• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Whoa... Wow. Ok... Let me just take all that in once more, cuz that is something else there Raxie! I don't even care how long it is, I loved it!!

Congrats on quitting smoking, that's most excellent! And Happy early bday!! Yay, Scorpios!

This is going or be so cool. Like I'm about to sit down to watch Star Wars kinda cool! I love the thought process you put into this.. It's magnificent!

I want more!

881522.0.gif

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 4

Just read your opening posts, feeling mega admiration right now, you have achieved so much and are on track for further awesome. I love seeing people thinking about how their food choices align with their morality and choosing their own lifestyle, there is such a variety of possibilities.

SUPER COOL challenge design too.

What a cool challenge! :D

And you don't have to justify anything, doesn't matter if you're in your 20s or 30s or 70s. Your choices are yours and if people are going to give you crap for it let them talk to the hand. ;)

• Like 1

Holy Borderlands, Batman! I had to open up a second tab and note my responses as I read through all of that. Speaking of Borderlands, I fully approve of this theme and your new avatar. And of course I read every single word.

Happy Nerdversary and an early happy birthday! So nice when you look back and understand you've levelled up and become a better human being. Thanks for being open and sharing all that personal info, I get a feeling it's been kind of liberating for yourself as well. Also, beef bacon what even (want)

This is relevant to the whole growing up thing. I know Art of Manliness also put out an article a while ago about not overthinking things and doing them, probably failing, doing them again, getting better and then deciding whether you like them or not, but Mark really nails it in the article linked.

Look at how smoking has been wiped clean off your life, you don't even recall doing and quitting it!

Love the challenge design and the way you set up the whole bullets, health and boss fights system. You really went wild this challenge and I'm interested to see where that takes you.

tumblr_nws9miDZBb1qdb83ao1_540.gif

Quoting for Krieg hug

Now, let's party!

• Like 2

Wow! This challenge is the epitome of gamifying your life! I'm getting the popcorn ready to watch the boss fights! Can't wait!

As others have already said, you don't have to justify yourself or your decisions to anyone. If anyone has a problem with your choices, that is their problem. 

In the words of the great Nick Frost:

tumblr_msnag7B8of1su4cb8o1_500.gif

• Like 2

Oh holy cow! I woke up to so many responses :D

I've got a training I have to be in all day today for work (booo.... even though it's actually kind of cool for once and sciencey) so I'll be scarce on the forums today, but I'll come back for an update and to read all your lovely words later this afternoon!

• Like 3

Group hugs!

Buffy-hugs.png

Happy nerdversary!  I just passed my one year and this whole group of people and NF is just amazing.  I'm also about to hit the anniversary of my best friend's death a few years ago during this challenge, so sympathy and solidarity there.  

Also, your challenge is going to be amazing!  I'm definitely going to follow along again.  

tumblr_mrat081wVI1rcsuguo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Happy two years with NF!!! My challenge format actually wound up kind of similar to this, coincidentally! Though yours is totally more thought-out and awesome and BORDERLANDSY. Looking forward to seeing you kick all the ass.

• Like 1

NERDVERSARY!  Looks like we started around the same time - so crazy to think how much has changed!  You are amazing and I love you, and also your goals are really cool, and you are really cool :)

Also, where do you get your humane beef?  I've been trying to be more ethical with my food choices, but also there are like ten thousand grocery stores in NYC, and also Whole Foods makes me really uncomfortable.  HALP PLZ.

Wowza, lady. First, we're all here for you no matter what. It takes some guts to totally open up, and don't worry about doing it on your own time :) Congrats on the nerdversary (mine was this month), quitting smoking, and happy early birthday!

Second, this challenge is totally rocking my socks off - Borderlands, REAL LIFE BOSS FIGHTS. You're going to be seriously amazing, I know it!

Sub'd, obviously..

• Like 1

I loved the wordsplosion! I will turn 47 this month (yay November birthdays!) and I still have to remind myself to do adulting! Excited to follow this challenge! Internet hugs to you!!

ETA:  Finally got a chance to get back online and read through the challenge part of your post.  Sounds amazing!  I love the bullet concept.  Can't wait to watch!!

Ooh November is a great month, then :D  Thanks for the hugs!

WOW that's amazing! Congrats on a huge and permanent lifestyle change! :)

Thank you!!

You have been welcoming to me, so in for this!

Hooray thanks for popping in! :]

This challenge looks FANTASTIC, great wordsplosion.  And even though you hid it in teeny tiny text, I agree - Raxie the Timelady Siren can do ANYTHING!

