• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terra

But wait... Terra is a Superhero!

The oil (any oil) will inhibit the foam process so I have come to the conclusion that if I want a beverage without oil and just the protein powder it must be made in the bigger blender.  A true and simple bulletproof beverage can be made in the smaller cup sized mixer.   Did I mention that I am married to a PhD chemist and we had a long discussion about this?  

I don't want to get injured myself but I am dying (inside) to get moving.  I am thinking that a "lets see how much I can walk goal" might be all I can do for this week.  So that is what I will do!  Its suppose to get much colder starting tomorrow, but I love the cold crisp air of early winter!  

Your PhD chemist significant other sounds immeasurably valuable to my fledgling inner Bulletproof Alchemist.

I don't blame you for wanting to be moving.  Can't even imagine how you're feeling... but remember that we're all rooting for you to make a quick and efficient recovery!

• Like 2

Quick check in today - I've got to focus on some stuff at work so I'll stay away from everyone's challenges till tomorrow (or tonight!) 

Yesterday I made it to the gym, today I have DOMS!  So I think tonight is a yoga night!  Sleep, oops!  I got watching a show on DVD that I have to return to someone and instead of being responsible and only watching one episode, I watched two. I'm doing better about putting my kindle down when the reading just isn't interesting!  Food was good.  My tracking helped me choose to not eat any snacks post dinner last night, I enjoyed a hot decaf beverage instead.  Wishing that I had indulged in a protein powder latte versus the Reeses peanut butter cups.  Lesson learned!  

Calories 1638/1700 max

Carbs  71/100 max

Protien  92/100 min

My biggest challenge right now is to not get frustrated with slow progress. 

david_allen_quote.jpg

• Like 5

I found everyone's challenges on Tapatalk tonight. I had not ever figured it out before, but I knew they had to be here somewhere...

A few yoga poses happened and an Epsom salt bath was needed. Looking forward to sleep tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Quick update just to keep me accountable...  

Got to bed on-time last night!  Wahoo!  

Food was interesting.  At each meal essentially ate only two things, protein and something else.  Overall calories were low but protein was good.  Hmmmm, maybe simple is good for me...

Calories 1369/1700 max

Carbs  63/100 max

Protien  108/100 min

I am getting an opportunity to do something new at work.  Its scary, but awesome cool stuff!  I'm excited to do it but scared to fail...  Yikes!!!  

• Like 4

Well done on the eating and the new opportunities. How's the foot?

The foot is good, stiff at times.  Tomorrow is my first physical therapy appointment.  Its the DOMS that are slowing me down right now but i'll bust out a few body weight squats in a few minutes to keep the legs moving!    

For some reason your note reminded me to move my one computer system at work up to the standing position, so that has been done too!  Wahoo standing workstation for the win!  Someday I hope to convince the powers that be (and have the $$) that I need one of these walking work stations

five-best-standing-desks.jpg

• Like 3

This just makes me think of 'Episodes' (was that on in the US?). They played it really subtle, but one of the agents had this desk and then one episode she just had a cut on her head and a new desk.

Only gazbazillion posts behind!

• Like 3

Love how your answer to DOMS is to do squats.  The last thing I want to do when I'm sore is move, but that is the best thing to do!  Of course, you've got that figured out and are actually doing it.  Because you're Terra, the superhero!

Have an out-standing day in your reconfigured desk.

• Like 2

Where is my snow?  They keep calling for it, but it hasn't showed up yet!

I take that back.  I'm not quite ready to bid farewell to autumn!

Aren't you in Canada???   I actually expected you to have snow by now.  There is a weird weather pattern that is predicting a cold wet winter for us here in the southwest US.  It is only an advantage if you live high enough for that moisture to be snow.  This snow won't stay around long and there isn't anymore moisture in the current 10 day forecast.  But the first snow of the year always makes me happy!  But cool and crisp is the expected and that is awesome hiking weather, eh?  

So it snowed!!!  Today is my first physical therapy appointment, so I'll update later!  

We got some too!  Didn't stick around long, but I was out in it.  So pretty! (but honestly, I'm not quite ready for it yet!)

