Urban [Wolf]: Blend into the Sprawl

Wild Wolf

Goodbye, Wolfenstein. Your name served a great purpose, but, you were only the creation to move onto something bigger. Something better...

Hello Wild Wolf!

Wolf

It's awesome you heard the call of the wild (I love me some Jack London)

1af71ada3.jpg

That'd be Mr. Edward W. Barton-Wright! Founder of bartitsu and owner of a badass mustache(as a facial hair product provider I

keep a database of epic staches and beards at the back of my brains)

Copy_of_Montage.jpg

• Like 2

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

I used to love the Redwall books while growing up, I must have scoured all the local libraries looking for them when I was a kid.

Quite tempted to revisit them all if I can find Kindle versions...

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 

I'm so excited about getting Rats! Its probably going to be this weekend because you know how impatient I am. I think I'm going to attempt another challenge and theme it on The Rats of N.I.M.H. That was my jam growing up! I still like the name Mrs.Frisby (yes I know she was a mouse,but I dont play by the rules😉)

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I'm so excited about getting Rats! Its probably going to be this weekend because you know how impatient I am. I think I'm going to attempt another challenge and theme it on The Rats of N.I.M.H. That was my jam growing up! I still like the name Mrs.Frisby (yes I know she was a mouse,but I dont play by the rules)

I LOVED that movie!  :)

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Hey Everyone. I'm back and feeling a lot better! 

GRADE: A+

Well, that's not as bad as I thought it would be. The last two goals saved me and allowed me to level up to luck number 13. WOOT!

IF you noticed my avatar change, you may have noticed it looks like a dapper dude with a top hat..and you would be correct. The Victorian time period is one of my absolute favorite time periods. I started writing a novel a while ago, back when I 1st came back to NF. Basically, it's my version of Batman with a Victorian spin on it. The novel ALL came to light with my love for the time period, Batman, Sherlock Holmes and my new found love for bartitsu, the gentlemanly art of combat with heavy emphasis on using a cane to defend oneself. I've always enjoyed reading about bartitsu but it became increasingly difficult to find ANY info on it years back because it was like a dead martial arts..something that faded off into the world. Fast forward now, and you have guys like Tony Wolf whom has re-vamped the combat form and made it to where others could learn as well.

YAY you're better! :)

And Whooooo hoooooo on that A+ my friend. :)

See.....A+ for Awesome plus more. :D

Ooooooh, I so love Victorian era stories! :o

That is so freaking cool!! :) (lol, there's where the plus comes in on the awesome. ;) )

Is the link to your battle log on the Ranger's Christmas thread?

Hope you're Friday is phenomenal, and I'm really happy you're back and into Wild Wolf form! You Rock!  :)

• Like 2

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Glad you are feeling better!!!!   You had a crazy busy challenge with all the things you wanted to do and the OT.  You really did well.  

Love the new moniker!!!  And I have no doubt that you will live up to the Wild part of it.  Someday I'll have to find a photo of our wolf to show you...  She was an amazing and beautiful animal.  She would greet you at the door with both paws on your shoulders so she could give you kisses.   (you new name made me think of her today  :redface-new: )

Love the cane work, that sounds like fun!!!  

• Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Recovery

Battle/Quest Log and Instagram: TerraOracle

I'm switching this over to Bartitsu practice and reading more of the compendium's. I have a sweet cane and 2 books with all the bartitsu info I need. It even covers some jujitsu, pugilism, and other various martial arts forms that make up the complexity of bartitsu good with picture stills and descriptions. So far, I've spent about an hour, two 30 min sessions of practice. I practice stance, footwork and then various wrist/shoulder drills to perform with the cane to create suppleness and muscle memory. I also love to spin the cane around for my added "flair". It's been a blast, and I'm already feeling DOMS in my forearm from use ;)

I hope you take some videos of the Bartitsu work.  I did some cane forms and self defense in my Hapkido classes, but I imagine the style was totally different.  We used the cane for a lot of arm bars, throws, and hooks (using the hooked part), as well as more or less pulling in escrima and sword type techniques for strikes.  It's especially nice playing around with weapons that are actually socially acceptable to carry with you in public.  ;)

