ixaera's first challenge!

freck

GET MORE LIKE CHUN-LI

2dqknGz.png?1

Disclaimer: I was never very good at Street Fighter, and I didn't play it very much because I wasn't allowed to have a console as a kid. I played sparingly on friends' setups, then when I was an adult, I just had trouble with consoles. PC for life now. (And I prefer RPGs ANYway, so.)

But Chun-Li stuck with me as my power kicking hero from the first time I played her as a kid. So here I am, my first challenge, Chun-Li themed.

I already have brown hair, so 1 out of 900 ain't bad.

Quest 1: Strength

Chun-Li is strong af. I am not. Yet.

Chun_Li_Kick.gif

Complete 18 muscle building workouts via p90x programs at home.

A = 18 B = 14-17 C = 10-13

Sub-quest for BONUS points: Complete 18 accessory workouts with at least 3x3 sets/exercises (choice of muscle mine)

All 18 = 3 points

14-17 = 2 points

10-13 = 1 point

(basically extra credit to help with the overall goal, so a 21 is possible, but would still just be an A)

Quest 2: Endurance

Chun-Li is tough.

chun_li_simple_double_punch_by_itzcuauht

Complete 11 conditioning workouts via the conditioning supplement program at the Krav Maga school. (This allows me to skip only one in the next 6 weeks to get an A!)

A = 11+ B = 8-10 C = 5-7

Quest 3: Knowledge

Chun-Li is skilled.

chun-ts-air9.gif

Complete 12 Krav Maga skills classes.

A = 12 B = 8-11 C = 5-7

Quest 4: Eat more better

I think Chun-Li is supposed to be a sugar addict, so, I'm not sure she'd approve of this one!

chun-ts-a6.gif

Eat 5 80g servings of fruits & vegetables (or more) 30 days

Eat no added sugar 35 days 29 days

Stick to 1 serving of whole/sprouted grains 35 days 29 days

Eat >70g protein 30 days <-- if this seems low it's because I have problems here and it's still improvement for me

Revamped Nov 9:

Eat 5 80g servings of fruits & vegetables (or more) 30 days

Eat > 70g protein 30 days

2 alcoholic drinks per week = 30 points, 3 = 20 points, 4 = 10 points, all else fail

Stay within calorie ranges. Conditioning class days can go up to 2000, all other days maintenance range. 30 days

Eat no added sugar 30 days, each 2 days of no added sugar grants a "credit" to use on a snack/meal that doesn't take away a point

Eat no more than one serving of whole/sprouted grain 30 days, each 2 days of compliance grants a "credit" for a snack/meal that doesn't take away a point

A = 175-180 B = 170-179 C = 165-169

(these values are for weeks 2-6, I'm counting week 1 as a B- and will average the two to find final grade--so I can still make an A- on this quest for the challenge if I hit every mark)
Week 1 = 170

Quest 5: Mental Health

chunli1.gif

Spend 5 minutes a day practicing meditation (30 times)

Spend 30 minutes a day writing (30 times)

A = 60+ B = 52-59 C = 45-51

Life Quest: Roundhouse kicking those chores into submission

chun-ts-a5.gif

Do 4 small chores or 2 big chores per day. Since this will be easy weekends and tougher some weekdays, 12 is the absolute minimum. 

A = 38+ B = 29-37 C = 12-28

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Here for this! You do have to start small to build good habits, nowhere is that more true than with diet! 

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Woo!  Awesome first challenge post!  I really like the detail here and the grading is flexible and makes sense for each challenge!  Also, ouch!  The P90x workouts I heard are really tough (I have done insanity for a while and mine crazy HIIT insanity).  Good luck on your sugar challenge too!  I'm also a massive sweet tooth so that's always been an issue for me.

Also!  Fantastic that you do Krav Maga!  That is really cool.  Though I'm doing my current challenge with the big and tough Warriors, considering your art and the side quests focused on Krav Maga, I think you should check out us Monk folks!  Stop by the Courtyard  any time and considered yourself sub'd!  :D

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

p90x is SUPER hard. I actually started doing these last week, and I mostly fall over a lot because there's a ton of balance work (and I'm not very strong lol). I included it as the main quest because I immediately saw how much I really needed to do it and wanted to make it my goal to stay on track!

I started cutting back on sugar about a year ago as part of my original quest to lose weight (which I did not do here and completed/have been maintaining for 4 months), but I'm definitely a sugar addict even now. Ice cream is my favorite. :D

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I do like me a good ice cream, though I have a weakness for cakes, especially flourless ones since I love the dark chocolate flavor they have.  I'm also a big fan of flan but I haven't found a good flan place where I live in a long time.

