• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wild Wolf

Urban [Wolf]: Blend into the Sprawl

I forgot to mention on here, I did on Rurik's thread, but I got the chance to use "lumbersexual" IRL. It went over rather well when my step dad got a flannel shirt for his birthday and kinda made fun of flannel saying no one wears it, and since my mom bought the shirt, she says "of course flannel is in, right, Ryan?". I nod real stoic like and agree. "Why yes, mother, flannel is in. It's lumbersexual." LMAO! Everyone got a good laugh about that.

Nothing exciting today except I got to try my own version of a Pumpkin Spice Bulletproof Tea. I got some tea packets from Kroger the other day and it was the last box of Pumpkin Spice...so, of course, I took this as fate telling me to grab them. I tell you what...it's the best bulletproof tea I've had to date. So yummy! Leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes for lunch. I need something green to go with it so I'll probably go downstairs and get some veggies.

So far, 1.2 miles rucked today and hopefully another 1.2 more. I've got a LOT of miles to ruck this challenge and I WILL HIT 50 miles. Shoot, I'm actually planning for a whole lot more than that since I kinda fell of the rucking wagon the last few weeks of last challenge. The lazy struggle is real, y'all. I've gotten really comfortable with my 25-26# (roughly with all the books and stuff thrown in) I have in there now and think I'm ready to bump up weight! For starters, I really need to weigh my pack...the 25-26# is a guesstimate with having 20# of weight from my weight vest, 3 books and a bunch of towels. That way, when I do bump up weight, I'm not guessing that # as well.

T-minus 4 days until the race...

I'm already a super anxious dude, so this is not helping me at all! Luckily I'm not taking out my anxiety on my nails...just mentally building up a impenetrable fortress in my mind. And foam rolling the hell outta my legs and back. The mind is a tricky vixen... and right now, it keeps trying to shove doubt and fear in there. Stuff like "Will your back hold up the whole race? Have you TRULY prepared enough? Is the fuel you got going to sustain you for at least 3 hours of OCR madness?

It's rough...and the one that gets to me the most is my lower back. I've had "back" issues on and off since I was 15 yrs old. I know a lot of it is my tight hamstrings and glutes, but I do worry about having back spasms or something during the middle of the race... and it's silly, just the enemy coming into to throw me off.

So, there wont be much exercise this week besides rucking just to make sure I'm super fresh come Saturday morning and my back WILL hold up. I'm going to finish this race and I'm going to finish it as the monster I created back in April of this year.. and that monster's name is Wolfenstein.

Man I'm hungry...

Wolf 

• Like 7

RESIST THE ENEMY.  Do not fall for their INSIDIOUS MIND GAMES!  

Also, moar story plz?  Your wife sounds like a super cool lady also.

• Like 2

I'm going to catch up with everyone but I wanted to post this first:

https://vimeo.com/143754351

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

Apparently I missed a bunch of posts somewhere and had to go back, but yay more vids! Gotta love 'em (totally digging your shirt, btw).

Agreed. Because Rhona Mitra as Sonja...Whew. Yes please on that too. Good eye candy and even better action. HUGE fan of Bill Nighy though. The man is brilliant. As soon as I start to introduce vampires in the book, I will let you know. I'll give you plenty of heads up too so you're not rushed! Can I request one thing when you create her...make her vintage ;)

Mmmmmm....with a cherry on top!

Wolf

Seriously - they picked a solid cast in the looks and acting department. I see a movie marathon in my future.

Sounds like a plan. Of course you can request something, anything, it's your story! I like where you're going with this... :D

I forgot to mention on here, I did on Rurik's thread, but I got the chance to use "lumbersexual" IRL. It went over rather well when my step dad got a flannel shirt for his birthday and kinda made fun of flannel saying no one wears it, and since my mom bought the shirt, she says "of course flannel is in, right, Ryan?". I nod real stoic like and agree. "Why yes, mother, flannel is in. It's lumbersexual." LMAO! Everyone got a good laugh about that. 

I'm already a super anxious dude, so this is not helping me at all! Luckily I'm not taking out my anxiety on my nails...just mentally building up a impenetrable fortress in my mind. And foam rolling the hell outta my legs and back. The mind is a tricky vixen... and right now, it keeps trying to shove doubt and fear in there. Stuff like "Will your back hold up the whole race? Have you TRULY prepared enough? Is the fuel you got going to sustain you for at least 3 hours of OCR madness?