I'm so excited about getting Rats! Its probably going to be this weekend because you know how impatient I am. I think I'm going to attempt another challenge and theme it on The Rats of N.I.M.H. That was my jam growing up! I still like the name Mrs.Frisby (yes I know she was a mouse,but I dont play by the rules)

I loved the Rats of N.I.M.H, and I can't wait until my kids are old enough to watch it on DVD without getting tweaked out by it!  I hope you enjoy your new pets.  :)

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

I hope you take some videos of the Bartitsu work.  I did some cane forms and self defense in my Hapkido classes, but I imagine the style was totally different.  We used the cane for a lot of arm bars, throws, and hooks (using the hooked part), as well as more or less pulling in escrima and sword type techniques for strikes.  It's especially nice playing around with weapons that are actually socially acceptable to carry with you in public.   ;)

I loved the Rats of N.I.M.H, and I can't wait until my kids are old enough to watch it on DVD without getting tweaked out by it!  I hope you enjoy your new pets.   :)

You'd be amazed how much longer that list is in Texas.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Lol indubitably I am happy to be back. And I'm digging ur name change as well.

And looks like the next challenge will be interesting for everyone

Brother...we are the Rangers, there is NOTHING less than interesting over here ;)

Ooh! Pet rats! 

I miss mine - had Templeton & Nicodemous; had no idea Nic was pregnant when we got her, so we gained Stampede and the 7 Circles Of Hell. 

Templeton was by far the favorite - she was a big girl and did pull-ups on the lip of her cage. She also hung out on the couch, and wandered the house in a taped-shut ferret ball. 

Yay!! I was hoping someone else had already befriended our furry friends. What kind of rat was Templeton? Why don't you have anymore as pets?

Me and Heather are stoked to get our 2. I know the boys, especially Race, will love it as well. It'll be cool to have a family pet that's not a dog. And, don't get me wrong, I love dogs. HELLO?! I'm a wolf, dogs are my cousins  :playful:

Glad to see you healthy again, loving the new name. Don't name your rat Scabbers, he'll turn out to have betrayed your parents or something.

Ha! No kidding...none will EVER be named Scabbers. We're throwing around names like Dotty, Lady, and Penelope...most of my inspiration is old lady names or just pulling from an episode of the Golden Girls.

DID SOMEONE SAY REDWALL?!

eulalia_by_redwall_club.jpg

I love those books so much - I haven't read the last few (I think the last one I read was Rakkety Tam), but I might have to see if the library has them! :D

(also nice job on the challenge, and I hope you're feeling 100% soon!)

REDWALL! Yay :). Thanks for the well wishes Maegs! I am feeling 100% and I hope you get a chance to check out the other books. It's been SOOOOOO long for me reading one, I don't remember the last one I left off with. I'm thouroughly enjoying Taggerung at the moment though ;)

The Wild Wild Wolf

ipq0gpfz9p5na.gif?w=878&h=477

LMAO! YES! I like Will Smith, he raps happy  :playful: . Good call on that, D_R! But Wild Wolf would never wear something so....white?! Too conspicuous...

Thought this was pretty rad

e52fbe36f624bba1a4046bd9e2e89777.jpg

Glad to see you're back and at em, m'dear! Being sick is awful, but giving yourself that extra day surely helped [emoji4]

I'm enjoying the new name, though it will be a little weird not to see 'Wolfenstein'.

That cane fighting sounds super cool! I can imagine you in some Victorian-esque suit with a little 'stache, and your cane in the air in a fencing stance all 'en garde'. All I'm gonna say is, there better be vids [emoji12] Canes in those days were pretty badass and had interesting designs. My grandmother has a small collection of about 8-10. Not sure on their ages, but some are most likely from the Victorian era. The only one I remember well has a metal handle in the shape of a dog's head. It kind of reminds me of a wolf.hound, actually, bit longer and thinner. I'll see if I can snag a pic when I'm there for the holidays.

1af71ada3.jpg

Looking forward to your mini-challenge and to see you crush those 2016 goals!

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Thank you so much Ruth! It's good to be back at it and the name change is even fooling me, lol. Wolfenstein was so...well, I got used to it. So when I see Wild Wolf pop up, it's strange and odd and I want to greet this lupine newcomer!

