The Chronicles of Rurik: Beyond Human v1.0

Rurik Harrgath

The Chronicles of Rurik:  Beyond Human v1.0 (Rise of the Viking Techno-Ranger)

My name is Rurik Harrgath, and this is neither the beginning nor the ending of my story… 

In 2020, humanity learned we were not alone in the universe.  The Aesir and Vanir, a race of cybernetically and genetically advanced superhumans, first made contact on a warm day in May of that year.  Far from the first time they had revealed themselves to humanity, it was that day in the Twenty-First Century that they had chosen to enlighten humanity and usher in a golden age of progress and tolerance.  Among their revelations the Aesir and Vanir introduced to us an entire cosmos full of advanced technology, space travel, and mysticism the likes of which we could scarcely comprehend.  In exchange we came to regard them as gods.  In time we discovered not only that we weren’t alone in the universe, but that our closest neighbors weren’t that far away, and not all of them were half so friendly as our would-be benefactors from Asgard and Vanaheim...

Where the Aesir and Vanir represented the cybernetically and biologically-engineered best of us, there were other denizens elsewhere who reflected other versions of us such as humanity’s cousins the Alfar of Alfheim and Dwarves of Nidavellir.  In time our three species would establish trade and commerce, contributing freely among the Three Sisters, as our worlds came to be called.  Still there were other beings more akin to an experiment gone awry, sequestered on prison worlds of their own; the Jotuns of Jotunheim were a twisted, gargantuan series of mutations that grew to resent not only our new gods but also all of their creations.  Further to the Jotuns were such primordial beings, savage elementals born of the most primal building blocks of their planet, the terrible ice and fire beings of Niflheim and Muspellheim respectively.  Their simmering, growing discontent was part of the reason the Aesir and Vanir chose to reveal themselves to humanity on Midgard.

Alongside those grotesqueries who would set into work maniacal schemes and machinations to serve as catalyst to the downfall of all civilization within the Nine Worlds, the giants and elementals were aided by one of Asgard’s own, the trickster-god Loki.  Both half a god of Asgard and half a child of Niflheim, Loki found himself torn between two worlds and his loyalty to both.  Ultimately he chose the latter, his homeworld rather than his adopted family among the golden gods of Asgard.

Now many hundreds of years have passed and the Golden Age of Men waxes and wanes.  Terrorist attacks, racial conflict between full-bloods and hybrid races, and government corruption have stymied the technological and biological advancements humankind once excelled at.  Furthermore there are rumors that the forces of Ice and Fire are preparing vast armies to strike a conflagration that will sweep across the cosmos and consume all within their path across the Nine Worlds…

Featuring a Viking from a Future Age, outfitted with the best in high-tech gadgetry and arcane prowess...

Welcome to my inaugural Dynamic Digital RPG (DDRPG) Challengeâ„¢! 

Above and below you may notice some creative writing; an expository piece remarking on a remarkable dystopian Sci-Fi setting loosely based on Norse mythology.  My character, through whom I've aimed to share a more realistic likeness of my own personality than past incarnations, will be embarking on a quest of sorts, a dungeon-crawler if you will.  Along the way he will be tested and not every situation will go in his favor.  Perhaps critical equipment will fail dramatically, perhaps a trusted companion won't be able to arrive in the nick of time, or the forces who oppose me will just prove too dire. 

Like D&D, dice rolls will determine the outcomes of these encounters, forcing a success or failure through chance.  But chance can be stacked in my favor.  My weekly goal successes and accomplishments will lend weight to the roll.  Completing an achievement as noted below will allow a re-roll of the die.  Some of the events I face will result in injury or failure, requiring a health potion or elixir in the form of a Bulletproof Beverage.  Other creative Bio-Hacking will increase my health pool.  Every little bit helps along the way!

