Funny enough, last night, Jitters Junior mentioned helping you guys out. He was pretty proud of how he was able to help and has been a big help with all my projects since then. 

The realtors may say the garage isn't something most people care about, but a lot do. It was a selling feature for our new place, for sure and it's one that my brothers all make note of. Only one is a car guy, but the others like to know that it can be more than just storage. 

Hope things go well for the rest of the buildings you and Laura look at. Let me know when you need help moving. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

18 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

I'm trying to delay until that day but it'll happen eventually. The first time is cool, every time after that is frustrating, assuming it follows the pattern of coding.

I have an incredibly dumb electronics question. I framed it to Laura as such: If I hand you a battery with the poles marked (+ and -), where does the electricity come out?

Not a strange question at all, actually up until about a year ago I thought about it all wrong. Thought the + was an abundance of energy going to a lower state -. What is really happening is that there is an abundance of electrons on one end that creates negative ions (-) and the other end has a lack of electrons causing positive ions (+), since it is the electrons that flow the electricity moves from the negative to the positive. Which of course only applies to DC (direct current) like batteries.

It' not strange that you'll miss the garage. When I get my next house I want to look for a good garage, one I have now is so narrow that passengers can't get out at the same time so passenger side people have to get out before entering the garage. Perhaps it's an Iowegian thing. I realized that I don't think I could move to the coasts since I like basements also. Don't know what it is about those utilitary areas that I like so much. Perhaps because they are hidey holes or an area that is yours that only you like. Though for as many workouts you did there and probably contemplating while out there I could see why you would miss it.

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

6 hours ago, Bearlee said:

Not a strange question at all, actually up until about a year ago I thought about it all wrong. Thought the + was an abundance of energy going to a lower state -. What is really happening is that there is an abundance of electrons on one end that creates negative ions (-) and the other end has a lack of electrons causing positive ions (+), since it is the electrons that flow the electricity moves from the negative to the positive. Which of course only applies to DC (direct current) like batteries.

My assumption is as you describe, that the energy comes from a negatively charged place and flows to a positively charged one. In the case of the classic LED blink, I assume it goes power source -> resistor -> LED - > ground, flowing negative to positive, meaning also that I assume the anode is the inbound side of the LED and the cathode (longer leg) is outbound. However this, this, this, and more suggest that is not the case. 

Last eve was frustrating. We ended up not getting much done and both in a bad mood. 

I'm not sure if I'll get a workout in tonight or not but I'm not counting on it.

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Spoiler

4a758b82501fca33e35469344b9337ed.jpg

8b7e327ef5649d3a0b0c391486f58617.jpg

a7ff358267e54ccd8c8602b30858d933.jpg

fc3f08663b4cfefa0cf16c0f88f55b7c.jpg

Sorry for this post, I have pictures from my electronics book that may explain what you are asking better. Would hide the pictures but don't know how to do that in Tapatalk. Hopefully you can read them.

Got back in and edited so the pictures are in the spoiler and not messing up your thread.

Viking Adventurer

Thanks for sharing the pages from your book. What book is that?

It's interesting to learn that at one time it was thought that the source was positive. I came up through chemistry so in my mind electricity negative because I can't not think of it as electrons.

Let's see, what did I do on Thursday? Not a ton. We went and got paint for the basement

I had Friday off because I needed to take the girls to the vet. Mostly good news there. Then I took something like 13 cans of paint and 5 computers to the hazardous waste facility. Most of the paint was left behind by the previous owners of the house. They appear to have been fans of repainting things. That experience was extremely smooth and I was very happy with it. 

I went out for lunch at the fried fish place in the park. I enjoyed a beer and eating catfish outside. I came home and painted two sections of the basement walls. It was time to walk the dogs by the time I was done. 

Today I'm meeting with Kristjian soon for our juggling workout. Juggling is fun and all but I've never tried to base workouts around it and I think that unless you're really serious (I'm not) it's best just as an afterthought. After that we're visiting two, maybe three, apartments for tours. Tonight we're going out for drinks with friends. Today I plan to do a little more painting downstairs, as much as I can do 

Tomorrow I thing I'm going to go after the kitchen. We weren't able to get the paint that the previous owners used. So I'm not sure if I need to repaint all the cabinets or if I can find somewhere to cut it off. Unfortunately they wrap around two walls of the kitchen so I think I have to redo them all which doesn't make me super happy. 

