• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Every time I get a box, I wonder if you packed it....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't pack boxes... at Amazon! (bah-dum, tiss)

Since the last time I posted about work I have spotted or picked, a butt plug, hand cuffs with that black feathery frilly stuff on the cuffs, and bottles of personal lubricant ranging in volume from 2 oz. up to a liter.

Also these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YDFY3GU?keywords=kegel%20weights&qid=1450405353&ref_=sr_1_12&sr=8-12

Not the exact ones, but yeah, they make weights for exercising those muscles... GAINZ!

The ones I saw actually looked like miniature kettlebells... I call them "kegelbells."

• Like 1

Anywho...

Because Christmas orders have been coming in, I've been picking orders for the past three nights. 11 hours of nearly constant, brisk walking, stooping, bending, squatting and reaching. I've got 1 week left of my temp assignment. At least we're done with 11 hour days. When I go back on Sat. we'll be back on 10's. I just did my conversion application finally.  Assuming all goes well, It'll take a few weeks for them to process it, then I should be back on the gravy train in January.

Now I have to get some Christmas shopping done. Not much time to go from store to store, so most of it will be done via Amazon (WOMPWOMP).

• Like 4

I think in one of the last two days I have picked a few things that I remember stowing, in aisles/areas I can remember stowing them.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the gifts I'm ordering too.

Also, my drawing tablet is on it's way. I decided that I had the money to burn and this is important to me so take that willpower! Seriously though, I bought the small and hence cheaper one to play with. I almost decided to forgo the tablet altogether because ultimately I want to work with real paint. But living with the parents I have very limited space and they won't tolerate the extra mess of me making my own paint from milk and pigments. I need a lot of room to sprawl out and be able to leave things a certain way otherwise it'll be too much of a chore to set up and clean up every time I paint. The most important thing right now is developing my ideas before investing time and materials. Going digital will be a lot cleaner and quicker to get ideas out.

• Like 5

Final Challenge Write Up!

This challenge was all about maintaining my weight loss trajectory and good health habits despite having a new job in an Amazon warehouse.

Goal 1, Ketogenic Nutrition: B

I stayed keto until about the fourth week. Strangely, it wasn't T-day that made me drop this goal, it was just the fact that I was not recovering well from work. Keto lacks the ability to produce gainz, and the levels of activity I've had with my new job were definitely taking their toll on my body. After the long days of work, I was noticing a lot of tightness in my calves and shoulders that even 2-3 days off could not repair. So I made the decision to pull the plug early and i started eating carbs again. Things still get sore, but I do recover better on a day to day basis and after my days off I'm usually back to 100%.

However, the last two weeks, I've been working 11 hour shifts and due to lack of time and sleep, I haven't done much meal prep and have been eating too much fast food and even slamming sugary energy drinks during lunch because I've needed the extra jolt to keep going. I don't believe I've done too much damage, but I think fast food and sugary crap are not acceptable, so I knocked myself down to a B. The effort was spot on in the beginning, but at the end I haven't even been trying to maintain a healthy diet other than getting enough protein.

Goal 2, Maintain a Workout Routine: F

Similarly, I didn't have much time outside of work, and my lack of recovery has prevented me from investing time in a solid workout routine. However, I have learned what I'll need to do for future, which is for workouts, focussing on strength. During the post-holiday break (I have a lapse between my temp job and when I should be starting up again assuming they're interested in hiring me as a regular) I'm going to focus on designing a simple 5/3/1 type of program adapted to my current equipment, needs, and schedule. I get plenty of assistance lifting from work so I can use what little "gym" time I have to focus on the big compound lifts.

Goal 3, Mobility: A-

Basically, I did a pretty good job of stretching during my breaks at work. Not perfect, sometimes nature calls, and couple of times I felt loose enough that a few minutes of just sitting would be a better benefit than stretching.

Next, challenge I'm going to take my mobility game up a notch. I think I'm going to get a hold of NF yoga and work through that.

Life Goal: Makin' Bacon: A-

So I finally made some bacon. I was gonna track it but whatever. Anywho, I made enough money that I

1) am caught up with all my payments/bills etc.

2) have enough money in my account to pay off one of my credit cards completely. (I'm hanging on till I get a callback from Amazon for reg. employment).

3) am confident they'll ask me to stay because I've had perfect attendance and no points for being late etc. and overall good work performance.

Overall Grade: B-

I could've done a lot better, but I do have a good sense of what needs to be done next.

Also, I dropped around 10 lbs this challenge. mainly during the keto phase. Since going back to a carbier diet, I've noticed that my weight has stalled a bit, but things are fitting better. As always I tend to lose fat from the extremities first, and this week I noticed a lot more definition in my forearms. Not exactly a six pack, but its definitely sign of progress.

• Like 8

Well done for keeping things under control even with the upheaval of a new (and quite disruptive) job.

I'm also struggling with recovery despite not trying to restrict my diet. Is your intuition that carbs are important for recovering ? I've just been concentrating on protein numbers.

"I knew he was bluffing"

Well done for keeping things under control even with the upheaval of a new (and quite disruptive) job.

I'm also struggling with recovery despite not trying to restrict my diet. Is your intuition that carbs are important for recovering ? I've just been concentrating on protein numbers.

"I knew he was bluffing"

Carbs spike your insulin and a cascade of other recover and get big type of hormones which send you're carbs and protein into muscles and fat into fat cells. Much of the point of doing keto is to avoid these types of insulin spikes because if you're eating fat it'll get stored instead of burned. But if you're staying lean, all those carbs can get into your recovering muscles and repair what you broke.
  • Like 1

Merry Christmas to you too Ash!

Actually, finding that gif made up for it.

Hope your Christmas is awesome. :)

Lol, that movie is one of my Christmas favorites. :P

Your Swanson quotes have inspired me to give P&R another shot (I had watched through most of Season 1 before I gave up & couldn't take it anymore). Recently some friends told me that Season 1 cannot really be appreciated until the end & said they'd recommend to any new P&R'er to start at S2 and return to S1 at the end.

But them quotes are too good... so I am going to have to check out P&R S2.

Your Swanson quotes have inspired me to give P&R another shot (I had watched through most of Season 1 before I gave up & couldn't take it anymore). Recently some friends told me that Season 1 cannot really be appreciated until the end & said they'd recommend to any new P&R'er to start at S2 and return to S1 at the end.

But them quotes are too good... so I am going to have to check out P&R S2.

I can see that. I saw the first season when it first came out, and basically I thought it was just a lame Office clone. They pretty much copy-pasted the characters onto different actors and a new scenario. Then by the end of S2 they broke away from that when they added Ben and Rob Lowe's character (blanking on the name because even when I watch it I just see Rob Lowe). And once it became it's own show the plots got a lot better.

• Like 1

It starts finding itself at the end of season 1.  Check out the episode where Leslie goes on a date and Andy plays with his band, premiering the song "In the Pit."  It takes shows a awhile for the writers and actors to figure all the characters out.

• Like 1