Tumblr_mrpp6rO26h1re8svpo1_500.gif

They see you as small and helpless;
They see you as just a child
Surprise when they find out that a warrior will soon run wild
Prepare for your greatest moments;
Prepare for your finest hour
The dream that you've always dreamed is suddenly about to flower

MAIN QUEST: Prepare for the future! 2016 is going to be a crazy busy year in my professional life and I still want to accomplish a lot in my personal life, including becoming a true Triple Threat (be an acting/singing/dancing MASTER) and completing a sprint triathlon, all the while not backsliding on any of the progress I’ve made since starting my fitness journey. It's a lot to handle, but a future huntress needs to prepare to be prepared!

QUEST 1: PRACTICE OUTSIDE OF CLASS [+3 DEX, +2 CHA]

IMG_4616.GIF tumblr_nbr8gi41hY1qjcq11o5_500.gif

This quest that has Jaune written all over it: he goes to Beacon under false pretenses and has to work doubly hard outside of his classes just to keep up (though often with Pyrrha pushing him to do so).  That said, he’s also an incredible dancer, as are the rest of Team JNPR.  For me, I came into the acting game later in life than most people, and I have a lot of catching up to do especially in the dancing department (since I’m all about the musical theatre), which means I need to work on dancing outside of class so that I can be just as castable as anyone else.  So, twice a week, I will work on my personal trouble spots from jazz and/or tap class on my own time.  It will not have to be all at once if my schedule does not permit it, as long as each skill/move is touched upon on two separate days of the week.

A = 2x/week | C = 1x/week | F = zilch

Prerequisite: Attend a jazz or tap class.

Caveats: Prerequisite is waived if I cannot get to a class due to scheduling conflicts, inclement weather, or health reasons.  If I get injured, this quest will be replaced with a conditioning quest to encourage a speedy recovery, details to be determined if this happens.

Bonus Opportunity! I can earn an extra $15 towards Japan spending money for every session I spend focusing on Latin-based dancing in order to prepare for Evita auditions/callbacks.

QUEST 2: FIGHT OR FLIGHT [+2 STA]

tumblr_nabq4jsAxF1rgagxfo3_500.gif

Sometimes, a huntress just needs to know when to run.  Or swim.  Or take some other mode of transportation out of a sticky situation, like, say, a bicycle if it happens to be available.  And hey, sometimes, you just need to be adept at these things just to know how to survive when fighting Grimms.  Since one of my big 2016 goals is to complete a sprint triathlon, and since biking and swimming are areas I’ve never really focused on, I need to start working on them now.  So, twice a week, I will swim, bike, and/or run, BUT at least one of the sessions MUST be either swimming or biking.  If I only run, I get docked a letter grade since I’m already a strong runner.  Yes, races will count for running.

A = 2x/week (swim/bike at least once) | B = 2x/week (running only) | C = 1x/week (swim/bike) | D = 1x/week (running only) | F = zilch

Prerequisite: None.

Caveats: If I get injured, hopefully I can still do one of these sports depending upon the injury, but if not, I will adjust accordingly or get a bye for the duration of the injury.  If I get sick, I get a bye for the duration of the illness.

Bonus Opportunities! I can earn an extra $50 if I manage to do all three sports during the course of the week. Also, if I bike outside on a real bike instead of a stationary bike, I will earn an extra $15 bonus for Japan.

QUEST 3: EPIC FOOD BATTLE [+2 CON, +1 WIS]

tumblr_n98ocpGeX01sq42slo1_400.gif

While Team RWBY and Team JNPR know how to fight the most epic food fight in the history of ever, that’s not quite what I mean with this quest.  Rather, it’s the holiday season, and I have an extreme weakness for all of the foods this time of year (but let’s be fair: who doesn’t?).  Now, I don’t want to restrict myself by any means, and so I have three situations in which to approach the temptation of yummy desserts and sweets so that I take everything in moderation:

PARTIES: If a small plate is available, I am allowed only as many sweets/desserts that can fit on the plate without piling.  Otherwise, I am only allowed to fill half the plate.

THANKSGIVING/MOM’S BIRTHDAY: Bye.  While I don’t tend to go crazy for these occasions, often just limiting myself to just one slice of pie or cake, I’m also giving myself permission not to worry about it, either.

ALL ELSE (date nights, social outings, someone brings treats to work, etc): I am allowed the treat only if it fits within my macros/calories (i.e., I meet my protein minimum AND/OR it’s within my allowed caloric range)

A = Followed the criteria | F = Did not follow the criteria

Prerequisite: Calories must be logged every day.

Caveats: If I break the rules, I must eat completely clean during the next 24 hours in order to not fail the quest, and I am only allowed this out once a week. Also, the prerequisite is waived on Thanksgiving.

Bonus Opportunities! I can earn $10 per day that I eat at least 95g of protein (my estimated lean mass being 95lb). If my average weekly calorie count is within 50 of my current estimated maintenance, I will earn $25 extra for the week.

LIFE QUEST 1: DON’T STOP, JUST SLOW DOWN [+1 CON]

tumblr_mvz5melilN1shcxheo2_500.gif

Blake and I have this tendency of overworking ourselves and not getting the rest we need.  While I tend to busy myself with things I enjoy versus, say, trying to stop villains from succeeding in their goals, I still need to take some time to myself and just relax.  So, 5x/week, I will dedicate at least 30 minutes at home to doing nothing.  What this means is for 30 minutes a day, I’m not on my cell phone (unless I’m listening to music, and this music cannot be anything I’m working on for auditions and what not, or I’m doing guided meditations), I’m not on the computer (unless, again, I’m doing guided meditations), and I’m not doing any work at all whatsoever.  If tea is required to help me relax, tea is allowed.  It’s about stilling my mind, letting go of my obligations and stress, and just relaxing.

A = 5x/week | B = 4x/week | C = 2-3x/week | D = 1x/week | F = zilch

Prerequisite: None.

Caveats: Watching a movie or TV show or Netflix can count as long as I’m doing literally nothing else (not even eating dinner) but watching. Ideally, I’d rather not have to count it, but just sitting down and watching something can be enough of a chore for me because I feel like I ought to be doing something, anything else. ;;;

Bonus Opportunity? Nope.  I think having one would defeat the purpose.

LIFE QUEST 2: DICHOTOMY OF REN AND NORA [+2 WIS, +2 CHA]

tumblr_inline_mryje3bcsn1qz4rgp.gif

Ren and Nora are polar opposites and yet they’re best friends.  Ren is the studious, mature, adulting type, and Nora is the fun-loving, hyper type, and they balance each other out perfectly.  Because I do need to adult better, but also since I don’t want to risk giving up the things I love, I decided to do a grab bag redux for my life quest with the intention of maintaining a semblance of balance.  So below are the rules of this little grab-bag mini:

1. Each task is worth 5 points.
  2. Most tasks have an attached bonus.  This is my ideal, If-I-had-Hermione’s-Time-Turner-Or-At-The-Very-Least-A-Clone way of living.  Obviously, it’s crazy to expect to get more than one of these bonuses in any given week, but hey, that’s why it’s a bonus! No penalties, no stress if I don't accomplish them. And if I do, permission to pull from my savings account for Japan!
  3. My minimum goal is 400 points by the end of the challenge.  This is basically saying that I’ll complete two tasks every day with some leeway in case of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
  4. Since the idea is balance, my adulting and my extracurricular tasks need to be as close to 50/50 as possible by the end of the challenge.  With a 400 point goal, that means 200 points need to be for adulting and 200 points need to be for fun.  Bonus opportunities will be available if one category skyrockets past the other, but ideally I shouldn’t need it.
  5. Grading will be based on a percentage scale of how much of the goal points I earned (with a boost if I need to increase the minimum) and how close to 50/50 I balance out adulting and extracurricular.

h1b6YUi.png

Prerequisite: Budget must be updated by Monday morning.

Caveats: None.

Bonus Opportunity! I can earn $50 towards Japan for every increase in the goal I need to do.  See each individual task for other possible bonuses.

c3ab1630bfc220954c02ae2908591d90394e6563

IN SUMMARY:

1. Work on dance basics 2x/week
  2. Swim or bike or run 2x/week
  3. Follow holiday-food eating criteria
  4. Relax for 30min 5x/week
  5. Grab bag!

WEEKLY RECAPS

Day Zero | Week One | Week Two | Week Three | Week Four | Week Five | Week Six | Challenge Complete!

REWARDS (non-stacking)

I'll be going to Japan at the end of December through mid-January, and Japan is expensive, so this is the money I'm going to allow myself to withdraw from personal savings. Non-stacking, because let's not go insane here!  This is the money for food and shopping and sightseeing adventures. I'm already budgeting for travel and hotel costs. This will be on top of the money I allot myself via bonus money in the above quests.