I don't have a specific plan for Monday but assume I'm painting something or moving furniture. 

No electronics playing in the last couple days but I'll get some more done this weekend. I'm tempted to get out my Python board and play with it. The Python board is similar to the Arduino board except it uses a different language to do it's thing. Also, I keep thinking I need to look up how a lot of the different units of measure in electricity work. I know that there are Amps, Volts, Hertz but there's also Ohms and some others and I don't yet grasp how they are all related. 

• Like 3

Saturday was good. We did about 45 minutes of juggling practice which is a lot of kettlebell juggling. It's getting to a place where I don't really know how to progress us any further. I know that there are other things that neither of us know how to do but I don't know the road from here to there. I would be ok with parking juggling for a while but we'll see.

We managed to see several apartments spread across two different buildings. First we saw 110 Grant. Laura has a coworker who lives there and loves it. They are some of the taller apartments in the area and some of the open apartments are higher up, yielding really cool views. The building feels a little older but the apartments are nice. We also looked at the Eitel building. I really liked the open lay outs (my one gripe about Grant is that they are too closed) but they were more expensive with fewer things rolled up in the rent. They have changed management companies 3 times in 5 years which gives me pause. We also dropped into Loring Park Apartments since they hadn't gotten back to us on our attempts to contact them. Our massage therapist lives there and loves it. We learned that they hadn't gotten back to us because they have nothing to show, currently everything is occupied. They do have one apartment that they have been given notice on. They're going to try to arrange to let us see it even though it's still occupied. 

Laura and I have discussed it multiple times since. We both would be happy to live in 110 Grant. We're both bothered by a few things about Eitel. It would be fine if it was only up against those apartments we looked at last Tuesday but when compared with 110 Grant, it's a pass. We're both holding out hope that Loring Park will be even better than Grant. If it is, we'd like to get a hold of that apartment, if not, Grant will be our pick. 

Saturday's dinner and drinks with friends was awesome. We went to Norseman Distillery which should have been packed but but since all Minnesotans leave town for their cabin on Memorial Day weekend, we were able to have our choice of tables. I've bought Norseman alcohol before and been unimpressed but their mixed drinks were awesome. They, of course, had overpriced food on the menu. Our friends ordered a cheese pizza with an assortment of hot sauces, which sounds kind of dumb but was a-MAZZZE-ing. We ordered a second. There could not have a been a more DINK evening. Two couples spending 2.5 hours and $50 per person to talk about one couples France trip and one couples arbitrary decision to get out of a house and into an apartment. It's times like this that I feel super lucky to live my life but also a little crappy about how frivolous it is. 

Sunday I got busy rearranging the basement. It was getting impossible to move around down there for all the different groupings of stuff. I started to shift all the garage sale stuff into the, now empty, cold storage room and all the boxed move stuff to the alcove I already painted. There isn't much in the later group yet but It will grow.

Monday (Memorial Day) we started the staging. We're still a few weeks out but I figured we should get the big room rearranges out of the way. We added a couple items to the living room and sent pictures to the realtor. We moved the TV room down to the guest room and the guest room upstairs to the TV room. Laura was fussing over getting it exactly right. I made the point that most people will look at each of these rooms for 5 minutes, tops. So it needs to stand up to 5 minutes of scrutiny, not hours. so when we're worried if we want "this bookcase" or "that bookcase" we've probably already invested too much time. Pick one and move on.

Over the weekend Laura started to lobby that we take my parents up on their offer of help with move/prep. I don't like doing this for a couple reasons. First, I don't think that we actually need the help and I'm not convinced that the effort I will put into managing two additional people will be worth the gain. Second, I know that she's doing it because of my dad's skills as a carpenter but I also know that the work that we have left is stupid grunt work, not befitting a carpenter and if we had carpentry left I'd pay a carpenter rather than try to make a family member do it for free. Third, I know that she'd be the first among us to riot if they called us and asked us to drop a weekend coming to help them and  I think it's really disingenuous for us to ask the same. But, I did. So, they are coming in two weeks. It will be helpful, there is no doubt but now I also need to plan to feed and entertain them some, which I have mixed feelings about. 

I did spend a little time playing with electronics this weekend. I woke up every morning before I knew Laura would get up. I walked the dogs, fed them, made some coffee and settled down to play with electronics. I got as far as running a servo motor. The next section is sensor which I am excited for.

