Roxy is almost there...Take 2. {rmkwilson}

How is week 4 going so far???  

Hope you have a fun and yummy, yet guilt free Thanksgiving!

How did week 4 end?

Right We were still on a challenge this week. :o

Week 4 happened with out tracking and without any extra activity. Monday- Wednesday there is no excuse. I should have stuck to plan, but couldn't find the energy with all the prep work for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was a success. 38 people in the house to eat. I managed to not burn anything. :) But one of the turkeys was not done in time, but it finished before everyone had eaten. Plus there were so many other things I don't think it was really missed. I made a loaf of Gluten Free Roasted Garlic Potato bread. I told a few folks it was GF. I was worried the family would try it and think it was terrible because they didn't know it was different. But it was a success. I also made myself a GF pumpkin cheesecake. It was good. Friday-Sunday I have spent taking thanksgiving decor down and putting Christmas decor up. I have also managed to finish off what little left overs I had. I have also been taking care of a cold. Feeling a little better today. I plan to get back on plan tomorrow. It is ~3 1/2 weeks to Christmas. Plenty of time to make some progress.

Went to go see the last installment of the Catching Fire movies. It was good. I really enjoyed it.

My Husband and I are very close to finishing up Santa's shopping. My parents took Micah for 2 nights so we could rest and get some shopping done.

This weeks is a success simply because I didn't lose my head, didn't ruin any of the holiday foods, and didn't cave in to gluten (as far as I know).

Week 4 Wrap Up:

Mulder's Quest Completion Tracking:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 0/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 0/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 0/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 0/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 7/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows. COMPLETE- No real triggers other than the Holiday. I managed to not stress eat or anything like that.

Scully's Quest Completion Tracking:

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 7/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 0/4

The Lone Gunmen's Goals Completion Tracking:

1. read
  2. game COMPLETE
  3. money tracking COMPLETE - This is going well. I need to look hard at the budget to make sure as little of the Christmas gifts as possible go on teh credit card. I am going to try to avoid it all together. Even if that means taking what I have saved from other budgets, such as gardening, entertainment, etc.

Weight Tracking:

Week Starting Weight (10/26/15) = 167.6lbs

Week 0 End Weight (11/2/15) = 164.5lbs (-3.1lbs)

Week 1 End Weight (11/8/15) = 163.3lbs (-1.2lbs, -4.3lbs total)

Week 2 End Weight (11/15/15) = 163.7lbs (+0.4lbs, -3.9lbs total)

Week 3 End Weight (11/22/15) = 163.4lbs (-0.3lbs, -4.2lbs total)

Week 4 End Weight (11/22/15) = 162.9lbs (-0.5lbs, -4.7lbs total)

• Like 2

Week 5:

Day 1 and 2 have been busy. Tis the season I guess. I have been doing much better this week. I ate a little too much yesterday, but carbs were low and I got in all my fruits and veggies. I hope to do some yoga tonight. My joints are stiff and they need it.

On a happy note. I successfully walked my 1,000,000 steps for my WashU Moves walking challenge at work. I had until Dec 10th (the challenge started Sept 2nd) and I am already there. I get a nifty work out belt/pouch thing for hitting 500,000 and an umbrella for hitting 1mil. BUT there is a down side...I now no longer have the motivation to move. The last two days I have literally argued myself into walking.

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 1/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 1/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 2/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 1/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 2/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows.

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 2/7

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking
  • Like 1

You would make us happy if you walked. Is that not all the motivation you need?

Yes! I also sort of don't want to break the streak on my fitness tracker, but OH a day to just veg. *In a dream like voice*... Sitting in bed with my laptop gaming, snacking, and watching a marathon of x-files...only getting up for more snacks! *Snaps out of it* A girl can dream.

• Like 3

Congrats on a successful Thanksgiving!  38 people and everything stayed sane.  Sounds marvelous.

On a happy note. I successfully walked my 1,000,000 steps for my WashU Moves walking challenge at work. I had until Dec 10th (the challenge started Sept 2nd) and I am already there. I get a nifty work out belt/pouch thing for hitting 500,000 and an umbrella for hitting 1mil. BUT there is a down side...I now no longer have the motivation to move. The last two days I have literally argued myself into walking.

I've been vaguely aware of a walking challenge in the PVPs.  Now that I'm tracking steps, I'll probably look into it more for the next challenge.  Might be a good way to get a new walking goal/motivation.  After a few days of rest, that is.  I think you earned a few days off for a million steps - a week early!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/73946-walk-the-line-2-nov-14-dec/

• Like 1

Week 5:

Yesterday was um...lets not say terrible, but lets say not optimal. I gave in to munching. I am not sure the trigger. Frustrations are high with work and being bored with walking (especially now that it is cold out) could be the culprit. I need to find a new series on netflix to watch so the treadmill is interesting again. Any suggestions?

I did get the wrapping caught up. That feels good. I was also smart this year and did not wrap gifts on the floor. I wrapped on a table and my cats know that getting on the tables in a no no. But it was still an adventure. One of them wrapped himself in a bag. All he needed was a bow...and to be rescued from the bag. Also, I only have maybe 4 gifts left to buy.  So Yay!

Zim In Bag

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 1/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 1/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 2/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 2/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 3/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows.  Yesterday was a bad day. I am not sure what the trigger was. I just felt super hungry but there was no need to be. Maybe stress. Maybe frustrations. Maybe boredom.  Don't know...just moving on.