A-average = $500 towards Japan spending money

B-average = $400 towards Japan spending money

C-average = $300 towards Japan spending money

Starting Measurements

Waist @ narrowest: 27"

Waist @ navel: 30.25"

Hips: 37.5"

Thigh: 21.75"

Calf: 14.25"

Est bf%: 21.5%

Weight: 121.8lb

• Like 4

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Week 1 Grade: 94%

Week 2 Grade: 94%

Week 3 Grade: 75%

Week 4 Grade: 83%

Week 5 Grade:

Week 6 Grade:

Overall Grade: 88%

Dance Moves: Jazz                                             Dance Moves: Tap

1. Chainé                                                              1. Shuffle

2. Soutenu                                                            2. Ball change

3. Soutenu pique                                                  3. Step-heel and heel-step

4. Pas de bouree turn                                           4. Single buffalo

5. Assemblé                                                          5. The Irish

6. Sissonne                                                           6. Shirley Temple

7. Catleap                                                             7. Maxie Ford

8. Turn Combo 1                                                  8. Filap

9. Hitch Kick                                                          9. Shuffle Ball Heel

10. Grand jeté                                                      10. Cramp Rolls

• Like 1

2016 Battle Log

I have no idea what this is all about, but I am here for this.

You should watch RWBY!!! It pays homage to a bunch of awesome things like anime, fantasy, fairy tales, etc. The first two complete seasons are on Netflix and they're formatted like an entire movie, or you can watch online. Each episode is about 10-15 minutes? And the third season just started this weekend. :D I'm so in love with this show, I cannot even.

Oh hai thar :D

OHAI

2016 Battle Log

90d4b1ac3931380e5599eaea431a9992.jpg

FOUND YOU!!!  WOO!!

Fantastically detailed challenge and makes me definitely want to check out RWBY too!  Love the additional grab bag and I also love the idea of forcing rest for 30 minutes.  That's a really good idea and I hope it helps lower your stress as well!

Good luck with your dance!  Should be fun to practice outside of class and good on you for limiting desserts while also staying realistic due to the holidays!  Fantastic!

Here for this!  Always :D

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

GET AT IT. :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

90d4b1ac3931380e5599eaea431a9992.jpg

FOUND YOU!!!  WOO!!

Fantastically detailed challenge and makes me definitely want to check out RWBY too!  Love the additional grab bag and I also love the idea of forcing rest for 30 minutes.  That's a really good idea and I hope it helps lower your stress as well!

Good luck with your dance!  Should be fun to practice outside of class and good on you for limiting desserts while also staying realistic due to the holidays!  Fantastic!

Here for this!  Always :D

giphy.gif

TASTE THE HAPPINESS :D

Check out RWBY, yes!!! And since you know RvB iirc, you'll enjoy what the VA for Caboose is doing in this show. :lol: NOW THAT I'VE HEARD IT I CANNOT UNHEAR IT.

One of the things from last challenge that the grab bag really did for me was in the realms of fun and adulting. It was so satisfying having the physical list in hand, going, "What should I do now?" and then choosing something off the list and then doing it and checking it off. (Yes, I have a hard copy tracking device because I like ticking things off a To-Do list, basically. It's an addiction.) And since, from previous experiences with my life quests, when I focus on one thing I let all the others fall by the wayside and then I feel I'm behind on all of the things in life, I decided it'd be a good way to pursue all of the things important to me without feeling like I'm neglecting any one of my (way too many) passions. Just... be proud of me I left trying to relearn how to play the piano out of this grab bag. ...... this time. :P I may or may not always do this going forward (especially since the next challenge will fall during my Japan vacation) but we'll see!

And thanks!! One of the bonus quests from last challenge really opened my eyes here. Spending time to work on pirouette drills outside of class made my pirouettes stronger than ever the next time we did them in jazz class, and I was terrible about working on tap basics, so might as well make that a challenge this time. ^_^ And yesssssss omg, holidays + all of the foods especially the desserts. So dangerous. But restriction is breeding grounds for failure and misery, while moderation is breeding grounds for success and happiness. Thank goodness I'm in, or trying to find, maintenance mode. :D

AND YAY HAPPY!!!!

GET AT IT. :D

18fp617yzcd3hgif.gif

• Like 2

2016 Battle Log

Crossing things off lists hits the brain with happy-chemicals the same way as solving a puzzle or winning something. By all means, use it to your advantage!

