Probable ranger looking for some accountability

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the NF community, and I'm looking for a place that combines my love of all things nerdy with by (recently discovered) love of exercise. 

I'm a father of 2: 3y/o boy and a baby girl.  Before #2, both my wife and I were working out at our local CrossFit affiliate 3-4 times a week, and I love the style and intensity of the workouts; I also got exponentially more fit over the 2 years that I trained there.  However, getting there with both of us is looking like it's pretty much impossible, and the added cost of a second membership for me makes our finances uncomfortably tight.

So, that being said, we made the decision to buy some plates and a bar for a new garage gym, so I can do strength training and Olympic lifting at home, but I know myself, and without a community I'm probably going to fall back into my old habits of eating terribly and not exercising as much as I should.  So I'm hoping that the challenges I can set up for myself here will help to keep me on track.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the rebellion!

It sounds like you're off to a great start since you've already got a solid foundation for fitness and excercise. Garage gyms can work just as well as the commercial type as long as you are consistent. And yes, you're in the right place. :) I would join the recruits for this next 6-week challenge and then look into either the rangers or the Warriors depending on your goals. Start a thread, maybe join an accountabilli buddy group, and get started!

I'll dig up the thread on garage gyms for you in a few.

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs