But wait... Terra is a Superhero!

So the foot and leg are weak but useable.  I am starting over from the beginning with my running (must walk first) and lifting and yoga.  But I can now do all the movements necessary to do these things again...  I'm going to commit to doing some yoga tonight (someone wanna check in with me???) and some gym time either tomorrow or Friday! So excited, but first different shoes!!!  I am wearing my shoes that no longer supportive and one worn 7 weeks longer than the other too.  

Something of note yesterday with my food:  When I tried to bulletproof beverage through my lunch it impacted my macros.  I was very low in protein yestrday and it was because that one meal didn't have any protein.  I will have to add protein powder into my meals or not use it as a mid day meal replacement.  I'm leaning towards adding the protein powder because skipping that meal sometimes makes sense to me...  

Yesterdays Macros:

Calories 1501/1700max

Carbs 87/100max

Protein 50/100min

Allergies hit me hard yesterday and I choose sleep over exercise.  I've medicated and today is much better!  I'm definatelly looking forward to that first hard freeze!  Hope it comes soon!!!  

• Like 7

YES! I found you :) (and subbed!)

Love this theme so much, too. I have a HUGE passion for superheroes and even went through the grueling process of becoming one myself. All I can say is, you're not in this alone and if you ever need backup on a nightly patrol, don't hesitate to activate The Wolf symbol, and I'll be there

Wall%20Art%20-%20WolfSymbolLadyLycan.jpg

Wolf

• Like 4

What a wonderful feeling to be back on your feet.  Can't wait to see what you conquer now!

Thanks!  

Everything.

All at once.

We are the Rangers after all.

Seriously though, it's great to hear you are back to mobility. Work on building up that leg again.

Tank - Rangerbrain is a serious matter here...  I want to do it all, the challenge is really finding making the time!!!

What wonderful news. Congrats.

Thanks!

So exciting! Congrats :D

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

Thank you!

• Like 1

YES! I found you :) (and subbed!)

Love this theme so much, too. I have a HUGE passion for superheroes and even went through the grueling process of becoming one myself. All I can say is, you're not in this alone and if you ever need backup on a nightly patrol, don't hesitate to activate The Wolf symbol, and I'll be there

Wall%20Art%20-%20WolfSymbolLadyLycan.jpg

Wolf

Thanks so much for the sub!  It means a lot that you are taking the time to follow me with your MonsterAmazeballs challenge this go around.  I am so looking forward to reading your next chapter.  

And as the hubby and I catch up with the last season of TrueBlood this weekend I will be thinking of you...  Enjoy that race!   :playful:

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the sub!  It means a lot that you are taking the time to follow me with your MonsterAmazeballs challenge this go around.  I am so looking forward to reading your next chapter.  

And as the hubby and I catch up with the last season of TrueBlood this weekend I will be thinking of you...  Enjoy that race!   :playful:

Aww, thank you so much Terra! I'm thinking the next installment may be released Friday..so stay tuned :)

And yay for TrueBlood! Think of me as a combo of Alcide and Eric...wait, no. Maybe? Not like that though...OH, you know what I mean  :playful: !

Wolf

• Like 2

Did you yoga?

I did.  Found a runners yoga and that was perfect for me last night.    Thank you for asking!!!

Aww, thank you so much Terra! I'm thinking the next installment may be released Friday..so stay tuned :)

And yay for TrueBlood! Think of me as a combo of Alcide and Eric...wait, no. Maybe? Not like that though...OH, you know what I mean  :playful: !

Wolf

Alcide is my favorite but Eric is a close second.  And yeah, I know what ya mean!   :redface-new:

I was thinking more along the lines of Terra Two Shoes. More like a Gangster name than a superhero name.  :pirate:

Whew!!!  That isn't a bad gangster name but a yucky superhero name!!!  

• Like 4

Week 0 Day 3 in review:

The boot is gone and WOW, my leg is weak!!!  I can see that I am going to have to do a LOT of stretching/yoga/mobility work in the near future and that may have to take priority over other forms of exercise for the first few weeks.  My first physical therapy is a week from today.  I did the yoga last night and will continue to search for good runner oriented yogas because those are the muscles that I need to focus on too.  I have lots of yoga options at home and online and at the gym.  I have been researching foot and lower leg massage techniques and mobiliy work as an additional tool.  

Food was more balanced yesterday! And I met my protein goal. Calories were a little lower but I'm not going to worry about a low calorie day or two.  Interestingly enough this day included a bulletproof coffee and chocolate...  

Yesterdays Macros:

Calories 1397/1700max

Carbs 61/100max

Protein 108/100min

I got to sleep a little later than planned but I got wrapped up with yoga (the Beer Yoga challenge!) and foot massage research.  

And this weekend I will start my christmas shopping! 

• Like 6

I was shocked at just how much muscle mass I lost when I was dealing with the ACL crud.  But really, you'll re-build those muscles quickly now that you're allowed to do things.  Yoga should be really awesome for you right now!  Definitely stick with that.  Also, I'm not sure which of your muscles ended up getting destroyed, but I found that tons of cycling and tons of TRX assisted squats really helped me re-grow the leg muscles without overdoing things and over-straining anything.  

I'm sure you'll continue crushing your rehab!  