It's rough...and the one that gets to me the most is my lower back. I've had "back" issues on and off since I was 15 yrs old. I know a lot of it is my tight hamstrings and glutes, but I do worry about having back spasms or something during the middle of the race... and it's silly, just the enemy coming into to throw me off.

So, there wont be much exercise this week besides rucking just to make sure I'm super fresh come Saturday morning and my back WILL hold up. I'm going to finish this race and I'm going to finish it as the monster I created back in April of this year.. and that monster's name is Wolfenstein.

Man I'm hungry...

Wolf

Lumbersexual - I'm dying haha

I totally get the back issues, I have my own and it can be worrisome, but don't let that sneaky little voice in your head get to you - you're going to rock the fuck out of this race!

4586113da14ad571aa3ef8a19e665aeb.jpg

• Like 2

Truth ;) hahaha

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I love it when we can all collectively agree who we're fighting over :)

Ruck vid win! 

ps I'm totally down for ruck pvp, since as it's looking right now - short-term baby goals are all I have in me right now

Perfect, well there should be some more on the PvP later this week so keep your Fox eyes peeled!

Good points, Wolfie. I think there will be 3 full challenges next year before we ruck Winnipeg.  And I think Wonder Woman might be around awhile.  

Winnipeg is in July right? Yeah, you'll have more than enough time to channel your inner Wonder Woman by then :). "The journey is more important than the destination, so enjoy the walk ruck."

I want to see this.  Might need to come up with something like that on my own now too...

Isn't it just?  I remember almost squeeing with delight when he first recounted the story to me.

As if you have ever failed to deliver, Shello! -Exactly my thoughts :)

You beat me to a video!  Nice work.  Envious of your sunshine though.  I'm staring outside at rain today... but RuckFitâ„¢ must go on!

We need to talk electronica tunes now... I'm lovin' me some dance remixes of popular tunes lately.

Lol. I'm glad the actual origin of me being the Wolf goes over so well. #ThankGod4MyNerdyFriends. Sucks about the rain dude...we just got over that and it appears it'll be here again this weekend! Rain, rain, go away... but beast your way through the rain!

Electronica, huh. For me, it's just random little dancy type songs I got on my list. Here's a couple I've been jamming too recently:

-Rob Thomas-Trust You

-Avicii- Pure Grinding

-Skrillex and Diplo ft Justin Bieber- What do U mean

RESIST THE ENEMY.  Do not fall for their INSIDIOUS MIND GAMES!  

Also, moar story plz?  Your wife sounds like a super cool lady also.

Absolutely, Rowan. Be the light and fight off the dark! I'm lucky to have my wife-she's very cool, very laid back and thinks I'm a supernatural badass...I have ZERO complaints. I'm working hard on the next part, so stay tuned my little parkour slytherin ninja :)

So, Electronica/Dance music. I'm a HUGE fan of dancing and not half bad at it either. Though, getting me to do a dance video is gonna be a lot harder than a lip sync! Maybe with enough Beer Yoga.. #LiquidCourage

Wolf

• Like 5

Thanks Ash! It's off 635 and MacArthur area in Farmers Branch... ring a bell? I hope you have a great day as well Ash!! How's smashing stuff with Harley's Mallet?

Wolf

Where is that in relation to the Hyatt Hotel and the Ball tower? My father worked the Hyatt as a security guard so I was in the downtown area a lot. 

Harley's Mallet (and yes, that's the official name ;) ) will be put to work for the new challenge. So the smashing begins then! :triumphant:

• Like 1

I'm actually still working through what kind of Vampire I want in my novel. I like the traditional ones like on Underworld but I was also a fan of the ones from 30 Days of Night. The way they described them was like sharks...and sharks scare me lol. So, if anything, I would need help with maybe a Master of sorts and hashing out what kind of nasty creature of the night I want. The thing that ties me to the traditional is the sex apeal. I like sexy vamps, but then I'm reminded of the Siren. Beautiful from afar with the voice of an angel and then BAM! Shipwrecked and heart eaten straight from your chest. I also want the vampires to be formidable opponents... cuz I have some juicy fight scenes in store ;)

Weeeeel, my Malkavians/Nosferatu usually enjoy playing mind games, so with the risk of being stereotypical D_R, let me once again prompt you to take a look over Warhammer Fantasy. In short:

- Von Carsteins: Classic Dracula stereotypes

- Lahmians: Seducers and politicians

- Blood Dragons: Master Fighters (yes, the one who started the line was badass enough to actually drink dragon blood)

- Necrachs: Grotesque looking sages, bookworms and overall necromancers

- Stirgoi: Monstrous and bestial

I want to see this.  Might need to come up with something like that on my own now too...

