Urban [Wolf]: Blend into the Sprawl

Wild Wolf

Lol impressive resume. But congrats on making the team. Hopefully I can make some games since you will be here in Austin :)

Well, I still gotta make the team, but I think I'll be OK in regards to that :). Definitely dude, that would be SWANKY! And then after the games we can go grab a brew or something. There's going to be a lot involved if I make the team but for now, I'm just excited about the opportunity. This could also be my foot in the door for when they decide to expand up this direction and who knows, I might be able to run the show up this way, or at the very least help out.

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Really glad you're back and feeling better, brother.  We missed that infectious enthusiasm of yours!  Gonna need all of it to build up our collective Ranger Hype Meterâ„¢ going into the next challenge!  Gotta start 2016 strong, after all.

I actually got the claymore type. It's about 42 or so inches overall, maybe a little longer. But it reminds me of a knights sword. I'm excited to learn different techniques with each weapon and getting used to the varied distances I can strike at. Because of the style of sword and the overall closing distance, it makes it fun to play around with.

Swords, swords, and more swords. I love em. And that game looks like sooooo much fun. I'm gonna get really good and go online and duel other players and show them what being wolflean does to your RPG stats ;)

How do you come up with your sword routines and/or katas?  I want to add some amateur swordplay into my next challenge but really haven't a clue where to start other than YouTube and looking at, perhaps, Kendo katas for a starting point.  HALP PLZ.

Beard oil made from the sweat of Lucas Parker?

CLOSE! Damn, what a guess, Brother Sloth. It's actually an alchemy thing. It's the sweat of Lucas Parker, beard hair from the legendary Paul Bunyan, with a dash of metal shavings from Aragorn's sword. I call it, Ranger Brew ™

It should probably freak me out that you guys know me so well, but for one reason or another it really doesn't... maybe I'm just quirky like that.

Well, I still gotta make the team, but I think I'll be OK in regards to that :).

Any hints toward your potential team name?  Love me some Quidditch!

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Definitely, let me know how it goes.

Plus pics!

Yes, most definitely dude!

Wuuuuh Quidditch! That's wicked!!!!!!!! I am so jealous... we don't have any quidditch teams near where I live :(

But I am stoked for you! Definitely need pictures, if when you make the team!!!!!!

I love it when geekery and sports come together... :)

Thanks Shadri! Pics and vids are a MUST! Apparently, on the 5th, the GM's for the team are picking their players, so I'll know shortly after the 1st challenge of 2016 starts what color I need to coordinate with. Cleats, a mouthguard and athletic gear is all I need to bring, they will be providing the broom :)

So excited! Why doesn't geekery and sports mix more often?!?!

Next up, Blitzball!

blitzball_by_frankatt-d7wvaw8.png

There's an actual Quidditch league out there?!  That's so cool!  So, how does it all work?

Yes ma'am :)https://www.usquidditch.org/about/rules/

This video is cheesy, but works for a visual.

Wolf

• Like 2

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

If you have a game in Austin let me know, if work permits I could totally drive up.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Really glad you're back and feeling better, brother.  We missed that infectious enthusiasm of yours!  Gonna need all of it to build up our collective Ranger Hype Meterâ„¢ going into the next challenge!  Gotta start 2016 strong, after all.

Thanks Rurik! It feels good to have the Holidays behind me and focus on improving for 2016 and beyond. Lemme go ahead and stoke the Hype Meter a little...

shovelling-coal-e1327937288254.jpg

Ahh, that's better!

Meter_Mamoa.jpg?ver=1405999364

(thought I would throw an ode to Mamoa and his awesome portrayal of Conan in there for ya ;))

How do you come up with your sword routines and/or katas?  I want to add some amateur swordplay into my next challenge but really haven't a clue where to start other than YouTube and looking at, perhaps, Kendo katas for a starting point.  HALP PLZ.

A lot of my kata/routines are based off some videos I've watched and then just playing around with the sword in general. A lot of the videos I've looked at are people who have re-created the 7 lightsaber forms and have demonstrated various videos of each form and some of the kata that they work on. But, 95% of my swordplay is totally made up for the most part. Practicing cuts and thrust and various combos that naturally flow and feel good. That probably doesn't help much, though...

It should probably freak me out that you guys know me so well, but for one reason or another it really doesn't... maybe I'm just quirky like that.

Lol! Nah, you're among friends and family, dude, it would be weird if we didn't know you that well ;)

Any hints toward your potential team name?  Love me some Quidditch!