While my Ultimate Quest is [Rurik's Journey to Chaotic Good Abs], my Challenge Quest is to become a Cyber-Steampunk, Magic-Wielding Viking Techno-Ranger and ignite my life with a passionate, nerdy conflagration full of fitness and healthy living.  That means injecting a unhealthy healthy dose of excitement and adventure to bring the fight to the drudgery of my conventional day to day.  The gear has been gathered, the training and nutrition more or less established, and now it's time to weave some magic and tackle reality...

Starting weight baseline: 191 lbs.

Maximum pullups: 8 strict.  Goal: 10.  Requires reevaluation.

Quest 1.0:  "It's 2354, and the world has changed.  Gone to Hell, more like."  RuckFit Ultraâ„¢ with Wolfenstein.  (+1 STR, +1 DEX, +1 STA, +2 CON)

• Following the Pathfinder training program, complete fifty (50) miles / eighty (80) kilometers rucked in 6 weeks.
  • Complete six (6) RuckFitâ„¢ WODs by end of challenge.
  • Finish three (3) RuckFitâ„¢ challenges.

Quest 2.0:  "Becoming the Techno-Viking takes more than just skill and street smarts..."  (+2 STR, +2 DEX)

• Attempt double-unders once per week. 
  • Follow The 20 Pull-up Challenge program.
  • Practice a Parkour free-run (the floor is lava) and/or OCR technique once per week.

Quest 3.0:  "Exploring isn't just about climbing mountains. Sometimes you gotta gear up, buckle down, and get the job done. Skills definitely pay the bills."  (+2 STA)

• Complete three (3) Urban Exploration challenges.
  • Bonus Quest:  Destroy something.  An old mechanical item, some pencils, anything.
  • Attempt three (3) climbing sessions in 6 weeks.
  • Practice one (1) Yoga balancing pose each week.
  • BONUS:  Complete [Heroic Mode] bonus quests as time permits.

Life Quest 1.0:  “Better Living Through Bulletproof Alchemy & Biological Transmutation.”  (+2 WIS, +2 CHA)

• Macro Accountability.  Daily goal: 2160 calories or less.
  • Drink a Bulletproof coffee/tea three (3) times per week.
  • Bonus Quest:  Continue experimentation to concoct the ultimate Alchemist’s Elixir of Bulletproof beverages.
  • Intermittently Fast twice (2) per week.
  • Bonus Quest:  Brewfest 2015.  Sample and review five (5) new beer.

Life Quest 2.0:  "Man, Magic, and Machine... It takes it all to survive the Nine Realms."

• Maintain debt repayment/savings budget.  Bonus $ to savings if budget succeeds and cash remains in my account by next payday.
  • Tinkering.  Play around with or start three (3) new tinkering projects (goggles, lamp, or otherwise)
  • Practice photography techniques every two weeks.

[The Music Dances to Techno-Viking] Achievement:  Right-Click to requisition that Supply Cache... It's time to upgrade my tech.  Successful completion of this 6-Week Challenge and adherence to Savings/Budget protocols will allow the purchase of one (1) item off my Wish List to be determined later.

Challenge Inspiration: Vikings, Cyberpunk, and Magic, Oh My!  This is a pure, uncut, 100% Shadowrun meets Norse mythology RPG of my own devising in the works here.  I blame this particular theme largely on DarK_RaideR for introducing me to Shadowrun, ShadowLion for inspiring me through her Techno-Rangery sorcery and gamification vibe (thank you for letting me borrow from your world!), and that same pesky Cyber/Techno/Steampunk kick I've been on lately.  This theme hearkened back to a particular Internet video that has been a relentless source of inspiration for me over the years and probably kick-started my interest in fitness to begin with almost a decade ago.  That's right, Hail to the Techno-Viking!

• Like 16

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Padded armor, Novigrad longsword, adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Astral Spreadsheet of Challenge Wisdom & Accountability

bf38ba3881f6073a96cf4005113e58ff.jpg

[Heroic Mode] Bonus Games:

d73TO3n.png Boulder Badge - Rock (Atlas Stone lifting... somewhere.)

cb1gwo8.pngCascade Badge - Water (Complete a 'soggy' ruck.)

bzs0jLi.png Thunder Badge - Electric (Ruck to the local power station and back, 9.2km round trip.)

ALW2kXv.png Rainbow Badge - Grass (Hike the 7km Hills route.)

H6Vzg2p.png Soul Badge - Poison (eat well for a week)

8jhAFkF.png Marsh Badge - Psychic (meditate 3 times in a week)

vbMIx1u.png Volcano Badge - Fire (do something outside on a hot day)

MzlFHnX.png Earth Badge - Ground (cover a lot of ground - walk 10km)

Complete List of Possible Achievements:

Quest 1.0:  "It's 2354, and the world has changed.  Gone to Hell, more like."  RuckFit Ultraâ„¢ with Wolfenstein.  (+1 STR, +1 DEX, +1 STA, +2 CON)

1. Sustain a sub-15:00 mile during a 5km+ ruck.
  2. Complete 15 miles rucked in one week.
  3. Complete 20 miles rucked in one week.

Quest 2.0:  "Becoming the Techno-Viking takes more than just skill and street smarts..."  (+2 STR, +2 DEX)

1. Attain a personal best of 20+ Double-Unders consecutively.
  2. Attain a personal best of 10+ Pull-ups consecutively.

Quest 3.0:  "Exploring isn't just about climbing mountains. Sometimes you gotta gear up, buckle down, and get the job done. Skills definitely pay the bills."  (+2 STA)

1. Practice a Yoga balancing pose four (4) times in one week.
  2. Practice a Yoga balancing pose seven (7) times in one week.
  3. Attain four (4) Pokemon badges over the course of the challenge.
  4. Attain all eight (8) potential Pokemon badges over the course of the challenge.

Life Quest 1.0:  “Better Living Through Bulletproof Alchemy & Biological Transmutation.”  (+2 WIS, +2 CHA)

1. Complete one full week without exceeding calorie intake goal.
  2. Intermittently fast four (4) days in one week.

Life Quest 2.0:  "Man, Magic, and Machine... It takes it all to survive the Nine Realms."

1. Complete one full tinkering project in two (2) weeks.
  2. Complete three full tinkering projects in six (6) weeks.
  3. Finish out the Minimalism Challenge PvP from Day 18 to Day 30.

RuckFitâ„¢ Challenges:

1. Two minutes maximum Push-ups.  Two minutes maximum Sit-ups.
  2. Five mile mountain/hill terrain ruck.
  3. Five mile overnight ruck.  Must start and end during night hours.
  4. Carry 20 pounds of coupons for 3 miles of your ruck.  Any item will do.
  5. Ruck 27 miles on top of the 50 mile requirement.
  6. Don't stop rucking until you've hit 10 miles.

• Like 4

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

The Beyond Human v1.0 Dynamic Digital Role-Playing Game (DDRPG)

Each weekly boss/scenario comes equipped with four Killing Blow abilities and has a minimum of 1000 HP.  Each Killing Blow counts as 250 Damage against Rurik.  One completed side quest, challenge, mini game (these points expire at the end of the week and cannot carry over.).  An avoidance ability consuming Tech, Dex, and/or Fort Points may also be used to cancel out Killing Blows. 

Additionally, an adventure companion may absorb a Killing Blow but their damage taken will result in their death unless a Companion Point is spent.  Companion Points are earned through keeping up with challenges, checking in on NF friends, and having the Rangers Gonna Ranger weekly Feat/Skill posted on time.  These expire at the end of the week and cannot carry over.

Certain Bosses and Scenarios will debuff Rurik or his companions with a Condition Effect.  Condition Effects always cost 250 HP but occasionally force an additional inconvenience upon our adventurers, ranging from Cold Effect (negates Dex abilities) to Wound Effect (negates Fort abilities), among others.

Calorie overages and other failures cost 250 HP before any Killing Blows are factored in.

Bulletproof Tea adds one Elixir (HP, DP, or Condition effects) per beverage for a maximum of 3/week.

Two Intermittent Fasting sessions recuperate up to a maximum of 250 HP per week, and only if Rurik is wounded (below max HP) going into the new week.

The untimely death of multiple companions or our hero himself does not necessitate the end of this challenge.  The goals and story will continue where we leave off.

Character Name: Rurik Harrgath

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Race: Human-Dwarf hybrid.

Class: Burnout Techno-Ranger (Engineer & Alchemist).

Occupation: Professional Adventurer, Amateur Tinkerer, half-assed Scavenger.

Vehicle of choice: Drakkar-class gunship

Companions:  To Be Announced.

Favored Equipment:

• fu6F1.jpg BlasTech Thunderer hand cannon Mjolnir

• 5Af0C.png Vibroknife

• 20150121002331.jpg Power Goggles with built in comms [+5 Tech],

• H4vuM.jpg Modulated Energy wrist gauntlet housing MagShield and datapad [+10 Tech, +5 Fort]

• G2hl.jpg Ãœber Industries Multitool (includes lock pick, spanner, network jack, pry bar, and bottle opener) [+10 Tech].

Inventory Items:  

• mJk4N.png (Alchemy) Runic Health Elixir [Recovers +100 Health]

• 4IGZf.png (Alchemy) Volatile Elixir of Ludicrous Firepower [Double Damage]

• FlZX3.png (Alchemy) Greater Elixir of Troll’s Blood [Removes 1 Condition Effect]

Starting stats:

• 1000 Heath Points. 

• + 25 Technology Points. 

• + 5 Fortitude Points.

• + 0 Dexterity Points.

• + 0 Damage Points.

Abilities:  

• Disengage [Dodge Attack/Avoid Scenario, Costs 10 Dex Points]

• MagShield Block [block Attack/Avoid Scenario, Costs 10 Tech and Fort Points]

• Solar Flare [blinds Enemy/Allows Escape of Scenario, only usable if Power Goggles are worn/in working condition and Costs 1 Challenge Point].

Ability Rewards & Costs

• Achievements earned award +100 bonus HP.

• Ruck:  250 Damage to Boss (up to a maximum of 3x/week)

• RuckFitâ„¢ WOD:  250 Damage to Boss (up to a maximum of 1x/week)

• Pull-ups:  250 Damage to Boss (up to a maximum of 1x/week)

• Double-Unders:  + 5 Dex.

• Parkour/OCR Run:  +5 Fort.

• Climbing Session:  + 5 Fort.

• Yoga Balancing:  + 5 Dex.

• Tinkering:  + 10 Tech.

Maximum Weekly Bonuses

• + 10 Dex (1x Disengage per week)

• + 10 Fort and + 10 Tech (1x MagShield Block per week)

• + 1 Challenge Point (1x Solar Flare per week)

• + 1 Companion Point (1x Companion Save per week)

• + 3 Elixirs

• +100 Bonus HP per achievement/mini game bonus earned.

• Maximum of 1250 Damage to Boss/Scenario.

• Potential of 1000 Damage incoming from Boss/Scenario.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lower Levels, Midgard.  Late October , 2354.

Harsh autumn rains pelted down from the heavens, driving all and sundry indoors.  Decades of unabated and uncontrolled polluting by a handful of industrial corporations with morals more loose than a street walker had pumped nigh immeasurable tons of chemicals into the atmosphere, and from time to time these sins were revisited upon the populace in the form of acid raid.  Some claimed it was this very same rain that began the first waves of mutations among those caught out in the miserable and often fatal weather.

No wonder the Gods abandoned this place to decay.

But this wasn’t Rurik Harrgath’s first futuristic space rodeo.  Against the inclement weather, he tugged the protective hood of his jacket over his head and dashed for the nearest establishment most likely to be serving the seediest of folks in this seediest of neighborhoods.  When forced inside by a chemical-laced downpour, he - like many others - found himself called by the siren song of the nearest fine, classy, and strangely ubiquitous liquor-serving establishment.  The bartender, such that he was, raised a bony eye-ridge to my presence, indicating a certain lack of decorum - or appreciation of any kind, for that matter - at the newcomer’s late arrival.  The cantina was already full to capacity and then some, and probably wasn't the most well-behaved of establishments to begin with.