When it comes to screaming fuck ruck at the top of your lungs, I can think of little else besides Lamb of God.

I'm already a super anxious dude, so this is not helping me at all! Luckily I'm not taking out my anxiety on my nails...

You haven't mentioned nail biting in a while. How's that working for you?

• Like 2

Nothing exciting today except I got to try my own version of a Pumpkin Spice Bulletproof Tea. I got some tea packets from Kroger the other day and it was the last box of Pumpkin Spice...so, of course, I took this as fate telling me to grab them. I tell you what...it's the best bulletproof tea I've had to date. So yummy! Leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes for lunch. I need something green to go with it so I'll probably go downstairs and get some veggies.

Welcome to the Pumpkin Side, Wolfie.  It's a lovely place to reside!

• Like 2

Welcome to the Pumpkin Side, Wolfie. It's a lovely place to reside!

All the pumpkin beer! I'm not so much a fan of other pumpkin spiced beverages (maybe Chai would be good), but that's just me.

• Like 1

Apparently I missed a bunch of posts somewhere and had to go back, but yay more vids! Gotta love 'em (totally digging your shirt, btw).

Seriously - they picked a solid cast in the looks and acting department. I see a movie marathon in my future.

Sounds like a plan. Of course you can request something, anything, it's your story! I like where you're going with this... :D

Lumbersexual - I'm dying haha

I totally get the back issues, I have my own and it can be worrisome, but don't let that sneaky little voice in your head get to you - you're going to rock the fuck out of this race!

4586113da14ad571aa3ef8a19e665aeb.jpg

That is a good shirt huh? That's one of my "semi-hipster" shirts. It has a "cowboy kinda flair" to it but a good shirt nonetheless :)

I wouldn't mind watching an Underwold movie marathon..it's been a while since I've sat and watched them all. Rise and Underwold 2 were my faves!

Fuck that little voice. My back is fine. Just stay limper, hydrated and mentally tough. The beast has been unleashed and he's running the shit outta of this race. I'm excited to see what it means to be #Spartan

Where is that in relation to the Hyatt Hotel and the Ball tower? My father worked the Hyatt as a security guard so I was in the downtown area a lot. 

Harley's Mallet (and yes, that's the official name ;) ) will be put to work for the new challenge. So the smashing begins then! :triumphant:

It's about 20 min away from my office, maybe a little more to reach the Hyatt Hotel and Reunion Tower, but not that far. See, I do the opposite, lol, I don't spend hardly ANY time downtown..it's too busy and traffic makes me angry lol.

I can't wait to see you SMASH things! It's gonna be great and Batman should be worried ;). Have a wonderful Wednesday, Ash!

Weeeeel, my Malkavians/Nosferatu usually enjoy playing mind games, so with the risk of being stereotypical D_R, let me once again prompt you to take a look over Warhammer Fantasy. In short:

- Blood Dragons: Master Fighters (yes, the one who started the line was badass enough to actually drink dragon blood)

When it comes to screaming fuck ruck at the top of your lungs, I can think of little else besides Lamb of God.

You haven't mentioned nail biting in a while. How's that working for you?

Hmmm, that's a good list to start with. I can just kinda pull elements from each little class and make the ultimate Vampire if I want. I'll have to make some time to read up on all that since Warhammer is still somewhat new to me. I did the crash course before we did our RP, but the Warhammer Universe is HUGE. So. Much. To. Learn. But that's OK, I love learning new things, especially if it will help in my quest to write this book.

Good ole Lamb of God. Yeah, I agree with you there, dude. And as for nail biting...I still bite them from time to time, but I haven't really done anything about it. I've done a few burpees here and there for biting them but that fell off pretty quick because I was in work clothes 90% of the time. As much as I wanna say "eff you nails!" and bang out some burpees, I like the way my work clothes look and getting them dirty from doing burpees didn't really excite me. It's still something I try to biohack every day-and keeping a pair of nail clippers at my desk has helped a LOT.

Basically, I could be doing better on the nail biting, but I'm not.  :nightmare:

Welcome to the Pumpkin Side, Wolfie.  It's a lovely place to reside!

