• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RoxyFreefall

Roxy is almost there...Take 2. {rmkwilson}

The threads have been crazy for this challenge...  Its hard to keep up.  I too have taken time off from reading others threads as needed.  

Thank you for the reminder of water.  I too have been not drinking as much as I have needed...  Maybe that will be part of my next challenge.  You really are doing great!!!

Week 6 Day 2:

No veggies at dinner, but that was my only misstep. Everything else is going great. Wednesdays are my hardest days next to fridays. Gotta stay strong today. I got this.

Mulder's Quest Completion Tracking:

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 2/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 2/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 2/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 1/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 2/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows.

Scully's Quest Completion Tracking:
Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily  1/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 1/4

The Lone Gunmen's Goals Completion Tracking:

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking
  • Like 1

Week 6 Day 3:

Because I am in a good mood (maybe the double shot of energy booster is to blame) and this is in my head. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9r8LMU9bQ

Did you know this is what that song is about? I had no idea, never listened to the words close enough.

"What does it mean to rock the casbah?
The song gives a fabulist account of a ban on rock music by the king being defied by the population, who proceed to "rock the casbah." The King orders jet fighters to bomb any people in violation of the ban. The pilots ignored the orders, and instead played rock music on their cockpit radios."

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 3/7
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 2/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 2/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 2/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 3/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows.

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily  2/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 2/4

1. read
  2. game
  3. money tracking

Ha!  I'm guilty of never, ever knowing what song lyrics mean.  Now I understand one more!

Looks like you are keeping strong on all your goals.  It's going to be a great finish when this challenge wraps up!

Week 6:

Well week 6 started off strong and fell apart on friday and I didn't bother to recover Sat or Sun. I think I have fallen into winter brain mode...
"lets eat all the things cause we need to put on weight for the winter hibernation".  This is so dumb, why does the brain do that?! Also I grew up watching my folks diet M-Thurs and then eat heavy F-Sun and spend their life dieting and always complaining about not losing weight. Even as a kid I knew that was dumb, and what have I been doing. AHHHHHH.

Okay now that that is out of my system. I did complete all my activity for the week. I also got to game for a very short time. Money tracking is going fairly well. If only I could keep the husband focused on entering his spending I wouldn't spend hours updating it.

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 4/7
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 3/7
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 2/7
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 7/7
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows. No triggers to focus on, just bad will power.

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily  5/7
  2. workout session 4x/week. 4/4

1. read still reading at work. Complete
  2. game Complete
  3. money tracking Complete

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenge Wrap up:

Goal not reached. Will power and self control wavered. Some good scores some bad. I have plans on to get through the rest of this year or until the next challenge starts. (Which I assume will be after new year.) Weight watchers has redone it points system and the plan over all so I plan on just focusing on that for now. Relearn the system. Also I will continue to focus on work outs. Zumba, yoga, and walking. I will continue to update here until I have a new challenge thread.

Food:

1. Follow MFP: set to lose 1lb/week (1340 calories)- eat only those calories allowed and burned 21/49
  2. Eat "power foods": Weight Watchers has a list of nutrient dense foods it recommends. I will try to build meals from these and limit other foods. 16/49
  3. Carbs: keep carbs to 45% of overall calories consumed 21/49
  4. Fruits and Veggies: trying to build up to the 9/day recommended guidelines eat 1 serving fruit with breakfast, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies with lunch, and 2 servings of veggies with dinner. 20/49
  5. Water: drink 9-10 cups of water daily. 48/49
  6. Triggers: Find the triggers for over eating and low sugars. Learn how to deal with the triggers without eating, and learn how to avoid lows. 4/7

Exercise:

1. walk 10,000 steps daily  43/49
  2. workout session 4x/week.18/28

1. read 2/7
  2. game 6/7
  3. money tracking 7/7

Weight Tracking:

Week Starting Weight (10/26/15) = 167.6lbs

Week 0 End Weight (11/2/15) = 164.5lbs (-3.1lbs)

Week 1 End Weight (11/8/15) = 163.3lbs (-1.2lbs, -4.3lbs total)

Week 2 End Weight (11/15/15) = 163.7lbs (+0.4lbs, -3.9lbs total)

Week 3 End Weight (11/22/15) = 163.4lbs (-0.3lbs, -4.2lbs total)

Week 4 End Weight (11/29/15) = 162.9lbs (-0.5lbs, -4.7lbs total)

Week 5 End Weight (12/6/15) = 165.8lbs (+2.9lbs, -1.8lbs total)

Final End Weight (12/13/15) = 165.6lbs (-0.2lbs, -2lbs total)

• Like 2

I struggle with the winter brain mode, too.  Seriously, it's not even cold out yet where I live!  Why does it seem like such a seasonal good idea to eat?

Glad to see you'll be around here until the next challenge kicks off.  It's weird to be done with the challenge ... and not yet done with the holidays!

I agree. It is not cold yet here either, but I am definitely in Winter Brain mode.