Balance work is something I found to be excellent for stability and for core work as well.  Does p90x do any weight in the training or is it mostly bodywork?  I've been slowly doing less bodyweight training and more strength training with weights, but body work is still quite excellent (especially with HIIT. love HIIT)

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

p90x is SUPER hard. I actually started doing these last week, and I mostly fall over a lot because there's a ton of balance work (and I'm not very strong lol). I included it as the main quest because I immediately saw how much I really needed to do it and wanted to make it my goal to stay on track!

I started cutting back on sugar about a year ago as part of my original quest to lose weight (which I did not do here and completed/have been maintaining for 4 months), but I'm definitely a sugar addict even now. Ice cream is my favorite. :D

More strength will give you an edge on balance for sure.

Chocolate. Chocolate is my weakness. 

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

I do like me a good ice cream, though I have a weakness for cakes, especially flourless ones since I love the dark chocolate flavor they have.  I'm also a big fan of flan but I haven't found a good flan place where I live in a long time.

Balance work is something I found to be excellent for stability and for core work as well.  Does p90x do any weight in the training or is it mostly bodywork?  I've been slowly doing less bodyweight training and more strength training with weights, but body work is still quite excellent (especially with HIIT. love HIIT)

oh my goodness, flan, YES. I also adore tres leches cakes. So much delicious evil in them.

I've been doing the first month of p90x3 in tandem with conditioning lately, so I just replace two of the bigger workouts with my conditioning. Total Synergistics does require dumbbells and a pull up bar (I use a band because I can't do a chin up or pull up, a goal for when I have a lot more core/upper body strength to work from).

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Tres Leches is amazing and evil, yes.  Same reason why I love rum butter cakes too: gooey moist yumness!

I need to get a pull up bar along with a band.  No place for it yet, but once the basement reno is done I think I have an empty door frame available.  Maybe.  Hopefully.

Spoiler

---

---

---

Chin-ups are a great goal...we had a progression going on here last challenge... ah, here it is: http://twentypullups.com/intitial-test/

Oh nice. Yeah, I would really love to do at least one unassisted (and then go from there). For now, I can do a couple of negative chin ups, and almost NOTHING on a pull up, so probably every accessory work out I do will include lat pull downs with my resistance bands.

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Wow, that's a very detailed first challenge. I love your theme. But I love your avatar even more. Saw them in a zoo in Vienna. So adorable. ;)

Best wishes for your first challenge. You can do it. Are you starting in week zero to test your goals?

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

I'm working on pull-ups/chin ups too. I'm not sure what I can do yet since the pull up bar I ordered hasn't come in the mail, but I can barely do horizontal rows, so I know I've got a long way to go. Good luck! I love all your Chun-Li gifs

"Then laugh, leaning back in my arms; For life's not a paragraph, And death, I think, is no parenthesis." ~ E.E. Cummings

Level 1 Tiefling Adventurer

Paladin of Stick 'Em With the Pointy End

This is looking good!

Race: Furyan - Class: Assassin

Level 0 | STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - WIS 0 - CHA 0

Squat: N/A - Deadlift: N/A - Bench Press: N/A - Overhead Press: N/A

Character - 01.17

Quote: "Dum vita est spes est."  "While there is life, there is hope."

Instagram - Twitter - myfitnesspal

Daily Battle Log - Challenge 1 - Challenge 2 Challenge 3 - Challenge 4

Squat: N/A - Deadlift: N/A - Bench Press: N/A - Overhead Press: N/A

Looks like a good start, if you need someone to hold the pads while you practice the speedy kick thing, let me know. I need to learn to take hits...

Hahaha, I wouldn't be able to make a garden gnome stumble. I have a lonnnng way to go :)

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Hahaha, I wouldn't be able to make a garden gnome stumble. I have a lonnnng way to go :)

Everybody starts somewhere, now. The only harm is in failing to try.

• Like 2

A little pre-game:

I've been going 4-5 weeks on Krav already, and I just had a birthday and have been kind of *ahem* overdoing it on the calorie intake. No big. Figured leading up to this challenge I could take a quick 2 class break and cut my intake to help make up for the last week, all while doing 10k steps daily so I'm not just sitting on my bum while enjoying my strength rest.

So that's 10k steps through Sunday on my cut deficit, then the mitts are out Monday as I throw myself into some KM & p90x3!

Edited to add: I just finished my 10k steps tonight, and I did this yesterday already, so 3 days to go!

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram