• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Stand alone freezers FTW. Mine is hands down one of my fave big purchases, because I can buy organic meat in bulk as well as batch cook, buy tons of frozen veg and general have food available all the time (great for a Lazy Lazingson like myself)

• Like 1

I'm still building my overall challenge. I scrapped several promising ideas for various reasons and have been mulling over alternatives. Reading all the exploding posts in Rangerville has set my aspirations rather high, and I was already trying to combine gamification with a creative story line. To make it even more complex, I knew that this next challenge would coincide with major work/study/life demands, so I figured the best reality hack of all would be to combine my novel writing with a challenge. Scary, but smart, to serialize the story line from the prequel that is roughly outlined, but so far unwritten. It isn't really multitasking, it's more like layered living. Rangeritis at its finest - Overlap All the Things!

That's one way to redeem my writing goal failure of last challenge, even with less time available. Accountability - people asking for story updates and public humiliation if I fail to delver. :)

My process will be to post story segments (as well as changes to my original topic post) within the ongoing timeline so people don't have to jump back and forth to follow what is going on, Then I will update the original. Once the original is complete, I will note that. If you want to refer back, you can, but it should make basic sense without that if time is at a premium. Does that make sense? It's late and I'm tired...

• Like 2

Stand alone freezers FTW. Mine is hands down one of my fave big purchases, because I can buy organic meat in bulk as well as batch cook, buy tons of frozen veg and general have food available all the time (great for a Lazy Lazingson like myself)

That confirms my feeling that the only way D and I will have quality food on a regular basis (so that we don't default to eating out) is to use a stand alone freezer. We've been cutting some corners with our crazy schedules and that's not a smart strategy for the long haul. I don't know where we will put it, though. Need to do some more minimizing. We have a tiny kitchen and a weird dining room to den layout. I'll have to do some measuring and figure it out. 

Is it lazy... Or just working smarter, rather than harder? :)

• Like 2

That confirms my feeling that the only way D and I will have quality food on a regular basis (so that we don't default to eating out) is to use a stand alone freezer. We've been cutting some corners with our crazy schedules and that's not a smart strategy for the long haul. I don't know where we will put it, though. Need to do some more minimizing. We have a tiny kitchen and a weird dining room to den layout. I'll have to do some measuring and figure it out.

Is it lazy... Or just working smarter, rather than harder? :)

Do you have slave and a power point outside? I wish we did, that is where my freezer would be (but we are in a cheap-o house that doesn't have enough power points, period!) Just a thought 😊
  • Like 1

You never cease to amaze me with the sheer volume of things you're tackling, as well as the analysis, complexity and science behind them. I honestly believed you've managed to hack time. It's gotta flow slower just for you, there's no way you can do all that stuff. Taking Rangerdom to new heights!

Like the idea of keeping all the story together on the first page. Just, you know, let us know when it's been edited so we can go back and check.

Also, cats

89cba4eb21bf08118ccaa11a9b6d57a9.jpg

• Like 4

Yep! Will be looking for your suggestions and ideas. Once I can get my thread together! I keep getting caught up in the explosion that is the Rangers forum and spending my free time just trying to keep up with yours, Raxie's and Wolf's threads!

Good luck.  This challenge is getting out of control clear across Rangerdom!

You never cease to amaze me with the sheer volume of things you're tackling, as well as the analysis, complexity and science behind them. I honestly believed you've managed to hack time. It's gotta flow slower just for you, there's no way you can do all that stuff. Taking Rangerdom to new heights!

ShadowLion, Time and Reality Hacker.

• Like 2

Do you have slave and a power point outside? I wish we did, that is where my freezer would be (but we are in a cheap-o house that doesn't have enough power points, period!) Just a thought

Could put on the back porch from Nov - April. Gets so hot the rest of the year, though, don't think it'd be a good idea. 

You can always put the freezer in the den and let it double as a piece of furniture, depending on the kind you get. Chest Freezer? Free shelf space on top! Upright? Storage on top!

You are awesome, you got this.

Actually, I would put it in the den but for the carpeting. I may be able to put it at the end of the dining room if we turn the table 90 degrees. 

Or get a smaller table. We only use about half of it on a day-to-day basis and the other half tends to collect mail and paperwork. A small table would free up the big one to use as another desk/workspace in the den (that doubles as an office) and make us keep the table clear. 

Life Hacking 101 - Change your environment to foster the habits you want to create!

• Like 5

Like the idea of keeping all the story together on the first page. Just, you know, let us know when it's been edited so we can go back and check.

Also, cats

89cba4eb21bf08118ccaa11a9b6d57a9.jpg

I've been shorting myself on sleep again... :(  Which has been messing with the lucid dreaming and general alertness and energy levels. A sleep goal is in this challenge's future.

Story posting: I'm afraid I will overrun some post size limit, though. I am seriously considering making a GitHub or BitBucket repository to track version changes and people can just download it and read at their leisure. 

Cool techno-cat sorceress!

• Like 1

Good luck.  This challenge is getting out of control clear across Rangerdom!

ShadowLion, Time and Reality Hacker.

It's crazy!

See confession above. Got back on track the last two nights, though. Just need to formulate my actual goal. My Polar Loop helps with the tracking and accountability. Let's me know exactly how much time I spend sleeping and at various activity levels. That has been helping me a lot. Can't argue with the data!

• Like 1

Could put on the back porch from Nov - April. Gets so hot the rest of the year, though, don't think it'd be a good idea. 

Actually, I would put it in the den but for the carpeting. I may be able to put it at the end of the dining room if we turn the table 90 degrees. 

Or get a smaller table. We only use about half of it on a day-to-day basis and the other half tends to collect mail and paperwork. A small table would free up the big one to use as another desk/workspace in the den (that doubles as an office) and make us keep the table clear. 

Life Hacking 101 - Change your environment to foster the habits you want to create!

FURNITURE TETRIS!

It's funny, but lately in Rangerland 0 week has become RUNNING START WEEK, and I'm glad to see that you're using it to evaluate and fine-tune your plans rather than immediately hold yourself to an untested system.  OVERLAP ALL THE THINGS!

• Like 2

Hi, rowan! Maybe I am starting to learn a thing or two about pacing... I hope. It is a much saner pace with regards to everything else I've got going on. 

Yes! OVERLAP ALL THE THINGS!

I just learned what that is - and so far, it makes me want to bang my head against the wall a little :)

It takes some getting used to, but can really save your fanny on projects. Yay for version control!

Well my challenge is off to an exciting, if somewhat "shaky" start. We just had an earthquake. Felt a shockwave and wasn't quite sure what it was at first.

Funny for an old California girl to not recognize a quake, but it was so short and there wasn't the usual tremor with it. Felt like the whole house lurched slightly left, then right and that was it. Cats sat up and took notice! That was about 11:30 pm. Had another little bump about 20 minutes ago. Kind of cool - was able to go out on Twitter and see reactions and someone had a link to a reporting website, so I did my bit for science and then started to go down the seismic rabbit hole. Oh, Internet, how I love thee, and can get lost in your charms... Real time (nearly) seismic charting from Tucson. 4.1 magnitude, which is a big deal on this side of the Colorado River anyway. 

I've been getting around to threads and ironing out my challenge goal, but am still hung up on the story line. I've been trying to make my novel work as a challenge theme so as to make progress on my writing, but it feels forced. It really doesn't fit my fitness goals at this point. I don't know. I may just post the writing as a standalone accountability thing and not use it as role play. That leaves me without a suitable character for the challenge, though, I'm enjoying the other challenges that have that so much, I want to play, too!

Spent most of yesterday getting my exercise in a flurry of housecleaning. Finished up a Javascript class this weekend and am immediately applying some of the things I learned to a work project. Was just what I needed to take it to the next level. Yay, Udemy!

• Like 3

I am taking my first baby steps in learning HTML and CSS (because I am super tech illiterate :/ ) and it is ALL YOUR FAULT!  This is like the best game EVER.

• Like 3

Yeah, I still haven't finished my challenge writeup. (I count it a victory that I got my wrapup of last challenge done yesterday!) I'm doing all the goals I've planned, but haven't officially declared them... Too busy trying to keep up with the gigantic flood of awesome challenge posts around the forums during breaks from work. Holy cow, there is some amazing stuff going on!

I'll check back in and answer the above after I get through a round of software tests tomorrow. Fingers crossed. If I can get this thing successfully out the door by the end of the day Friday, it should mean a whole lot more work from this client coming my way in the next few months, some good work examples that I can show to prospective clients, and a bump up into a new category of services I can offer. And, I will gain some financial breathing room. I feel like I am at a critical juncture right now and need be incredibly focused to pull it off.

Tomorrow will be very intense. Any cat gifs would be much appreciated. :)

• Like 4