Hehe, thanks Big Show! :D

That's awesome that you quit smoking so hard you've forgotten about it.

I actually was really surprised about it, too.  I was replying to people and thinking about my NF experiences and it just popped into my head and I was like WHAT how could I have forgotten?? So strange.

I don't think I've ever quit something so successfully that I've completely forgotten about it, that's awesome! 

I mean I certainly haven't *completely* forgotten, not that I ever have any desire for cigarettes any more, but it is something I really never think about unless confronted with it.

Am I the only one who thinks the combination of Timelady, Sirens, and Planeswalking is just bloody cool as all hell?

I may have to get an artist to draw whatever this crazy character would look like, because I think she would be pretty intense looking :)

Whoa... Wow. Ok... Let me just take all that in once more, cuz that is something else there Raxie! I don't even care how long it is, I loved it!!

Congrats on quitting smoking, that's most excellent! And Happy early bday!! Yay, Scorpios!

This is going or be so cool. Like I'm about to sit down to watch Star Wars kinda cool! I love the thought process you put into this.. It's magnificent!

I want more!

Yay, thank you for reading it all! And holy cow, I better really bring it this challenge if there are Star Wars references being thrown around...

Just read your opening posts, feeling mega admiration right now, you have achieved so much and are on track for further awesome. I love seeing people thinking about how their food choices align with their morality and choosing their own lifestyle, there is such a variety of possibilities.

SUPER COOL challenge design too.

Thank you! I am by no means done with my journey, in fact I feel like I am just beginning.  Especially with having only really just started with weight lifting.  But it feels really good to look back and realize how far I have actually come. 

Oh wow, I missed so much already. I have to reserve the reading for some other time but I'll definitely follow along for all that awesomeness. :)

No worries! I've got the tl;dr in there for a reason... I am frequently that person who doesn't have time to read stuff so no worries. Thanks for stopping in!!

• Like 4

What a cool challenge! :D

And you don't have to justify anything, doesn't matter if you're in your 20s or 30s or 70s. Your choices are yours and if people are going to give you crap for it let them talk to the hand. ;)

You're totally right.  I really need to stop worrying about silly people pestering me about silly things :)

Holy Borderlands, Batman! I had to open up a second tab and note my responses as I read through all of that. Speaking of Borderlands, I fully approve of this theme and your new avatar. And of course I read every single word.

Happy Nerdversary and an early happy birthday! So nice when you look back and understand you've levelled up and become a better human being. Thanks for being open and sharing all that personal info, I get a feeling it's been kind of liberating for yourself as well. Also, beef bacon what even (want)

This is relevant to the whole growing up thing. I know Art of Manliness also put out an article a while ago about not overthinking things and doing them, probably failing, doing them again, getting better and then deciding whether you like them or not, but Mark really nails it in the article linked.

Look at how smoking has been wiped clean off your life, you don't even recall doing and quitting it!

Love the challenge design and the way you set up the whole bullets, health and boss fights system. You really went wild this challenge and I'm interested to see where that takes you.

Quoting for Krieg hug

Now, let's party!

Thanks D_R!  I appreciate it :D It really was liberating, it makes me kind of understand why and how some people have blogs... which honestly I've never totally understood.  Very cathartic. And the overwhelmingly positive response I've gotten on here (how could I expect any less, in retrospect) confirms I did the right thing.

That article is amazing!! Totally right on the money when what I'm feeling and talking about with growing up. 

I've actually been meaning to read more Art of Manliness stuff, but I haven't so I may have to go investigate this other article you speak of and then will probably go down the rabbit hole.  You may have just given me something to do during work tomorrow haha

You have no idea how excited I was to find that Krieg hug photo lol.  PARTY TIME!

Wow! This challenge is the epitome of gamifying your life! I'm getting the popcorn ready to watch the boss fights! Can't wait!

As others have already said, you don't have to justify yourself or your decisions to anyone. If anyone has a problem with your choices, that is their problem. 

You all are completely right.  Justifying myself is something I shouldn't feel like I have to do... it's a hard thing to overcome but I think I'll get there.  Especially because I know how confident I am in my decisions.

Following as always.

Hooray! Glad you're here!

I guess I'll follow along :tongue:

Geeee, thanks hahah :D

Kick some ass, Raxie.  

I will do my very best, Jitters :) Thank you!

Group hugs!

