• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RoxyFreefall

Roxy is almost there...Take 2. {rmkwilson}

I love to hear kiddos when they have manners, especially at Halloween.  Wahoo for good parenting!  Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Happy Day 1!

WEEK 1 Day 1 and 2:

Day 1 I was under the weather and stayed home from work. I ate well enough. Not a lot of veggies, and carbs were higher, but I ate low calorie. I also fell a little short on my liquids. I did however eat enough power foods to give myself credit for that goal. I gather up enough energy to tag along to tumbling with my daughter and husband. I needed a shirt to wear to a wedding on Sat. With the walking/shopping I managed 13K steps. 1222/1554 (48% carbs)

Day 2 has been good. I feel much better. Just wish the rest of this headache would go away. I ate most of my alotted calories today, but that is what they are there for. Again too many carbs, but I ate my fruits and veggies and power foods today. I also am on track to reach 9-10 cups of fluids. I used my treadmill tonight for the first time since last winter, and completed NF Yin Yoga Stretching. The stretching was much needed. 1617/1692 (51% carbs)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 1:

Mulder's Quest Completion Tracking:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 2/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 2/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 40% of overall calories consumed 0/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 1/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 1/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows.

Scully's Quest Completion Tracking:
Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 2/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 1/4

The Lone Gunmen's Goals Completion Tracking:

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking
  • Like 2

I always see 10,000 steps as people's goal, usually when going with a FitBit or other tracker, but I have no frame of reference.  Is 10k steps a lot, like an exceptionally active day, or pretty much average?

I really have no idea.  :numbness:

• Like 1

I always see 10,000 steps as people's goal, usually when going with a FitBit or other tracker, but I have no frame of reference.  Is 10k steps a lot, like an exceptionally active day, or pretty much average?

I really have no idea.

Some group of "experts" (I have no idea who) say that 10K should be your goal to stay healthy. For me 10,000 steps is 4.8 miles or there abouts. Monday I walked 13K and it was 6.2miles. For me this is a busy day on my feet.

• Like 2

Some group of "experts" (I have no idea who) say that 10K should be your goal to stay healthy. For me 10,000 steps is 4.8 miles or there abouts. Monday I walked 13K and it was 6.2miles. For me this is a busy day on my feet.

Probably because 10k is a nice round number.

• Like 1

I really have no idea.

Probably because 10k is a nice round number.

Cause now I was curious I looked it up. Turns out around the time that Japan had the Olympics fitness trackers and pedometers became popular there. One of the companies used 10,000 steps as the name of their product and in their ad campaign. It sort of just stuck from there. Since then some studies have been done and report that 10K steps per day does reduce the risk of heart disease. But really the idea of a 10K step goal is just to prevent people from being sedentary.

• Like 2

Cause now I was curious I looked it up. Turns out around the time that Japan had the Olympics fitness trackers and pedometers became popular there. One of the companies used 10,000 steps as the name of their product and in their ad campaign. It sort of just stuck from there. Since then some studies have been done and report that 10K steps per day does reduce the risk of heart disease. But really the idea of a 10K step goal is just to prevent people from being sedentary.

There isn't a chance in heck that I would log 10k steps on an average non-rucking day.  Probably more like 36 steps.  Yeah, 36.  That's from the Man Cave to the kitchen/bathroom a few times. 

I'm that sedentary outside of my fitness routines.

aSJGX.gif

• Like 3

Tell me more about the steps.  I was just gifted a fitbit band, but it's still sitting in its package.  Is that what you use to track your steps?  And how much of a pain is it to get it up and running (or up and walking as the case may be)?  Is there anything you would change if you were starting fresh?

WEEK 1 Day 3:

I am quite happy with Day 3. I was on track to over eating and instead of giving up and eating a lot more  I wrangled in the food and ended with 14 calories to spare. Carbs are still a little high. I think I will change this goal to 45% carbs with +2% allowed for passing. I kept to my calorie goal by walking my steps, doing to rounds of black widow workout and 20mins of NF yoga mobility work. I got up in the middle of the night and my legs were sore. Signs of a great work out.

I am hoping for a great weight watchers weigh in today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 1:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 3/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 3/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 40% of overall calories consumed 0/7
     *Starting with Day4 this goal will be 45%
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 2/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 2/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows.

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 3/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 2/4

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking
  • Like 2

Tell me more about the steps.  I was just gifted a fitbit band, but it's still sitting in its package.  Is that what you use to track your steps?  And how much of a pain is it to get it up and running (or up and walking as the case may be)?  Is there anything you would change if you were starting fresh?

I have a Garmin VivoSmart. It is like a smart watch for fitness tracking (notifies me of messages, controls phone volume, plus fitness tracks). Mine was fairly easy to set up. Just down load the app, connect the device through bluetooth, and start walking. You can also connect it to a computer that has bluetooth. I am not familiar with the fitbits other than they are popular and folks seem to like them. I believe fitbit once set up automatically sets your step goal to 10K. Garmin starts at 5500 or so and builds you up to 10K+, but also lets you set your own goal. If I were to get a new tracker today I may look into one with a heart rate monitor built into the watch band. Mine will work with a heart rate chest strap but I never use it. It is just something extra to have to put on. Getting in my 10K can be hard. Most days in the evening I have to make special time to walk to complete my steps. I either march in place in front of the TV or I go into the basement and use the treadmill. I prefer to walk outside but the season for that is over.  I like getting my steps in. Even if it isn't an exercise day (lifting or cardio) I feel that I have been active.

I have a Garmin VivoSmart. It is like a smart watch for fitness tracking (notifies me of messages, controls phone volume, plus fitness tracks). Mine was fairly easy to set up. Just down load the app, connect the device through bluetooth, and start walking. You can also connect it to a computer that has bluetooth. I am not familiar with the fitbits other than they are popular and folks seem to like them. I believe fitbit once set up automatically sets your step goal to 10K. Garmin starts at 5500 or so and builds you up to 10K+, but also lets you set your own goal. If I were to get a new tracker today I may look into one with a heart rate monitor built into the watch band. Mine will work with a heart rate chest strap but I never use it. It is just something extra to have to put on. Getting in my 10K can be hard. Most days in the evening I have to make special time to walk to complete my steps. I either march in place in front of the TV or I go into the basement and use the treadmill. I prefer to walk outside but the season for that is over.  I like getting my steps in. Even if it isn't an exercise day (lifting or cardio) I feel that I have been active.

Thank you!  I really like the idea of starting at a lower step count and working up.  Guess I'll just un-box the thing and see what happens.

Great day 3 - food wrangling and embracing the leg soreness!

• Like 1

I am quite happy with Day 3. I was on track to over eating and instead of giving up and eating a lot more  I wrangled in the food and ended with 14 calories to spare.

This might sound tacky, but I don't care... you're an inspiration to those of us who struggle with daily calorie tracking.  Wrangling it in.  I'll have to remember that one!

you're an inspiration to those of us who struggle with daily calorie tracking.  Wrangling it in.  I'll have to remember that one!

Awe Shucks! Thanks. I have unfortunately been doing it for so long that I am way past the "This sucks" stage and am at the "wait I already tracked this? when did I do that" stage.

• Like 2

WEEK 1 Day 4:

Not a bad day. 1511/1512 (47% carbs). Not enough veggies with dinner (this seems to be a reoccurring issue). Took a rest day from workouts. Still need to make reading and gaming time. This weekend seems promising. Tonight I think I will do some yoga...maybe try NF star series B. I haven't done that one yet. I need to wrangle those calories in again today. Those Peanut butter and strawberry smoothies are calorie killers.

Week 1:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 4/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 4/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 40% of overall calories consumed 1/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 2/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 3/7

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 4/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 2/4

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking

WEEK 1 Day 5 and 6:

Friday and Saturday were fairly good days. I was close to goal both days, so I think I will cut myself some slack and count them as passing. 1665/1663 and 1564/1551. Friday carbs were 44% and Saturday at 34%. Yes saturday my carbs were low, but my % fat was at 48% and these were all not good fats. But my gaol is for carbs so both days pass. Not many power foods to speak of though so this goal does not pass. Either does the fruits and veggies goal.  really need to work on this one. Good nutrition is important.

Friday NF Yoga Star Series B happened. Backbends and crow pose and lunges...OH MY! Yeah that work out used a lot of quad strength and wrist strength. Holding plank and downward dog for that long really wears my wrists out. But it was a great video. Of course steps happened both days too.

Today my goal is to do laundry and game...and maybe craft. Still need to get in some reading time. Not sure I can get that done today too.

In other news. Friday my cousin and his wife had their baby, a little boy. So exciting. Then Saturday, another cousin got married. Her wedding was some what casual and was a lot of fun. It was a big food challenge for me though. 1) finding gluten free options 2) sticking to plan. It was an appetiser/finger foods recipetion with a BBQ later in the evening. We were not staying for the BBQ and just ate some appetisers. Not much in the way of gluten free. I had some bacon wraped smokies and pest chicken bites. The desserts were pies and cake. So food was light for me. There was wine though and I did partake in that. Not having many GF options made it easy to stay on track with calories. Dinner wasn't healthy but didn't put me too far off budget. I am sure the wine puts me way over, but I refuse to track alcohol. It doesn't happen often. So two great days for my family.

Week 1:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 6/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 4/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 40% of overall calories consumed 3/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 5/7

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 6/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 3/4

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking
  • Like 1

WEEK 1 Day 7:

Day 7 was not so great for food. My brain was tired of thinking about calorie budgets and tracking. So I took a day off. I didn't actually overdo  the food until after dinner. I snacked for no good reason. The trigger (goal 6) was frustration from working so hard all the time. I work full time and rarely take tie to just relax. Sunday's have gotten so busy that I don't typically sit down until dinner. I am so tired of it. So mentally I collapsed and didn't track so over did it.

I did however do some upper body work and got in my steps.

I got in a few minutes of gaming, but I did not get to my crafts or reading. My husband was anxious to start the new season of Haven.

Week 1 Wrap Up:

Week 1 went pretty well. Sunday was rough and Saturday was not as good as it should have been. But over all it was a good week. I am using my weigh in from yesterday rather than today. Today's weight is almost 2lbs more than yesterday. Thinking maybe not real (water weight from carbs and salt), so I will use yesterdays. Exercise has gone great! Mulder would be proud of my improvement. I kept at it and persisted through almost to the end. The Lone gunmen goal is not going too bad either. I finally got in some gaming and I am tracking finances very well. Money has been much better since we started tracking it. I would like it to get even better, but I have yet to find a way to get groceries cheaper. Wal-mart is about as good as I can do, with the occasional trip to Aldi's.

My biggest flaw this week was eating produce. This needs some work and better planing. I am restocked and think and will make a better effort. Groceries are all well stocked now actually. So they cost me more this week but should last me a couple weeks if I plan properly. Lot of home cooking possibilities.

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 6/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 40% of overall calories consumed 3/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 6/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows. 1 Trigger identified this week

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 7/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 4/4

1. read Incomplete
  2. game Complete
  3. money tracking Complete

Weight Tracking:

Week Starting Weight (10/26/15) = 167.6lbs

Week 0 End Weight (11/2/15) = 164.5lbs (-3.1lbs)

Week 1 End Weight (11/8/15) = 163.3lbs (-1.2lbs, -4.3lbs total)

• Like 1