Laura has to sing in the afternoon. Sounds like gym time tome
  • Sunday - Laura has singing pretty from about 11 onward so gym time? I think that the Y is closed so it'll be apartment gym time

Video for the week. This song was my intro to the Danish band Volbeat. I really enjoy that the story of this song is that it's Dedicate to a Danish boxer who was apparently revered highly. It's just kind of cool.

• Like 4

I find that even when I don't post, you can tell how things are going just by my lack of posting.

Tuesday - no workout. Laura wanted to skip her yoga class so we were going to go later, at our usual time. Then we both fell asleep. So, no.

Wednesday - Laura has started doing an early yoga class on Wednesdays and it's at the same time as a circuit training class that some of our friends love. So I decided to join the circuit training class. The guy had (I'm not exaggerating)17 different stations. It was tire flipping, band curls, wall ball and a ton of other just random stuff. It was, if I recall, 1 minute on, 30 seconds off. I pushed myself hard and got my heart running along. We then got a break and he pulled a couple stations, changed a couple and we did it again with 30 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Each one was too short to really be meaningful.

I didn't hate the class but I don't think I will repeat it. It was definitely of the mindset, moving just to move. I didn't feel like I was working towards anything other than wasting an hour. When people complain about exercise feeling meaningless, this is what I typically think of.

I tried to hop on the treadmill afterward but it was being uncooperative. Actually, I just picked the wrong program. I picked a cardio program that had like five different levels of effort and I thought that it would be like the other program I do, where I can set what each level means and it would remember whenever it came up again, nope. So after fighting the machine for 20 minutes, I called it. 

Thursday - Arkham Horror night. None of us had to work the next day so we played two scenarios which took about four hours. It was fun but when 10 p'clock rolls around I want to be at home. 

We're playing the Dunwich Legacy cycle. If you've ever read or listened to The Dunwich Horror, it's very much in the sprit of that.Ol' William Whatley is trying to get his hands on The Necronomicon. Last night we played Extracirricular Activities in which Henry Armitage asks us to help find one of his colleagues at Miskatonic University. We didn't find him. I happen to know because I set up the scenario that we never could have. 

The second scenario was Miskatonic Museum. The idea is that Armitage placed the Necronomicon there for safe keeping and now we need to get it. I knew, going in, that my character would be virtually useless in this scenario but tried to not let that influence my play. I think it worked out ok.

• Like 3

Friday

Clean and Jerk 185, 1 rep per 30 seconds for 5 minutes

Snatch OHS 105 5 x 3

Back Squat 275 5 x 5

It ended up being kind of a short workout but I enjoyed it

Saturday

Sunday

Clean and Thruster 24 kg x 2 30:00

0 - 10 5 RPM

11 - 15 4 RPM

16 - 25 3 RPM

26 - 30 2 RPM

TRX Row 25 reps

TRX Squat 25 resp

5 rounds

I've been kind of incommunicado lately because I found a website, dataquest, that I have been throwing a lot of time at. It's been a great exploration of Python, leading into data science work. I like it but it's consuming a lot of my online time and energy.

Today was Christmas. In many ways it was the least Christmas ever but I don't mind. We didn't decorate and we didn't travel to visit family nor they to us and gifts all arrived a couple weeks early. 

Living in an apartment building it has been extremely interesting to see how many people leave. It was a ghost town around here today. I can see a couple other apartment and condo buildings around here and looking at how much darker they have been the last couple nights has been fascinating. 

My only frustration was when I tried to walk to the grocery store yesterday and found everything shut. I ended up finding a pizza hut that was open and eating wings. 

Our older dog, Bernadette, is not doing well. We've known for a while that the tumor she currently has is the beginning of the end but it has really flared up recently and it's been growing and looking red for the past week. We upped her meds but it doesn't seem to be helping. At this point we're just trying to understand how she is doing. She seems to be sleeping less but isn't acting like she's in agony. We're trying to balance her discomfort versus having her with us as long as possible.

IMG_0884.thumb.jpg.720635c391be8364bddfb7549e47568a.jpg

• Like 4

This post sounds like the beginning of a Christmas crime spree next year. :devilish:

Too bad about Bernadette. It's so hard making decisions at time like this. Trying to balance between your feelings and what's good for the dog. I haven't heard you talk about it and may not be an issue but the cost of prolonging a life versus quality of life is also an agonizing decision. My uncle recently had to make that decision and decided his quality of life was not what he wanted and he turned off his oxygen (after being put in a coma from morphine) but he was able to communicate his wishes, dogs aren't able to do the same.