I couldn't agree more, dude! I'm on day 2 of the Pumpkin Spice and loving it! I don't even have to add any sort of sweetener. Good flavor and...yep, the beards coming in better already!

All the pumpkin beer! I'm not so much a fan of other pumpkin spiced beverages (maybe Chai would be good), but that's just me.

Pumpkin ALL the beverages! Lol. I was a little worried about the pumpkin spice because I was looking for more of a chai like when Rurik does his tea...thankfully it turned out yummy! The other night when we were over my moms, she had bought me a 6-pack of New Belgium's Pumpkick beer. Very good pumpkin beer. I was the only one that liked the beer though-a couple people were making fun of me for even drinking it. 

them: Pumpkin...beer? Why not drink normal beer?

me: Because, Pumpkin beer is for winners! 

Nice touch with the wifey believing our hero is a werewolf!

Supernatural creatures, vikings with axes - Arooooo!

*ShadowLion settles in to await more story*

Aww, hey SL! Thanks for stopping by :). You're the expert writer here, so I'm thrilled to have you following along!

T-minus 3 days before the Race...

I went to the trails last night to ruck but forgot to set my run tracker. I probably covered over 3 miles. Half-way through it was pretty much already dark outside but DAMN, that was fun. It brought a whole new experience with the sun going down and was a little exhilarating!

Dinner last night was Crock-Pot chicken philly cheesesteak... OMG. It was sooooooo freakin good. Heather has all these recipes from Pintrest, so I'll do my best to go back and get links for anyone wanting to try out some of the meals we make. The best part, it was simple and easy to do. The provolone cheese brings great flavor and we used boneless, skinless chicken thighs (since IMO, is the best part of the chicken. Chicken breast is good, but I love me some thighs.) for the meat. The green peppers were nice and soft...YUM! I was very excited to know I'd have leftovers for today. I went paleo with the meal, until I was putting food up. We had some Hawaiian rolls that Heather and the boys ate, so I had to try one...and it was even better on the roll. Damn you bread..or more specifically HAWAIIAN ROLLS! Why must you be so delicious! 

I packed 2 rolls for lunch today to cure some insanity that would sure to develop but it's just a "tease". I have WAY more leftovers than I do rolls so I wanted to use the rolls as kind of a dessert. 

Also, HOLY CRAP. Zero week has exploded. I'm already having trouble keeping up with everyone. I want to reiterate something D_R said: I may not get to post a reply each time, but me liking posts and stuff DEFINITELY means I'm following along and supporting. So, please don't take offense if I end up being 15-20 post behind if not more and all you see is likes. 90% of my posting gets handled when I'm at work because I can't allow myself to be on my phone while the wolf pups are craving the Alpha's attention, ya know? This challenge will be a little tougher to follow others because I CANNOT get behind on my writing. The next installment is almost done and then I have a week to work on the next one. I like to be time crunched like this because it forces me to buckle down and get shit done. This is how I was in school...and without really putting forth much effort (not to toot my own horn) I graduated with a 3.6 GPA.

I love you all and want to make sure my support is there for you....this time you just have to be a little patient with me  :playful:

Wolf

• Like 8

Dinner last night was Crock-Pot chicken philly cheesesteak... OMG. It was sooooooo freakin good. 

YOU MUST SHARE THIS RECIPE WITH ME!!! 'TIS MY NATIVE FOOD!! (well, the steak version anyway...)

• Like 1

I'm actually still working through what kind of Vampire I want in my novel. I like the traditional ones like on Underworld but I was also a fan of the ones from 30 Days of Night. The way they described them was like sharks...and sharks scare me lol. So, if anything, I would need help with maybe a Master of sorts and hashing out what kind of nasty creature of the night I want. The thing that ties me to the traditional is the sex apeal. I like sexy vamps, but then I'm reminded of the Siren. Beautiful from afar with the voice of an angel and then BAM! Shipwrecked and heart eaten straight from your chest. I also want the vampires to be formidable opponents... cuz I have some juicy fight scenes in store ;)

But, since you invoked True Blood earlier in the thread, I'm thinking along the lines of an Eric Northman type.  Really, is there a better vampire out there?  ;)  

But mind games are the most fun!

If we're throwing our own characters in the ring, one of my more fun characters to play is a Toreador who is basically a female James Bond.  

• Like 4

But, since you invoked True Blood earlier in the thread, I'm thinking along the lines of an Eric Northman type.  Really, is there a better vampire out there?   ;)

No, no there is not...

