• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RoxyFreefall

Roxy is almost there...Take 2. {rmkwilson}

So the holidays were very rough. It is amazing how quickly you can fall back into bad habits (mainly snacking and over indulgence). I am starting off today at 170.4lbs. I never wanted to see the 170's again, especially since I want to get into the low 150's. Sort bummed I blew the holidays. Oh well time to move on!

Today is my day one of trying out the new WW smart points systems.

• I will eat from their suggested list of "smart foods"...think paleo.
  • I will track all food consumed that carry a point value.
  • Foods that carry a point value will be eaten in moderation. I plan to only eat foods with a very low point value, 1-3pts. (Dressings, some cheeses, protein powder, etc.)

I also have a new Garmin Vivosmart HR fitness tracker. It has a lot more to offer than the vivosmart.

• it has a stairs climbed goal. goal is 10 flights per day
  • it has an intensity minutes weekly goal. 150mins moderate or 75 mins vigorous. I still need to read up on how time is determined..I am assuming by your heart rate.
  • and as always a step goal which I have set to 10,130. Random I know..It is just so I am sure to get over 10K.

My plan for meeting my fitness goals is this

• yoga
  • Zumba or Turbo Jam
  • Treadmill (maybe a couch to 5K)
  • taking the stairs at work (I work on the 4th floor)

I also plan to still track my food on MFP at least for a while. I think it is beneficial to see the macro breakdown. I don't think WW has that yet.

Now the new challenge lay out:

I think it is awesome. I will not leave the ranges as I feel as though I belong here and enjoy you all. 4 weeks will be so much more doable. I seemed to fall apart in the 6week format. The short breaks will be something to get use to. A week is enough time to stop using your good habits but enough time to regroup.

My Christmas:

We had a lot of fun. My four year old was so excited. She woke up Christmas morning saying she heard Santa land on the roof. :) We spent time with the extended family then relaxed at home for a quiet evening. Saturday we celebrated Christmas with my parents. My mother had to work Christmas day so we had to delay. We had a huge breakfast then opened gifts. My daughter assumed she was spending the night and kept asking me and my husband when we were leaving. LOL. That was not the plan but my parents were delighted to have her. Sunday we took down the indoor decorations. My daughter cried because Christmas was over. :( But I scored a new blender and a Kitchenaid mixer. Already used the blender for my morning breakfast smoothie and it is fantastic. I also scored an illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. I have never actually read the first book so I am squeezing in reading when I can. All in all it was great holiday. Now if the rain would stop. We are soggy enough thank you very much. :)

• Like 2

You're not alone with the food and scale.  Ugh!  But I agree.  We will be moving on.  You've laid out some very specific targets for the coming weeks, and I have no doubt they will be met Ranger-style!

Glad you had such a nice Christmas.  Your daughter is so sweet, and any sleep you lose over the Sorcerer's Stone will be totally worth it!

• Like 1

You'll enjoy reading the first three books. You are very wise in how you have been gentle with yourself for being human over Christmas. I bet a lot of that extra weight is water weight from carbing it up over christmas and that it melts away pretty fast.

I bet a lot of that extra weight is water weight from carbing it up over christmas and that it melts away pretty fast.

That is my hope. Cookies, chocolates, alcohol (in moderation) and potatoes have been in attendance often. Peanut Butter has also been an offender. Oh but almond/peanut butter is so good...I can control myself, I can :nevreness:

Weight Watchers does not approve of either Peanut Butter or Almond Butter. To many calories for the portion size. But it will be a treat once a week I think.

You've got this Roxy! Your plan for the next challenge sounds great.

Thank you Xena.