But wait... Terra is a Superhero!

Terra

This evaluation is a big deal because my manager is the same guy who told me two years in a row that I "didn't have a path forward to a promotion" He ceases to be my manager as of December 14th!!!  Thanks for being a good place to share my happiness/shock!     

I'm getting brain fried while writing and the low hours of sleep are getting to me today.  I'm looking forward to jui-jitsu and conditioning class tonight.  Hopefully the conditioning tonight won't have quite as many squats because my quads and butt still hurt from Monday night!

after-leg-day-meme-.jpg

• Like 4

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Recovery

Battle/Quest Log and Instagram: TerraOracle

Rehabbing your foot and knocking down job adversity all in the last quarter of the year. What's next, are you going to develop cold fusion?

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

No cold fusion from me. The folks that do that work are in a different building... [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lukewarm fission?

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

This evaluation is a big deal because my manager is the same guy who told me two years in a row that I "didn't have a path forward to a promotion" He ceases to be my manager as of December 14th!!!  Thanks for being a good place to share my happiness/shock! 

What an ass. Way to show him that superheroes ALWAYS prevail!! 

Scarlett-Johansson-Black-Widow-Kick-GIF-

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Catching up today, and my mouth is just watering over your paleo stuffing.  I clearly need to drink the NF water and get on board with more paleo recipes.

Awesome news about the promotion and the manager goodbyes.  jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Right now I'm a little short on sleep (stomach issues have kept me up the last few nights) and I'm tired.  Sleep has become a priority!!!  

I did the conditioning class last night and was wondering if I would be able to lift my arms today (I'm moving just fine today).  My girls both stayed and did the class with me.  It was very cute to have 7 adults and 5 little girls in the class.  They got to use the little weights 3 & 5 pounds) and everyone had fun!  

Today is another busy day with lots of meetings, writing and physical therapy!  

Thanks for all the virtual high fives - I was so surprised, it hasn't sunk in totally yet.  But the stress associated with being successful in all these new task/responsibilities may be the reason my stomach isn't happy.  I manifest stress in my gut!  So I'm off to "make it so"

• Like 3

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

Catching up today, and my mouth is just watering over your paleo stuffing.  I clearly need to drink the NF water and get on board with more paleo recipes.

I've been mostly paleo for 2.5 years and I love to cook.  I used to devour paleo blogs and my paleo cookbook collection is huge!!  I'd be happy to help if you decide to come to the dark side, as I'm always up to talk about yummy food!!!  

• Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

What an ass. Way to show him that superheroes ALWAYS prevail!! 

Scarlett-Johansson-Black-Widow-Kick-GIF-

Wolf

Yeah that manager is really bad, but I don't think he does it on purpose.  He just lacks any social skills and his management style is really forced.  Its hard to be a people person with out a personality...   :nightmare:

• Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I've been mostly paleo for 2.5 years and I love to cook.  I used to devour paleo blogs and my paleo cookbook collection is huge!!  I'd be happy to help if you decide to come to the dark side, as I'm always up to talk about yummy food!!!  

Right there with you, although lately I've fallen into the lazy trap of relying on only a handful of particular staples.  Need to lurk and pillage those Paleo blogs for some new material!

My gym is hosting an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party on Saturday and I'm hesitantly browsing Paleo cookie recipes for my snack to bring and share.  I'm not the best baker though, and Paleo cookies can be finicky, but I'm confident that i can find one of those foolproof 3 or 5 ingredient recipes that ought to do in a pinch!

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I made some poor food choices yesterday....  UGH!   But that is in the past.  Not beating myself up for the indulgence.  However, it has me thinking that I might need to have one higher carb day every week as opposed to try to make it 10-12 days apart..   Something to think about.  

• Like 3

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

Right now I'm a little short on sleep (stomach issues have kept me up the last few nights) and I'm tired.  Sleep has become a priority!!!  

I did the conditioning class last night and was wondering if I would be able to lift my arms today (I'm moving just fine today).  My girls both stayed and did the class with me.  It was very cute to have 7 adults and 5 little girls in the class.  They got to use the little weights 3 & 5 pounds) and everyone had fun!  

Today is another busy day with lots of meetings, writing and physical therapy!  