Back in elementary school we made circuits. The Science Teacher....I can't recall his last name anymore, Ernie was his first name, my dad had him for science class when he was in school, at the same school. Anyway, he had some set with light bulbs, AA batteries and wires and we made series and parallel circuits. We learned that if you put the batteries in series, the light got brighter, if you used fewer batteries and put the bulbs in parallel, they all got dimmer. That was about the extent of it. My impression of hobby electronics until not all that long ago is, that is where you started and you may someday get to micro controllers but they were difficult to set up and use so it was  lot of physical switches and so on.

At some point though, people started making these prebuilt boards, Arduino being the most popular example these days, that had a microcrontroller built in and a pretty standard set in input and output pins. Having all of the boards standardize and be open source meant that people could write software that interacts with them consistently and this changed hobby electronics forever. Arduino had a C complier so I can very easily tell it to turn on pin 9 (any number for 0-25 or 40 depending on the board). That pin now generates 5 volts of energy. I can put a wire in it and lead it to a light source then ground it back to the board. Congratulations, I now have a $20-$40 AA battery.

However, having the ability to put down a few pages of code means I can do a whole lot more. An easy next step is to tell the board to count milliseconds and turn on pin 9 when it hits 500 milliseconds then count 500 more and turn it off. I have now made my light blink. This could still be done with electrical components that cost pocket change. Not a good ROI. It makes more sense when I start adding LCD screens or servos. However, sensors make even more. Without a microcontroller a sensor can detect something (let's say motion) and send energy to do something else, like turn on a light or an alarm. With a microcontroller the sensor can do those things but it can also start to store some of that info or it an even make decisions. Maybe it detects movement but unless it detects 5 seconds of movement it doesn't do anything and once it stops detecting movement for 5 seconds, it stops doing the thing. This is very easily done with modern microcrontrollers and still in the grasp of a beginner like me. 

I have a second board (the first being the Arduino), a Python board. These are still relatively new and it remains to be seen if they will become a part of the ecosystem. I started playing with my Python board as well. There are a couple differences. They Python board is less effecient, I need more space to store the same sized program because it's stored as plain text on the board and compiled at run time where the Arduino requires a separate computer to compile it and stores it as machine code on the board. That also means that I can see what code I saved to the Python board just by pulling it back off, a compiled C type board doesn't allow for this. It also means I can leverage all the standard Python libraries. I could, theoretically, store a spreadsheet on the board and have the sensors access the spreadsheet directly to compare some value and do something based on that value, something Arduino would need an entire separate device for. 

I hope that Python boards become the standard for teaching new entrants to electronics. I think the ramp up is much easier and it translates more directly to other programming that they may learn. It's got a ways to go though so we'll see.

Speaking of Python, I realized that I'm overdue for updating @Rookson my Python calendar thing:

##Read only files that are where all the reports are stored reportFileLoc = r'D:\file\path\filename.xlsx' reports = pandas.read_excel(reportFileLoc) ##Writeable file where I store the most recent pull date paramFileLoc = r'D:\file\path\file_name.txt' def updateLastRunDate (newDate,filepath): with open(filepath,'w') as writeableFile: writeableFile.write('Last Report Date = ' + newDate) writeableFile.close() return True reportsToPrint = pandas.DataFrame(data=None, columns=reports.columns,index=None) reportsToPrint['referenceDate']='' if useCalendar == 'Y': ###Get Previous Last Run Date paramFile = open(paramFileLoc, 'r') paramText = paramFile.readlines() for line in paramText: workVar = line.split(" = ",1) if workVar[0].strip(' \t\n\r') == 'Last Report Date': lastRun = workVar[1] print('Last Run Date ', lastRun) #else: #eventually other parameters can be read here paramFile.close() ###End Previous Last Run Date ###Generate list of dates to be run datesDF = pandas.date_range (start = lastRun, end = currentDate) #print(datesDF) for dateVal in datesDF: ###NOTE: I'm pretty sure that the following can be dramatically simplified, possibly into single statement but for the moment I'm leaving it ###pulling in blank dataframe of reports dayOfWeek = dateVal.strftime('%A') ###look for weekly reports #print(reports[reports.Timing == dayOfWeek]) tempDF = reports[reports.Timing == dayOfWeek] if len(tempDF > 0): tempDF['referenceDate']=dateVal.date() reportsToPrint = reportsToPrint.append(tempDF) tempDF.empty ##look for monthly reports. These will need to be cutomized as new reporting periods get added #reportsToPrint = reportsToPrint.append(reports[reports.Timing == dateVal.day]) tempDF = reports[reports.Timing == dateVal.day] if len(tempDF > 0): tempDF['referenceDate']=dateVal.date() reportsToPrint = reportsToPrint.append(tempDF) tempDF.empty ##look for Once reports #reportsToPrint = reportsToPrint.append(reports[reports.Timing == dateVal]) tempDF = reports[reports.Timing == dateVal] if len(tempDF > 0): tempDF['referenceDate']=dateVal.date() reportsToPrint = reportsToPrint.append(tempDF) tempDF.empty ###ending code snippet here because I have now generate a dataframe called reportsToPrint that lists every report that needs to be run since the last run and what day it's associate with. The remaining code runs the reports as driven by this dataframe

