Love the term Analysis Paralysis :playful: AP drives me crazy -Pandemic is fun, but it can lead to AP because of the coop nature. Though at least then I can be involved, as opposed to when someone is taking 10 minutes to make a decision on their turn and I am super bored. I try to have a self imposed rule on myself to not check Facebook while game playing ( be in the moment) but people with AP really tempt me to break that rule .

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

You'll have to come back and teach us your ways of taunting. We do need someone to run the ranger.

January 1, the hungover edition.

Alas, I'm driving back from Iowa. Other than maybe one month all year I have found that I have had stuff planned the first weekend of the month all year. I would have never even thought it possible had I not actually been trying to book Nerd Night that weekend. I'm about to open up our 2016 calendar, I need to just write it in.

Love the term Analysis Paralysis :playful: AP drives me crazy -Pandemic is fun, but it can lead to AP because of the coop nature. Though at least then I can be involved, as opposed to when someone is taking 10 minutes to make a decision on their turn and I am super bored. I try to have a self imposed rule on myself to not check Facebook while game playing ( be in the moment) but people with AP really tempt me to break that rule .

Here's the term for the opposite problem that also happens, Alpha Gamer. This term was made popular by Pandemic and its subsequent co-ops. The Alpha Gamer is that person that has every person's turn planned for them and insists on telling everyone how they should be playing, regardless of how the individual feels about his or her turns. These people arise out of the existence of AP players. Somewhere between these two peaks are where we all want to walk.

Friday

As mentioned, I did and early workout with what I can only describe as a kettlebell flow. I really enjoyed it and will use it again. 

At noon I also did

row 1km (sub 2:00/500m pace

burpee x 10

swing 24 kg x 20/20

x5 (roughly 30:00)

it's the toned down version of something I was doing a year ago. I'll use it again.

Saturday

I took the day off from training and did a ton of chores and we went to my wife's office holiday party. Neither of us ate like assholes, we both had a little salad, left early, came home and had egg and avoid bakes.

Sunday

LC 20 kg 10:00 9rpm

Jump Lunge 10/10

Clap Push Up 10

1/2 Snatch 24 kg 10/10

I credit Headspace with the long cycle success. I've been working through my sessions and the idea, especially on lighter sets, really trying to  stay in the individual rep I'm on and feel it out, focus on it and move on to the next one. That made the ten minutes more successful than the last few tries. I'm not magically good or anything but there's plenty to mine here and I I know that a distracted mind has ended many of my sets early

This week started ugly but wrapped up pretty ok.

Next week

Monday: swim, off

Tuesday: kettlebell flow, long cycle - short and heavy

Wednesday: barbell, pilates

Thursday: barbell, off

Friday: off, off (boardgames then star wars)

Saturday: kettlebell

Sunday: kettlebell

I'm borrowing my wife's laptop to do this post and I don't want to sully her YouTube with my searches so I'll wait until tomorrow to post a couple videos but boardgames-wise I want to see what I can find about the game that got me started Betrayal at House on the hill. For music, I'm not sure, it might be time to bring some Royksopp.

• Like 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

No worries man. We're more of a nerd support group and drinking club than a gaming club anyway; we'd probably drive you crazy if you were there for a board game. I'll quit hassling you, but if you're ever free, you're alwYs welcome.

What is this Headspace you're having success with?

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

no worries Sloth. I have generally tried to make it a thing and just found that the first weekend is already booked. 

Games and music for the week. 

i forgot that TableTop opened with Betrayal at House on the Hill. This is quite possibly the game that got me started and thus I've probably talked about it before. I still own this game even though I only play it once or twice a year. Structurally it's not a perfect game. It sometimes goes too long and is sometimes one sided. However, it tells a wonderful story and is the only game i'm aware of in which the game isn't really revealed until halfway through. The game is based on B-movies of the 50's and 60's. It always starts with our heroes in the front hall of a haunted house. they wonder around the house finding random artifacts and exploring. The room tiles are drawn randomly so the house is different each time.