Haha, it would be totally rad to cosplay a full Victorian get-up...but I get hot just thinking about it lol. I could pull off the Victorian facial hair too, just shave my chin, keep the stache and the sideburn chops I got going...BAM. Lol. There will most definitely be vids, cuz I haven't made one in a while.. and yes, canes back then were of some gorgeous designs. If your Grandma still has some from back then, that would be really freaking cool..especially if its got a hound/wolf like shape for the handle. I'm feeling good about the mini challenge so far and plan to keep it that way! BTW, I'm loving reading about your Crossfit adventures. It sounds like you're having a blasty blast!

Wolf

• Like 5

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Yay!! I was hoping someone else had already befriended our furry friends. What kind of rat was Templeton? Why don't you have anymore as pets?

Me and Heather are stoked to get our 2. I know the boys, especially Race, will love it as well. It'll be cool to have a family pet that's not a dog. And, don't get me wrong, I love dogs. HELLO?! I'm a wolf, dogs are my cousins   :playful:

They were all Fancy rats, though Templeton was by far the largest and most fancy (she was roughly double the size of Nicodemus). She was white with cream spots and red eyes. And kind of a badass. 

I had these guys in college - Nic died of old age, I think Templeton had a heart attack, I don't remember what happened to Stampede, and we set 6 of the 7 circles free in the country (after buying them the two prettiest girlfriends we could find at the pet store) after they smothered the tiniest one. 

After those guys, I switched to lizards for a bit and then stuck with just dogs - pets in boxes didn't really appeal any longer.

I'll bet the boys will be excited! I would caution that rats are nocturnal water drinkers, so the water bottle ball clicking can get annoying, and some are also excellent escape artists. I remember a nap I took once between class and work, where I half woke up, thought I was hallucinating the rat that was on my foot, went back to bed, and woke up to zero rats in the cage, and 2 rats running around the house in glee. Woke up the next morning to two pissed off rats sitting on top of their cage - looking at me like I'd purposely withheld their water bottle. Jerks. 

We also had to duct tape the ferret ball shut every time Templeton was in it - she figured out really quickly that if she rammed the opening into the wall, she could escape and trot around the living room like she owned the joint. 

And they will chew up absolutely anything they get near that can be chewed - including any plastic furniture you put in the cage. I would definitely invest in a stock of constructive things for them to chew on. They also appreciate fresh veggies and seeds with honey (plus cheetos). My girls would go absolutely nuts for a honey seed log. 

• Like 2

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Things to look for in 2016:

• Getting my UNAA (Ultimate Ninja Athlete Association) cert for this upcoming season pass
  • Try out for Obstacle Warrior's Regional Tryout on February 6th
  • Try out for ANW when they come to Dallas for open casting auditions 
  • Run Warrior Dash with Tank on March 5th
  • (Hopefully) do GoRuck Winnipeg in July
  • Ruck a total of 1000 miles
  • Try out for the local Quidditch Team (Tryouts are coming up quick!

That sounds like one fun filled year!  Especially the Quidditch try-outs.  Can't wait to hear all about that!

Goodbye, Wolfenstein. Your name served a great purpose, but, you were only the creation to move onto something bigger. Something better...

Hello Wild Wolf!

The time has come.  It's for the best.

Become the Wild Wolf you mere always meant to be!

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

It's awesome you heard the call of the wild (I love me some Jack London)

That'd be Mr. Edward W. Barton-Wright! Founder of bartitsu and owner of a badass mustache(as a facial hair product provider I

keep a database of epic staches and beards at the back of my brains)

Copy_of_Montage.jpg

Hahaha, heck yeah dude! EBW was a G. The other dude is Pierre Vigny, which is where my knobbed cane got it's classified name :)

He certainly did have an epic stache! Look at the curvature on that bad boy! Lol. The Victoria Era was chalked full of epic facial hair lol.

I used to love the Redwall books while growing up, I must have scoured all the local libraries looking for them when I was a kid.

Quite tempted to revisit them all if I can find Kindle versions...

