The Great Hall: General Chatter

DarK_RaideR

Well, I've washed my gym gear and eaten all the Halloween candy in the apartment -- ready for the challenge to begin. :wacko:

• Like 3

"There are some good things to be said about walking. Not many, but some. Walking takes longer, for example, than any other known form of locomotion except crawling. Thus it stretches time and prolongs life. Life is already too short to waste on speed." Edward Abbey

well that was an interesting 6 page of reading to see what this topic is about. Interesting crew in here :)

• Like 3

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

Push ups challenge (3 sets of 30)

50%
50%

Freaking pull ups challenge (10 consecutive pushups)

64%
64%

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

12188963_903975833013127_509122691766346

I'd say it's about time we saw people in races dressed as MK characters...

Or a Special Edition:

Bane_Tom_Hardy5.jpg

• Like 5

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Happy Monday y'all!

Quick question for you Rangers, is anyone a NASM certified personal trainer? if so, can you provide any tips, tricks, or insights? I'm seriously considering this as a side job, as it's something that I enjoy than more regular job. I've checked out NASM's website, and 699$ for the test and book is a little pricey. Can I get away with just buying the book on Amazon for 60$?

Thanks

Matt

• Like 1

The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Level 4 Ranger

STR 4 STA 4 WIS 3 CON 3 INT 3 CHA 2 DEX 2

Holder of the Sal Ivanth Boots of Striding +2 (10% to distance traveled)

Wielder of the Bound Bow (25 pts magical or physical damage)

Just wanted to share some Monday thoughts with my fellow Rangers.

This link popped up on my Facebook feed this morning: 

20 Surprisingly Profound Quotes From Fantasy & SciFi.

Highlights include, but are not limited to...

6. “It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

8. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” ― Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky

17. “In my life I have found two things of priceless worth - learning and loving. Nothing else - not fame, not power, not achievement for its own sake - can possible have the same lasting value. For when your life is over, if you can say 'I have learned' and 'I have loved,' you will also be able to say 'I have been happy.” - Arthur C. Clarke, Rama II

Go forth and crush this Monday, the start of our last challenge of the year, Rangers!

LeeWall_Destroy.gif

Or a Special Edition:

Bane_Tom_Hardy5.jpg

I would both buy and wear this, but not at the expense of my beard.  Might have to MacGuyver-rig some kind of helmet maybe.

• Like 8

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Now if that guy punching the wall had been training with the Rangers there would be no wall.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 6

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Happy Monday y'all!

Quick question for you Rangers, is anyone a NASM certified personal trainer? if so, can you provide any tips, tricks, or insights? I'm seriously considering this as a side job, as it's something that I enjoy than more regular job. I've checked out NASM's website, and 699$ for the test and book is a little pricey. Can I get away with just buying the book on Amazon for 60$?

Thanks

Matt

I'm going through NASM certification right now. It's not cheap but they're very highly regarded. My gym only takes two different certifications for their trainers and NASM is one of them. They finance.

• Like 2

Jedi Knight - Current ChallengeBattle Log - Epic Quest

I feel this needs to be shared.  It made my Friday evening better in just 30 minutes.

f%2Bbot.gif

YES!!!! I just watched this last night! It's on Netflix haha, and it has a 5-star rating...DUH! I know D_R and Ruthix had mentioned this on my last challenge thread and I completely forgot about it... (sorry guys-my thread was so busy last challenge) but this was amazeballs! Is it weird I already started a future challenge theme for it??

KUNG FURY!

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

OH! And thank you Dark_Raider! I love the new Guild Title! #Werespartan

Wolf

• Like 8

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

YES!!!! I just watched this last night! It's on Netflix haha, and it has a 5-star rating...DUH! I know D_R and Ruthix had mentioned this on my last challenge thread and I completely forgot about it... (sorry guys-my thread was so busy last challenge) but this was amazeballs! Is it weird I already started a future challenge theme for it??

KUNG FURY!

Wolf

That only seems right.

I forgot all about that last discussion!  It popped up as a suggested movie.  The picture and synopsis of course made us instantly forget what we were doing and watch.  It was even more amazing than expected.

I'm going through NASM certification right now. It's not cheap but they're very highly regarded. My gym only takes two different certifications for their trainers and NASM is one of them. They finance.

Thoughts on it? Recommendations on which level to buy in at? The study guide and test alone or the full online experience? Somewhere between those two?

Level 4 Ranger

KUNG FURY!

OH! And thank you Dark_Raider! I love the new Guild Title! #Werespartan

Not weird at all. It's been on my list of potential challenge themes for a while.

Welcome. You earned it

• Like 3

Lvl 44 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Thoughts on it? Recommendations on which level to buy in at? The study guide and test alone or the full online experience? Somewhere between those two?

I bought the study guide and test. The study guide does a good job of covering the book material. I'm supplementing with a couple of mobile apps that help with material review because I thought I could use it due to ADHD.

• Like 1

Jedi Knight - Current ChallengeBattle Log - Epic Quest

Excellent, thanks. I'm going to bring this up to the wife, hoping to start after Christmas.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 4 Ranger

Hello Mighty rangers !

I just started my 1st challenge and feel I will fit with the Rangers- So here I am shaking a couple hands to give it a test drive.

• Like 13

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week #0Food logging: ☑☑☑ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #1Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐

Week #2Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #3Food logging: ☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐

Week #4Food logging: ☐☐☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Previous challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #4.5 #5

Level 3 Lycan Ranger

Workout audiobook: Patriot Games

Looking for accountability buddies: Strava My FitnessPal Moov Google Fit