• Like 2

I'm going to catch up with everyone but I wanted to post this first:

https://vimeo.com/143754351

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

"Eric does this shit all the time, so I should be okay." I literally LOL'ed. You're going to be fine, unless you go balls-to-the-wall for the entire 13 to 15 miles.

This weekend is the Spartan Team Championship and Norm Koch is designing the course. Norm is a sociopath and plans everything to be More Worse. I'd bet on closer to 15 miles, and some obstacles will intentionally be too difficult for almost anyone to complete alone.

Man I'm hungry...

Wolf 

Real Beast talk here.

Plan on more than four hours. The pro teams will be finishing around 3 hours, and those folks run the entire course, and they're five- to six-minute milers over distance. I am planning on five to seven hours at my pace. You can do this, I'm just trying to set your expectations and so that you can plan your in-race nutrition.

Dude... this is going to be awesome. And terrible. And awesome.

• Like 4

It's about 20 min away from my office, maybe a little more to reach the Hyatt Hotel and Reunion Tower, but not that far. See, I do the opposite, lol, I don't spend hardly ANY time downtown..it's too busy and traffic makes me angry lol.

I can't wait to see you SMASH things! It's gonna be great and Batman should be worried ;). Have a wonderful Wednesday, Ash!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T-minus 3 days before the Race...

I went to the trails last night to ruck but forgot to set my run tracker. I probably covered over 3 miles. Half-way through it was pretty much already dark outside but DAMN, that was fun. It brought a whole new experience with the sun going down and was a little exhilarating!

Dinner last night was Crock-Pot chicken philly cheesesteak... OMG. It was sooooooo freakin good. Heather has all these recipes from Pintrest, so I'll do my best to go back and get links for anyone wanting to try out some of the meals we make. The best part, it was simple and easy to do. The provolone cheese brings great flavor and we used boneless, skinless chicken thighs (since IMO, is the best part of the chicken. Chicken breast is good, but I love me some thighs.) for the meat. The green peppers were nice and soft...YUM! I was very excited to know I'd have leftovers for today. I went paleo with the meal, until I was putting food up. We had some Hawaiian rolls that Heather and the boys ate, so I had to try one...and it was even better on the roll. Damn you bread..or more specifically HAWAIIAN ROLLS! Why must you be so delicious! 

I packed 2 rolls for lunch today to cure some insanity that would sure to develop but it's just a "tease". I have WAY more leftovers than I do rolls so I wanted to use the rolls as kind of a dessert. 

Also, HOLY CRAP. Zero week has exploded. I'm already having trouble keeping up with everyone. I want to reiterate something D_R said: I may not get to post a reply each time, but me liking posts and stuff DEFINITELY means I'm following along and supporting. So, please don't take offense if I end up being 15-20 post behind if not more and all you see is likes. 90% of my posting gets handled when I'm at work because I can't allow myself to be on my phone while the wolf pups are craving the Alpha's attention, ya know? This challenge will be a little tougher to follow others because I CANNOT get behind on my writing. The next installment is almost done and then I have a week to work on the next one. I like to be time crunched like this because it forces me to buckle down and get shit done. This is how I was in school...and without really putting forth much effort (not to toot my own horn) I graduated with a 3.6 GPA.

I love you all and want to make sure my support is there for you....this time you just have to be a little patient with me  :playful:

Wolf

Ahhh...well, your completely right and I agree. Not that fond of downtown anywhere, lol, Little Rock is the same here.  :wacko: 

Lol, thank you. :P

YAY on the run and I bet it was nice! Sunset and it starting to get dark must of been fun!  :)

Oh  Hawaiian rolls are pure evil! :D

And that chicken sounds delicious! Love a link to the recipe, when you have time. You're right, I agree that the chicken thighs are the best part. Much more moist and flavorful. I also think they tend to absorb flavor a bit better.

Nothing to apologize for my friend, I think a lot of us here can totally relate and the fact that you make the time to stop by and like the posts shows you ARE making an effort t support and encourage. And as that old saying goes, it's the thought that counts. ;)

Besides, if threads are exploding the way it looks like they're going to this challenge it just means people are being awesome and that's what we are all here for! :D

So no worries, just focus on being awesome yourself Wolf!  ;)

• Like 2

YOU MUST SHARE THIS RECIPE WITH ME!!! 'TIS MY NATIVE FOOD!! (well, the steak version anyway...)

