originalpiratematerial - "you're an apprentice, you're not ready to think yet"

Update:

Good decluttering today - some unopened cosmetics which I have put in an unused sponge bag and taken to the charity shop with other stuff including some cuddly toys (not favourite ones), a set of books on mythology that I have looked at many times but never opened, a book about birds (ditto), a nice, unused designer bag that should make a good christmas gift for someone, etc etc.

And (on the basis of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em") I did Nerd Fitness Yoga (Water A) and really enjoyed it.  Got in a bit of a taffle with the second Warrior Two pose and nearly toppled sideways onto the laptop, which would have been an expensive mistake, but managed narrowly to avert disaster!

Friday's workout was a curate's egg.  I ran for longer than previously, which I was pleased about BUT my fibula (or the area around it anyway) was very painful towards the end, so that was a downer.  I stopped off at a local playground that has bars and climbing frames and benches and did some tricep dips, push-ups, rows etc which I really enjoyed.  And then I had a nice walk home and listened to a playlist on Spotify.  

Thursday - gym workout - rowed 1 km then did strength stuff including squats.  

I have been recording lots of walks on Runkeeper but need to tot up the distances.  

The one thing that has not been good is that my food intake has gone to pot.  I have been eating all sorts of food I normally try to avoid, and comfort-eating, to boot.  I've decided just to go with the flow until the end of the weekend and then try seriously to clean up from Monday onwards.  

• Like 3

Great! Working out in local playground is something I have to try especially because I don't have a pull up bar for now... but I'm too shy right now! Just running in an unknown town made me feel like the ultimate adventurer...

As for the food the great thing is that a week end of comfort food means nothing if you have enough flexibility to get back on track right away

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW en utilisant Tapatalk

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

Update:

The one thing that has not been good is that my food intake has gone to pot.  I have been eating all sorts of food I normally try to avoid, and comfort-eating, to boot.  I've decided just to go with the flow until the end of the weekend and then try seriously to clean up from Monday onwards.  

It's only just got properly cold, do you think that makes a difference? I feel the need to warm up from the inside, lots of carbs!

• Like 2
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Great! Working out in local playground is something I have to try especially because I don't have a pull up bar for now... but I'm too shy right now! Just running in an unknown town made me feel like the ultimate adventurer...

As for the food the great thing is that a week end of comfort food means nothing if you have enough flexibility to get back on track right away

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW en utilisant Tapatalk

It is a bit unnerving, the playground workout thing. There are usually one or two other people around doing similar in my local park though, which helps. On Friday there was a guy doing manoeuvres with a wooden stave. He also seemed to be wearing some sort of ethnic costume - Eastern European perhaps? Very intriguing.

• Like 1

Nom nom to gingerbread cookies!

One of my work colleagues brought back cookies from Israel today.  Delicious, and very tiny, so I managed to convince myself that they wouldn't do any harm!

A good day otherwise though, lots of walking, an hour in the gym (with trainer, therefore hard work) and lots of chicken, fish and vegetables. 

• Like 2

It is a bit unnerving, the playground workout thing. There are usually one or two other people around doing similar in my local park though, which helps. On Friday there was a guy doing manoeuvres with a wooden stave. He also seemed to be wearing some sort of ethnic costume - Eastern European perhaps? Very intriguing.

I know I'm missing something! Last week I went for a walk and found a fitness trail in a lovely spot with water and all. It had dip bars and pull up bars so I guess I'm making it a goal : exercise in the secrecy of my cave all winter to be able to exercise there in the spring!

As for comfort food I cooked myself a nice chili last week. Yummy

• Like 2

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

You have a pull-up bar at home though, I think? That makes me a tad envious.

Updates updates - feel like I'm losing focus somewhat in this challenge but good news today - I ran 2.5 miles and my dodgy leg was ok. This was on the dreadmill rather than outdoors, but still. I could have run for longer from a cardio/stamina pov but didn't want to overtax those knee ligaments.

• Like 3

No pull up bars I'm using my stairs bf19449b738d690072a368a857ba8a48.jpg

If I stick to the progression then ill deserve to invest!

• Like 5

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Good job on the 2.5 miles. Lots of people have issues at this point in the challenge, we call it the week 4 doldrums. Just keep pushing and I know you can do this.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Very good!

Decluttering has slowed down here. However last night I binned a fertility thermometer. Not going to need THAT again this lifetime!

Ha, well done :-)

Despite almost constant decluttering I still feel overwhelmed with CRAP IN THE HOUSE and I can't find anything. Need to start afresh with vigour, now where did I leave that?

• Like 2

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

:numbness:

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Under the sink, with the Vim??

I don't dare look! There is matter in the sink, and under. There are things in there......

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

It's been a really tough week here, with lots more relationship issues (it feels a bit unfair to post much detail though) and one poorly child, and several other commitments.  I feel as if I am being pulled in many directions at once.  As a result, self-care has gone out of the window a bit (forgetting to take vitamins, not sleeping enough, that sort of thing).  I'm also feeling really tempted to spend money on stuff that I really don't need, which would be so stupid as this is a habit I managed to break in the last challenge and I don't want to revert to it.

However, provided I manage to get out for a run on Sunday, I haven't missed any workouts.  And I've been pretty good on food and tracking. 

I need to stay positive.  

• Like 3