Do it dude! Or listen on audible. Brian Jacques does the narration for the books along with some other voices and Taggerung in particular has been great so far!

I'm so excited about getting Rats! Its probably going to be this weekend because you know how impatient I am. I think I'm going to attempt another challenge and theme it on The Rats of N.I.M.H. That was my jam growing up! I still like the name Mrs.Frisby (yes I know she was a mouse,but I dont play by the rules[emoji6])

Whaaaaaaaa?! She lives! That would be a good challenge baby- do it!

I LOVED that movie! :)

Right?! Great movie!

YAY you're better! :)

And Whooooo hoooooo on that A+ my friend. :)

See.....A+ for Awesome plus more. :D

Ooooooh, I so love Victorian era stories! :o

That is so freaking cool!! :) (lol, there's where the plus comes in on the awesome. ;) )

Is the link to your battle log on the Ranger's Christmas thread?

Hope you're Friday is phenomenal, and I'm really happy you're back and into Wild Wolf form! You Rock! :)

Thank you as always, Ash for your undeterred support :). I haven't started my battle log yet but I will have a link to it once I have it up and running. Time to do so some more A+ things before 2015 ends, and I'm glad to be calling you one of my best friends, Ash!

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 2

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Glad you are feeling better!!!! You had a crazy busy challenge with all the things you wanted to do and the OT. You really did well.

Love the new moniker!!! And I have no doubt that you will live up to the Wild part of it. Someday I'll have to find a photo of our wolf to show you... She was an amazing and beautiful animal. She would greet you at the door with both paws on your shoulders so she could give you kisses. (you new name made me think of her today :redface-new: )

Love the cane work, that sounds like fun!!!

Awww, I can't wait to see a pic of your wolf! They are such tall creatures and lots of people don't realize that. What was her name?

Thank you for the praise, Terra! It was a super busy RL challenge that just bled too much into my goals. My birthday started out so strong and then right after that. BAM! Whammied from all sides! I love the name too- but that was all D_R who came up with that. Werespartan and Wild Wolf.. All within months of each other. He's a tricky, brilliant dude and I will make sure every day I earn my new name :)

I'll try and get some cane work on vid soon.

I hope you take some videos of the Bartitsu work. I did some cane forms and self defense in my Hapkido classes, but I imagine the style was totally different. We used the cane for a lot of arm bars, throws, and hooks (using the hooked part), as well as more or less pulling in escrima and sword type techniques for strikes. It's especially nice playing around with weapons that are actually socially acceptable to carry with you in public. ;)

Most definitely :). The style is more than likely going to be different as there are trapping techniques in Bartitsu, but the cane is used more for a striking weapon, hunting those exposed joints and soft tissue, lol. The way you hold the cane, is above eye level, like this:

luismiguez-holmes-bartitsu-01-80pps.jpg

And it's a little awkward at first, but I quickly adapted to it and love it. I'm very comfortable in that position.

I loved the Rats of N.I.M.H, and I can't wait until my kids are old enough to watch it on DVD without getting tweaked out by it! I hope you enjoy your new pets. :)

Yes, it was a great movie, and I know whatcha mean about the kiddos being tweaked by it lol. I'll explain more on my next post, but we love our new girls!

You'd be amazed how much longer that list is in Texas.

Lol this is the truth^^^

"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - This quote might be especially true in texas

Haha, my Texas Boys are backing me up. Truth. And great quote Sev ;)

That sounds like one fun filled year! Especially the Quidditch try-outs. Can't wait to hear all about that!

The time has come. It's for the best.

Become the Wild Wolf you mere always meant to be!

Dude, I know right?! I tried starting my own team a year ago but could never get anyone to show interest at the time and it's really flipping hard to start a team!! Unfortunately, this team is based out of Austin, TX, so...

I joined the waiting list because I talked to one of the team captains and she said there are people that are on the team that live in the Dallas area and just travel for games and make practices when they can. If I end up making the waiting list, then I'll move on from there, but I also told her they need a team up here and she responded with their plans for 2016- get more teams, Dallas being the #1 spot :). I told her to keep me updated and I would help with the expansion ;)

Playing it sounds so freakin fun!! And it's no joke when they play- it's like rugby meets lacrosse. Yezzir!