Yes ma'am of course I'll share...it was way to easy and yummy to NOT share. And a steak version....*drool*

tumblr_nu19s1aKqw1qfvp5eo1_500.jpg

HAHAHAH! You sure are on a role with thise gifs and pics, QRG. Love it.

But, since you invoked True Blood earlier in the thread, I'm thinking along the lines of an Eric Northman type.  Really, is there a better vampire out there?   ;)

But mind games are the most fun!

If we're throwing our own characters in the ring, one of my more fun characters to play is a Toreador who is basically a female James Bond.  

Oh Eric...how you've added seductiveness to my wifes dreams and my own...wait, what? LOL. There's a reason my hair style looks like Eric's...the man was beast. And I'm pretty sure Pam said something along the lines of, "No one fucks like Eric Northman." sooooooooooooo.....yeah.  I really enjoyed "memory loss" Eric Northman. He was funny. And Pam....loved their relationship! #RoleModel

No, no there is not...

Eric was the shit. Next to Alcide, he was my favorite...and Heather's favorite too, lol. Alexander Skarsgard is a good actor and I'm excited to see what he does with the Tarzan movie coming out next year.

Wolf

• Like 5

Yes ma'am of course I'll share...it was way to easy and yummy to NOT share. And a steak version....*drool*

Have you NOT been to the native land of CHEESESTEAK?S!... Wait, I believe that is a dumb question, brought on by over-hyperactiveness. You're in Texas, right? Of course you haven't been. >.< Yes, the original Philly Cheesesteak is made of... steak! However, I have no photos of them from when I visit my grandmother. Yankee fail. 

• Like 4

I haven't had time for much but reading and a quick picture search lately.  Work is in that not fun kind of stressful.  But pictures and gifs make me smile so I am forced to then share.  I'll spend some time forming complete sentences as soon as I have time.  So far I've been reading while waiting on hold all morning.  There is just so much to read!  We had a ranger explosion.  Its awesome.

Sigh.  My 'lunch' is over.  More work!

• Like 2

"Eric does this shit all the time, so I should be okay." I literally LOL'ed. You're going to be fine, unless you go balls-to-the-wall for the entire 13 to 15 miles.

This weekend is the Spartan Team Championship and Norm Koch is designing the course. Norm is a sociopath and plans everything to be More Worse. I'd bet on closer to 15 miles, and some obstacles will intentionally be too difficult for almost anyone to complete alone.

Real Beast talk here.

Plan on more than four hours. The pro teams will be finishing around 3 hours, and those folks run the entire course, and they're five- to six-minute milers over distance. I am planning on five to seven hours at my pace. You can do this, I'm just trying to set your expectations and so that you can plan your in-race nutrition.

Dude... this is going to be awesome. And terrible. And awesome.

I will most certainly NOT be going balls to the wall, lol. Especially if this is a "Norm Koch" weekend. Whew...makes me more excited to know that this will be tougher than I thought! 15 miles...only 1.5 more miles than they list on the website...

I guess if you've done 13.5, whats another mile in a half? I was guessing between 4-5 hours, but who knows. I've never done this before, lol. Heather keeps asking when I think I'll be home... I told her, "I'm hoping before 4 lol." She just looks at me all wide eyed. Yeah, baby, this is the real deal!

As far as in-race nutrition, I have 9 (i'm thinking around 2 of these every hour or so) hammer gel packets, 2 packets of endurolyte tablets with 4 tablets each (for recovering electrolytes and to fuel me after the 3 hour mark), a hammer energy bar, hammer protein bar, and some other various Hammer products for recovery. I should be ready to rock! I have a packet of stuff called Heed from Hammer that's basically their sports drink powder, and I planned to keep a water bottle in my pack with that as well for energy and electrolytes.

There's going to be so much terrible, awesome fun that I wont be able to contain myself! I concur that this is the best way for a NF mini-meet up. It's like The Sandlot...we just gotta strap on the PF Flyers and pickle the beast! (Speaking of The Sandlot...last challenge I ALMOST did that as my theme. I had writtien half of it before I got sidetracked with The Division.)

Ahhh...well, your completely right and I agree. Not that fond of downtown anywhere, lol, Little Rock is the same here.  :wacko: 

Lol, thank you. :tongue:

YAY on the run and I bet it was nice! Sunset and it starting to get dark must of been fun!   :)

Oh  Hawaiian rolls are pure evil! :D

And that chicken sounds delicious! Love a link to the recipe, when you have time. You're right, I agree that the chicken thighs are the best part. Much more moist and flavorful. I also think they tend to absorb flavor a bit better.