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Crossing things off lists hits the brain with happy-chemicals the same way as solving a puzzle or winning something. By all means, use it to your advantage!

Human beings. We like productivity. Crossing things off lists is the best proof of productivity. ^_^

mike-in-monsters-university-type-a.gif

• Like 4

2016 Battle Log

Human beings. We like productivity. Crossing things off lists is the best proof of productivity. ^_^

mike-in-monsters-university-type-a.gif

We work around biological processes that work against our goals, occasionally there are a few that are helpful. 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

We work around biological processes that work against our goals, occasionally there are a few that are helpful. 

But only occasionally. Survival instincts, for instance, makes auditions harder than they really have to be. :(

Speaking of auditions!

Last night I sort of got guilted into auditioning for the master class at my acting school. :lol: So I'm signed up for it, will be doing it on Thursday, and T, my acting teacher and also the director of the show, told me that it should be pretty low-key especially for those of us who he's worked with and he knows our abilities and potential. Since he's the one who guilted me into auditioning, I would not be surprised if I got cast. I'm also fully expecting NOT to get cast, because the people T's never worked with before who might be auditioning may be absolutely phenomenal and would edge me out, which would be fine, because I wasn't really intending on doing another show until 2016 anyway.

It did get me thinking about how it would affect my challenge, though, since if I get in rehearsals would start during Week 3 and would last the rest of the challenge (performances/tech week being the week immediately following).

What I concluded: there's little reason that I won't be able to keep up with my goals even with rehearsing 4x/week with the occasional Saturday rehearsal. I'll have my weekends, which just means that rest days will have to be sometime during the whole Monday through Thursday timeframe, dependent completely on the week's specific rehearsal schedule. I doubt I'll even get a big enough role that I'll be called into every rehearsal, so it should be fine. Of course, I'll play it by ear. There's still a very good chance that I WON'T get in. Still, if I HAD to cut things down, I think I know how I'd do it:

1. Dance basics 2x/week ==> unchanged. Since I'm limiting myself to only 4 moves (2 per dance style) + 1 conditioning exercise for this quest, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to do this. Still, even that criteria might get cut down to 2 moves (1 per dance style) + 1 conditioning exercise if things start to get too chaotic, but since it was never part of the requirements for the quest, it's kind of moot to changing the challenge overall.
  2. Tri cardio 2x/week ==> unchanged mostly because if I have to, I'll pull two-workouts-in-a-day once over the weekends to make sure it gets done. There is no time limit, even; if I run or bike for only 5-10 minutes to warm-up before a lifting session, that totally counts, too.
  3. Holiday eating ==> unchanged because come on, no excuses here
  4. Relax for 30min 5x/week ==> this one I WOULD change, either to make it to 30min 3x/week or 15min 5x/week or something. This one I'll play by ear.
  5. Grab bag ==> I may lessen the requirements for this or adjust the format. I'll cross that bridge if/when I have to.

Luckily, with this rehearsal schedule, I can still make it to Saturday jazz class (I'll even list the time of the class as my Saturday conflicts in hopes that he'll schedule rehearsals after the class is over), but tap would be out of the question until after I return from Japan, since there are no adult tap classes on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays, and most studios will be on winter break by the time we're finished with the show. Which is fine, I'll just work on the basics with YouTube videos at home per Quest 1, nbd. My workout schedule should remain largely unchanged otherwise. So... yes.

Oh, my life. :lol: But we'll see what happens. Because anything can happen. Just because T wanted me to audition doesn't mean he'll cast me, after all!

• Like 2

2016 Battle Log

Mid-Interim Week Update!

Phew, this week so far has been... not great? Monday was weird because lack of appetite, and then between not eating enough on Monday and not getting enough sleep, Tuesday became a wash, but it's Wednesday and I'm determined to get back on the horse! Normally I like to give my challenge a test-drive during the interim week, but I'm feeling burned out on life in general (this may or may not be because Shark Week will be starting any day now) so I've decided to take it easy and only focus on making sure I'm eating properly and at the very MINIMUM lifting twice a week and making my way to a dance class. So far so good: finally got around to lifting this week!

And cool things happened, particularly:

• I got a O_O expression from a gym bro when I did my farmer carries. I guess he never saw a tiny 5'1 girl pick up two 45-lb dumbbells before or something. :lol: Still, SUPREMELY proud of that.