Well, the team's name is "Lonestar Quidditch Club". So, nothing fancy like the "Austin Hippogriffs" or something like that, lol. I will most definitely be keeping everyone in the loop with this starting next challenge. What a helluva way to begin 2016!

If you have a game in Austin let me know, if work permits I could totally drive up.

For sure dude, more than likely it'll be on the weekends, but I have no earthly clue when and where they will be. I know since the team is based out of Austin that we should have plenty of home games there :)

Honestly, if when I make the team, I'm prolly going to reward myself with a broom from here. That specific one was used a lot during the Finals last year. Haha...this is going to be so much fun, and you guys ALL know my view on having fun :)

Wolf

• Like 3

Spoiler

Thanks Nym, I'm glad we all survived, Amen to that. I actually got the claymore type. It's about 42 or so inches overall, maybe a little longer. But it reminds me of a knights sword. I'm excited to learn different techniques with each weapon and getting used to the varied distances I can strike at. Because of the style of sword and the overall closing distance, it makes it fun to play around with.

Despite of being a viking at heart(and weekends) I've always had a love affair with longswords and bastard swords. Will be looking forward to seeing some pics

• Like 2

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

Forgive the one track mind but as soon as I saw that the Snitch is a person, all I could think was...Parkour chase!!!  ;)  I hope the snitch at least makes it hard for the seekers to catch him.  

So, what position are you hoping to play?  

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Good morning everyone! I trust that all my fellow Rangers and Rebels are continuing to kick major booty? We're only 5 days away from the 2016 4-week challenges started and I'm sick of the mystery already! I'm a planner and need to plan for the next challenge accordingly. I already have something written out, but since there will be some significant changes, I would like to prepare! 

Oh well, good things come to those who wait. Patience is a virtue. Rome wasn't build in a day. Blah. Blah. Blah.

So, is Far Cry: Primal out yet??? Wolfie's ready for some beast mastery!

Wow, that broom is GORGEOUS. Hype meter +1.

Right?! I want one so bad...#Nerd #QuidditchFanSinceBookOne

Welcome back Wolfie.Looks like you've made it a swanky comeback

Sent written in Rangercode on a piece of parchment attached to an arrow

Thanks, D_R! Missed you and all my other Ranger family. Nice use of the word "swanky" ;)

Despite of being a viking at heart(and weekends) I've always had a love affair with longswords and bastard swords. Will be looking forward to seeing some pics

Oh yeah! You and me both, brotha! I'll get a pic tonight :)

Forgive the one track mind but as soon as I saw that the Snitch is a person, all I could think was...Parkour chase!!!   ;)  I hope the snitch at least makes it hard for the seekers to catch him.  

So, what position are you hoping to play?  

EXACTLY, lol. I was thinking parkour chase too! Ok, so I've been watching film of the team I'm trying out for and the snitch's in these games are huge dudes. They are throwing down both seekers like its a wrestling match! Lol. So, more than likely, that's what it will look like. Matter of fact, one seeker tried to slip underneath the guy who was the snitch and he got body slammed lol. Whoa! 

I've been in long talks with Mollie, one of the team captains, and she says right now that they are hurting for keepers (defenders/goal keeper) and seekers (Harry Potter). She said, right now, they don't have ANY seekers. The job is tough. Plus, you only get to play a fraction of the game. Mollie said that games last about 25-30 min. The snitch is released at the 18th min and goes until he is caught or it's the end of the game. I told her that's what I want. I want the job no one else wants. I'll fight like you wouldn't believe to get that snitch! Plus, having to wait for 18 min before I am "unleashed" is a good thing. I'll be so wound up from anxiety and excitement that I'll shoot out the gates like a damn greyhound on a rabbit. So, she sounds excited...I'm definitely excited :). I already talked to my brother, and they have a spare bedroom for us to crash in while we are down there.

As of right now, the actual season doesn't start till closer to August of next year, but they have a few tournaments coming up in February and April. Hopefully Mollie can get in touch with some of the DFW people because she said they could take me out and give me a crash course on the flow of the game so I can be a tad prepared for their little fantasy tournament on the 16th. Tryouts are actually the next day, so I'll end up doing both!! There's a mandatory practice once a month, which shouldn't be hard to plan out. I dunno, this is all wishful thinking. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself-let's just get to the tournament, do well, make tryouts, do well, and go from their. 

First things first...I need to learn to be fast and efficient while running with a broom/PVC pipe between my legs...

Now, all I need, is the need for speed, baby! Speed. Think the Flash. Think Fast-Be Fast. I got this. 