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

Pets are so hard near the end. I've oddly been shielded from that my entire life, despite always having pets around (either my own or others). I remember my parents talking about how they would spend 5 minutes mashing food into a lick-able paste and then holding the plate in front of the cat for 20-30 minutes for one of the cats we had growing up near the end. So brutal. Sorry sir. Hopefully you get all the time you guys need with Bernadette.

On 12/25/2017 at 10:41 PM, Bearlee said:

Too bad about Bernadette. It's so hard making decisions at time like this. Trying to balance between your feelings and what's good for the dog. I haven't heard you talk about it and may not be an issue but the cost of prolonging a life versus quality of life is also an agonizing decision. My uncle recently had to make that decision and decided his quality of life was not what he wanted and he turned off his oxygen (after being put in a coma from morphine) but he was able to communicate his wishes, dogs aren't able to do the same.

On 12/27/2017 at 1:44 PM, Rooks said:

Pets are so hard near the end. I've oddly been shielded from that my entire life, despite always having pets around (either my own or others). I remember my parents talking about how they would spend 5 minutes mashing food into a lick-able paste and then holding the plate in front of the cat for 20-30 minutes for one of the cats we had growing up near the end. So brutal. Sorry sir. Hopefully you get all the time you guys need with Bernadette.

Well, she's stabilized a bit. We changed up her medicine and my career as a pharmacy tech has been helpful as I'm a master pill cutter, quartering pills for her. She still has a massive tumor but it's less inflamed. Laura and I were seriously google articles on how to know when it's time the euthanize your pet. We love her and want her around but we also don't want to prolong her suffering and were really asking ourselves if we had crossed that bridge. Right now we both feel securely on the good side of that bridge but we also know that we're at it and not getting away. This is the second time in a couple months that we've really started to ask that question. Right now we think she'll make it through January but we aren't making any big plans for her beyond that.

We had a hedgehog years ago who, one day, just had his tongue straight up explode. Hedgehogs aren't super common so the vets had no idea what was up. We later learned that his kidneys had given out and the ureic acid built up in his blood stream and the skin of the tongue is prone to rupture because there's so much blood and such thin skin there. Laura just knew that she found him one day with blood everywhere, in pain. I did the thing that @Rooks described of mashing his food into a paste and feeding him via syringe every 4 hours for a week before we knew what was up and it was time to put him down.

When Bernie goes, I hope we don't got that far, of force feeding her. In fact, I know we won't because we know what's going on in her case. Regardless, I'll be useless for days. We've had her for over 10 years, the longest I've ever had a pet. She's been an awesome dog and still is even though she's ancient now with a tumor with its own zip code.

I have had all week off and it's been awesome. Despite that, I haven't worked out a ton

Wednesday

Deadlifts up to 275 6 x 2

Deadlifts (double overhand) 225 3 x 10

Push Press 155 5 x 5

Straight Leg Deadlifts 225 3 x 10

TRX circuit x 5

press x 20

row x 20

tricep extension x 10

bicep curl x 10 

My next workout will probably be tomorrow, although I may go jog/walk today. Or maybe not

I had planned on checking in at work at some point over my week off and I have done absolutely none of that. Laura was home Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with me and we mostly bummed around together, like we are wont to do. We went to friends' house for snacking and chatting on Christmas (Monday). Tuesday we ran some basic errands. Wednesday we hit up Ikea. Yesterday three out of the four of us who are playing the Arkham Horror campaign got together for a little side quest. Today, I'm meeting someone, which I'll talk more about in a second.

One other thing I did just in my spare time is, I picked up a side-gig. I like resolutions, both at New Years but also at other times. My birthday is in July so I like to use the new year and my birthday as check in points to look at my goals and realign them. At my last birthday I made a list of a few things and one was to pick up a handful of side jobs between last birthday and next. Using sites like Fivr and Upwork you can hire someone to do almost any random task but also you can be hired by people to do random tasks. I planned to be the latter. 

My goal with finding a side gig is a few things. I want to start to play in this economy to ask myself if I could turn this into my primary source of income. It also lets me look for work that interests me as opposed to doing what is assigned to me. In this case, I wanted to do something using Python. I've been just periodically checking into this economy from time to time and I've found that there is a huge need that I think is perfectly suited to Python and other "light automation" tools. Specifically, there are a shocking number of jobs for people to copy text from one format to another, I focused on PDF to Excel but there are others. 