• Like 2

And for giggles - I have listened to all 10 hours of the Diggy Diggy Hole youtube song loop!  

So now you'll never be able to get Diggy Diggy Hole out of your head.  And now it's stuck in my mind again.  I guess when you have kids, there are so many songs that are so much worse to have stuck in your head.  

• Like 4

So now you'll never be able to get Diggy Diggy Hole out of your head.  And now it's stuck in my mind again.  I guess when you have kids, there are so many songs that are so much worse to have stuck in your head.  

And I was singing Diggy Diggy Hole this morning as I got ready for work.  Agreed Nymeria - kids can listen to some nasty stuff.  So glad mine are old enought and getting into real music, sort of.  

• Like 2

The leg is still fatigued but I can feel it getting stronger.  I will just keep increasing my level of stretching and exercises everyday because that is about all I can do.  The half-marathon scheduled in Feb  is still in my head but every day that I can't run is another training day lost.  I'm not sure how much I want to push to complete the half this year.  It has both physical and financial impacts...  So I am pondering the decision.   :nightmare:

I really hate the ton of halloween candy that is in abundance right now. Halloween parties started on Wednesday and continue nightly though Saturday night!   I'll admit to digging through my girls candy but I tried to eat the healthiest stuff, Reese's Peanut Butter cups.  Its about the only time I ever eat peanut butter...  And I exceeded my calorie limit, but maybe it was making up for yesterday's low caloric intake.  

Yesterdays Macros:

Calories 1894/1700max

Carbs 95/100max

Protein 142/100min

Went to sleep early last night because I was getting up early today.  No dreams remembered...  

Still dealing with some allergy symptoms and it just won't freeze.  Its 40 degrees F out there and a drizzly rain.  Just a few degrees colder and it would be the beautiful white stuff and the end of allergies.  Come on cold front!!!  It might freeze tonight, just in time for our big downtown trick-or-treat party.  Nothing like a snowsuit under your costume!!!   

• Like 5

I really hate the ton of halloween candy that is in abundance right now. Halloween parties started on Wednesday and continue nightly though Saturday night!   I'll admit to digging through my girls candy but I tried to eat the healthiest stuff, Reese's Peanut Butter cups.  Its about the only time I ever eat peanut butter... 

Me, too!  So much candy is overload, but that one peanut butter cup of the year is incredible!

• Like 1

Food was more balanced yesterday! And I met my protein goal. Calories were a little lower but I'm not going to worry about a low calorie day or two.  Interestingly enough this day included a bulletproof coffee and chocolate...  

Yesterdays Macros:

Calories 1397/1700max

Carbs 61/100max

Protein 108/100min

Bulletproof coffee and chocolate and still under your calories?  Nice work!  I could learn a few things from you, Terra.

And for giggles - I have listened to all 10 hours of the Diggy Diggy Hole youtube song loop!  

6c3kOlmP.png

The leg is still fatigued but I can feel it getting stronger.  I will just keep increasing my level of stretching and exercises everyday because that is about all I can do.  The half-marathon scheduled in Feb  is still in my head but every day that I can't run is another training day lost.  I'm not sure how much I want to push to complete the half this year.  It has both physical and financial impacts...  So I am pondering the decision.   :nightmare:

It's a process, right?  Still, to be getting stronger at this point is progress.  You're getting there, and with all of your emphasis on stretching and strengthening your weak points, I have all of the confidence in the world that you'll be exactly where you intend to be by February!

• Like 6

Me, too!  So much candy is overload, but that one peanut butter cup of the year is incredible!

Now if I can avoid the candy bucket for the rest of the weekend I'll be doing good!   :pirate:

Bulletproof coffee and chocolate and still under your calories?  Nice work!  I could learn a few things from you, Terra.

6c3kOlmP.png

It's a process, right?  Still, to be getting stronger at this point is progress.  You're getting there, and with all of your emphasis on stretching and strengthening your weak points, I have all of the confidence in the world that you'll be exactly where you intend to be by February!

I think I may be underestimating my bulletproof butter/coconut oil content, I might break out the measuring spoons this weekend to check my portion sizes.  And that one day I ate a ton of smoked chicken breast, so it was low cal, high protein, moist and still had some flavor.  It was also a work potluck lunch where the only things I could eat were the fresh fruit and veggies. Everything else had gluten in in, so lunch was very light!  

Thank you for the achievement badge!  

I am getting stronger, however, I question if pushing towards the half with only 15 weeks to go is sensible (not that I want to be sensible but I don't want any more injuries).  It was training for the half last year that started my feet down this long and painful path yet again...  (I've had previous foot surgeries too)  Hopefully I can have a long talk with the physical therapists next week about what I really want and how to get there with my feet.  I really wish that I had the resources and access to someone who really could help me put it all together when it comes to running and my messed up feet.   :numbness:

Speaking of my feet I was trying to figure out why my one shoe was feeling 2 sizes too small today.  Took off the shoes and looked at my feet.  Duh!  The right foot is swollen, so yeah the shoe is too small.  It is also achey and stiff.  So I'm icing it while at the office today so I can survive the trick-or-treat party later today.  <sigh> I just want to move and play without my feet holding me back....   :neglected:

• Like 2