At some point the haunt starts at which point usually (but not always) one of the players is identified as the betrayer and given his or her own rules and win condition. That person is sent to another room with their own book that explains what they have to do to win and how their character can behave. The other characters have a book that explains how they win or escape the house. so one game Ox Bellows (one of my favorite character names in the game) may unleash his man eating plant and the heroes just have to get to the front door while his plants come in through all the windows, in another Peter Nokomoro may turn out to be an ax wielding madman and everyone has to take him down.

for music, Ranconteurs, full albumn, because we all need more of Jack White's music.

Games and music for the week. 

i forgot that TableTop opened with Betrayal at House on the Hill. This is quite possibly the game that got me started and thus I've probably talked about it before. I still own this game even though I only play it once or twice a year. Structurally it's not a perfect game. It sometimes goes too long and is sometimes one sided. However, it tells a wonderful story and is the only game i'm aware of in which the game isn't really revealed until halfway through. The game is based on B-movies of the 50's and 60's. It always starts with our heroes in the front hall of a haunted house. they wonder around the house finding random artifacts and exploring. The room tiles are drawn randomly so the house is different each time.

At some point the haunt starts at which point usually (but not always) one of the players is identified as the betrayer and given his or her own rules and win condition. That person is sent to another room with their own book that explains what they have to do to win and how their character can behave. The other characters have a book that explains how they win or escape the house. so one game Ox Bellows (one of my favorite character names in the game) may unleash his man eating plant and the heroes just have to get to the front door while his plants come in through all the windows, in another Peter Nokomoro may turn out to be an ax wielding madman and everyone has to take him down.

I've only gotten to play Betrayal once..... and I was incredibly drunk and incapable of paying much attention.

That being said, my girlfriend got me the game for my birthday with the intent of trying to get into board games herself.  So having a nice, coop-ish game for the two of us plus some other friends seemed like a good idea.  Just haven't had the chance to break it out yet.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

I've only gotten to play Betrayal once..... and I was incredibly drunk and incapable of paying much attention.

That being said, my girlfriend got me the game for my birthday with the intent of trying to get into board games herself.  So having a nice, coop-ish game for the two of us plus some other friends seemed like a good idea.  Just haven't had the chance to break it out yet.

Fair warning, it plays best at the top of it's player count (6 I think). It's an experience game so it works best if you can get people to read all the flavor text and talk up the ambiance. A couple years ago we had friends over the weekend of halloween and played it and it was perfect. Also, if a non-gamer gets the traitor role, it can be hard for them to understand what is going one and they can't easily share the rule book to help figure it out. If it's all non gamers and you, it's worthwhile for you to sit out and play game master and help the traitor out. If it's a few gamers and a few non gamers, it helps if the gamers flip more new tiles than the non-gamers. If a some draws the traitor and just can't grasp it, you just have to freestyle it somehow. 

It's a ton of fun but has some technical flaws.

• Like 1

No worries man. We're more of a nerd support group and drinking club than a gaming club anyway; we'd probably drive you crazy if you were there for a board game. I'll quit hassling you, but if you're ever free, you're alwYs welcome.

What is this Headspace you're having success with?

I was just working away on some SQL and this question popped in my head and I realized that I never answered, sorry.

It's a webpage/app that helps with meditation.I know Bearlee prefers Calm over it which appears to be very similar but different voices and I'm sure a few other differences. In both cases you get the first ten exercises for free, they are ten minutes each of beginning meditation. In Headspace you then go on to 15 minutes and eventually more but you have to pay, per month, to do that. I don't love the subscription based model because if I ever stop paying I lose everything. Right now I'm in a free month and it's totally worth it. I'll definitely pay for at least a couple months. I can't say how long I will use it. Right now though, it's very helpful.

I'm still without my computer but it's supposed to come back to me tomorrow so I'm behind on reading everyon's threads. sorry.

Monday was swim in the morning and nothing in the evening as expected. The swim went really well. I got right into a lane and cranked out 500 yards in ten or fifteen minutes. I did a little more but left myself ten minutes for the hot tub at the end. I'm coming to enjoy the hot tub more and more.

Tuesday was a good training day. 