Mondays are easy to get focused and Friday's are hard. But I am very optimistic that I can get through the next two and a half weeks. Then holidays are over. Until then I have to get past a huge inspection on Wednesday, a Holiday Work Party on Friday, then my in-laws being in town, along with Christmas, and hubby's birthday on the 30th. New Years should be a non-issue. I can control my intake on all these days, I just need to focus on the goal.

Challenge Wrap up:

Goal not reached. Will power and self control wavered. Some good scores some bad. I have plans on to get through the rest of this year or until the next challenge starts. (Which I assume will be after new year.) Weight watchers has redone it points system and the plan over all so I plan on just focusing on that for now. Relearn the system. Also I will continue to focus on work outs. Zumba, yoga, and walking. I will continue to update here until I have a new challenge thread.

While there are some red marks on that challenge report card, there are far many more blue.  It doesn't do to dwell on possibilities or ruminate on any failures.  You self-admit to having learned some lessons, such as dealing with Winter Brain, and that is a success unto itself.  First we must learn, then we can put those lessons in practice with our goals.

2016 is coming.  Keep your eyes forward and your mind prepared.  This journey has only just begun, Roxy!

• Like 1

...and that is a success unto itself. First we must learn, then we can put those lessons in practice with our goals.

2016 is coming.  Keep your eyes forward and your mind prepared.  This journey has only just begun, Roxy!

Love this Rurik! Thanks. I need to remember, The journey can be fun if you pause to take a look around once in a while. It shouldn't be all about the destination.

• Like 1

Hey Roxy!  

You had am amazing challenge and a your success (down two pounds with it being the holidays and winter time) is to be celebrated!!!  

I just wanted to add something for you to think about....  pardon my philosophical rant, if you will.  What if you focused on doing all the things and less on the scale?  I say this because you can do all the right things and the scale sometime won't budge.  It isn't that you picked the wrong things to do but it is that your body isn't ready to let the weight go (or it is changing from fat to muscle).  It really has helped my mental game to loose the scale for 99% of the time.  I will admit I still get on it but I try to focus on other metrics.  The best metric is how you feel!!!  My story for this is going paleo.  Everyone talks about how the weight just dropped off when they went paleo.  Well not me!  If anything I weigh more than when I started paleo.  But what has changed and why am I still paleo???  I feel so much better!  My acne is gone, my periods are easy (they are regular,no cramps, very little PMS and I have PCOS!!!) my moods are better and my digestive system works the way it should!!!  And the increased energy, OMG!!!  During this time I have had setbacks that  could have sent my weight spiraling (two surgeries) but it hasn't my weight has been stable.  And while I may not be at the weight considered ideal I am in a better place than before.  I just wanted to share. This challenge has also brought me a couple pound loss and that has just been a bonus!!!  While I don't want to focus on the scale, I want still celebrate the little victories.  Rant over - hope it helps (It helps me to hear it again too!)  

lea-michele-glee-im-done-gif.gif

I'm looking forward to what comes next!!!  

• Like 1

I just wanted to add something for you to think about....  pardon my philosophical rant, if you will.  What if you focused on doing all the things and less on the scale?  I say this because you can do all the right things and the scale sometime won't budge.  It isn't that you picked the wrong things to do but it is that your body isn't ready to let the weight go (or it is changing from fat to muscle).  It really has helped my mental game to loose the scale for 99% of the time.  I will admit I still get on it but I try to focus on other metrics.  The best metric is how you feel!!!  My story for this is going paleo.  Everyone talks about how the weight just dropped off when they went paleo.  Well not me!  If anything I weigh more than when I started paleo.  But what has changed and why am I still paleo???  I feel so much better!  My acne is gone, my periods are easy (they are regular,no cramps, very little PMS and I have PCOS!!!) my moods are better and my digestive system works the way it should!!!  And the increased energy, OMG!!!  During this time I have had setbacks that  could have sent my weight spiraling (two surgeries) but it hasn't my weight has been stable.  And while I may not be at the weight considered ideal I am in a better place than before.  I just wanted to share. This challenge has also brought me a couple pound loss and that has just been a bonus!!!  While I don't want to focus on the scale, I want still celebrate the little victories.  Rant over - hope it helps (It helps me to hear it again too!)

This is awesome Terra. I do take measurements (waist, hips, thighs, etc.) every few months. I also can watch my blood sugars fluctuate with my eating habits. The better I eat the better sugar control I have. So the scale isn't my 100% focus, but probably 50%. I have lost +4inches from my waist and +2 from my belly and hips. My arms and legs are smaller too. The issue with the scale is strictly for WW purposes. If I can get to my recommended weight range I will save ~45 dollars per month. I am actually happy with the scale and how I feel for the most part. I would like my waist and hips a touch smaller, but there is always something to pick on. I am just one of those who is always striving for perfection. I perfectionist through and through. Exercise definitely makes me feel better, more energy and all that. I keep trying to tell my husband that but he doesn't believe me. He keeps saying "I have no energy. maybe a supplement will give me the energy to exercise." He just doesn't get that exercise itself gives you the energy to exercise. The scale frustrates me so much mostly because I am tired of watching it. I am ready for it to be at a level WW approves of. I could drop WW but I have invested so much time that I would like to say I made it to the end.