Either way, ain't nothing stopping me from embodying the Wild Wolf. Nothing.

Wolf

• Like 4

Spoiler

They were all Fancy rats, though Templeton was by far the largest and most fancy (she was roughly double the size of Nicodemus). She was white with cream spots and red eyes. And kind of a badass.

I had these guys in college - Nic died of old age, I think Templeton had a heart attack, I don't remember what happened to Stampede, and we set 6 of the 7 circles free in the country (after buying them the two prettiest girlfriends we could find at the pet store) after they smothered the tiniest one.

After those guys, I switched to lizards for a bit and then stuck with just dogs - pets in boxes didn't really appeal any longer.

I'll bet the boys will be excited! I would caution that rats are nocturnal water drinkers, so the water bottle ball clicking can get annoying, and some are also excellent escape artists. I remember a nap I took once between class and work, where I half woke up, thought I was hallucinating the rat that was on my foot, went back to bed, and woke up to zero rats in the cage, and 2 rats running around the house in glee. Woke up the next morning to two pissed off rats sitting on top of their cage - looking at me like I'd purposely withheld their water bottle. Jerks.

We also had to duct tape the ferret ball shut every time Templeton was in it - she figured out really quickly that if she rammed the opening into the wall, she could escape and trot around the living room like she owned the joint.

And they will chew up absolutely anything they get near that can be chewed - including any plastic furniture you put in the cage. I would definitely invest in a stock of constructive things for them to chew on. They also appreciate fresh veggies and seeds with honey (plus cheetos). My girls would go absolutely nuts for a honey seed log.

Ohhhhh, nice!! Ok, so we got 2 female rats, and one looks just like your Templeton!! Yay! We named her Ruby. Then, the other one, a black capped rat where her head and neck are black and her body is white. Her name is Fury aka short for Imperator Furiosa ;). As I'm typing this, she's nuzzled in my hoodie hood sitting on my neck.

Ok, so they were the last 2 at the local Petsmart. Initially, we didn't want to go the Petsmart, and we wanted to go to a breeder we found in Ft Worth, but she won't have ones ready till January. This was part of Christmas for the boys so we didn't want to wait. We got lucky with our girls, though :)

The ladies at the store both were rat lovers and were very excited we were taking them, so that made me feel better about getting them!

Ruby is more skittish then Fury, so we'll have to work on her a little bit but both look healthy and are very curious, Fury being more so in the latter part of that. We got the cage set up and all the cool little do-dads. I'm sure this will expand in due time lol.

I like the Cheeto idea for them.. And there's only a handful of things you shouldn't feed your rats. They pretty much eat the same stuff we do. I heard meat inspired baby food works well, so I got a couple organic ones at the store earlier for them.

I also laughed at the 7 circles of hell too.. Made me think of Liar Liar, haha!

Ruby would be the escape artist lol. We had to cover the top of the cage because she decided to squeeze her way out! Turd, haha.

I'll be on the lookout for some honey logs because I didn't see any at the store last night.. But I'm excited. More than I thought I would be. I'm gonna dig into my Ranger Roots and tame these wee beasties!

Good job on the challenge, and I'm glad you're feeling better! :) I love your new username.

Ooh, rats! How fun! I'd like to have rats sometime. Maybe when I move out on my own. I've heard they make excellent pets. Will you post pictures once you get them? :panda:

Thank you so much, Shadri! I'm glad I'm feeling better too :).

Hopefully you get to get a rat soon because they are awesome little creatures! And yes, here's some pics of Fury, because she isn't camera shy like Ruby. I'll try and sneak one of her later :P

5524b9e810b92e35fbca672caf607b68.jpg

010bc04a02fb96ac53da074c735a32e6.jpg

And then her nuzzled in my hoodie hood.

9a820a6b75f76acb0287bb071913aa60.jpg

Wolf

• Like 8

Spoiler

Thank you so much Ruth! It's good to be back at it and the name change is even fooling me, lol. Wolfenstein was so...well, I got used to it. So when I see Wild Wolf pop up, it's strange and odd and I want to greet this lupine newcomer!