AM

20 minute circuit, no stopping, 20 kg

Swing, Clean, Squat, Swing, 1/2 Snatch, Swing, Clean, Lunge, Swing, hand switch

PM

Long cycle 24 kg 2:00 12 RPM, 4:00 rest, 3:00 10 RPM

Circuit

-plank walk out 5

-sit out 5/5

-Windmill 20 kg 5/5

-1 leg straight leg deadlift 20 kg 5/5

5 rounds

The long cycle was supposed to be 3:00 on, 3:00 off but I took off too fast on the first set and couldn't bring things back under control. The second set was great but I got hit with an amazing round of the kettlebell trots and had to go deal with that.

today (wednesday) is a bust all around. We had to take our dog in for tooth extractions and cleaning today and we're both really bummed out, not to mention that she kept us up because she was allowed no water overnight and she really likes to have a dish of water available. Pretty much the only thing on both Laura's and my mind right now is picking up our baby at the vet and trying to get her home and comfortable. 

Not totally sure what to expect workout-wise tomorrow. It'll depend on how Bernadette is doing.

Friday is a workout bust because I'm gaming all day and going to see Star Wars at night.

The week finished up pretty much as expected, Wednesday we just hung out with the dog after she had 6 teeth pulled. She seems to be doing alright as we're coming out the of the other side of recovery. We feel pretty awful because we put off her last cleaning because she's really old and we thought that there were more risks to her from the sedation and cleaning than from not cleaning.We were obviously wrong and are wholly responsible for her tooth loss.

Thursday as I recall did end up being a workout night. I believe that was when I tried LC 24 kg 10 RPM and got a powerful case of the kettlebell trots. I had to take a break to recover from that then wrapped up with a bunch of circuit work.

Friday I played boardgames all day with my former coworkers and it was amazing. Then I went to Star Wars. I was fan back in the 90s. I read the books, watched the original trilogy over and over and even went on opening day to the remastered release. By the time episode I rolled around I had grown out of it. So for me it wasn't that big of a deal that new movies were coming out. The new movie was fine but for a non-fan, it wasn't amazing. I'd rather watch The Martian or Winter Soldier again. I most definitely ate like an asshole this day.

Saturday I did a couple circuits

row 1 km

burpee x 20

swing 24kg 20/20

x 4 rounds

followed by

plank walk out 6

sit out 5/5

windmill 20 kg 5/5

1LSLDL 20 kg 5/5

Goblet Squat 20 kg 5

5 rounds

Sunday I really wasn't feeling the workout but I went down and did 3 minutes of 10 RPM 24kg LC. I started a second set. I got to the final minute and thought "ok 10 more" and was really surprised to see that I had just set down the kettlebells. I have no idea what happened there. My conscious mind was totally ready to finish and some autopilot in me set down the bells, that shouldn't be able to happen.

I credit Headspace with the long cycle success. I've been working through my sessions and the idea, especially on lighter sets, really trying to  stay in the individual rep I'm on and feel it out, focus on it and move on to the next one. That made the ten minutes more successful than the last few tries. I'm not magically good or anything but there's plenty to mine here and I I know that a distracted mind has ended many of my sets early

So... meditation is helping your endurance by keeping you from being distracted even when you're not meditating?  I wonder if it would help my mountain biking, my mind breaks before my body.

I went to Star Wars. I was fan back in the 90s. I read the books, watched the original trilogy over and over and even went on opening day to the remastered release. By the time episode I rolled around I had grown out of it. So for me it wasn't that big of a deal that new movies were coming out. 

Ooh, I feel a burn there.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

So... meditation is helping your endurance by keeping you from being distracted even when you're not meditating?  I wonder if it would help my mountain biking, my mind breaks before my body.

It certainly seems like it would.The basic principle is that when you're riding and your mind starts to worry about how you feel, what the kids are doing, that one student who you aren't reaching and so on, you would clear your mind by focusing on the details of your technique. You'd pay attention to how this revolution of the pedals felt, how your breath is timing with the revolutions, how the sun and the wind feel right that moment and the feedback coming up through the bike about the trail. Eventually you'd lose that focus and start to think about the other things again and when you do, you'd gently bring your mind back to all those details of the moment. 

Where Headspace or Calm or whatever comes in is to give you the practice. It's like Simple and Sinister except that if Pavel sold it as a subscription service and each day you downloaded an audio file where he talked you through the days workout. After writing that I'm wondering why he or someone at StrongFirst or DragonDoor isn't trying that.