If you click on that spoiler tag, you get a page of Python. It works extremely well to figure out, based on the date which reports need to be run. I run it everyday and let it do all the work. The input you provided was super helpful.

Ok, enough yapping for now

Tonight is a workout with Kristjian, the rest of the week is garage sale prep. 

My updates will likely remain sparse until things settle down a bit. 

• Like 4

On 5/27/2017 at 8:32 AM, The Most Loathed said:

Thanks for sharing the pages from your book. What book is that?

It's interesting to learn that at one time it was thought that the source was positive. I came up through chemistry so in my mind electricity negative because I can't not think of it as electrons.

The book is called Electronic Communication by Shrader which is the gold standard for electronic books. It's the one book I used throughout my electronics training and still keep at work for the occasional browse. Now to be honest every electronic technician I know, including myself, thinks about and troubleshoots circuits like the energy is coming from the positive side. If I remember correctly my electronics teacher said don't think about the electrons moving but follow where the holes (particles with a missing electron) flow. Which is why in an earlier post I said I always thought the flow was from positive to negative.

Love your explanation about your electronic inquiries. I may have to get one of those boards but don't know what kind of project I would like to do. Perhaps I'll bust out the Lego Mindstorms again and play with the programming for that to get some ideas.

Viking Adventurer

5 hours ago, Bearlee said:

The book is called Electronic Communication by Shrader which is the gold standard for electronic books. It's the one book I used throughout my electronics training and still keep at work for the occasional browse. Now to be honest every electronic technician I know, including myself, thinks about and troubleshoots circuits like the energy is coming from the positive side. If I remember correctly my electronics teacher said don't think about the electrons moving but follow where the holes (particles with a missing electron) flow. Which is why in an earlier post I said I always thought the flow was from positive to negative.

Love your explanation about your electronic inquiries. I may have to get one of those boards but don't know what kind of project I would like to do. Perhaps I'll bust out the Lego Mindstorms again and play with the programming for that to get some ideas.

I added the text book to my Amazon wishlist where I just store items of interest. I'll likely pick up a copy.

Arduino boards are pretty cheap. I assume you already have breadboards and resistors and all that so it should be pretty easy to get started. If you don't have all the bits just laying around, grab a starter kit. I did this one but doing a robot one instead would be fun for someone like you who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do.

13 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

Still kettle belling away huh!?

Always but enough about me, how are you?

05/30/2017

Kristjian came over and brought a workout with her.

Jerk 28 kg x 2, 2:00, 2:00 x 2

Jerk 24 kg x 2, 2:00

Jerk 20 kg 4:00 *

Bump + Jerk 24 kg 2:00. 2:00

Snatch 28 kg 2:00, 2:00 x 3

Glove Snatch 20 kg 4:00

Swing Snatch 24 kg 4:00 **

*The four minute jerk set was a mess. I think I ended up doing 2 minutes with both bells then dropped to one bell for a minute each to finish

**rather than switch at the 2:00 mark I ended up switching at 1:30 then 3:00 and finishing with 30 seconds on each hand

Tonight is breakfast burrittos and garage sale prep. I'm going to start hauling things out to the garage to stage them for the sale proper. Also, I need to run by home depot and buy smoke alarms before inspection. I checked ours and they don't work. I changed the batteries, still don't work.

I didn't do any electronics last night but put a new Python module called OpenCV on my laptop. It's used in a lot of visual analysis applications. I want to start working on the script to read the face of a die. I plan to eventually incorporate it in a physical device that rolls a die and reads it. It's not something that anyone needs but I like the idea.

Also, check out this guy who is using Python to sort Lego bricks.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

Always but enough about me, how are you?