I signed up for a few of the gigs and had one show some interest back. He sent me a 20 page sample of the 2,000 pages of PDF that he was offering $100 for someone to pick through and copy out the customer info, spend info, and last service date info. I knew that he'd never find someone to do the work for the price. I knew that even for me I'd probably make less than $10/hour automating it but it seemed like exactly the kind of job that I could take to build experience and cred. 

So I spent probably 10-12 hours writing a program that would do exactly what he wanted. I ran into all kinds of challenges, some that were just my level of experience and some that were technical in nature but I got the program done. I posted it on a Python forum I participate in for feedback and it was overwhelmingly positive. Not that it's the best piece of code ever but just for putting myself out there. So far the only piece missing is, now that I sent him back the results of the sample run, I need him to confirm that I have the job and send me the full 2,000 page PDF. I'm sure that something new will pop up once I have it. However, I'm really happy with myself for doing that.

I mentioned that the Arkham Horror guys and I got together. In the Arkham Horror Card Game universe there are campaigns that, at least so far, last 8 adventures. There are a couple adventures that they have released that are unaffiliated to a campaign. You spend XP from the campaign to add them in. When you play a side quest you take all the risks of getting your character damaged but you can also be rewarded with more XP and new assets. Since one of us couldn't make it, we decided to try this.

We met yesterday to play The Curse of the Rougarou, you're basically hunting a bog werewolf. We had our main clue person there, and me, our main monster killer. One of our swing people was there, the other was the person who couldn't make it. 

The super short version is, things looked really bleak early on as we got hit with some bad draws and struggled to find traction. However,  stuck to my strength of grabbing monsters and mashing them, this kept our clue person free to focus on that. Our swing person ended up being a bit of a punching bag for the game. Pretty early in this mission, dealing damage intelligently becomes a priority. I was able to do this. When it became obvious that we needed our swing person to step in, I was able to free him up and let him do his thing. He was able to bounce the monster back to me andI mopped it up. We netted one asset and one XP. Considering how close we felt we were to losing it, that was a stingy payout. I think we were all questioning if we made the right choice. 

Then we played Lovecraft Letter which started slow but eventually turned into a lot of fun.

Ok, no one tell @Bearlee, seriously, top secret. I'm going to meet with the Scoutmaster of my local Boy Scout troop today, for lunch. The topic is me becoming an adult volunteer for the troop.

I don't think I talk about it a ton but it's also no secret that I went through the whole Cub Scout/Boy Scout thing, all the way up through my Eagle Scout award. It was a significant part of my young life. I have lots of really positive memories and I think I benefited from it. For that reason, when we moved to Minnesota I seriously considered joining a troop as a volunteer. I just never did. 

Well, Laura started poking me about it, which is kind of funny because she is generally kind of derisive about my years as a Boy Scout. Well, I took the hint and reached out the troop and said i just kind of wanted to talk about it. The Scoutmaster got back to me and was pretty excited and is very proud of his troop (in an appropriate way). So we're meeting for lunch today where I'll pick his brain more about scouts from the adult perspective. Regardless, I think I'm going to the January 8th troop meeting. 

Tonight we're meeting friends for drinks and dinner. We have a long weekend where it's supposed to be sub-zero every day. We're trying to make plans to just hide out in the apartment all weekend which I'm pretty happy about. Next week I have Monday off for he new year but I'm planning to get back to normal life including working all-day, hitting the gym, planning meals and so on. Also, I'm like a month away from flying to Amsterdam, how cool is that?

Here is a YouTube only gameshow that I absolutely love. It's aggressively British and painfully nerdy but I laugh out loud during every episode:

• Like 4

Cool. I think you'll make a good scoutmaster. Let me know when you're having a pancake breakfast. I'm trying to talk up cub scouts to the boy, but he isn't interested. I may just make him join.

Here's an another volunteer gig you may or may not be interested in - a guy is running a 5e game once a month for high functioning Asperger kids and needs more DMs. I saw it on the Twin Cities geeks FB group.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

11 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Cool. I think you'll make a good scoutmaster. Let me know when you're having a pancake breakfast. I'm trying to talk up cub scouts to the boy, but he isn't interested. I may just make him join.

Here's an another volunteer gig you may or may not be interested in - a guy is running a 5e game once a month for high functioning Asperger kids and needs more DMs. I saw it on the Twin Cities geeks FB group.