Ooh, I feel a burn there.

I wasn't trying to if I did. Or maybe it was about me, in which case, let's hear it.

Happy Holidays!

We're traveling this week and as such I have no training plan. Whatever I plan will get blown up by the situation so it just becomes a form of stress.This is a great opportunity for me to do some thinking though. While I know everyone hates New Years resolution, I find them to be a very natural thing. After a time of what is basically turmoil one becomes more aware of what is important to him or herself as well as areas of improvement. With that in mind, here are my thoughts so far (not final)

• Sleep more - Laura hasn't used our YWCA account yet and I'm not convinced that I'm gaining value from the 30 minute workouts. As such I will cancel it and trade that time for 30 minutes of sleep, landing me at a 7 hour night, something I haven't had consistently in about a decade and a half or longer
  • Train less - With the dropping of the YWCA account I will plan to train 4-5 times a week with one of those being a pilates or yoga session. Sessions are planned to be roughly and hour. This is a reduction from the 8-10 hours a week I was pushing for the past couple years
  • Quiet mind - I'm going to continue with the Headspace app. I feel like I'm seeing benefits in my work and training
  • Weigh less - my number one desire is to get stable below 200. I just look, feel and move better there. 90 kg, 198 lbs +/-2 lbs sounds just fine by me
  • Compete but only a bit - I'm planning on a single kettlebell meet this year. I will continue to use the long cycle as a training tool but this year is focused on other things
  • Coach - this year I will get an ACSM personal trainer certification
  • Geek out - I'm starting a D&D campaign which has me excited. I'm also trying to read a bit more again. I'll never achieve the volume of boardgaming I did at Target but hopefully I can at least find a monthly fix. Also, I finally have a laptop that works and Fallout 4 so I'd like to play a bit of that

training 12/22/2015

I was trying to talk myself into  20 kg long cycle set but I just really wanted to lift the 24s but I kept telling myself that it would only end poorly. I arrived at a compromise:

1 arm long cycle (1alc) 24 kg 1:00 left, 1:00 right 8 RPM, x 17 (34 minutes total)

Row 2,500 m 2:05-2:10 pace

• Like 1

It certainly seems like it would.The basic principle is that when you're riding and your mind starts to worry about how you feel, what the kids are doing, that one student who you aren't reaching and so on, you would clear your mind by focusing on the details of your technique. You'd pay attention to how this revolution of the pedals felt, how your breath is timing with the revolutions, how the sun and the wind feel right that moment and the feedback coming up through the bike about the trail. Eventually you'd lose that focus and start to think about the other things again and when you do, you'd gently bring your mind back to all those details of the moment. 

Where Headspace or Calm or whatever comes in is to give you the practice. It's like Simple and Sinister except that if Pavel sold it as a subscription service and each day you downloaded an audio file where he talked you through the days workout. After writing that I'm wondering why he or someone at StrongFirst or DragonDoor isn't trying that.

Thanks for that.  My monkey brain could use a bit more stillness.  I just downloaded it; I'll check it out.  I also downloaded "OMG. I can meditate" because of the ridiculousness of the name.

Have you heard Pavel speak lately?  I'd pay not to listen to a recording of him, but it does sound like an app you could easily sell.

Have you heard Pavel speak lately?  I'd pay not to listen to a recording of him, but it does sound like an app you could easily sell.

Does he still use a super flat Alpha-douche accent?

I've been on the road for the last several days and done no training and next to no walking (like 2K steps a day). I have severely restricted my intake in hopes of not needing to lose more pounds next year and I have felt a whole lot better than I usually do on these trips for it. Also, we're around a bunch of people we rarely see including kids so I've been taking Zinc and Vitamin C in hopes that one or the other actually will stave off infection or will at least shorten the life of said infections. I always hear very mixed results when I hear about their effectiveness but I'm trying it.

• Like 1

Healthy so far but feelin' fat.

We got to my parent's gym, which I enjoy.

E10MOM

Row 1km

Burpees x 20

Swing 45lb Kettlebell 20/20

I feel you on the Healthy but feeling fat, er, feeling.