• ALSO ALSO LOOK WHAT I DID TODAY:
    Lb5X2OKl.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My other side wasn't as great and center splits are still awful, but let's compare today's with my very first attempt ever with the last time I posted progress pics. Ready???

EARLIEST PHOTOS (10/30/14):

cFhIeMEl.jpg 7pyjkczl.jpg VDVt3SEl.jpg

TWO MONTHS AGO (9/6/15):

87YgeoNm.jpg 5ppSeysm.jpg SwndxJYm.jpg

TODAY (10/28/2015):

Lb5X2OKm.jpg y7rPvdYm.jpg Ir0uLUdm.jpg

What a difference a year makes!!

Anyway, my thinking thoughts on my quests, even though I gave some thoughts yesterday. Still!

• QUEST 1: Dance Basics 2x/week As I mentioned yesterday, the intention is to do no more than 2 moves a style with a conditioning exercise. The conditioning exercise may come from class itself, or I'll be doing research to find what I want to work on. Now, if things get really busy, I'll trim it down to 1 move a style with a conditioning exercise, but we'll see how it goes. Moves can be rolled over from one week into the next as I feel the need demands or if I couldn't make it to a class for that style for whatever reason. (There's a good chance, for example, I'll be doing at least pirouettes the entirety of the six weeks!) But I do hope to go to tap class tomorrow if I get out of my audition early enough, and I will be going to jazz on Saturday, so that'll give me a good basis to start Week 1. :)

• QUEST 2: Tri Cardio 2x/week The hardest part about this is that as the daylight hours vanish and as the weather gets colder, working up the motivation to do this will get more and more difficult. (CURSE YOU WINTER) BUT. It's only twice a week. ONLY TWICE A WEEK. For now, the intention is on my off-Fridays (because yay 9/80 schedule) I will be either biking for my warm-up or swimming after lifting, and on my two-day weekends I'll make the effort to do something depending on my schedule. Ideally, after Saturday jazz dance, I'll be hitting 24 Hour on my way home, or I'll do something first thing Sunday morning. This leaves at least once during the week to do one of these sports. Again, if my life starts to get chaotic, I will utilize biking or running as a warm-up before my strength workout, but I'd like to avoid that, if I can.

Ultimately, I do have a goal in mind for each of these sports: 20 minute nonstop swimming, 40 minute nonstop biking, and 20 minute nonstop running. Not one right after the other, but most sprint tri plans recommend that before you start, you can do at least this much, and I figure the training plans will get me through the rest.

• QUEST 3: Holiday Eating Rules Honestly, this is the quest I'm the least worried about. Of course, I'll be continuing my maintenance quest from last challenge and working towards eating correctly per my macros, especially since the "ET CETERA" requirements demand that any treat I have fits in my macros, but really, I've been good about my eating for the most part these days, it's just all about keeping it up in the lieu of post-Halloween leftovers, Thanksgiving, and all of the holiday-related parties. ;;; 

• LIFE QUEST 1: Relax for 30min 5x/week Really, I'm realizing more and more that this really should say: "Meditate for 30min 5x/week" because that's what this is feeling more like. But I mean. The entire point is that my cell phone is put away, I'm not on the Internet, and I'm not doing anything productive -- which leads right into meditation, I guess. A 30-minute hot bath totally counts, though. And Netflix if all I do is watch and literally not anything else except for maybe tea or water. Honestly, I feel like this is going to be the hardest of all of my quests. ;;;;;;;

• LIFE QUEST 2: Mini Grab Bag! Like last time, I made a complicated spreadsheet. I upload it to gdocs so you can see. But this is another area that shouldn't be too difficult. Honestly, the balance portion might be the hardest part about this. When I do my Day Zero post I'll expand on each of the tasks, but I am testing my spreadsheet based on what I manage to get done for the grab bag this week. Not actively pursuing the grab bag objectives, but it's cool to see what I do naturally without a challenge to guide me along. Of course, since I've been very BLAH this week, there's not much to report on. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;; 

So yes, my thinking thoughts. My schedule the rest of the interim week as it stands so far:

Wednesday: Lifting accomplished, will also need to prepare for tomorrow's audition tonight. Also I need to email B about my theatre company's open stage night. All of this before I go to Tyro's improv troupe's first show tonight!

Thursday: Audition! And if I get out of the audition early enough, I'm going to tap class. If I don't, then I'll go to the gym and do something related to tri cardio.