Haha, it would be totally rad to cosplay a full Victorian get-up...but I get hot just thinking about it lol. I could pull off the Victorian facial hair too, just shave my chin, keep the stache and the sideburn chops I got going...BAM. Lol. There will most definitely be vids, cuz I haven't made one in a while.. and yes, canes back then were of some gorgeous designs. If your Grandma still has some from back then, that would be really freaking cool..especially if its got a hound/wolf like shape for the handle. I'm feeling good about the mini challenge so far and plan to keep it that way! BTW, I'm loving reading about your Crossfit adventures. It sounds like you're having a blasty blast!

Wolf

Yeah, they had so many freaking layers of clothing back then...

Awesome, can' t wait to see this (not completely lost) art in action!

I will be over her house for Christmas Eve, so I'll seta reminder to get some photos of her collection for ya!

It is a blast! I'll have more updates done up soon :) 

Ohhhhh, nice!! Ok, so we got 2 female rats, and one looks just like your Templeton!! Yay! We named her Ruby. Then, the other one, a black capped rat where her head and neck are black and her body is white. Her name is Fury aka short for Imperator Furiosa ;). As I'm typing this, she's nuzzled in my hoodie hood sitting on my neck.

Ok, so they were the last 2 at the local Petsmart. Initially, we didn't want to go the Petsmart, and we wanted to go to a breeder we found in Ft Worth, but she won't have ones ready till January. This was part of Christmas for the boys so we didn't want to wait. We got lucky with our girls, though :)

The ladies at the store both were rat lovers and were very excited we were taking them, so that made me feel better about getting them!

Ruby is more skittish then Fury, so we'll have to work on her a little bit but both look healthy and are very curious, Fury being more so in the latter part of that. We got the cage set up and all the cool little do-dads. I'm sure this will expand in due time lol.

I like the Cheeto idea for them.. And there's only a handful of things you shouldn't feed your rats. They pretty much eat the same stuff we do. I heard meat inspired baby food works well, so I got a couple organic ones at the store earlier for them.

I also laughed at the 7 circles of hell too.. Made me think of Liar Liar, haha!

Ruby would be the escape artist lol. We had to cover the top of the cage because she decided to squeeze her way out! Turd, haha.

I'll be on the lookout for some honey logs because I didn't see any at the store last night.. But I'm excited. More than I thought I would be. I'm gonna dig into my Ranger Roots and tame these wee beasties!

Thank you so much, Shadri! I'm glad I'm feeling better too :).

Hopefully you get to get a rat soon because they are awesome little creatures! And yes, here's some pics of Fury, because she isn't camera shy like Ruby. I'll try and sneak one of her later :tongue:

And then her nuzzled in my hoodie hood.

9a820a6b75f76acb0287bb071913aa60.jpg

Wolf

That's freaking adorable! I love that she just curls up against you guys. I am almost exclusively a cat/dog person, though I have toyed with the idea of getting a bird (probably a Conure of some kind). My sister had a Sun Conure named Edgar (he lives with my Dad now), but I've spent some serious quality time with him. I was the one who took care of him when my sister would go off to school, before my Dad took him and I moved out. He really liked sitting on my shoulder or my hand, and would even nuzzle me. Noisy sucker, though, and he'd always try to eat my jewelry. I'd like to raise one from a baby so it bonds better, but that will have to wait a while.

• Like 2

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Current Challenge: RuthixCube trains for a 5k - pt 1

Previous: Reboot12

"I am Iron and I forge myself."

Awww. She's a cutie! 

• Like 1

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

The Wild Wolf is embracing the Beastmaster specialization of the Rangers now!

descarga.png

Also, I came across this on Facebook...

12373342_149933605373154_751958948655769

• Like 10

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Can a beast become a beast master?

Yes, in the same way a Jedi can become a Jedi Master.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Your rats are adorable, Wolf!  I'm glad things are working out fine with the toddler, too.  I remember having to keep my daughter away from my bearded dragon back in the day, because I was afraid she would squeeze him way too hard.  

The Wild Wolf is embracing the Beastmaster specialization of the Rangers now!

And now I have this stuck in my mind.  ;)  

beastmaster-5.jpg

• Like 6

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2