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 3/7

1. read Oh the reading that has been done at work. Protocol reviews out the ass. I will count this as reading although it is more like torture.
  2. game
  3. money tracking

Game plan: My plan is kick my own ass for a few weeks. I think that is all I need to get me to my weight goal. I have simply been lazy, a procrastinator, and weak. So I will stick to my food plan 90% (I will not claim 100%, no one is 100% perfect.) I need to get this done. Sitting at this weight since mid August is my fault. Lets do this! (it is rainbow colored for more excitement LOL)

• Like 3

Love the crazy cat!  All wrapped up and ready to go.  He looks so content, too.  Not at all bothered that He's stuck in a bag.

When Tank said A-team, MacGyver jumped into my head.  Can't believe it's on Netflix.  Usually my kids are the only ones that use Netflix in our house.  They may have to share now!  Nostalgia has kicked in.

• Like 2

I did get the wrapping caught up. That feels good. I was also smart this year and did not wrap gifts on the floor. I wrapped on a table and my cats know that getting on the tables in a no no. But it was still an adventure. One of them wrapped himself in a bag. All he needed was a bow...and to be rescued from the bag. Also, I only have maybe 4 gifts left to buy.  So Yay!

Cat in a bag!  Sounds like trying to get anything accomplished around my feline companion...

Your game plan looks solid, Roxy.  We're about to step into the last week of our challenge cycle and I have complete faith in your ability to buckle down to crush your goals!

• Like 1

I keep telling myself I need to get things going. Well today I reminded myself that I have got things going! If I keep telling "I need to..." then it is like procrastinating, planning but not really acting. Well today it is on.

1) drink instead of eat my thirst!

2) track everything

3) walk those steps

#1 is a biggie this has been my down fall over the last few weeks. Tracking is easy although I have slacked off and steps are easy-ish. So I know I can do this. "I know I can, I know I can,  I know I can!"

I still plan on trying the walking virtual marathon...but I have to get paid first.

Week 5 Wrap Up:

I feel like Mulder in the challenge. Always dreaming, always searching, never reaching or finding. One week to recover this mess. Then since I took "breaks" during this challenge there will be no break until I reach goal. That is what I get for bad behavior.

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 1/7 *three other days I probably would have passed if I had done some extra exercise.
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 4/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 3/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 7/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows.  I think I have fallen back into the habit of eating my thirst and boredom. I will focus on these issues this week. The winter dryness may be making me extra thirsty and without putting much thought to that I have been munching instead. Old habits die hard.

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily 4/7

1. read Oh the reading that has been done at work. Protocol reviews out the ass. I will count this as reading although it is more like torture.
  2. game
  3. money tracking The tracking has been essential. We over spent on christmas but we have been able to not completely ruin all we have accomplished with our budget system. Now that shopping is done I hope to rebuild with our 2 Dec paychecks. I think we did better this year compared to last year. Credit cards did not make much of an appearance. WIN!

Weight Tracking:

Week Starting Weight (10/26/15) = 167.6lbs

Week 0 End Weight (11/2/15) = 164.5lbs (-3.1lbs)

Week 1 End Weight (11/8/15) = 163.3lbs (-1.2lbs, -4.3lbs total)

Week 2 End Weight (11/15/15) = 163.7lbs (+0.4lbs, -3.9lbs total)

Week 3 End Weight (11/22/15) = 163.4lbs (-0.3lbs, -4.2lbs total)

Week 4 End Weight (11/29/15) = 162.9lbs (-0.5lbs, -4.7lbs total)

Week 5 End Weight (12/6/15) = 165.8lbs (+2.9lbs, -1.8lbs total)

• Like 1

1,000,000 steps is such a big deal; I wonder if it seemed like an end point for you instead of a way point.

I've been following you for a long time and your weight loss seems to track along with your exercise habits. You've been super-consistent for quite a while and have hit some big goals. I have every faith you'll get back on track and end the year strong.

• Like 2

1,000,000 steps is such a big deal; I wonder if it seemed like an end point for you instead of a way point.

I've been following you for a long time and your weight loss seems to track along with your exercise habits. You've been super-consistent for quite a while and have hit some big goals. I have every faith you'll get back on track and end the year strong.

The 1,000,000 step goal was starting to feel like it was dragging on. So yes it felt like an end point.

My weight loss depends on everything happening...eating right and getting my exercise. If I miss one thing it mean maintaining or gaining. So it starts to weigh on me. I am back on track with food though. Now to get in the exercise. It is never easy during the holidays to stay focused, but I will give it my all.

I would also like to take a minute to thank all of you. You all have been there to support me for so long now. I truly have kept going and not gained it back because of you all. With out support I am so much weaker. I would also like to say sorry for not keeping up on you all's awesomeness. I have not read anyone else's thread for like 3 weeks. I hope all is going swimmingly. Work and life has gotten so crazy I barely get time to update my own thread. I hope things will slow down in a couple of weeks so I can get back to NFing.

Week 6 Day 1:

Day 1 was a success. I resisted all urges to munch and stuck to my water and fruits and veggies. I did not get in my steps but I simply reduced my food intake to account for it. All went well and I feel better today. Better than I have in a couple weeks actually. Less water weight, more energy, and more in control.

Food:

3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 1/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 1/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 1/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows.

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily  0/7

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking
  • Like 1