Friday: Lifting, and then trying to see if I can't piece together the final details of my Halloween costume

Saturday: Jazz class and then starsapart and stillskies' Halloween party!

Sunday: Tyro was thinking about taking a day trip somewhere since we're both feeling burnt out, so probably that. I'll try to get in a bodyweight workout but we'll see!

• Like 3

2016 Battle Log

That's great about your splits--just think of where you'll be a year from now, eh? "Relax" = no electronics in your hands or lap, yes? Yeah, your eating once was the hardest thing, but that crown has passed to R&R...

• Like 2

wow, your split pics are totally inspiring!!!

And I love so much of your challenge, especially the joy sparkling through it all. You will rock it all, I know it, with rehearsals or not :)

Will try to be less absent this time, just know I am with you in any case  :love_heart:

Yayyyy on all the dancing! And singing!! And acting!!

Did you know dancing makes you not only gorgeous (as can be seen clearly on you) but will keep you smart as well

dancing%2Bmakes%2Byou%2Bsmarter.jpg

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Oooooh RWBY anime, and fun tiems and relaxing and doing things and progress on splits.   Hello, yes please.

• Like 2

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

YAYAY, you're on the ground! Now let's get it square. ;) Your quads are look fab as well, by the way. Busy week, as usual, but have fun! 

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

That's great about your splits--just think of where you'll be a year from now, eh? "Relax" = no electronics in your hands or lap, yes? Yeah, your eating once was the hardest thing, but that crown has passed to R&R...

2016 goal, center splits, maybe??? :D 

Yup, basically. I mean, currently I consider "relaxing" to be, "veg out on the couch and play logic puzzles on my phone," which, okay, yes, everyone has their definition of relaxing and if exercising my brain is it, but I don't think it's as effective as turning off the cell phone and computer would be. Because stilling my mind, taking a real and true breather -- that's what this quest is about, because I never allow myself this. This is still going to be so hard though. ;;;;;;; ONLY I WOULD FIND A RELAXING QUEST DIFFICULT????????

wow, your split pics are totally inspiring!!!

And I love so much of your challenge, especially the joy sparkling through it all. You will rock it all, I know it, with rehearsals or not :)

Will try to be less absent this time, just know I am with you in any case  :love_heart:

Yayyyy on all the dancing! And singing!! And acting!!

Did you know dancing makes you not only gorgeous (as can be seen clearly on you) but will keep you smart as well

dancing%2Bmakes%2Byou%2Bsmarter.jpg

Thanks!! One year of working on these things, off and on, except 2015 I made sure to turn it ON ON ON initially to be as flexible as I could for Cabaret (and whoo man, Cabaret did WONDERS to improve my splits!!!) but then it became such a habit I kept going with it, and it's paying off! As I said to Urgan above, center splits for 2016 -- y/y? I CAN DO EET?

And that image -- YES I can see exactly how dancing does all of that! Especially that last bullet point, because choreography, yo. Sometimes you screw up and you have to get back into it and you have to do it quickly before anyone notices, thus: quick decision making gets exercised. ^_^ Love that graphic!!!

Oooooh RWBY anime, and fun tiems and relaxing and doing things and progress on splits.   Hello, yes please.

LOVELOVELOVE RWBY omg. When Tyro introduced me to it I did NOT expect to get as obsessed with it as I've become. :lol: It's a good thing I don't fandom anymore, or else I'd be sucked into it right now! And yes, yay!!!!!!!

YAYAY, you're on the ground! Now let's get it square. ;) Your quads are look fab as well, by the way. Busy week, as usual, but have fun! 

Yup, next step to perfecting them is to make them look, you know, actually good. But hitting the ground was my main goal for the whole "being able to do the splits" goal. Now time to fix the form. :D And eeeeeee thanks!! My lower body in its entirety is still the part of me I'm most self-conscious about (hence my measurements being more lower body-focused than upper body) so thank you thank you thank you for complimenting my quads, it put a big smile on my face. :love_heart: 

• Like 3

2016 Battle Log

2016 goal, center splits, maybe??? :D

Yup, basically. I mean, currently I consider "relaxing" to be, "veg out on the couch and play logic puzzles on my phone," which, okay, yes, everyone has their definition of relaxing and if exercising my brain is it, but I don't think it's as effective as turning off the cell phone and computer would be. Because stilling my mind, taking a real and true breather -- that's what this quest is about, because I never allow myself this. This is still going to be so hard though. ;;;;;;; ONLY I WOULD FIND A RELAXING QUEST DIFFICULT????????