Also I keep hearing about people who've made workouts while visiting family, and I'm extremely jealous.  My family has at best an elliptical machine, and I loath that thing. (So apparently you are not a human, but an elliptical machine.  Sorry to break the news.)

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

My wife swears by the product Emergen-C. It might work, she is sick a lot less than I am.

All of my attempts to research this stuff has turned up inconclusive. Anecdotal people either swear BY it or swear ABOUT it, no middle ground. There are enough studies showing promise that most researchers are unwilling to say that it's nothing. However, there is enough research showing no benefit that a serious consideration of the material leaves one unwilling to say it is worth the money. The good news is that other than a trivial cost and some rebound deficiency from high dose Vitamin C, there is little risk. 

All I know is this trip I seem to have held up after being around lots of people who have been sick recently and little kids. I'm happy about that. The cost to me was about $15 that may have been a total waste but I can't say. I'll probably exercise the same ritual on subsequent winter trips....which my wife has sworn won't happen for years and that would make me very happy but I'm not holding my breath.

I feel you on the Healthy but feeling fat, er, feeling.

Also I keep hearing about people who've made workouts while visiting family, and I'm extremely jealous.  My family has at best an elliptical machine, and I loath that thing. (So apparently you are not a human, but an elliptical machine.  Sorry to break the news.)

Elliptical suck. they aren't fun, the movement feels very unnaturally and who wants to be limited to cardio?

I love the mid trip workouts. They aren't the best workouts in terms of pounds of following a plan. They are, however, a much needed break and diversion. It used to be that we would go workout when visiting the in-laws and not my parents. About the time my parents got serious about working out, my in-laws seemed to quit. 

Love your resolutions! Sleep well and train less sounds like just the thing for you.

How's Laura doing with the work-hate?

Yeah, I suspected for quite a few months that less volume, more rest would be a good fit for me but it's been really hard to make myself emotionally ok with what I academically felt was true. I had hoped that having a paid coach would uncouple the two, allowing me to behave more intelligently while feeling good about it. That didn't work but I'm finally ok enough with it to make the move on my own. 

Laura's work-hate is in a very strange place. She hates her job. She applied for several new jobs a few weeks ago. She got offered one on Friday and plans to officially turn it down on Monday even though today she was already lamenting having to go to work tomorrow. That said, I don't entirely disagree with her choice. First, the job she was offered wouldn't necessarily be and improvement, just different. Second, she has long toyed with the idea of going back for second Masters degree in Speech Pathology. For me, the idea of going back to school at all is a horrible nightmare and I would saw my own leg off with a dull, rusty blade first and claim a disability. She, on the other hand, is a total wiz at school and is really passionate about the idea of Speech Pathology so this might be a great thing for her. So, she's looking at staying in her current role because she doesn't want to go back to school and learn a new job at the same time, which would suck.

I appreciate that you asked although you may be regretting it by now. :)

12/31/2015

unknown kettlebell weight (maybe 40 lbs)

Swing

Clean 

Press

Swing

1/2 Snatch

Swing

Squat

Swing

Hand switch (on a swing)

repeat

30:00

Standing press 135lbs 5x5

some other stuff

This was my last workout of the trip at my parents gym. It was a good one

1/1/16

we drove home

1/2/16

Long cycle 24 kg 5:00, 34 reps

circuit

jump lung 10/10

clap push up 10

1/2 snatch 24kg 10/10

1/3/16

barely got myself to want to go downstairs, I was pretty sore

1 Arm Long Cycle 24 kg 1:00, 1:00, no rest x 8, 7 RPM

I was going to go longer but my old phone that I use as a gym timer has started having issues and the timer died. I decided after this that the phone was done. 

Planning for this week.

This week is going to continue the weirdness of the holidays. A couple summers ago we hosted a Japanese foreign exchange student for three weeks. Nice guy but the overall experience was such that we don't think we'll do it again. He and Laura have kept in touch over Facebook. This fall he asked if he could come visit us in January and Laura said yes. Well, that's this week. Communication has been pretty feabile so while we know he flies in tomorrow and out either Saturday or Sunday, we're light on details. Also, we don't really have a sense of what he wants from this trip. Is he just looking for somewhere to hide out because they are closing the dorms on him or is he looking for a full experience. Regardless, we've got to work. I have a huge project due in early February and this is my chance to work on it. Which means I spend my days at work and evenings entertaining.