Thanks Terra.

• Like 1

Perhaps an old understanding of the word perfect might help. 2000 years ago in the Greco-Roman world perfect didn't mean flawless, it meant complete. In other words, being urged on to perfection was not being told to remove all flaws, it was being told to mature and grow. If you rework perfection to mean growth and maturity it can be a much healthier way to view perfectionism. You can then focus on the process more than the results, which is the real point of fitness anyway.

• Like 3

Perhaps an old understanding of the word perfect might help. 2000 years ago in the Greco-Roman world perfect didn't mean flawless, it meant complete. In other words, being urged on to perfection was not being told to remove all flaws, it was being told to mature and grow. If you rework perfection to mean growth and maturity it can be a much healthier way to view perfectionism. You can then focus on the process more than the results, which is the real point of fitness anyway.

^^TRUTH^^

• Like 1

2000 years ago in the Greco-Roman world perfect didn't mean flawless, it meant complete. In other words, being urged on to perfection was not being told to remove all flaws, it was being told to mature and grow. If you rework perfection to mean growth and maturity it can be a much healthier way to view perfectionism. You can then focus on the process more than the results, which is the real point of fitness anyway.

Oh My Goodness this is so awesome. I am going to write this down and hang it in my house somewhere. Maybe on the mirror or fridge.

• Like 2

Post Challenge so far...

Monday and Tuesday were okay days. I tried to work the new WW system. I learned that I need to clean up my fridge and pantry and really focus on paleo eating more. My pantry is contaminated right now and needs a good purge.

Wednesday was our first ever CAP inspection at work. Stress was high. We have been working for two years building our CLIA lab and preparing for certification. After an exemplary report eating was very poor and alcohol was involved. We started off with champagne in one of the bosses offices, then our lab group went to The Scottish Arms for food and drink. I was glutened by my first cocktail. The second and third were safe. My food was safe too. I had a cauliflower risotto that was really quite good. So 2 glasses of champagne + 1 Scottish Lemon + 1 amaretto sour + 1/2 a hard cider (or whatever it was). Not drunk by any means all these drinks happened over ~5hours, but was very relaxed. Then the stomach ache set in that is still lingering today. Stupid gluten, stupid gluten issues. Of course eating 3 GF donuts at bedtime may not have helped either. But I forgot to mention that leaving the bar/restaurant I forgot my surrounding and the roads. I made a left turn and turned into the oncoming lanes. I instantly realized my mistake and yelled "F*** I am in the wrong lanes" quickly drove across the grassy median and corrected. All was well but a little scarey, then all I could do is laugh at myself. I have see so many other make the same mistake on this particular road. It is so easy to get confused, especially, after dark. It is easy to miss that the road is 6 lanes across with a grass median. Over all it was a great day with a big win for our group. It feels so good to be at work today with the knowledge we are judged exemplary. :)

Going forward. The focus will be on finding more paleo options to fulfill the WW plan. But over all until I get past the hollidays I will plan on maintenance not weight loss. I need to be rational.

• Like 2

Congrats on your certification!  Sounds like a big, big effort.  Worthy of celebration, I'm sure.  Glad you are safe after your crazy ride home.

WW is always interesting to me because I lived it in a previous life.  I couldn't resist googling to find the highlights.  It's funny how the program changes over time, but this change looks like a good one.  You've already been going in the right direction.  Do you like the changes?

• Like 1

I do like them. They better follow how I wanted to eat. High protein foods are now lower in points. It is more like paleo. Pushes fruits and veggies and protein.

It is also rewarding more points for activity. Makes working out feel more worth it.

• Like 2

I think this week it may be rough to stay on plan or get on plan, but I am going to give it my best. If I can avoid taking my mother-in-laws cooking as left overs for lunch and avoid snacking I think I will be okay. But already today I had left over pizza for lunch and am not regretting it. I am still hungry.

My weight is way up, but my close still fit so I guess it is not all bad. I am anxious to get back to a normal routine.

I did well at the grocery store this weekend, kept WW in mind and found a few good options. My WW eating plan is starting to come back to me. I did really well on it before. As soon as my house guests leave it is me and WW/MFP/Garmin until the end. I would love to be at goal by spring (march 20th), for sure by my early may trip to Disney. 13weeks until spring, 14 weeks until easter. Plenty of time. :)

But until Christmas is over...lets just not over do it anymore...okay! Can you handle that?...maybe.

• Like 3

I am feeling so ready! Ready to start the next chapter. I feel even better today knowing that my diabetes has improved a little from my last visit. Good things coming this December. :)

Santa same to visit my daughter at home last night. She froze up and didn't know what to say to him. He knew her teachers names and told her she needed to be a good listener. LOL. It was a quick visit but enough to make her day.

• Like 4