Happy nerdversary!  I just passed my one year and this whole group of people and NF is just amazing.  I'm also about to hit the anniversary of my best friend's death a few years ago during this challenge, so sympathy and solidarity there.  

Also, your challenge is going to be amazing!  I'm definitely going to follow along again.  

Hugs hugs hugs! Love them. I'll take them all, especially those of the group variety :D

It'll definitely be a tough time, but we will get through it. 

Happy two years with NF!!! My challenge format actually wound up kind of similar to this, coincidentally! Though yours is totally more thought-out and awesome and BORDERLANDSY. Looking forward to seeing you kick all the ass.

Craziness, great minds definitely think alike :]

NERDVERSARY!  Looks like we started around the same time - so crazy to think how much has changed!  You are amazing and I love you, and also your goals are really cool, and you are really cool :)

Also, where do you get your humane beef?  I've been trying to be more ethical with my food choices, but also there are like ten thousand grocery stores in NYC, and also Whole Foods makes me really uncomfortable.  HALP PLZ.

It really is! I can't believe how much has changed in kind of a relatively "short" time either.  D'awww thank you! You are also really cool :D

Whole Foods is a good place to get it, though I understand I only go there when I *really* have to... the ones in Manhattan are particularly erm... discomforting.  I usually shop at Trader Joes.  And even a regular grocery store will usually have Certified Humane frozen or refrigerated prepackaged meat, which isn't the greatest but it's not bad when you're in a bind.  Just to clarify, I mean like straight up frozen meat that you can cook with, not weird parts of frozen dinners stuff.  I'm sure there's humane that somewhere but I don't think anyone on here would really want any part of it haha

• Like 1

Any bullet earned yet, Rax?  I WANNA SEE THE GUNFIGHTS OK?

Not yet! Well... kinda not yet.  I'm doing a trial run this week with a little bit different rules to make sure everything is as it should be.  I'll explain shortly! But there will be gunfights!!!

..............Wow,....... that's a lot of stuff.  Will we even recognize you after the next challenge?  ;)

...idk I might dye my hair red get some blue tattoos buy some guns and start looking for loot!

Wowza, lady. First, we're all here for you no matter what. It takes some guts to totally open up, and don't worry about doing it on your own time :) Congrats on the nerdversary (mine was this month), quitting smoking, and happy early birthday!

Second, this challenge is totally rocking my socks off - Borderlands, REAL LIFE BOSS FIGHTS. You're going to be seriously amazing, I know it!

Sub'd, obviously..

Thank you on all counts! I'm pretty excited about it :)

• Like 4

Week Zero - Tuesday

tumblr_nwwkqnDyDm1qdb83ao1_500.png

Our Timelady Siren has just arrived on Pandora.  She needs to learn the ropes, kill some low level skag whelps, and level up just enough to adventure out from Fyrestone into the rest of Pandora for the real adventure!

This week, I will be tracking my bullets, health kits, and would-be boss fight phase walk damage and instant health vials.  I will compare this to a theoretical boss and see if I would have beaten it,  FOR DATA, and figuring out what I might need to switch up to be successful in this new fangled challenge when it starts for real next week.  All the gear I earn this week won't carry over... it's basically a tutorial level.  So the bullets will fly! But they will be theoretical bullets hehe :)

My life challenge this week that will do elemental damage to my tutorial level boss's weakness is CLEANING MY ROOM! I need a clean habitat to be successful, and my rooms kinda funky right now.  Laundry needs to be herded, surfaces need to be organized, I might even need to dust.  This way when the real challenge starts next week I will have a fresh start. 

My plan for the week is/was (some of it happened already)

Monday - AM Yoga/Meditation, Laundry

Tuesday - grocery shopping & batch cook paleo nom nom meat balls.  mmmmm. Also finish putting laundry away

Wednesday - AM Yoga/Meditation, Stronglifts

Thursday - AM Yoga/Meditation, Mobility work, Organize in Room

Friday - Stronglifts, Class

Saturday - Mobility work, Incline Treadmill & HALLOWFREAKINWEEN YAYYYY. Going to a concert :)

Sunday - Stronglifts, Dust

My week got pushed back a bit due to having to stay late at work yesterday and today, so I'm going to have to fit my treadmill work in over the weekend which I wasn't originally planning.  But we'll see how it works out.