Monday: off

Tuesday: perhaps some light rowing or something. I'm working from home so I can be around and make him feel not totally alone. I may leverage this to get down and do something at noon

Wednesday: similar to above except I'm actually taking the day off to entertain him a bit

Thursday: off

Friday: off - sushi night I hope

Saturday: off - I think

Sunday: Long Cycle, assuming his plane leaves at a suitably early time

So, that's what passes as a plan for this week

Three other notes:

our younger dog has kennel cough again (from the kennel) and what appears to be another ear infection so I'm trying to squeeze in a vet trip for her yet again. I have been to the vet more times in the past three or four months than in my entire life leading up to this.

I still need to figure out my pilates plan for early 2016. Laura wants to try yoga instead. I have carte blanc to do what I want but I'm trying to be reasonable. I'm torn between mat pilates and trying yoga again, or sticking with reformer. I tried to reach out to someone about coaching but got no reply. decision still pending.

Tonight we are visiting our Pandemic Legacy friends and I'm really hoping to play February.

• Like 1

Yeah, I suspected for quite a few months that less volume, more rest would be a good fit for me but it's been really hard to make myself emotionally ok with what I academically felt was true. I had hoped that having a paid coach would uncouple the two, allowing me to behave more intelligently while feeling good about it. That didn't work but I'm finally ok enough with it to make the move on my own. 

Laura's work-hate is in a very strange place. She hates her job. She applied for several new jobs a few weeks ago. She got offered one on Friday and plans to officially turn it down on Monday even though today she was already lamenting having to go to work tomorrow. That said, I don't entirely disagree with her choice. First, the job she was offered wouldn't necessarily be and improvement, just different. Second, she has long toyed with the idea of going back for second Masters degree in Speech Pathology. For me, the idea of going back to school at all is a horrible nightmare and I would saw my own leg off with a dull, rusty blade first and claim a disability. She, on the other hand, is a total wiz at school and is really passionate about the idea of Speech Pathology so this might be a great thing for her. So, she's looking at staying in her current role because she doesn't want to go back to school and learn a new job at the same time, which would suck.

I appreciate that you asked although you may be regretting it by now. :)

Not at all :D Especially the bit I highlighted in bold, made me laugh mostly because I feel exactly the same way. But hey, if that's what will make Laura happy (and it's an option financially) then she should go for it. 

It's a shame the coach-experiment didn't work out for you, but perhaps it brought new perspective, new ideas etc? Hopefully the results will speak for themselves and reinforce this decision.

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

It's a shame the coach-experiment didn't work out for you, but perhaps it brought new perspective, new ideas etc? Hopefully the results will speak for themselves and reinforce this decision.

I don't know that it did. If anything it just made me want to move farther away from competition. I hate the act of competing but can get into the idea of a community. Locally though, there are three of us. I'm happy to get together and lift anytime but working up to travel to a meet just doesn't excite me. It costs time, money and stress. All of my forays into the US scene have been mediocre at best. 

That said, I'm still building my training plan around kettlebells and I'm planning a training holiday in April (more on that later) and a comp in May. It's just that's where I'm drawing my comp line in the sand. I'm not planning on Nationals or Worlds. Which is not to say never, just not right now. 

I need some input. 

I'd like to give myself some things to work on in terms of snatch and/or 1/2 snatch and jerk. I suck at them all and need something a little more basic than the rank goals. 

Snatch

16 kg - I can do alot of these but this is a silly weight for me so not planning to goal here

20 kg - this might be a good weight to set a goal at. I can do 25 per hand pretty reasonalby if I recall. Should I shoot for 50 per hand with one switch or maybe 100 per hand with multipls?

24 kg - now we're working, I normally do 5-10 per hand switch when working on these. I could try to work up to 25 per had or something

28 Kg + - I haven't worked with these  much and goaling at this level is impracticable at this time.

1/2 snatch - the weights do change much except that there is much less wear and tear on my hands so way more inclined to work longer sets of these. 

Jerk - again, weights are pretty consistent, although I have done more heavy jerks. This might be an interesting to goal on time rather than reps. 

i'd like to hear any ideas.