I can honestly say that I have never thought of myself as a scoutmaster. Even when I was a scout, it just never occurred to me. After talking Ted, the scoutmaster, today, I'm totally going to be an assistant scoutmaster. My troop will be troop 33. Any early project will likely be fixing their website. I'm going to miss a couple camp outs early on but this will become a regular part of my life.

I was a bit concerned going in about the Boy Scouts I grew up with (lots of rough housing, a certain amount of "character building' and so on) not working in the modern era. It sounds like this troop has preserved a great deal of this, possibly even expanded on it. I'm interested in seeing it in action.

My first meeting is January 8th. I need to submit to a background check and some character references to get in. 

I'm going to pass on GMing for right now only because I'm really risking being overbooked. If you see me start to have more down time, please feel free to bring this up again. I love the idea of it. 

• Like 5

Yeah, the site has a very 90’s feel to it. It’s funny how all the scout troops are so different. I’ll be interested to hear how yours does things.

My wife hires a guy to run a gaming group to give Aspy kids and nerd kids a chance to socialize. It’s working really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Very awesome that you are goingto be an assistant scoutmaster. It is really important that guys have good mentors, and I am sure you will be a good one.

On 12/29/2017 at 8:55 PM, The Most Loathed said:

My first meeting is January 8th. I need to submit to a background check and some character references to get in. 

Times have changed.  Just had to be breathing to be a scout master when I was young.  Probably a good thing though.

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

On 12/30/2017 at 3:35 AM, LouCarJo said:

What’s aggressively British?!  (Besides what I just typed!)

They are :)

It's not just the accent, the subject matter, the entire manner of conversation. I enjoy that show but I realized that a lot of Americans would find it off putting.

On 12/29/2017 at 9:15 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Yeah, the site has a very 90’s feel to it. It’s funny how all the scout troops are so different. I’ll be interested to hear how yours does things.

On 12/29/2017 at 9:20 PM, Elastigirl said:

Very awesome that you are goingto be an assistant scoutmaster. It is really important that guys have good mentors, and I am sure you will be a good one.

On 1/2/2018 at 8:06 PM, peelout said:

Times have changed.  Just had to be breathing to be a scout master when I was young.  Probably a good thing though.

This should be an interesting adventure. 

Times have definitely changed in who can be a youth leader. It's a bit surprising that organizations like the scouts continue to exist given the added scrutiny. 

Sunday I got a workout in in our apartment gym. I did kettlebell work for a 1/2 hour then jogged at 3% incline, 5.5 mph for 45 minutes

Monday I went to the climbing gym for a couple hours with my friend.

Tuesday

snatch 24 kg 1:00/1:00,1:00 x 5

long cycle 20 kg x 2 0:30, 0:30 x 10

I wrapped up with some windmills and TGUs

Tonight I planned to hit the gym but Laura is coming down with a cold so we stayed in and ordered Indian

Tomorrow is Arkham Horror night

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

Monday I went to the climbing gym for a couple hours with my friend.

Didn't know you climbed.  Got into that for about 2 yrs, mostly as a way to spend time together w/ my son.  Also went Rock climbing a few times.  Didn't take long for my son to quickly surpass me.  Fun sport.

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

On 04/01/2018 at 2:15 AM, The Most Loathed said:

They are :)

It's not just the accent, the subject matter, the entire manner of conversation. I enjoy that show but I realized that a lot of Americans would find it off putting.

I only watched a bit as the subject matter wasn’t really for me but the humour reminded me of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_Stars_(TV_series). I’ve been trying to find my favourite clip but seeing as I’m going off memory to search for it, I haven’t been able to.

On 12/29/2017 at 8:55 PM, The Most Loathed said:

I can honestly say that I have never thought of myself as a scoutmaster. Even when I was a scout, it just never occurred to me. After talking Ted, the scoutmaster, today, I'm totally going to be an assistant scoutmaster. My troop will be troop 33. Any early project will likely be fixing their website. I'm going to miss a couple camp outs early on but this will become a regular part of my life.

I was a bit concerned going in about the Boy Scouts I grew up with (lots of rough housing, a certain amount of "character building' and so on) not working in the modern era. It sounds like this troop has preserved a great deal of this, possibly even expanded on it. I'm interested in seeing it in action.

Scouting is as important now as it ever was for youth. Well done on stepping up. I've taken up Cubmaster for my sons Pack here in Cottage Grove this year. It's something I'll be doing after he moves up to Boy Scouts in February and completely worth my time. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Oh man, get them on Troop WebHost. http://www.troopwebhost.com/

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge