• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RoxyFreefall

Roxy is almost there...Take 2. {rmkwilson}

Not having many GF options made it easy to stay on track with calories.

Love how you find the silver lining for GF eating.  Making calories "easy".  I'm saying it tongue in cheek, of course, because resisting wedding appetizers has got to be a huge challenge.  But you see it in the best possible light.  A great way to look at it.

Glad you had a chance to enjoy the wine, too, without worries of tracking.  It's nice to have a special treat.

Hope you have a good week with all your fresh produce and home cooking.

WEEK 2 Day 1:

I am having a hungry week. But I am trying to keep it under control. Last night dinner was left overs pulled from the freezer. Calorie count was 1527/1511, 58% carbs. Counting the calorie count as a pass since I am within 20 calories of goal. I did squeeze in some tomatoes and peas with dinner. Produce is a pass for the day. Walked my steps and drank my fluids.

Today I am trying to control myself. Not doing well though. Need to be strong like Mulder and Scully and tough through this day.  I would like to do some yoga tonight but my hands and wrists have been sore. I am not sure what the cause is. Maybe the yoga and Black widow work outs. All of it seems to put me in plank or downward dog a lot. I need to work out but Not sure what to do tonight. I also need to figure something out for dinner. Really I just need to decide on something.  Maybe chicken with butternut squash and corn on the cob.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 2:

Mulder's Quest Completion Tracking:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 1/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 1/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 0/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 1/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 1/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows.

Scully's Quest Completion Tracking:
Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 1/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 0/4

The Lone Gunmen's Goals Completion Tracking:

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking

WEEK 2 Day 2:

So yesterday happened. Not much positive to report. I walked my steps, and ate my veggies. I did not make chicken, I had meatballs instead. I steamed the butternut squash and it smelled horrible. I made myself try it anyway. First bite was better than it smelled, second bite proved I couldn't eat it. Oh well good to try something new.  I tried to stay moving last night, but it was all I could do to get in my steps after dinner. After I finished my steps I sat down with the intent of it only being for a minute and fell a sleep. That was at like 7:30. I woke around 8:45, then got ready for bed. Fell asleep again at 10. I think the time change and it getting dark at 5:30 is taking its toll. I intended to do some NF Yoga mobility work. I thought that would give me a light WO and not put strain on my wrists. I also did some research. It seems an acceptable modification is using fist rather than flat hands. That way the wrist is not extended. Or they suggest doing what poses you can on your forearms. I may try that tonight.

I did finally fix my daughters bumblebee though. He had a whole so I stitched him up. She was pleased.

Today I am attempting a low calorie (my version of fasting) day. Keeping things light to make up for the "I'm sleepy" munching yesterday. Lots of water is on my agenda for today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 2:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 1/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 1/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 0/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 2/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 2/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows.

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 2/7

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking

Why not go to Steve's blog and search workouts, there are a ton on there.

I will check it out. Thanks.

Hmmm.  I never tried to steam butternut squash.  I wonder if that makes a difference.  I like the taste when I roast it.  And since my last new recipe, I'm going to try caramelizing any squash I see.  I'm impressed you actually tried it after being turned off by the smell.

Hope you figure out a solution for the sore wrists.

WEEK 2 Day 3 and 4:

I was getting ready to say how badly this week has been going then I stoped and updated my tracking numbers below based on MFP. I have been eating too much and not making the best choices, but I have been squeezing in my fruits and veggies, keeping carbs low, and driking my water. I have even found some exercises I can do that don't use my wrists. So all in all not a wash out week.

Day 3 I did some stretching and core work on my exercise ball

Day 4 I remembered that I have Zumba DVDs and pulled out a 20min express video. I forgot how great of a work out it is. Will definitly use it more while I try to rest my hands.

In other news Weight Watchers is raising the monthly fee by $5 a month. That is not a lot but enough to get me more motivated to get to the free zone. So I am getting my act in gear. Back to strick "power food" eating and eating the right amount. There are 7 weeks left in 2015 that is more than enough time to lose 6lbs. After I lose 6-7lbs than I have to maintain for 6weeks. Once I do that then ...free baby! If I am diligent I think I can get to goal in 4 week.

Week 2:

Food:

3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 3/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 4/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 4/7

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 4/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 2/4

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking
  • Like 2

WEEK 2 Day 5-7:

What DID happen:

drinking my fluids

walking my steps 2 out of 3 days

gaming

What DID NOT happen:

tracking on MFP

eating low carb or fruits and veggies or "power foods"

exercise

I am not really upset about this week. I didn't take a real break after the last challenge, so lets just call this a mental break. I did do a lot of thinking and planning. I went to the grocery store with WW Power Foods in mind. I bought only what we needed and what I knew was good for me. I will have a protein smoothie every morning for breakfast. I made a pot of lower in fat lower in carb chili for lunches (which I have with a banana and yogurt). I also made a sloppy joe casserole to have for dinner over the next 4 days. It is usually low in fat, but I didn't follow my own recipe close enough. So it is a little higher fat but not much. I will add some veggies to round it out. Meals are made and planned for at least 4 days.

On to week 3!

Week 2 Wrap Up:

Food:

4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 4/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 7/7

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 6/7

1. read
  2. game COMPLETE
  3. money tracking COMPLETE

Weight Tracking:

Week Starting Weight (10/26/15) = 167.6lbs

Week 0 End Weight (11/2/15) = 164.5lbs (-3.1lbs)

Week 1 End Weight (11/8/15) = 163.3lbs (-1.2lbs, -4.3lbs total)

Week 2 End Weight (11/15/15) = 163.7lbs (+0.4lbs, -3.9lbs total)

• Like 2

I am not really upset about this week. I didn't take a real break after the last challenge, so lets just call this a mental break. I did do a lot of thinking and planning. I went to the grocery store with WW Power Foods in mind. I bought only what we needed and what I knew was good for me. I will have a protein smoothie every morning for breakfast. I made a pot of lower in fat lower in carb chili for lunches (which I have with a banana and yogurt). I also made a sloppy joe casserole to have for dinner over the next 4 days. It is usually low in fat, but I didn't follow my own recipe close enough. So it is a little higher fat but not much. I will add some veggies to round it out. Meals are made and planned for at least 4 days.

On to week 3!

Lots of folks had a rough time with Week 2, so know that you aren't alone.  I had a rough time with illness and some headspace issues, but I have battled back and we're steady on for Week 3!

Get your affairs in order for some serious arse-kicking, Roxy.  I have a feeling we'll see great things over the next 7 days!

• Like 2

WEEK 3 Day 1:

A very good day. Everything planned happened. Carbs = 42% Calories= 1532/1609. Lot of power foods. The best part was getting my daughter to try yellow squash and know that she actually likes my sloppy joe casserole. There is not to much of my cooking that she willingly eats. There are a few things that I have forced her to try that then she decides is okay, but each time I make it she forgets it was good. Oh Well what do I expect from a 4yr old. LOL.

Day 2 will be more the same only with Zumba. :)

Week 3 Wrap Up:

Food:

3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 1/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 1/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 1/7

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 1/7

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking
  • Like 1

WEEK 3 Day 2:

Another good day. I walked my steps, and did a 20min round of Zumba. I ate my calories, but was just over on Carbs. 1805/1556, 48% carbs. My steps have started counting as more calories, I wonder if Garmin changed something or if the system is screwing up. Oh well nothing I can do but trust the system and not go overboard with eating.

Each year a do a digital scrapbook for my daughter. It goes from birthday to birthday. I was a little late getting this one done, but I finished last night and ordered it today. I always order 3 copies, one for each grandparents and myself. I usually have it done by my moms birthday 11/23, but I was late this year. It will have to be a Christmas gift instead. I did save a lot of money with discount codes though. So YAY! It would be smart of me to get an earlier start on my next one.

Week 3 Wrap Up:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 2/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 2/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 1/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 2/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 2/7

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 2/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 1/4

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking
  • Like 1

WEEK 3 Day 3 and 4:

Day 3 was good and under control. I ate to much for breakfast but compensated with a small dinner. Day 4 has been good too. I took a sick day to have my wrists looked at. I have gotten a lot done today. NF stretching video completed along with my steps. I have eaten well today as well. Bought my mothers birthday gift, went to a weight watchers meeting since I missed my at-work meeting, and relaxed a little. Both days I have stuck pertty well to my power foods list, and been drinking a lot of water. Getting in my 10K steps isn't always easy but I get it done.