Returning the bartender's mutated eye raise with one of his own, Rurik doffed the hood and crossed his way to the bar.  Intent as he was on first a drink or two, and maybe another four to five after even that, he dropped a handful of credits on the dingy reclaimed steel counter top and nodded his head toward one of the only three lit-up signs above and behind the bartender.

"One of the spiced ones," he indicated, force-injecting as much civility into his countenance as he could.  A grunt was the monosyllabic reply, but in short order a filthy glass topped to the brim with Rurik’s favorite low-rent autumn ale was placed before him and promised at least some respite from the piss-pour weather and the even pissier company.

Taking his ale in hand, he left the less-than-desirable presence of the fellow behind the counter and jandered his way through the crowded confines of the bar.  At the very least, he could seek out more pleasant company among the loitering clientele. 

Someone abruptly bumped into him then, spilling what would have been a delicious spiced autumn ale down the front of his jacket.  Thankfully his dark leather jacket was more or less waterproof, he was spared the marginal humiliation of strutting around and reeking like a homeless alcoholic for the day, but the disappointment at having missed out on his precious beverage was downright palpable.  When he spun to confront my would-be assaulter, he came face to face with one of the most beautiful women he had ever had the pleasure or misfortune of laying eyes on.

"Watch yourself!" was her terse adjustment.  Her body language was aggressive and she seemed to know how to handle herself, but he was swept miles away by the eerie bright yellow irises of her eyes.  Of all the mutations of have, hers seemed to be the most fortunate.

But she still needed an attitude adjustment in his opinion, and he hadn't come half as far as he had to be walked all over by some gutter shark.  "Haul off, yourself!" Rurik jabbed back, standing as tall as his hybrid frame would allow.  Coming from both Dwarvish and Human stock, he fell several inches shorter than most would call average, and if his less than divine height wasn't indicative enough, the massive beard he cultivated, with its intricate braids and blonde highlights, surely gave a nod toward his mixed blood.

Now that she took the time to see who or what she had butted into, the woman with the eerie but strangely mesmerizing amber eyes appraised him with a newfound air.  "Apologies," she allowed, placing a hand on her slender hip and cocking her torso to the side in a stance that seemed to be equal parts seductive tease and savage predator.  "There are enough pigs in here to fill a slaughter house, and I'm not of a mind to be preyed on by their likes."

"I've probably eaten enough bacon in my time to come as close to their like, but I've no time to mutter petty words.  There's ale to be had, and work to be found." he bantered back, shaking his mostly empty tankard at her.

"Apologies, again," she began.  "The drink I owe you for my boorish behavior, and after that maybe we could discuss a matter of mutual benefit.”

Standing again at the bar, with not one but two filthy tankards of autumn ale before him, all Rurik could think was that this woman he had known for all of two minutes knew him better than his own mother had.  The way to a man's heart was surely through access to boozy delights such as these...  "You mentioned something about mutual benefit?”

"I did.  A job, maybe.  If you’re interested.”  At that he scratched his beard thoughtfully, waiting for her to continue.  “My brother, Dante... well, he's managed to find himself in a certain amount of trouble, and the effort required to retrieve him from this debacle of his own design requires some measure of talents beyond my own."

"What kind of trouble are we talking about?”

She gestured flippantly.  “A patron of ours has requested we retrieve an item of certain importance to him.  A relic, if you will.  He was, shall we say, ‘arrested’ on route to retrieve it.”

Being no fool, Rurik knew that relics usually mean money, even if the effort required to put your hands on them occasionally outweighed the score.  She gestured with a delicate, manicured hand toward the goggles atop his head.  "Would I be wrong to assume those are perhaps modified from spec, and likely with an illegal tweak or two?”