Nothing to apologize for my friend, I think a lot of us here can totally relate and the fact that you make the time to stop by and like the posts shows you ARE making an effort t support and encourage. And as that old saying goes, it's the thought that counts. ;)

Besides, if threads are exploding the way it looks like they're going to this challenge it just means people are being awesome and that's what we are all here for! :D

So no worries, just focus on being awesome yourself Wolf!   ;)

You're right, Ash...I swear thighs soak up more of the juices then chicken breast. WAY more flavorful, IMO. And I guess I will just do and follow and support wherever I can :) It's all I can do anyways because there are SO many awesome challenges this round!

I felt like I wasn't supposed to be running after dark...I felt devious lol. But I loved it!

I hear you on the "Like" button being the best way to show support. Your thread alone accounts for a significant portion of time spent catching up on threads :D

Lol...I can't believe I almost hit 40 pages last challenge...Always appreciate the support Tank! :)

I'm the same with the Like button - I often just don't have anything useful to say that hasn't already been said, hence gratuitous Liking!

Liking something is perfect-I understand not wanting to repeat what 20 others have said. Unless you are Tank, and you find something humorous to point out. He's a master at that!

Wolf

• Like 5

Man with all this awesome writing and extra amazing plots going on this challenge I'm just going to be sitting around eagerly refreshing your and Rurik's threads waiting for the next installments the entire 6 weeks at this point.  I really like what you've got so far and can't wait to see more!

• Like 3

Have you NOT been to the native land of CHEESESTEAK?S!... Wait, I believe that is a dumb question, brought on by over-hyperactiveness. You're in Texas, right? Of course you haven't been. >.< Yes, the original Philly Cheesesteak is made of... steak! However, I have no photos of them from when I visit my grandmother. Yankee fail. 

I have not :(. The furthest up north I've been is Colorado, sadly. Yes ma'am, Texas born and bred lol. I always feel like I need a cowboy hat to tip at someone when I say that lol. And then proceed to grab my GIANT belt buckle...because everything is bigger in Texas. I would LOVE to try some original Philly Cheesesteak, though! I'm not a fan of onions but I could get down on them if I had some OG cheesesteak :)

...so hungry now!

I haven't had time for much but reading and a quick picture search lately.  Work is in that not fun kind of stressful.  But pictures and gifs make me smile so I am forced to then share.  I'll spend some time forming complete sentences as soon as I have time.  So far I've been reading while waiting on hold all morning.  There is just so much to read!  We had a ranger explosion.  Its awesome.

Sigh.  My 'lunch' is over.  More work!

Lmao, no worries QRG, I love all the gifs. Honestly, you could post gifs all day long...I can actually form the complete sentences from them...ya know, since a picture/gif is worth a thousand words? And Supernatural gifs....yes please! BOO for lunch already being over-yay for thread explosion..I think...

Man with all this awesome writing and extra amazing plots going on this challenge I'm just going to be sitting around eagerly refreshing your and Rurik's threads waiting for the next installments the entire 6 weeks at this point.  I really like what you've got so far and can't wait to see more!

HAHA, you're too sweet, thank you Raxie...but holy hell? Have you seen YOUR thread lately? I mean, of course you have. But damn, girl, you put a lot of thought into it and I love it. Actually, yours is so in depth, I'll prolly have to make a day during the week and call if "Raxie Day". I like getting lost in a good story, and Raxie, I'm so far off map, I'm never finding my way out! ;)

I might post my next installment early...

Speaking of the next installment... *Wolf speed vaults over his desk and runs off to write some more!*

Wolf

• Like 4

I have not :(. The furthest up north I've been is Colorado, sadly. Yes ma'am, Texas born and bred lol. I always feel like I need a cowboy hat to tip at someone when I say that lol. And then proceed to grab my GIANT belt buckle...because everything is bigger in Texas. I would LOVE to try some original Philly Cheesesteak, though! I'm not a fan of onions but I could get down on them if I had some OG cheesesteak :)

Onions are not a requirement. You can modify to your heart's delight! My favorite is the pizza steak; basic cheese steak with pizza sauce and mozzarella on top. Remind me to bring some with me whenever I'm at a Rebel meet up...

• Like 1