Thanks for all the virtual high fives - I was so surprised, it hasn't sunk in totally yet.  But the stress associated with being successful in all these new task/responsibilities may be the reason my stomach isn't happy.  I manifest stress in my gut!  So I'm off to "make it so"

Anxiety does the same to mine.Glad to hear about family weight class! :)

I made some poor food choices yesterday....  UGH!   But that is in the past.  Not beating myself up for the indulgence.  However, it has me thinking that I might need to have one higher carb day every week as opposed to try to make it 10-12 days apart..   Something to think about.  

Dust off and move on. Track how you're feeling, if you can. Would adding an extra carb day make you feel better? If so, try it! :)

• Like 3

I'd offer advice but you figured it out yourself better than I could ever have said it.

• Like 2

Right there with you, although lately I've fallen into the lazy trap of relying on only a handful of particular staples.  Need to lurk and pillage those Paleo blogs for some new material!

My gym is hosting an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party on Saturday and I'm hesitantly browsing Paleo cookie recipes for my snack to bring and share.  I'm not the best baker though, and Paleo cookies can be finicky, but I'm confident that i can find one of those foolproof 3 or 5 ingredient recipes that ought to do in a pinch!

Flavored nuts are also a good option and easy to roast!!

Anxiety does the same to mine.Glad to hear about family weight class! :)

Dust off and move on. Track how you're feeling, if you can. Would adding an extra carb day make you feel better? If so, try it! :)

I can only go for so many days at ultra low carb then I loose all willpower and make horrific choices, so giving myself that day every so often is my current experiment...  

I'd offer advice but you figured it out yourself better than I could ever have said it.

Thank you!  The last year has been a learning experience focused on how I need to treat myself.  And I wouldn't beat up on anyone else if they slipped up and had a bad day, so why beat myself up.  I try to use the rule >>  If I wouldn't say it to my girls, then I don't say it to myself!!!  

I don't know what it is about Friday's classes at the gym but WHEW!!!  I'm exhausted. I got in my vehicle to drive back to work after the two classes today and my legs were shaking so much I was worried about using the pedals correctly!!!  Good Jui-jitsu and conditioning classes today.  Although I was disapointed in the lack of pushups this week...  

• Like 4

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

Me too.  Well, sorta.  I overate, to the point of about maintenance, but it was the same food as usual.  Occasionally I have 'eat everything in sight' or what some call 'Sam Ashen days.'

It happens.  No guilty necessary.  Pick up from where you left off and carry on!

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I can only go for so many days at ultra low carb then I loose all willpower and make horrific choices, so giving myself that day every so often is my current experiment...  

Solid. It's not just about physical health, but mental as well. I find that giving myself a little leeway here and there makes it easier for me to stick to my guns the rest of the time. 

• Like 2

Taking time this am to get caught up on everyone's threads! Baby Black Widow is shadowing our vet for a few hours this morning and I'm hanging out in the reception area playing on my phone.

I struggled again yesterday with carbs. Someday I'll figure out how to do carbs just one day and get back on track with my lower carbs. It was the spicy Thai food that had me craving ice cream afterwards.

• Like 4

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

You'll get it figured out. I know sugar-free gum helps me with carb cravings some times, has a sweet flavor and keeps my mouth busy.

• Like 2

I struggled again yesterday with carbs. Someday I'll figure out how to do carbs just one day and get back on track with my lower carbs. It was the spicy Thai food that had me craving ice cream afterwards.

Or consider turning at least to healthy carbs when you want/have to.  I've gone the Paleo For Athletes route, instituting a moderate carb intake to support my athletic pursuits through peri-workout refueling with white rice, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes.  Not entirely Paleo, but I feel much better going about my nutrition that way.

• Like 3

After a challenging weekend (food wise) I should be able to get back on track this week.  I am feel like I have a cold coming on but I'm going to dig into the arsenal (and the freezer) and eat some extra healthy/healing foods to see if I can keep it at bay!!!   Homemade gelatin gummies and bone broth for the win!!!  

I didn't get out an do any purposeful exercise this weekend.  The calves were uber achey this weekend so all I did was some walking.  And three hours of the Nutcracker sure puts a dent in ones' weekend plans...  

This week has the added challenge of my hubby being on travel so my work hours will be all over the place as I get the kids to their activities, attend band concert and have a mgt with one of the teachers.  I also refuse to use my hubby's absence as an excuse to skip my exercise classes!  I hope this cold stays mild so I can attend everything on my schedule!!!  

• Like 3

Ranger-Monk Hybrid