Now it was his turn to offer a noncommittal grunt.

"I'm hardly a security agent asking you to incriminate yourself, uh..."

Fishing for my name?  Good luck with that, lady.  "You mentioned talents.  What is this job you had in mind anyway?  Something about springing your brother and laying hands on some fancy relic?  What trouble has this brother of yours gotten himself into that brings a daughter of Alfheim like you to the lower levels of Midgard?  You’re a few parsecs from home.”

She had the grace to look aghast.  "Half-daughter, but how did you..."

"Not many stroll around the filthiest levels of the city dressed as you are, and your style of dress lends a certain panache unlikely to be found among the lowly human denizens here.  Or maybe you hadn't noticed the kind of attention you’ve been garnering for the last few minutes," he raised an eyebrow and gestured briefly around them.

"Oh, yes.  That.  I came looking for the sort that knows their way around gear and gadgets, and doesn't ask too many questions."  The last remark was laden with a certain heavy respect of derision.

"You bumped into me, lady,"  the hybrid huffed back.  "And you brought up the job; not the other way around."

"I forget myself.  Let's start over.  My name is Visenya Gerhardt," she held out her hand, looking every part the spoiled high-born he thought her to be.  "But back to the topic of your goggles..."

Despite himself, Rurik raised a gloved hand to play with the round lens of her subject resting on his brow.  "The name's Rurik.  People call me Harrgath.  And the specs do their job nicely, and suit my lifestyle well enough."

"What manner of lifestyle would that be?"

"As you said, I'm the sort that knows my way around gear and gadgets."

She crossed her arms playfully, and for the first time a slight smirk replaced the sour expression she had been wearing since the moment of their meeting.  "You might be just the sort I had in mind."

"If we're still talkin' work, we might as well skip ahead to the juicy details.  What exactly do you need of me, and how much are you paying...?"

• Like 8

Oh man, this is going to be great!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Vikings cyberpunk and magic. That's a hell of a mash-up. Can't disappoint.

• Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

BOOM!

Fully edited, formatted, and through up my full challenge list.  Also added both my character sheet for RPG and the first IC entry.

LET'S DO THIS, NERD FITNESS REBELLION!

Oh man, this is going to be great!

wow such techno-ranger!

much excite!

This techno-insanity is 90% of your own doing... I'm not sure if you should be ashamed for proud of that fact.

Following, my semi-cyberpunk themed friend :)

I just cannot bring myself to be restrained by a mere single theme, Ruthie!

I was wondering what a Viking Techno-Ranger was...  Love this theme!!!  

It'll be developed and explored a lot more through IC story progress.  Some sense may or may not come of it... we'll see, I guess.  haha

Vikings cyberpunk and magic. That's a hell of a mash-up. Can't disappoint.

Now you see why I've been sitting on this so eagerly for weeks now, hey?

In for this.

Glad to have you, my friend.

• Like 3

Checking in and saying hi.  Some of you have been very quick to put a Challenge up!

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Skill Quest 1.0:  "Man, Magic, and Machine... It takes it all to survive the Nine Realms."

• Maintain debt repayment/savings budget.  Bonus $ to savings if budget succeeds and cash remains in my account by next payday.
  • Tinkering.  Play around with or start three (3) new tinkering projects (goggles, lamp, or otherwise)
  • Practice photography techniques every two weeks.

I look forward to seeing this! You can bet I'll be pestering about it if I don't see updates! Tinkering is the best. :D

• Like 1
This techno-insanity is 90% of your own doing... I'm not sure if you should be ashamed for proud of that fact. 

That percentage is a bit overstated (ShadowRun...D_R...), but I'm proud and pleased as punch to see what you've put together so far!

And I figured I'd better get in right at the start if I was ever going to keep up with your thread. 

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Haha! Double post...

964dffcaa6eb035916594e384b39fddeca1bfad4

• Like 4

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Storytime!  This looks amazing.

tumblr_mciigbgX5H1r5e2t3o1_500.gif

Thanks, QRG!