As good as I can be, good to be back though!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

05/31/2017

not much to report. We ended up going to Home Depot for 12 bags of mulch, 4 smoke detectors and more basement paint but we didn't buy the last one. When I bought the basement paint before I just grabbed a can, not realizing that a choice existed. The guy pointed out that they have flat and satin. I didn't really need it so I figured I'd wait to get it when I've verified what I've been using so far. 

Tonight we go see what is probably our last apartment. This place didn't have any open ones to show so they were going to show us one that we were both pretty optimistic on but we found out last night that they already rented it. they just got notice on a slightly less awesome place. We'll see it tonight and if we like it, we'll commit. I'm a little nervous about the commitment because Laura and I have differing opinions on what our probable timeline is for needing to actually move. She's worried that we'll have the house on the market forever and thinks we won't close for 60 days after the sale. I keep pointing out that if they buyers have kids, I think that they have to close by the end of July. The apartment not opening until August 5 may complicate things. That said, this building does not let apartments sit empty so biting the bullet is probably just the best solution.

Tomorrow I work from home because part of the train line is down for repair. I could get to work, they have a bus alternative to get people through downtown. However, those never work really well so I opted to work from home. I ended up signing up for two different kinds of home inspectors to come through (gas company and Truth in Housing ) so I'll be maximizing my day.

• Like 5

06/01/2017

No workout. I did some yard work and we ran to the co-op.

We were supposed to see the last apartment building but they called at a the last minute to say tat they didn't actually have an apartment for rent (this is the second time that they have done that). Given the flaky nature of that last building we decided to take what we already knew to be good and put in an application with the building we liked. They still had our favorite of all the apartments that we've seen. 

The apartment is on the 19th floor (even though the website says that they only go to the 18th floor). It's got kind of odd windows at either end but they give a crazy good view of Minneapolis. My only let down is that there is no outdoor space for me to grill in. I grill a lot but that'll just have to change. I really like the apartment itself and am excited to be living downtown and to be giving apartment living another shot. I'm optimistic about freeing up all the home maintenance time. 

I also got the housing inspector booked for today (Friday) so I'm working from home so that I can be here where he gets here. The painters also called and are going to get started which is awesome. I was really concerned that they wouldn't get around to me until later in the month and it would hold up putting the house on the market. Nope, now it's all on us. 

Tomorrow @Jittersthe.Clown is coming by to take some of my weights off my hands. I'm glad they're going to a nerd and hope he gets value from them. Around midday we have our monthly massage (in our near future neighborhood). The rest of the weekend will be focused on getting garage sale stuff organized and out to the garage to make set up and tear down as easy as possible next week. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

No 13th floor.

You totally may be right. I didn't think to look at the elevator buttons while we were there. I'll get back to you in 2 months with an response.

In other news. I love the TV room downstairs. I kind of want to just spend all my time here. Don't tell Laura. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

You totally may be right. I didn't think to look at the elevator buttons while we were there. I'll get back to you in 2 months with an response.

In other news. I love the TV room downstairs. I kind of want to just spend all my time here. Don't tell Laura. 

Our road doesn't have a number 13.  It took me about 2 years of living here to figure it out, when a neighbour corrected me when I referred to there being 16 houses total in the street.

On 6/3/2017 at 11:12 AM, LouCarJo said:

Our road doesn't have a number 13.  It took me about 2 years of living here to figure it out, when a neighbour corrected me when I referred to there being 16 houses total in the street.

Yeah, I'm just not superstitious in that way. I'm not even anti-superstitious in that way, it just doesn't occur to me. 

06/02 - Friday 

I got up and rowed in the morning. The painters came by and powerwashed the house, the housing inspector came by and gave us a clean bill of health, the gas inspector came by (not related to the sale) and gave us a clean bill of health. It ended up not being a productive work day, what with people coming by every 90 minutes. Oh, we also heard that the reference company that the apartment complex uses was calling our references. So, we should hear back on Monday. I can't imagine any reason we won't look great according to them. I don't have any credit cards so in modern American economics, someone may frown, but we've paid our mortgage on time, every time. With the sale of the house, we'll have a year- 2 years worth of rent as cash and either of our jobs could cover our rent..

06/03 - Saturday

I double booked myself in the AM so I cancelled juggling with Kristjian. Totally my fault. @Jittersthe.Clown came by and bought most of my gym which we then loaded up into his mini-van and off he went. I ran some errands with Laura then took advantage of the newly empty space in the garage to start moving garage sale items from the basement to the garage. We will have a ton of stuff for sale.