• Like 1

Yesterday's summary:  No real exercise, but more generic walking.  I did several deep yoga squats (using my elbows to keep me knees out) to help combat the DOMS.  Sleep wasn't as restful as I would have liked (had an argument with the hubby) but I met my goal times.  Food was OK.  I had a protein powder latte for lunch and dinner out (so I'm missing calories here for sure)

Calories  1462/1700

carbs  50/100 max (50g is what I try to aim for each day) 

Protein  118/100 min

Yesterday was my youngest daughter's first official Brazilian Ju-Jitsu class.  We went as a family to watch/participate.  My older daughter didn't want to participate  :grumpy:  but we are doing a private family class on Saturday.  My hubby wants to make sure his shoulders can handle it, I'm still testing my feet and hopefully we can get the big girl interested.  The professor is so amazing with the kids and really layed back, which doesn't always happen in the martial arts.  So I might work this into my schedule (the hubby wants me to attend with him!)  And we have heard that the Extreme Core & Body Sculpting class is an amazing bodyweight workout.  Do all the things, right?!?!?!  

Physical therapy went very well.  Did some lymph node drainage work to reduce swelling and I have some more stretching/strengthening to do in addition to what I have been doing.  This needs to be a daily (or almost) daily thing so I'm trying to find new and attention getting ways to remind myself to do all the things...  We also had a long discussion about running and my recovery from surgery.  I am about 95% sure that I will be looking into defering my half-marathon again.  BUT it is ok.  I would rather wait another year and be prepared rather than try to do too much too fast and hurt myself again.  I am on the wait list for appointments next week but have two appointments each week after that.  

• Like 6

I really hope you can talk your older daughter into participating in the BJJ.  It's just really convenient and amazing when the entire family can take classes together (or at least back-to-back if the kid and adult classes are separated).  Since BJJ has a lot of joint locks, I would imagine that there are still a lot of things you can learn, even with a still healing foot.  

I'm glad that the physical therapy is going well, and I agree that deferring the half marathon is a great idea.  The last thing you want to do is put yourself in a position where you're either setting yourself up for failure or you're risking injury from pushing yourself too fast.  I at least found during my knee rehab that it's a time where you really have to learn to listen to your body and adjust your routine every day based on that.  I doubt that the training you would need for a half marathon would be flexible enough to really let you do that.   

• Like 2

I think she will give BJJ a try with all of us there.  I'm looking forward to the private class tomorrow!  

Volleyball is over and it went well.  My baby girl did better when I was there and we will look into open court time at the gym for additional practice over the winter, so she is primed for the next session in the spring.  

I am going home and sitting down to work up a spreadsheet of some kind that has all the different stretching and movement that I would like to be doing on it.  I just need something to remind me of all the stuff I need to be doing.  I'm a visual person so lets make it easy on myself, eh?   Don't think I'm making it to the gym today, so a bodyweight or yoga workout is needed!!!!  I might get out and go for a walk on Sunday, just to see how far I can get...  

Yesterday's food:  Those M&M's were not the best choice!!!  

Calories 1724/1700

Carbs  91/100 max

Protein  102/100 min

• Like 2

Everyday is getting better! Lots of movement this weekend. Friday I did just my physical therapy and spent the evening with a friend. Saturday was 1.5 hours of jiu-Jitsu (which we all enjoyed) and my hubby signed us up for a monthly family plan. So expect to see lots more Jiu-jitsu in the future!!! Today I walked 2 miles. It wasn't the canyon trail I am missing but I needed to know I could walk that far and I could. I have lots is sore muscles but they just mean that I'm getting stronger. Tonight is another round of physical therapy stretching.

Food has been over my goal for calories the last two days (I drank wine both nights) but all my other macros were met. I'm gonna toss the remainder of the open bottle of wine and get back on track today. I'm on plan to meet my macros yet be under my calories for the day...

Sleep was shortened on Friday night due to an accidental Outlander marathon. Saturday was on time as planned.

My reminder sheet is a work in progress. It has the words in it but I want to make it pretty/interesting. I'm not the most artistic/creative so I'm still working on it!

This coming week has some challenges (a holiday on Wednesday!) but we have lots of meat precooked (or should I say smoked) and a good plan. I'm excited to get moving more and more.

• Like 4

Dibs on the burnt tips!

Glad to hear the foot keeps coming along.

Hahaha, I ate those first! They are long gone. But I forgot to mention that there was a pork roast too? For breakfast I'll fry little chunks of the pork in bacon grease tomorrow morning, jealous yet?

• Like 1