• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

The Great Hall: General Chatter

How many threads can one follow before the server blows?  My head is exploding with all the goodness happening on the Ranger forum.  Next challenge may have to include speed reading training!

• Like 5

I've noticed a bit of knitting, sewing etc. How does this relate to rangering? I can sew my hockey pads with fishing line but it is not pretty.

The archery thing I could get into. I have a compound bow, and attempted hunting one season. I took one shot and hit a small buck, sadly rains came in and we had trouble tracking him. I found him but he them took off, ZOMBIE!

Fishing has always been my thing and I am trying to find a way to work it into my challenge.

• Like 2

I've noticed a bit of knitting, sewing etc. How does this relate to rangering? I can sew my hockey pads with fishing line but it is not pretty.

Well, there's the practical aspect of making clothes and such (every fall I get the knitting bug!). And making/fixing/reusing stuff seems to fit with the be-ready-for-anything Ranger 'tude 

• Like 4

Well, there's the practical aspect of making clothes and such (every fall I get the knitting bug!). And making/fixing/reusing stuff seems to fit with the be-ready-for-anything Ranger 'tude

DIY is very Rangerly, and Steve used to do challenges, I don't think he's done any for a while now.

The hockey gear thing is out of necessity. Goalie pads are crazy expensive but yeah diy is great.

My challenge, when I update it will have me working on my deck, very rangerly maybe? I am a diy whore. Cars and house/yard.

• Like 1

The hockey gear thing is out of necessity. Goalie pads are crazy expensive but yeah diy is great.

Hockey is so expensive in general, goalie stuff must be ridiculous!  (I'm not even into hockey and yet I know this, side effects of being Canadian?) I totally understand McGyvering it to work, I might have duct/electical taped a pair of rugby cleats together this spring until they were completely dead... 

I lucked out and played at a very high level, free equipment and all. I am 35 now and my last set of stuff I got at a huge discount.

At this point though if I want new stuff I may have to buy it myself, so I am trying to preserve what I have.

• Like 1

That being said GORUCK Halloween light I am going in full Goalie gear. A mix of my good stuff and a crap pair of leg pads. Should be a complete shit show.

Also full Canadian. Fuck full of labbots/Molson.

• Like 4

That being said GORUCK Halloween light I am going in full Goalie gear. A mix of my good stuff and a crap pair of leg pads. Should be a complete shit show.

You better be getting video of that, I want to see this!

• Like 1

Also full Canadian. Fuck full of labbots/Molson.

That sounds awesome!  The only things missing is some maple whiskey and a moose.  Otherwise you've gone full Canuck!

• Like 2

That sounds awesome!  The only things missing is some maple whiskey and a moose.  Otherwise you've gone full Canuck!

I don't know how to embed Vines here, but this one comes to mind.. (his Vines are basically dedicated to being the uber-hoser)

So many challenges are up already! There really is no stopping you lot is there!

I love how some people are inviting other rebels to get involved in their challenges (LadyShello and Curl Brogo for example). Such a fantastic idea, it really highlights the great community spirit of this group. Go Rangers!

• Like 6

Boards went up yesterday after I left the office, probably while I was lifting something. Still playing catch-up with the old threads and scouting the new challenges. Comments and follows are minimal yet, but a "like" is a sure indication that I read and support. Want to finish with everybody else before posting my own thread. So much excitement already!

• Like 12