The doc thinks that I have carpel tunnel and the yoga was irritating it. I tend to agree. She wants me to keep up the yoga, but modify or avoid poses that put a lot a pressure on my wrists. I have braces for sleeping in and I am going to find an ergonomic pad for my keyboard at work. I think I can manage this. :)

Week 3 Wrap Up:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 4/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 4/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 4/7

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 4/7

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking

What a great idea to do the yearly digital scrap book.  Photos pile up so quickly these days, but it's hard to keep track of the good ones.  I'm sure the books are a treasured gift for the grandparents.

Looks like the doctor gave you good advice for the wrists.  I'm glad she encouraged you to keep doing the yoga.  You're really doing such a great job with that...and you didn't give up even with the extra pain in the wrists.  I hope the sleeping braces and ergonomic adjustments at work help, too.

What a great idea to do the yearly digital scrap book.  Photos pile up so quickly these days, but it's hard to keep track of the good ones.  I'm sure the books are a treasured gift for the grandparents.

Looks like the doctor gave you good advice for the wrists.  I'm glad she encouraged you to keep doing the yoga.  You're really doing such a great job with that...and you didn't give up even with the extra pain in the wrists.  I hope the sleeping braces and ergonomic adjustments at work help, too.

Thank you. So far the braces are cumbersome but help me to sleep in a helathy way ( a healthy way for my wrists anyway :)  ).

The scrapbooks are great, I alwas seem to miss something in them though. Oh well, that is why we have all the hard copies of things. :redface-new:

WEEK 3 Day 5 and 6:

The good eating continues. Today I did not get my fruits and veggies, but other than that I have done remarkedly well. It has been a busy day. Trying to get ready for Thanksgiving. I host for about 35 family members. Today was shopping and trying to get my basement fridge to cool off enough to put the turkeys in there. I forgot to plug it in yesterday, so the turkeys sat out on my deck all day. If I leave them out there all night I might end up with coyotes and raccoons feasting. But I think all is well now. Tomorrow I plan on getting tables set up and organize a little more.

Tomorrow will also hopefully leave time for a zumba or yoga work out. And can you believe after like 3-4 hours of grocery shopping today I will have to go tomorrow to get some thing to eat over the next few days. I was so focused on Turkey day plus my mom busys the feast foods that I did not get food for the rest of the week. I hate the grocery store and the weather today...windy, cold and wet.

EDIT: Oh and maybe tomorrow I can actually read everyone elses challenges. I am behind b like a week. :nightmare:

Week 3 Wrap Up:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 6/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 5/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 5/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 5/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 6/7

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 6/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 3/4

1. read
  2. game COMPLETE
  3. money tracking
  • Like 2

WEEK 3 Day 7:

Day 7 was busy. No time to read or catch up on threads. I also didn't get to a couple projects I wanted to complete. But I did get the basement set up and cleaned. Also got the yard work done. I have a couple days to get the two small project done, then Wednesday will be busy cleaning and cooking. My oven is going to be busy.

A little disappointed this week by the weight loss. I did everything right and only lost .3lbs.  I was down to 161.1 saturday but weigh in day (Sun) it went back up to 163.4 and today even higher. I just gotta keep at it and see what happens I guess.

Money tracking is so helpful, but I need to go through the budget app and make sure everything is recorded. I think we may have slipped a little this week. I found game time earlier this week. Reading time is hard to come by.

Triggers were few this week. Sunday I ate 2000 calories but that was by choice. I could have stopped, but chose not to.

Week 3 Wrap Up:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 6/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 5/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 6/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 5/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 7/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows. COMPLETE- Successful week. Ate too much by choice sunday, but no trigger just filled a craving.

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 7/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 4/4

1. read
  2. game COMPLETE
  3. money tracking COMPLETE

Weight Tracking:

Week Starting Weight (10/26/15) = 167.6lbs

Week 0 End Weight (11/2/15) = 164.5lbs (-3.1lbs)

Week 1 End Weight (11/8/15) = 163.3lbs (-1.2lbs, -4.3lbs total)

Week 2 End Weight (11/15/15) = 163.7lbs (+0.4lbs, -3.9lbs total)

Week 3 End Weight (11/22/15) = 163.4lbs (-0.3lbs, -4.2lbs total)

• Like 1