Checking in and saying hi.  Some of you have been very quick to put a Challenge up!

Some of us have been tireless anticipating this moment for weeks... haha!

I look forward to seeing this! You can bet I'll be pestering about it if I don't see updates! Tinkering is the best. :D

Oh, there'll be updates.  I have a tentative plan for tinkering with an industrial lamp up-cycle tentatively planned out already!

This is gonna rock! Looking forward to this my bearded brother.

From this day until the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remembered.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers,

For he today who shares his challenge with me shall be my brother.

• Like 3

That percentage is a bit overstated (ShadowRun...D_R...), but I'm proud and pleased as punch to see what you've put together so far!

And I figured I'd better get in right at the start if I was ever going to keep up with your thread. 

I have a sneaking suspcion that the postcounts from last challenge might only be scratching the surface for a bunch of us this challenge.  The unbridled enthusiasm reigning o'er this parts is borderline out of control!

Haha! Double post...

964dffcaa6eb035916594e384b39fddeca1bfad4

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?

That is seriously amazing, and almost perfect for my creative writing here... except, y'know, that beard is wholly inadequate.  But still...

This sounds like a fun journey to follow.

Glad to have you along, Brother Viking!

• Like 3

DAMN....what an intro!!! This is beautifully written, bubba! 

Man..I'm loving the story so far and couldn't help but laugh at this:

You: "My name is Rurik Harrgath, and this is neither the beginning nor the ending of my story…"

Me: "“My life never began the way it ended. That, I know was a fact. But before I can reveal any sort of ending…you have to understand where it all started, and that was the night they kidnapped my family…â€

HAHA. We planned a lot, but not that, lol. I'm so excited dude-and honored to tear up RuckFit with you!

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Page 2 in one minute shy of two hours!  

This challenge is gonna rock!

giphy.gif

Most definitely watching this space.  So many things to love here.

Great to see you, Marauder!

DAMN....what an intro!!! This is beautifully written, bubba! 

Man..I'm loving the story so far and couldn't help but laugh at this:

You: "My name is Rurik Harrgath, and this is neither the beginning nor the ending of my story…"

Me: "“My life never began the way it ended. That, I know was a fact. But before I can reveal any sort of ending…you have to understand where it all started, and that was the night they kidnapped my family…”

HAHA. We planned a lot, but not that, lol. I'm so excited dude-and honored to tear up RuckFit ™ with you!

The similarities never cease to amaze... I borrowed my introduction from the movie Centurion, but it's hilarious how things ended up though!

• Like 5

Awesome!!!  I'm really digging this challenge, and I'm sure this will help you get over your 'meh' challenge funk!  You're going to crush this one!  And I'm glad you're giving the parkour another chance.  Really, you have more awesomeness crammed into this challenge than seems possible.  I'm really loving all of the RuckFit stuff, the parkour, the exploration, the pull ups, the climbing, the yoga!  

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?

That is seriously amazing, and almost perfect for my creative writing here... except, y'know, that beard is wholly inadequate.  But still...

Techno-ranger sorcery - my google fu is strong. Card design for a game whose name escapes me atm. On phone; will check back when on better screen and can look it up.

Yeah, thought same about the lack of beard gloriosity... :)

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Oh. Freakin. Man.  I just got the kind of goosebumps I get when I first start reading a new epic novel from reading your first background post.  THIS SETTING/WORLD/RACES IS SO DAMN COOL.  The viking gods/alien cross over use is pretty freakin' genius.  And then it's also post-apocalyptic-ish too?! I can't even.

Oh and your goals look pretty awesome to boot! You're definitely sure to kick their butt. But I actually almost forgot about them when reading through the bar/intro post because it was so much fun to read, haha. I was almost going to hit "post" on this and then I was like wait.. why are we here? Oh right... lol. The Ruck Fit stuff sounds like it'll be a great addition here.

I'm really looking forward to see where you take the story!

• Like 3