Wolf

• Like 6

Spoiler

Also, here's the txt I sent to my brother. Thought you guys would get a kick outta it:

60a1d90c98ae3b5a079d790870121fab.jpg

Lmao.

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 3

Spoiler

What's great is that your brother knew what you were talking about.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Can you velcro the pvc there so you dont have to hang on to it?

Immature answer: No velcro needed when I got my di**! (Sorry, this is what I initially wanted to respond with-whoops! Wolfie is fiery today.)

Mature answer: Actually, you have to stay "mounted" or it becomes a penalty...Velcro in the nethers I'm sure is illegal, but who knows. The sport is still so new, maybe no one would notice, lol. But I think you have to have at least one hand on the "broom" at all times. Though, I did see a vid of some people catching two handed and then grabbing on before they moved. It's gonna be fun to find out!

What's great is that your brother knew what you were talking about.

Exactly. Gotta love some brotherly understanding :). He told me once we're down there that on Sunday morning we can go have donut burgers...

20120523-207677-Straw-The-Ringmaster-Pri

Austin, you sure are a lot of fun, you sly SOB!

Wolf

• Like 3

Spoiler

Oh, god.  Donut burgers.  Epic cheat meal right there.

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

EXACTLY, lol. I was thinking parkour chase too! Ok, so I've been watching film of the team I'm trying out for and the snitch's in these games are huge dudes. They are throwing down both seekers like its a wrestling match! Lol. So, more than likely, that's what it will look like. Matter of fact, one seeker tried to slip underneath the guy who was the snitch and he got body slammed lol. Whoa! 

So it's much more BJJ than it is parkour?  I can still dig it.  The seeker seems to be at a huge advantage since he would have both hands free and wouldn't need to mess with a broomstick.

First things first...I need to learn to be fast and efficient while running with a broom/PVC pipe between my legs...

Now that I think about it, semi-contact sports while you have a broomstick between your legs sounds like a pretty big occupational hazard for men.   :hororr:   

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

If that's where you're going to wear a PVC pipe you'd better be careful not to fall.

I would kill to be able to eat that burger.

Yessir, I'm not afraid of falling. I'll just parkour roll and continue on with my bad self ;). Aren't you and your family making a trip down to Corpus Christi sometime soon? You could always stop in Austin for one of those mighty fine looking burgers?!

Oh, god.  Donut burgers.  Epic cheat meal right there.

Yezzir! And I would more than likely eat till I was miserable, however, the 2nd round for tryouts are later that day. I'll have to eat accordingly lol.

Lol yeah I love what they name the donut burgers:

http://gourdoughs.com/menu/public-house-south-lamar

Hahaha, right on dude, I'm excited. I wonder how close you'll be to where I'll be staying with my brother and his GF. I'll let ya know once I find out exactly where he is, too.

OH MAN...so I just found this. Thank YOU, Google Docs! Magnificent!

Quidditch Seeker Guide

Wolf

• Like 1

Spoiler

So it's much more BJJ than it is parkour?  I can still dig it.  The seeker seems to be at a huge advantage since he would have both hands free and wouldn't need to mess with a broomstick.

Right! The Snitch has a HUGE advantage, BUT, I'm gonna be cocky and say that since they've never faced me, they are currently at an advantage ;)

Now that I think about it, semi-contact sports while you have a broomstick between your legs sounds like a pretty big occupational hazard for men.    :hororr:   

Well, as far as I know, no ones got hurt like that...OH well, that is actually not something that worries me. I'll make sure and keep the family jewels safe though, lol.

Ugh, being at work today sucks. I ran into more bad luck last night... Heather met up with a friend last night and went and saw Sisters, the new Amy Pohler/Tina Fey movie and when she got back out, the car wouldn't start, not even after trying to jump it. And her phone died. Luckily she was able to get a ride home from two strangers. I was a little upset with her for not leaving me a voicemail when she called from one of their phones, because it was a Houston area code and I usually don't answer numbers I don't know, but luckily she made it home safe. So, we gotta figure out whats wrong with out ONLY working vehicle and hopefully whatever it is doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Jeez... I can't catch a break.

I'm still exhausted from dealing with the bank and rentpayment.com last week that I can't even be pissed about this. I need to workout later to blow off some steam. Plus, I'm still hopeful about becoming this teams Seeker. #NerdFantasiesComeToLife

Off to read more of that guide to being a good seeker and TRY to get some work done...

Wolf

• Like 2

Spoiler