Current Tutorial Inventory:

Bullets: 40 bullets (from 4 vegetables sides)

Health Kits: 2 (yoga/meditation yesterday AM)

ALSO in my previous post where I replied to a bunch of you all.. I got an error message that said my post had MORE EMOJIS PER POST THAN THIS COMMUNITY ALLOWS.  Seriously... what?! That kind of cracked me up.

Anyway, off to fight some skags!

• Like 8

Week Zero - Tuesday

tumblr_nwwkqnDyDm1qdb83ao1_500.png

Our Timelady Siren has just arrived on Pandora. She needs to learn the ropes, kill some low level skag whelps, and level up just enough to adventure out from Fyrestone into the rest of the Pandora for the real adventure!

This week, I will be tracking my bullets, health kits, and would-be boss fight phase walk damage and instant health vials. I will compare this to a theoretical boss and see if I would have beaten it, FOR DATA, and figuring out what I might need to switch up to be successful in this new fangled challenge when it starts for real next week. All the gear I earn this week won't carry over... it's basically a tutorial level. So the bullets will fly! But they will be theoretical bullets hehe :)

My life challenge this week that will do elemental damage to my tutorial level boss's weakness is CLEANING MY ROOM! I need a clean habitat to be successful, and my rooms kinda funky right now. Laundry needs to be herded, surfaces need to be organized, I might even need to dust. This way when the real challenge starts next week I will have a fresh start.

My plan for the week is/was (some of it happened already)

Monday - AM Yoga/Meditation, Laundry

Tuesday - grocery shopping & batch cook paleo nom nom meat balls. mmmmm. Also finish putting laundry away

Wednesday - AM Yoga/Meditation, Stronglifts

Thursday - AM Yoga/Meditation, Mobility work, Organize in Room

Friday - Stronglifts, Class

Saturday - Mobility work, Incline Treadmill & HALLOWFREAKINWEEN YAYYYY. Going to a concert :)

Sunday - Stronglifts, Dust

My week got pushed back a bit due to having to stay late at work yesterday and today, so I'm going to have to fit my treadmill work in over the weekend which I wasn't originally planning. But we'll see how it works out.

Current Tutorial Inventory:

Bullets: 40 bullets (from 4 vegetables sides)

Health Kits: 2 (yoga/meditation yesterday AM)

ALSO in my previous post where I replied to a bunch of you all.. I got an error message that said my post had MORE EMOJIS PER POST THAN THIS COMMUNITY ALLOWS. Seriously... what?! That kind of cracked me up.

Anyway, off to fight some skags!

Ooooh tutorial level! Cant wait to see how it goes.

Clearly you're using emojis correctly if the forum can't handle it.

e9bdeedcf9c4f0ed39ca364ab56d3118.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

• Like 7

ALSO in my previous post where I replied to a bunch of you all.. I got an error message that said my post had MORE EMOJIS PER POST THAN THIS COMMUNITY ALLOWS.  Seriously... what?! That kind of cracked me up.

tumblr_ma7bk904DZ1qz53j7.gif

• Like 5

I may have to get an artist to draw whatever this crazy character would look like, because I think she would be pretty intense looking :)

We should commission from the same artist.  I would love to see my Half-Dwarf Cyberpunk Techno-Ranger live and in color!

Not yet! Well... kinda not yet.  I'm doing a trial run this week with a little bit different rules to make sure everything is as it should be.  I'll explain shortly! But there will be gunfights!!!

...idk I might dye my hair red get some blue tattoos buy some guns and start looking for loot!

GUNFIGHTS!

Definitely dye the hair and get some tattoos!  Cosplay all the characters!

• Like 3

I've seen you around here and there (namely on Starpuck's thread) and thought I'd stop by to see what you're all about. Turns out, you're all about the awesome!

I read your wordsplosion and related to a lot of what you said (though I haven't really 'got' the whole 'fitness as a way of life' thing yet. I get it, but I still don't get it, y'know?) Also, I'm 34 and I still don't feel like an adult, so I can totally relate to that. I'm beginning to think this whole 'adult' thing is really just an illusion anyway, no one actually has their act together, it's just that some people are better at faking it than others...

And holy complicated challenge, Batman! Not that that's a bad thing, but I know nothing about Borderlands so it all went well over my head. Raptron has a complicated, boss-fight-type thing going on too, which also left me blinking in confusion at my screen. I have a feeling my brain will be getting a workout just following others' challenges this time 'round...

Or, at least, I didn't get the memo that said you had to become stuffy and boring once you reach middle age.

There was a memo? *tsk* No one ever tells me anything.....

• Like 2