Of course you can. A year and you've got side splits, what's another year, more or less to conquer center? 

Just start small and work up to the point that you feel you could take as much time away from stressers (i.e., things with screens) as you want. I find doing jigsaw puzzles is the closest my mind comes to being singly focused, except maybe when under a PR squat, but that's only for seconds, LOLOLOL.

• Like 1

Man I'm looking at that image and wondering if I should seriously considered taking up dancing too.  I'm uncoordinated as hell, but would be a fun way to stay sharp (so would learning coordination in partner drills and sparring but the risk of face punch may cancel that out :P).

Awesome Mid-Week thoughts there!  Yah winter is coming and because I am cold blooded, I'm already wearing snow boots and my coat.  Ugh it's so cold!  You have a gym at work you workout at so for running would treadmill work?  Or an athletic shopping trip for warm things are in order (I have no warm things and I need more athletic warm things).

Relaxing for 30 minutes is tough but I'm sure you'll find way.  Netflix + Tea sounds awesome as well as a bath.  My MIL recommended a bath with Tea + Whiskey as a relaxing/sickness remedy.  Which sounds awesome. 

y.jpg

WHY HAVEN'T I MADE THIS YET?!  I HAVE TEA AND LEMON AND WHISKEY!...Perhaps tonight.

Anywho I'm rambling.  I can't see your photos at work (stupid work comp) but I'll make sure to get a pic at your amazing progress when I'm home! :D

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Hot toddies. <3

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

Hot toddies. <3

Tis the season :D

Spoiler

---

---

---

Of course you can. A year and you've got side splits, what's another year, more or less to conquer center? 

Just start small and work up to the point that you feel you could take as much time away from stressers (i.e., things with screens) as you want. I find doing jigsaw puzzles is the closest my mind comes to being singly focused, except maybe when under a PR squat, but that's only for seconds, LOLOLOL.

Exactly! I just have to shift some focus into center splits, because I'll be honest, I haven't done nearly as much work on them as I did with the side splits. But that will change once I fix my side splits form!

Oh yeah, to begin with, I'll probably work with guided meditations, hot baths, and counting watching Netflix etc (I know, I know, still a screen, but when I watch TV shows or movies I can't help but want to surf the Internet at the same time -- baby steps here, I'll quit counting Netflix eventually). If I can just learn how to really relax instead of just vegging about, I know my quality of life will improve ten-fold. :D

Man I'm looking at that image and wondering if I should seriously considered taking up dancing too.  I'm uncoordinated as hell, but would be a fun way to stay sharp (so would learning coordination in partner drills and sparring but the risk of face punch may cancel that out  :tongue:).

Awesome Mid-Week thoughts there!  Yah winter is coming and because I am cold blooded, I'm already wearing snow boots and my coat.  Ugh it's so cold!  You have a gym at work you workout at so for running would treadmill work?  Or an athletic shopping trip for warm things are in order (I have no warm things and I need more athletic warm things).

Relaxing for 30 minutes is tough but I'm sure you'll find way.  Netflix + Tea sounds awesome as well as a bath.  My MIL recommended a bath with Tea + Whiskey as a relaxing/sickness remedy.  Which sounds awesome. 

y.jpg

WHY HAVEN'T I MADE THIS YET?!  I HAVE TEA AND LEMON AND WHISKEY!...Perhaps tonight.

Anywho I'm rambling.  I can't see your photos at work (stupid work comp) but I'll make sure to get a pic at your amazing progress when I'm home!  :D

Dancing does improve your coordination! It's tough at first, but oh man, the pay-off is well worth it. I know of a few studios near where you are if you're interested! ;)

Hahahahaaaaaa. Tyro hates winter even more than he used to because I get no circulation in my toes and hands. So I torture him. Sometimes on accident, most of the time on purpose because revenge for tickle attacks and what not. :lol: My gym does have a treadmill, but I hate treadmills, but it's really my only option during the work week because it's too dark otherwise. The cold rarely bothers me for running, it's the darkness and running alone. Luckily, I do have plenty of warm things though for running!!

I think we have whiskey. Or bourbon. I think Tyro has a supply of it whenever anxiety gets him riled up. I'll definitely give it a try!! 

And ramble away~

Hot toddies. <3

Tis the season :D

... and really, now I have to try. For science. Or something. ;)

• Like 1

2016 Battle Log