06/04 - Sunday

This was our less productive day on the house. I think it was a combo of just having done so much recently and hitting a place where we really need to transition to setting up the garage sale but still being a couple days out. It left both of us a little on edge though. We're getting really close but sometimes that gaps is as bad as anything. 

I didn't do any electronics this weekend. I didn't feel like dragging everything out. I did play around with a python project that I plan to work into the electronics. I'm working on a script that can read the face of die. I'm starting with a black die with white pips. This requires that I learn to use OpenCV which seems to be this amazingly powerful visual recognition software that runs in most languages but it's not super well documented in my opinion. I did not achieve success but I got more familiar with the software.

So, here are the bare bones to how I will be using this and apparently how visual recognition works. Begin with an image, it can be a JPEG or a single frame from a live video feed, it doesn't matter. Blur the image slightly to lose the artifacts of taking the picture (reflections, stray bits of light, so on). Start comparing pixels to their neighbors, when you see a big difference in color of brightness values call it an "edge". You can now use the edges to define a shape. Do things with that shape.

So in the case of single die, blur it and find the square that is made up of edges. Now analyze what's in the square you found, there are multiple shapes that look like circles. Count the circles and you have an answer to what die face you are looking at. I can probably even do this with multiple dice using the same kind of nesting that I use to count the circles. Eventually you get weird issues of seeing a die at an angle and that kind of thing, depending on my many dice you are looking at. I'm not to that level to worry about it yet. I'm also not worried about dice with numerals or dice with more than 6 sides yet. Maybe in time.

This week

Monday - grill shrimp for dinner. Maybe watch Twin Peaks. Probably take the night off because we're going to be going non-stop for a week

Tuesday - Workout with Kristjian. Dinner is a quick salad. Start prepping garage sale stuff, but just a little

Wednesday - begin to stage garage sale in earnest

Thursday - get as much garage sale stuff in place as possible. Do pricing. Work on signage

Friday - off from work. 7-9, get the garage sale set up completely. 9 - on, get to work painting (also parents arrive)

Saturday - hopefully wrap on painting. Laura will be dealing with garage sale all day

Sunday - if I have home repair chores to wrap up, do it. Start loading up the bagster with things that didn't sell or things that are already declared "trash"

That will give us one week to scrub and prep for photos then showing and sale. 

Everything will be good but I'm ready to get to that weekend. 

• Like 4

I totally ate like an asshole yesterday (06/06/2017). So, despite being in tread water mode on weight and workouts right now, I'm trying to pull myself back to at least behaving properly. So I'm trying to go with a very simple model: Eat as much as you want but avoid sugar, alcohol and grains. That is all for now

Tonight I start working on staging the garage sale. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Any games for sale?

Sadly, just dregs. I had tried to get some of my lunch time gamers to come visit the garage sale by sharing a list of games for sale. One guy said he couldn't come on Friday so could he come by and picka few up. That turned into him buying 4 Ikea bags worth for all the people in the group. I was a little annoyed at them for that.

I do have and XBox One and Nintendo Wii for sale. I think I marked the XBox at $50 and I think the Wii was maybe $40 but I don't recall off the top of my head. I also have a couple medicine balls.

Food was spot on yesterday. No sweets, no alcohol, no breads. Lots of veggies and some meat.

I started setting up our garage sale last night. We have so much crap.  Laura ordered two 10' tables for her job but had them dropped off at our house so we're using them this weekend to place stuff. I crammed both of them full of glassware. I drug the butcher block out and put just appliances on it. I drug our patio table in there and put our non-kitchen appliances on it. 

Tonight I am dragging Three bookcases and a table out there for books, CDs and DVDs. We're taking a very general approach to pricing so all the CDs will be the same price as with the books and DVDs and so on. 

• Like 2

On 6/1/2017 at 7:09 AM, The Most Loathed said:

She's worried that we'll have the house on the market forever and thinks we won't close for 60 days after the sale. I keep pointing out that if they buyers have kids, I think that they have to close by the end of July. The apartment not opening until August 5 may complicate things. That said, this building does not let apartments sit empty so biting the bullet is probably just the best solution.

I wouldn't be too worried. We've had quite a few friends selling recently and all of them have had multiple offers within the first day. 

Still planning on swinging down tomorrow morning! See you then.